Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Teddy Bridgewater

Johnny Manziel dropped for losing to LSU in Baton Rouge. Teddy's error was losing at home and for struggling against teams like Houston and Memphis. If Teddy was everything that you think he is you would think he would have at least been in Top 10 in Heisman voting. Bill Walsh says, believe what your eyes and ears are telling you.

Manziel dropped because he played like garbage in losses to LSU and Missouri. Bridgewater dropped because his team lost to UCF, despite him playing fantastic. He was out of the race as soon as his team lost a game because he played in the AAC.

It's funny how now you're using the Heisman as a barometer for success because you think it suits your argument. Troy Smith, Charlie Ward, Chris Weinke, Jason White, Geno Torreta, Danny Wuerffel, Matt Leinart, Andre Ware, and Eric Crouch all won Heismans. Why weren't they great NFL QB's?

Tom Brady never got a Heisman vote. How is he a successful QB if he wasn't top 10 in Heisman voting?

Manziel dropped because he played like garbage in losses to LSU and Missouri. Bridgewater dropped because his team lost to UCF, despite him playing fantastic. He was out of the race as soon as his team lost a game because he played in the AAC.

It's funny how now you're using the Heisman as a barometer for success because you think it suits your argument. Troy Smith, Charlie Ward, Chris Weinke, Jason White, Geno Torreta, Danny Wuerffel, Matt Leinart, Andre Ware, and Eric Crouch all won Heismans. Why weren't they great NFL QB's?

Tom Brady never got a Heisman vote. How is he a successful QB if he wasn't top 10 in Heisman voting?

lol, I did that with him a few pages back in this very thread. It's not worth it.

I told everyone he knows his stuff and has good information, but it's not worth it to engage him in back and forth debates because he loves to argue asinine reasoning to support his arguments.

lol, I did that with him a few pages back in this very thread. It's not worth it.

I told everyone he knows his stuff and has good information, but it's not worth it to engage him in back and forth debates because he loves to argue asinine reasoning to support his arguments.

I don't think he knows anything. He's the Todd McShay of this board. He parrots what he hears from other people but rarely has an original thought of his own. Any evaluation by him is merely linked from a scout or analyst off twitter.

I agree that a serious back and forth is not worth it. His arguments get more and more ridiculous each time. However, it's somewhat entertaining to see just how far he will go with each one.

he knows his stuff = asinine reasoning = :lol: (thanks)

Are you like Joel Buschbaum ?

No. No where close to his level. I'm just an old draftnik who has been enjoying being a draft nerd and a hobby for 40 years. I do believe you have to see 100 QBs drafted, where, why, how they turn out, why they succeed and why they fail before you really can understand the evaluating process. Most of my analysis comes from what I have seen and experienced in the past. My early twenties and thirties I thought I knew it all. If you think I'm bad now, you should have seen my draft analysis then. Actually it was bad and sad.

I don't think he knows anything. He's the Todd McShay of this board. He parrots what he hears from other people but rarely has an original thought of his own. Any evaluation by him is merely linked from a scout or analyst off twitter.

I agree that a serious back and forth is not worth it. His arguments get more and more ridiculous each time. However, it's somewhat entertaining to see just how far he will go with each one.

It is clear that Wolverine doesn't care for my analysis but it is me that he dislikes even more.

Last edited:
No. No where close to his level. I'm just an old draftnik who has been enjoying being a draft nerd and a hobby for 40 years. I do believe you have to see 100 QBs drafted, where, why, how they turn out, why they succeed and why they fail before you really can understand the evaluating process. Most of my analysis comes from what I have seen and experienced in the past. My early twenties and thirties I thought I knew it all. If you think I'm bad now, you should have seen my draft analysis then. Actually it was bad and sad.

I think until they go against an NFL defense or the Texans , you don't know . I agree there's hints along the way .

I think until they go against an NFL defense or the Texans , you don't know . I agree there's hints along the way .

For the most part I agree and vice a versa. This Bridgewater vs Bortles comparison reminds me very much of a similar situation last year. I was watching tape of the Jim Thorpe Award Winner, All SEC, All American CB Jonathan Banks, intrigued by the prospect that he could be a potential pick for the Texans. I watched 4 different games and one thing was clear to me, the CB I was watching on the other side of the field Darius Slay was a better CB. The more I watched the more I was convinced that Slay was a better player. I went on a message board with my opinons, Slay was better, covered better, faster, broke on the ball better, was a better CB than Banks and IMHO Slay would be drafted before Banks. Much like here here I took a lot of ridicule, called many names etc etc, didn't know what I was talking about so on and so on. Slay was 36th pick, Banks the 43rd pick. Slay vs Banks is much the same feeling I have about Bortles vs Bridgewater.

