Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official Brock Osweiler MVP Watch Thread!

Osweiler is a back up QB who's been given the shot and reminded everyone why he's a backup.

All of you hanging on to that hope are gluttons for punishment. Don't do that to yourself. Trust your eyes.

Sooner we can get this dude off the team the better. I personally wouldn't even want him as a backup.

OBrien, Godsey and the QB coach all had input into improving Os and IMO we saw little change. I don't see that another TC will help. He has to be on roster if we want his cap to be $19 rather than $25 million. What in the off season will improve his confidence?

As much as I am down on his accuracy issues, He still has a chance to get better.
He is smart and a hard worker and I am sure he will be aware of his issues and I bet he goes to QB gurus in the offseason to attempt to rectify them. Smart, hardworking people do get better.
If he and Savage are even in the preseason kerfuffle, I think he may get the nod simply on his command of the calls and the line. And that he cost a lot of damn money.
His line will get an upgrade in the offseason as will his running game and his receivers also will be better versed and prepared for the new season so he will have no excuses.
I fully expect he will be a much improved player.

Last edited:
OBrien, Godsey and the QB coach all had input into improving Os and IMO we saw little change. I don't see that another TC will help. He has to be on roster if we want his cap to be $19 rather than $25 million. What in the off season will improve his confidence?

Honestly I saw enough to understand if the Texans still believe he is their guy. I saw a guy who threw four TD passes against the #1 scoring defense in the divisional round.

That doesn't mean I think he'll be special. Like I said in another thread, I doubt he'll play well enough that he'll earn the third year of his contract.

At the same time I think he'll play well enough for us to get into the playoffs regardless how many games we need to win.

Honestly I saw enough to understand if the Texans still believe he is their guy. I saw a guy who threw four TD passes against the #1 scoring defense in the divisional round.

That doesn't mean I think he'll be special. Like I said in another thread, I doubt he'll play well enough that he'll earn the third year of his contract.

At the same time I think he'll play well enough for us to get into the playoffs regardless how many games we need to win.
I would hope he could lead team to playoffs but I highly doubt that even with improved Oline and better rapport with Hopkins. We agree that he doesn't have to be special but he is a long way off from JAG IMO.

I'll take the bait -- Fido's td, Fuller's dropped td and what are the other 2 dropped td passes I'm forgetting? I remember the 3 interceptions fairly well.

Fido along the left side of the end zone.

Fido in the back of the end zone

Fuller on the right side line

Fuller deep middle

The second & third were on the same possession so only one would have counted if caught.

Fuller deep middle

The second & third were on the same possession so only one would have counted if caught.
Who can blame me? It's easy to forget anything he does well. :)

Fuller deep middle

Brock missed a ton of throws in that game.

1st possession: Didn't see a wide open crosser that was right in his line of sight on 3rd and 4 that would have resulted in a first down, he got sacked instead. Punt.

Pats 3 and out.

2nd possession: Missed wide open Fuller on in route on 2nd and 8, threw it far outside of Fuller, forced into a 3rd and 8 because of inaccuracy on easy throw. Punt.

Pats score on 3 plays.

3rd possession: Takes sack on 2nd down, TE on a quick stop and check down RB were wide open. Throws quick 5 yard route on 3rd and 18, but personal foul on defense gives 1st down. Makes throw of 5 yards on 2nd and 5 to wide open Miller on bend route. Makes 4 yard throw over the middle to Grimes on 3rd and 3. On 1st and 10, makes 5 yard throw to wide open Fiedo on stop route over middle, Fiedo runs for 4 more. Throws deep left to a Fiedo in corner end zone but a tad too far. Fiedo probably should have caught it, but he was matched up on a corner, so he probably didn't expect to have to lay out. By the time he turned around to out jump the corner, which I'm sure is the plan here rather than asking Fiedo to beat the corner to the back of the end zone, he had to make a move to separate from the corner and just couldn't get to the ball in time. On 3rd and 6, the next play, Osweiler throws a quick flare pass right into coverage and Miller has zero chance to get the first down. Field goal.

Pats return kickoff for TD.

4th possession: Passes for no gain on 3rd and 1, yet Griffin is running wide open on a delayed crossing pattern. That would have been a first down plus some. Griffin even waived his arms and jumped in the air to make himself more visible. Punt.

Pats throw INT and Texans take over at the Pats 27.

