Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Teddy Bridgewater

The chances that Bridgewater becomes the next Brees is not better than the chances that Fitz becomes the next Gannon + Mallet becomes the next Brady + Savage becomes the next Romo.

Especially if Bridgewater doesn't meet whatever criteria OB is looking for.
Who the hell cares what criteria OB looks for!! If BOB picks the wrong qb, the criteria dont mean squat!! A great qb will look good in any system with any coach. Stop talking about Bob criteria like he has had any success beside brady which brady made him not the other way around.

And we will see, i will definitely bring this thread up many times in the future because the eye test looks great on Teddy in college and in the nfl so far.

Last edited:
Bridgewater definitely looked good, but let's wait until he plays against a real defense. The Falcons hardly qualify. Hopefully his ankle injury is not serious. Imagine if he misses time because they ran a QB run from the 1-yard line in a game where their 2 RB's had combined for 200+ rushing yards.

Who the hell cares what criteria OB looks for!! If BOB picks the wrong qb, the criteria dont mean squat!! A great qb will look good in any system with any coach. Stop talking about Bob criteria like he has had any success beside brady which brady made him not the other way around.

Who cares about Brady? I don't care if our headcoach is Wade Phillips. If he didn't want Bridgewater, I don't want Bridgewater.

I can't think of two coaches who won a Super Bowl with a QB he didn't think was special. There's Brian Billick with Trent Dilfer & that's it.

And we will see, i will definitely bring this thread up many times in the future because the eye test looks great on Teddy in college and in the nfl so far.

If we're winning, it doesn't matter.

Bridgewater definitely looked good, but let's wait until he plays against a real defense. The Falcons hardly qualify. Hopefully his ankle injury is not serious. Imagine if he misses time because they ran a QB run from the 1-yard line in a game where their 2 RB's had combined for 200+ rushing yards.

It would be really odd because it was his slight frame that worried a lot of people.

Who cares about Brady? I don't care if our headcoach is Wade Phillips. If he didn't want Bridgewater, I don't want Bridgewater.

I can't think of two coaches who won a Super Bowl with a QB he didn't think was special. There's Brian Billick with Trent Dilfer & that's it.

If we're winning, it doesn't matter.
Well, you are definitely a sheep. "WHOEVER THE COACH PICKS AS OUR QB, IS THE BEST QB THAT WAS AVAILABLE". "Lalalala.. i dont hear anything."

Well, you are definitely a sheep. "WHOEVER THE COACH PICKS AS OUR QB, IS THE BEST QB THAT WAS AVAILABLE". "Lalalala.. i dont hear anything."

Definitely not at all what I said.

I think Peyton Manning is the best QB to ever play the game. Kubiak wasn't interested. Had we won a Super Bowl with Schaub, I couldn't care less. Kubiak got fired, not because he was wrong about how great Peyton Manning is, but because he couldn't win with Schaub.

Would we have won more games with Peyton... maybe. Most likely still not make it past the divisional play off round & we'd still hate Kubiak.

Who do you think will win more games this year, Minnesota or us?

Who has the best overall talent? Who has the best defensive player in the league? Who lost the best rb in the nfl to child abuse charges?

And I think both will finish close to 8-8. Does that say much?

That makes no sense, because if teddy, who i wanted badly, becomes the next drew brees, i guarantee you that bob will and should be held to the fire for not considering Teddy when the Texans NEEDED A QB BADLY. Coaches get fired for decisions like that all the damn time.

There are still a lot of "if"s in there. One of the knocks on him was his lack of size and whether that would have an impact on his durability.

He's got a long way to go to be the next Drew Brees. He might make it but he might not.

There are still a lot of "if"s in there. One of the knocks on him was his lack of size and whether that would have an impact on his durability.

He's got a long way to go to be the next Drew Brees. He might make it but he might not.

Yeah I know. Probably wont be the next great qb, but i wish he was on our team, thats for sure.

He went 19 of 30 for 317 yards and scrambled 13 yards for a touchdown not bad for his first game. Both he and Carr suffered ankle sprains all depends now on what the MRI says.

It does matter when everything materializes and the chances that fitz becomes the next gannon are slim and none and the chance is much greater that Teddy becomes the next drew brees. The law of averages are not on your side and you know it.
I wouldn't spout the law of averages when talking about QB success.

Definitely not at all what I said.

I think Peyton Manning is the best QB to ever play the game. Kubiak wasn't interested. Had we won a Super Bowl with Schaub, I couldn't care less. Kubiak got fired, not because he was wrong about how great Peyton Manning is, but because he couldn't win with Schaub.

Would we have won more games with Peyton... maybe. Most likely still not make it past the divisional play off round & we'd still hate Kubiak.
Just goes to prove that sometimes the coach doesn't know what's good for him. (and why you need a competent GM)

As much as coaches love to talk about a guy's physical attributes in the scouting process, the qb position is played from the neck up...You simply can't put a premium on that. Teddy was my favorite qb b/c his greatest attributes were all from the neck up.