Last edited:
Where did you get this information? I tried Googling this after you posted it and haven't been able to find anything to confirm this other than the article talking about 'wearing gloves is sometimes a sign of small hands.'

8.5" is pretty small. I started reading an article about how this affects things and it seemed pretty informative from a couple of standpoints:

http://www.eagleseyeblog.com/2010-articles/june/qbs-hands-does-size-really-matter.html

He just turned 21 less than a month ago. Hopefully his mits will grow a little larger.

I also looked to see how many fumbles he's had in his collegiate career to see if it's a large number that can be attributed to small hands, but I can't find this number. Does anyone have a good website or answer to the number of fumbles?

I've read where that's a concern but hasn't been confirmed . Heck ... he may have dry hands .

For the most part I agree and vice a versa. This Bridgewater vs Bortles comparison reminds me very much of a similar situation last year. I was watching tape of the Jim Thorpe Award Winner, All SEC, All American CB Jonathan Banks, intrigued by the prospect that he could be a potential pick for the Texans. I watched 4 different games and one thing was clear to me, the CB I was watching on the other side of the field Darius Slay was a better CB. The more I watched the more I was convinced that Slay was a better player. I went on a message board with my opinons, Slay was better, covered better, faster, broke on the ball better, was a better CB than Banks and IMHO Slay would be drafted before Banks. Much like here here I took a lot of ridicule, called many names etc etc, didn't know what I was talking about so on and so on. Slay was 36th pick, Banks the 43rd pick. Slay vs Banks is much the same feeling I have about Bortles vs Bridgewater.

Your logic slays me.

:wadepalm:

Wow, I had same opinion of Slay. I really liked Banks but he began to slip at end and Slay just kept moving up my board. IIRC, The 3 Amigos mocked Slay for a while. I often don't follow a player after draft. Do you have any info on Darrius?

Wow, I had same opinion of Slay. I really liked Banks but he began to slip at end and Slay just kept moving up my board. IIRC, The 3 Amigos mocked Slay for a while. I often don't follow a player after draft. Do you have any info on Darrius?

Slay had knee surgery right after the draft. He has had limited play and is currently hampered by a knee again.

Banks is a starter in Tampa.

so that's why you search out my posts

I don't search you out at all. I stick mainly to the college football board if you haven't noticed.

However, let's not forget that you're the one who followed me to the Bill O'Brien thread to try and troll some more about Blake Bortles.

I don't search you out at all. I stick mainly to the college football board if you haven't noticed.

However, let's not forget that you're the one who followed me to the Bill O'Brien thread to try and troll some more about Blake Bortles.

Wouldn't you just be better off ignoring my post? I do not aspire to live rent free inside your head. Never have. If you think I am a troll I can show you what a real troll is like, just say the word. All your post will be followed by my posts containing 4 letters saying you forgot to include IMHO.

Why? This place gets slow occasionally and you're very entertaining.

I had to go back and review the O'Brien thread to see the ominous "Troll Post". Then I saw and remembered my post and it literally made me :lol: "BORTLES BEAT O'BRIEN". If you truly consider that to be a troll post I have 3 words for you, "Lighten Up Francis'. :)

I had to go back and review the O'Brien thread to see the ominous "Troll Post". Then I saw and remembered my post and it literally made me :lol: "BORTLES BEAT O'BRIEN". If you truly consider that to be a troll post I have 3 words for you, "Lighten Up Francis'. :)

Flame post then, call it whatever you want to. There’s no need for me to lighten up because I am neither mad nor offended. All it did was confirm that, despite your claims that I “search out your posts”, it’s actually quite the opposite. You search out mine. Why else would you go to a thread about Bill O'Brien and try to flame my post completely off-topic?

You seem to be under the delusion that you've “got me”. That I respond because I can’t help it and that you have trolled me to the max. Meanwhile, the reality is that I continually poke you and you can’t help but respond. You think that you've roped me in when really you’re the one that’s been on the hook the whole time.

Flame post then, call it whatever you want to. There’s no need for me to lighten up because I am neither mad nor offended. All it did was confirm that, despite your claims that I “search out your posts”, it’s actually quite the opposite. You search out mine. Why else would you go to a thread about Bill O'Brien and try to flame my post completely off-topic?

You seem to be under the delusion that you've “got me”. That I respond because I can’t help it and that you have trolled me to the max. Meanwhile, the reality is that I continually poke you and you can’t help but respond. You think that you've roped me in when really you’re the one that’s been on the hook the whole time.

This must be Love!

ESPN selling doubt about Bridgewater declaring, this morning.

Teddy Bridgewater still 'undecided'
Louisville junior quarterback Teddy Bridgewater said he is "undecided" whether to return for his senior year and will make the decision following the Cardinals' bowl game.