5th possession: Completes quick to Fuller on 7 yard stop along left sideline. Throws left end zone behind Fiedo, who was open, and Fiedo plays defense on McCourty, who would have intercepted it (also holding on Chris Clark). This is one of the plays that TK says is a dropped TD. This is actually a TE who gets open on a pro bowl safety in the end zone, but the throw is not accurate. Kind of funny that this is considered by TK to be a drop. I guess even if Brock makes that throw and it's a TD, it doesn't matter because of Clark. 2nd and 16, throws to end zone along right sideline to Fuller, but it was a bit too far. Looked like Fuller just didn't get there fast enough and Brock didn't want to give corner a shot at it. Not a bad throw really, it was only that the timing was off. I'd probably put that on Fuller, he was a bit slow out of his double move and the coverage was good. However, that throw on 2nd and 16 doesn't leave much for 3rd down. This is the other play that TK thinks is a drop. I have no idea what he's seeing, this type of play happens multiple times in most games, atleast by other teams, and isn't at all a drop. Screen to Hunt on 3rd and 16 nets 13. Field goal.

Pats fumble KO return, Texans take over at Pats 12.

6th possession: Fake reverse leaves Fiedo wide open in right side of end zone and Brock throws an easy to catch touch pass for TD.

7th possession: Misses wide open Miller on flat route on 1st down, ball thrown inside and into ground, would have been 3 yards easy. On 3rd and 5, throws over middle to Hopkins, who was blanketed on an in route, and the interception was dropped. Punt.

8th possession: On 3rd and 3, doesn't see Mumphrey on a crosser, though he was only open briefly, instead throws over right middle to Anderson, who was triple covered and Ninkovich knocks it away. Lucky to not have been an interception. Punt.

Halftime.

9th possession: On 1st and 10, Texans are running a play action throw back to the RB Miller. He's open, but Osweiler takes far too long to throw it to him, then is pressured and can't make the throw, as it bounces short of Miller. An accurate late throw at worst gets atleast 1 or 2 yards, earlier and it's probably 4 or 5 atleast. As an aside, Mancz is run blocking well on this possession. 3rd and 3, A gap blitz kills the play and Osweiler has the ball tipped by the same blitzer who runs free in his face. Punt.

10th possession: 1st play, playaction post to Hopkins, Brock throws it low and safely to Hopkins. Pretty much what you'd want your QB to do on this play, first down after 15ish. 2nd and 8, throws checkdown to Miller for 4. 3rd and 4, tries to throw to Hopkins, who was lined up as the slot, along sideline on a 15 yard out route and it's jumped by McCourty for an interception. Really poor throw, very slow windup, wasn't a particularly strong throw, which was needed and also it was high. Terrible.

11th possession: 1st and 10, Fiedo wide open on 9 yard curl and drops it. Perfect throw. 2nd and 10, Brock makes a nice throw to Hopkins on a 12 yard in route for a first down. 2nd and 10, complete to Miller on a 5 yard cut route. 3rd and 5, Brock calls timeout. Out of timeout, Brock avoids outside rush by dipping shoulder and then runs for 18. Penalty on next play gives Texans 15 and a first down. 2nd and 8, playaction where Brock drops way, way too far back and as you may suspect gets pressured by outside blindside rusher. Brock had a lot of space in front of him to step up in the pocket. Brock gets rid of it before sack. Illegal substitution on that play by Pats gives Texans first down. 3rd and 8, Brock makes perfect throw down deep middle to Fuller who straight up drops it. Best drive by Brock all game. Punt.

12th possession: 2nd and 8, Brock has wide open guys short on both sidelines and chooses Hopkins for 4 yards. 3rd and 4, Brock throws deep left to Griffin. The ball is thrown 10 yards ahead of Griffin and through the end zone. Give away play there, nothing good about it. Field goal.

13th possession: 1st play, Brock has plenty of time and throws high over the middle to an open Hopkins and it's tipped and intercepted. A throw into Hopkins chest is an easy catch.

14th possession: 2nd and 9, playaction and Brock is sacked after having plenty of time. On 3rd down, throws to Hopkins 5 yards short of the first down. Punt.