Seeing what he did yesterday wasn't a surpirse to me...He reminds me so much of Russell Wilson from my evaluation standpoint. The poise and maturity were just off the charts for both these guys....and you could see that in their games. No situation was too big for them.

I dont understand why people are upset here. We have no idea just how good Clowney, Bortles, Bridgewater or Xavier will be.

You still don't like that we passed on Bridgewater (who I wanted at the top of the 2nd) for Xavier? We have a center playing LG! Xavier can also play tackle. Just think about that. If Jones, Brown or Newton go down, you will be glad we have depth at the position and not just another scrub filling in. We draft a skill player and people ***** about needing to build in the trenches. We draft a lineman and people ***** about not getting a skill player. I guess its the way NFL fandom goes.

Calling Clowney injury prone? You jump as high as you can in the air, come down in a hole and then tell me how healthy your knees are.

I dont understand why people are upset here. We have no idea just how good Clowney, Bortles, Bridgewater or Xavier will be.

You still don't like that we passed on Bridgewater (who I wanted at the top of the 2nd) for Xavier? We have a center playing LG! Xavier can also play tackle. Just think about that. If Jones, Brown or Newton go down, you will be glad we have depth at the position and not just another scrub filling in. We draft a skill player and people ***** about needing to build in the trenches. We draft a lineman and people ***** about not getting a skill player. I guess its the way NFL fandom goes.

Calling Clowney injury prone? You jump as high as you can in the air, come down in a hole and then tell me how healthy your knees are.

lol, accurate synopsis.

Also something to think about, this is O'Brian's first NFL head coaching position so he comes into Houston as somewhat more pliable than otherwise, deferring to Rick Smith & scouting department. In regards to QB position I think he'll be much more assertive in 2015 & identify someone to bring in as "his franchise guy".

No we don't, but if all perform equally well, the effect they have on overall team perfromance usually goes QB, QB, OLB, OL

Apples/Oranges

Teddy Ballgame. Doing what he does. Wins with his head. Always good with the ball, LEADER.

So, after going back and looking tape of the big 4 (I guess Carr is one of them now) - I really don`t understand how Bridgewaters stock is dropping.

He is by far the most accurate of the class for throws 0-20 yards - and his arm strength isn`t an issue here either, when he needs to, he adss real zip to the ball and throws to a tight window. He also does the fewest mental mistakes. All of the other QBs have a regular wtf throw in between. Teddy didn`t (at least not on the tape I watched). He also is the best at avoiding pressure while still looking downfield. Manziel might be better overall at avoiding pressure, but he either takes off himself or he throws one up for grabs to Evans (seriously, how good is Evans? Could be a 15-20TDs guy in the NFL).

Sure, there are questionmarks around him. When you select a QB #1 you want him to be able to do all the throws. Teddy can`t. His deep ball seriously lacks accuracy. The good thing is: he doesn`t throw deep balls up for grab, he consistently throws it to a space, where the defende doesn`t have a change to make a play. But he regularly overthrows his receiver. I think that is coachable. And his throwing motion isn`t always perfect, it seems like he sidearms some of his throws. Again, this is coachable.

I think all his shortcomings are coachable (besides his frame and size). And I think he excells at everything else. He is the most accurate thrower, that can handle pressure, rarely does mistakes and plays his best, when the big lights are on. I would bet, that he turns into a top 15 QB in the league. I´d be ecsatic if he falls to us in the 2nd round, but right now I am convinced, that some team in the top 10 will take him. He is just too good.

What could've been... Smith should listen to me :kitten:

Vikings had Manziel at top of QB board, just ahead of Teddy. Weren't going to offer enough to move up for him when they could get Teddy.
Better to be lucky than good comes to mind.

Yep, and I think McNair sent the Lions a fully smoked steer

From what we know/can reasonably infer, the two greatest Texans were 3rd in line. Head's up it appears the Texans (not going to get into who) would have taken Charles Rogers and Willis McGahee (pre bowl injury) over AJ and Patrick Peterson or Aldon Smith over JJ.

So what lessons do we take from that? - take players whose nickname ends in J?

From what we know/can reasonably infer, the two greatest Texans were 3rd in line. Head's up it appears the Texans (not going to get into who) would have taken Charles Rogers and Willis McGahee (pre bowl injury) over AJ and Patrick Peterson or Aldon Smith over JJ.

Texans have a patron saint looking over them? We ain't had the best and brightest in the front office?

Or as Lucky put it, simply because we've been luckier than good

T.J. Clemmings
Kevin Johnson
P.J. Williams
Duke Johnson
Jay Ajayi
A.J. McCann
T.J. Yeldon
Byron Jones
David Johnson
B.J. Finney

Alright Rick, go get 'em!

Back