"I've been hearing all these stories that I've made a decision -- I haven't made a decision," Bridgewater said Monday. "I will talk to my mom and the coaches before making my decision. I'm not leaning either way."

Bridgewater is the No. 1-rated quarterback prospect by ESPN's Todd McShay, and the No. 8 player overall.

Bridgewater said he's not leaning either way, but admitted he's been paying close attention to the other quarterbacks that have decided to remain in school or declare early.

He will decide on his future "hopefully three-to-four days after" Louisville's Russell Athletic Bowl against Miami on Dec. 28 in Orlando, Fla., when he is "comfortable" with his decision. He is not going to set a specific deadline.

"Whenever I feel comfortable after discussing it with my mom, my family and my coaches," he said.

Bridgewater will graduate Thursday with a degree in sports administration. He's the first member of his family to graduate from college.
He said the main reason for returning for his senior year would be "playing in a new conference against better talent and being able to play another year with guys I've had great relationships with at Louisville."

Louisville moves to the ACC next season, after spending Bridgewater's last three years in the American Athletic Conference and Big East.

Last edited:
Don't worry guys, if somebody is bringing up the Heisman as reasoning for or against any potential draft pick you can safely ignore that persons logic about the subject forever.

The Heisman has dick all to do with how a player plays on Sundays. Absolutely nothing.

Matt miller - nfl draft lead writer

teddy bridgwater, right now, is the second-best quarterback i've scouted, ahead of rgiii, matthew stafford, sam bradford, philip rivers, eli manning and aaron rodgers. Of course, we're talking about him as a draft prospect, so there are no guarantees, but his pre-draft grade is at an elite level.

My top-rated quarterback and no. 2 overall player, bridgewater is a franchise-level, blue-chip quarterback prospect.

Matt miller - nfl draft lead writer

for bleacher report....the National Enquirer of sports tabloids.....Miller's expertise and experience is not any better than anyone here on this message board. Miller is as good as your local fortune teller or palm reader.

Better than Griffin? I'm gonna vote no.

RG@ 2011 (last year at Bayor):
Passing 291/402 4,293 72.4% 10.7 avg 37 TDs 6 INTs rating 189.5
Rushing 179/699 3.9 10 TDs

Misguided stats mean nothing. Follow Art Briles career as a coach and look at the numbers his quarterbacks have put up.

Kevin Kolb, RG3, and now Bryce Petty.

#1 offense in the Nation w/out RG3 (The Heisman Winner)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total

Better than Griffin? I'm gonna vote no.

RG@ 2011 (last year at Bayor):
Passing 291/402 4,293 72.4% 10.7 avg 37 TDs 6 INTs rating 189.5
Rushing 179/699 3.9 10 TDs

It's to bad they didn't play against each other so we see who is really the best. :kitten:

It's to bad they didn't play against each other so we see who is really the best. :kitten:
Agreed. I will not respond to the other silly posts as I watched both Griffin and TB. Griffin better player. If you use TB's stats to aid your cause as most do and should, then you use stats for others as well as what you & others say about a player's skills.

Agreed. I will not respond to the other silly posts as I watched both Griffin and TB. Griffin better player. If you use TB's stats to aid your cause as most do and should, then you use stats for others as well as what you & others say about a player's skills.

RGIII beat Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas Tech and Washington. When was the last time a Baylor team did that in one season? RGIII stats back that up. TB can't really say he's ever had that kind of year against that kind of competition.

RGIII also had quite a few more future NFL players on his squad. And by quite a few I mean a lot.

I really think this debate is silly though. Aside from being skinny, athletic, and black, these guys are totally different players. I did have Griffin rated higher though.

RGIII beat Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas Tech and Washington. When was the last time a Baylor team did that in one season? RGIII stats back that up. TB can't really say he's ever had that kind of year against that kind of competition.
Agreed, few things on MB irritate me but when someone uses one set of criteria to support their position of a player then changes to discredit another player it does make my teeth grit.

An example would be to complain about Derek Newton but not compare him to Duane Brown same year of career. I believe fair evaluations should always be done based on known evidence not just "I like him so he has to be good."

RGIII also had quite a few more future NFL players on his squad. And by quite a few I mean a lot.

I really think this debate is silly though. Aside from being skinny, athletic, and black, these guys are totally different players. I did have Griffin rated higher though.
Based on what? See that's my point, you watched both and made allowances for other players, competition, etc. You made a fair evaluation based on totality of factors. We agree on this player but I am cool even if we disagree because of the format of evaluation used. Stats are not everything nor is the 40 time but all are tools.

Neither did Joe Flacco - last years Super Bowl MVP and now $100 Million Dollar Man.

Art Briles' led Baylor beat the hell out of all those teams this year too that were on their schedule.

in 2011 RG3 also got beat by 6 loss A&M, the 2 other losses were good teams though.

Back