15th possession: 6:30 to go, down 18. 1st and 10 checkdown to Grimes is wide open, shocker, and he runs for 11. Next play, pass batted at Brock's hand, slow wind-up. 3rd and 5, throws to Fiedo on a 15 yard in, post, or slant (no replay and couldn't see) for first down. 1st and 10, throws swing to Grimes who runs for first down. 1st and 10, Brock scrambles for 3 (holding on Chris Clark). 4 minutes to go, ball at Pats 42. 1st and 20, screen to Grimes goes for 15. 2nd and 5, Brock throws down seem to Griffin who is well covered by Chung underneath and with another safety in deep zone over the top. The ball is not close and is thrown way high for an easy interception.

Ball game.

I don't see why you'd watch this game and come to the conclusion that you've seen enough in it to determine anything positive about Osweiler. Inconsistent accuracy, with reads, timing, awareness, everything really. If anything, most of his success is manufactured. People act like the play calling is terrible, but guys are open and first downs are there to be made. The team stayed ahead of the chains most of the time and the QB simply didn't come through. I'm not even watching the all 22. I'm sure he missed many more open receivers than I was able to see on the regular broadcast.

TLDR, I see one dropped TD. I see another manufactured TD on a fake reverse in which the TE is alone in the end zone by some 10 yards. This is also a 10 yard throw. My wife could make that throw. I see a ton of missed throws and missed reads.

Last edited:
I don't see why you'd watch this game and come to the conclusion that you've seen enough in it to determine anything positive about Osweiler.

I didn't say I saw anything positive about Osweiler, at least not in the way you seem to have taken it. I said I saw enough that I'd understand if the Texans still thought he was a good prospect.

& you're right, I didn't count the TD that was caught. So that's 5 TD passes against the #1 scoring defense.

So, you saw four dropped TDs and one completed TD and didn't see anything positive about it?

My point is that I'm not saying he's the man. You saw the same 5 TD passes & you didn't see anything positive about it at all.

If the Texans decide to stick with Osweiler, I'm good with it. I understand.

If the Texans decide to cut him, IR him, bench him for the entire year, I understand.

I've seen enough to support either course of action.

You didn't read any of my post if you think I saw 5 TD passes. If I had, it would be an incredible sign of positivity. Any reasonable person would deduce that.

I think you're just throwing stuff out there to create conversation and again be contrarian. Except this time, it's based on something that is actually verifiable. You don't make any sense in your argument. Classic case of you wanting to be different, but yet don't want to go all-in on it because you know it's contrived.

So, you saw four dropped TDs and one completed TD and didn't see anything positive about it?

4+1=5

You didn't read any of my post if you think I saw 5 TD passes. If I had, it would be an incredible sign of positivity. Any reasonable person would deduce that.

Maybe you're confusing TDs with TD passes.

I think you're just throwing stuff out there to create conversation and again be contrarian. Except this time, it's based on something that is actually verifiable. You don't make any sense in your argument. Classic case of you wanting to be different, but yet don't want to go all-in on it because you know it's contrived.

Contrarian?

I don't care what they do with Osweiler. I don't care what they do with Savage. I don't care what they do with Weeden. I don't think I'm being contrarian in this regard.

I'd like for them to take one of them & start him in 2017.

I'd like for them to take a QB in the first two rounds of this draft.

As long as we're in contention for the post season, whoever they decided to start should keep starting. Once it gets to highly unlikely we'll play in the post season, we should move on.

That's what I'm all in on.

I do not think Osweiler is garbage. I do not think Osweiler is special. I'll ride the fence there & see what happens.

I think you've figured it out! TK -- the contrarian with committal issues.

psi-co-therapy-using-psi-in-the-therapeutic-process-paranormalyte-A0q4tr-clipart.jpg

Reactions: ROO
I think you've figured it out! TK -- the contrarian with committal issues.

psi-co-therapy-using-psi-in-the-therapeutic-process-paranormalyte-A0q4tr-clipart.jpg

Been that way for years, except it's not really about commitment, it's about being different. He's like a troll except he doesn't do it all the time, only when he's bored (I guess). He creates an extremely unpopular and difficult position when the board is strongly on one side of something, then argues it incessantly, talks in circles, until the other person just gives up. See above where a simple question is met with a math equation dripping with troll. Or he says "you saw the same 5 TD passes," then in the next post says "you're confusing TDs with TD passes." I'm not sure it's even intended to make sense.

I don't dislike him personally, actually he seems like a good guy, but his consistent need to do this is odd.

Been that way for years, except it's not really about commitment, it's about being different. He's like a troll except he doesn't do it all the time, only when he's bored (I guess). He creates an extremely unpopular and difficult position when the board is strongly on one side of something, then argues it incessantly, talks in circles, until the other person just gives up. See above where a simple question is met with a math equation dripping with troll. Or he says "you saw the same 5 TD passes," then in the next post says "you're confusing TDs with TD passes." I'm not sure it's even intended to make sense.

I don't dislike him personally, actually he seems like a good guy, but his consistent need to do this is odd.
Bad joke on my end -- TK's the best in my book. He'll talk football w/ us rookies just like the old timers, makes great points and has a good sense of humor (it's why I felt comfortable posting the joke even though I may have gone overboard). I don't always see eye to eye w/ him like you but he's a huge part of what makes this message board work.

Bad joke on my end -- TK's the best in my book. He'll talk football w/ us rookies just like the old timers, makes great points and has a good sense of humor (it's why I felt comfortable posting the joke even though I may have gone overboard). I don't always see eye to eye w/ him like you but he's a huge part of what makes this message board work.
I have had this stinky suspicion for a long time now; that TK has been working for McNair, Smith, or Hookem. :bat::boogereater::ahhaha:

Or maybe you're making too much out of a fan based message board? TK posts a lot of good stuff, just like you do. If you don't like what he posts on a subject, don't respond. Just my :twocents:

He creates an extremely unpopular and difficult position when the board is strongly on one side of something, then argues it incessantly, talks in circles, until the other person just gives up.

This is the post that started it all.

I'm not trying to create anything. By saying he threw what should have been four (5) TDs I'm not saying he's the bees knees. I'm just saying what I stated here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans still believe in Brock.

I never believed in Brock. I just hoped that he would be the catalyst to oust Rick, Bill, or both. If we start the season & Brock is not our starting QB, then we're screwed as that would mean firing Godsey somehow insulated Bill & Rick from Osweiler.

Two weeks ago, you had originally said that Brock only made 2 plays in that game: the 18 yard run and the Fiedo TD.

But Tome Brady made a lot of mistakes tonight & he is the greatest of all time (arguably). The biggest difference is that he also made big plays that helped his team.

Brock made two. The 18 yard run. & the TD pass Fuller dropped. Not enough.

Then, after a short time, you completely flipped that and said this:

But we're taking about a game where he should have had 4 TD passes against the #1 scoring defense.

You actually repeated this point many times and pointed to specific plays.

That initially got me thinking that maybe I just drank too much initially when watching the game and/or was so invested in the outcome that I wasn't seeing his performance with clear eyes. Maybe, you had rewatched it as I had intended to and found something there. I did not reply to that post.

Then you reiterated that stance here yesterday and even provided the plays in which you thought there were touchdown passes that "should have been."

Being that I had a long day, was wide awake, and felt it had been long enough to rewatch it with clear eyes, I did. I couldn't disagree more with what you said and determined that maybe one pass was subjective, the rest were pretty clear cut. I took it as another time in which you just threw something out there to start some conversation, especially considering it was in clear contrast to what you had said a short time before.

I made the point that I wasn't sure how you could watch the game and see anything real positive about Osweiler's prospects, because that is what I believe. You said you didn't say anything positive about Osweiler, yet you said he should have had 4 TDs(now 5 apparently). That doesn't make sense.

I asked for a clarification on how that would not positive, and then you replied with a 1+4=5 and that I was confusing TDs with TD passes. That doesn't make sense either, even if you didn't specifically say TD passes, but you did say "TD passes." That is enough to see that my intuition was correct and you were indeed trolling. I appreciate good posts and differing opinions, but if you can't explain your opinion during a discussion and start making sarcastic troll replies, it's pretty clear what your intention is.

You did give me extra reason to watch the game again, which I had intended to do, because I believe a playoff game against the Pats really shows where the team is at. So, I do appreciate that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max
We're still arguing about assheimer? He's a loser. Doesn't matter now how, or because of whom, we got him. The Texans can get past this, but not this coming season unless they are extremely lucky. Until our high priced interception machine is no longer on the roster, he's an albatross hanging around our necks.

I'm not trying to create anything. By saying he threw what should have been four (5) TDs I'm not saying he's the bees knees. I'm just saying what I stated here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans still believe in Brock.

I never believed in Brock. I just hoped that he would be the catalyst to oust Rick, Bill, or both. If we start the season & Brock is not our starting QB, then we're screwed as that would mean firing Godsey somehow insulated Bill & Rick from Osweiler.
Since two of those dropped TD passes were on the same drive, it's more about the number of dropped TD passes than the total amount of TD's that would've been thrown. Two of them were perfectly thrown passes (Fido left corner of the end zone and Fuller) and should've been 14 points. That's still reason for hope.

Where hope dwindles is that he threw 3 INT's and should've ended up throwing 4-5. That's inexcusable. Watching the all-22, he missed many very open receivers for good gains of 10+ yards. That gives me hope for the scheme but not for Os. The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope for him is that this was year one in this system and that he has an entire offseason to improve his craft and get his confidence back. He, along with every other QB on the roster, needs to spend that time with whoever the best QB whisperer is out there and fix that damned footwork and work on accuracy. He needs to get him some of those VR goggles Savage uses and work on his field vision, also. Maybe kidnap Kyle Shannahan or everyone who does anything at all for Tom Brady for a bit.

I've tried my best to find a video or a gif that shows the back to back plays to Fiedo and Fuller in the 1st quarter that were supposed drops or should be touchdowns, but I can't. If you do, post them, please.

Doc, any chance you can find a way to upload those on all-22? This was when it was 3-14 and after the Bouye interception.

I've tried my best to find a video or a gif that shows the back to back plays to Fiedo and Fuller in the 1st quarter that were supposed drops or should be touchdowns, but I can't. If you do, post them, please.

Doc, any chance you can find a way to upload those on all-22? This was when it was 3-14 and after the Bouye interception.
I'll try but I'm pretty computer illiterate. lol

I made the point that I wasn't sure how you could watch the game and see anything real positive about Osweiler's prospects, because that is what I believe. You said you didn't say anything positive about Osweiler, yet you said he should have had 4 TDs(now 5 apparently). That doesn't make sense.

I asked for a clarification on how that would not positive, and then you replied with a 1+4=5 and that I was confusing TDs with TD passes. That doesn't make sense either, even if you didn't specifically say TD passes, but you did say "TD passes."

Maybe we're arguing semantics. Maybe I'm using the wrong words.

I don't have a positive opinion of Brock Osweiler.

I didn't have a positive opinion of him before we signed him. Going back & watching his games in Denver the only thing I could come up with was that he made some big plays in big games. I don't think he's clutch but I could see if the Texans thought he was clutch.

Against the Patriots I could see the Texans thinking he was clutch because of the five balls he threw that should have been touchdowns, but four of them weren't.

That's all I'm saying. I have no feelings whatsoever about Brock. I just want the QB shuffle to be over.

Maybe we're arguing semantics. Maybe I'm using the wrong words.

I don't have a positive opinion of Brock Osweiler.

I didn't have a positive opinion of him before we signed him. Going back & watching his games in Denver the only thing I could come up with was that he made some big plays in big games. I don't think he's clutch but I could see if the Texans thought he was clutch.

Against the Patriots I could see the Texans thinking he was clutch because of the five balls he threw that should have been touchdowns, but four of them weren't.

That's all I'm saying. I have no feelings whatsoever about Brock. I just want the QB shuffle to be over.

I think we can all agree with that.

I don't think it was back to back. I think there was one play in between.

When you see it, you'll see it wasn't a perfect pass. When I first mentioned it, I stated as much. I still think it's a pass that should have been caught.

I hope Nuk doesn't share the same opinion as Chris Carter when he says it's not a matter of what Nuk needs to work on. In fact I feel comfortable that even though the play at QB limited his production, DeAndre understands it's about getting better every day.

The middle utensils you stop trying to get better is the minute the game starts passing you by.

But I get his point.

I don't know about "believe" in him, but with the money they have invested in him they're going to give him every chance possible.

Since two of those dropped TD passes were on the same drive, it's more about the number of dropped TD passes than the total amount of TD's that would've been thrown. Two of them were perfectly thrown passes (Fido left corner of the end zone and Fuller) and should've been 14 points. That's still reason for hope.

As I've said on numerous occasions, Brock can make the throws. The laser he threw to Fido against the Colts comes to mind. The Fuller dropped TD. If he couldn't make the throws he wouldn't be in the league. The problem is the consistency at which he makes them. Dropped passes or not, those great throws were few and far between, just good enough for him to be one of the worst QBs in football.

Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, they all deal with dropped passes. Davante Adams had as many drops as Fuller did. But Rodgers isn't out there having games where his Y/A is below 5. Hell, Rodgers has had only 5 such games in his entire career. Brock had 6 THIS year. And before you go off on me comparing Brock with Aaron Rodgers, Blake Bortles has just 7 games in his career with a Y/A less than 5. Again, Brock had 6 this season.

So having hope because there's throws we've seen him make, is one thing. Thinking he's going to build from that and be more consistent, not be late with the ball because of his long windup, lead receivers/throw them open, throw more than 5 yards downfield, that's entirely another thing altogether.

I hope this season was an aberration for Brock, and that a full year and a 2nd off-season and camp in the system will have him figuring things out, because I fear we're stuck with him because of the investment the Texans have in him. So I hope he's better so that the team has a better chance to win. Hoping that and actually believing it will come to fruition are 2 different things, because there's nothing I've seem from him, despite the throws he can occasionally make, that makes me think he'll work it out.

Ive seen far more missed passes due to accuracy, missed passes that shouldve been thrown but weren't because of bad field vision, and passes that shoulda been interceptions but werent.

And it's not even close.

Maybe oz and savage will get better. I doubt it and i want at least 1 more qb in the equation next season.

I don't know about "believe" in him, but with the money they have invested in him they're going to give him every chance possible.

As I've said on numerous occasions, Brock can make the throws. The laser he threw to Fido against the Colts comes to mind. The Fuller dropped TD. If he couldn't make the throws he wouldn't be in the league. The problem is the consistency at which he makes them. Dropped passes or not, those great throws were few and far between, just good enough for him to be one of the worst QBs in football.

Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, they all deal with dropped passes. Davante Adams had as many drops as Fuller did. But Rodgers isn't out there having games where his Y/A is below 5. Hell, Rodgers has had only 5 such games in his entire career. Brock had 6 THIS year. And before you go off on me comparing Brock with Aaron Rodgers, Blake Bortles has just 7 games in his career with a Y/A less than 5. Again, Brock had 6 this season.

So having hope because there's throws we've seen him make, is one thing. Thinking he's going to build from that and be more consistent, not be late with the ball because of his long windup, lead receivers/throw them open, throw more than 5 yards downfield, that's entirely another thing altogether.

I hope this season was an aberration for Brock, and that a full year and a 2nd off-season and camp in the system will have him figuring things out, because I fear we're stuck with him because of the investment the Texans have in him. So I hope he's better so that the team has a better chance to win. Hoping that and actually believing it will come to fruition are 2 different things, because there's nothing I've seem from him, despite the throws he can occasionally make, that makes me think he'll work it out.

Throwing for under 5yds per PA is not good

Throwing for under 5 yds per PA on 40 throws and throwing 3 ints is terrible.

I don't care if 10 TD's were dropped.

Reactions: JB

Deleting the rest of my post means that you're taking this out of context. The rest of my post:

Where hope dwindles is that he threw 3 INT's and should've ended up throwing 4-5. That's inexcusable. Watching the all-22, he missed many very open receivers for good gains of 10+ yards. That gives me hope for the scheme but not for Os. The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope for him is that this was year one in this system and that he has an entire offseason to improve his craft and get his confidence back. He, along with every other QB on the roster, needs to spend that time with whoever the best QB whisperer is out there and fix that damned footwork and work on accuracy. He needs to get him some of those VR goggles Savage uses and work on his field vision, also. Maybe kidnap Kyle Shannahan or everyone who does anything at all for Tom Brady for a bit.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of faith or hope in Os. A glimmer of hope is not saying that I think he has a good chance of being who the Texans, and I, thought he was going to be. It's more like trying to find the silver lining on a cloud with an F5 tornado in it. Remember, I'm on record for wanting him designated a June 1st cut.

Not disagreeing with anything you are saying here, other than the Bortles thing. I'm sure that you were going with the angle of him being a dumpster fire and even he doesn't do the 5YPA like Brock. But Bortles also has 10 career Pick-6's against 11 career wins. I'll take 5 YPA over that any day if I am choosing between the two.

Agree with you about YPA, but it happened 6 times last yr.

Only 2 times since 1950. Think about how bad that really is.

I agree it's bad. I don't agree, at least I'm not ready to pin it all on the QB. The offense, especially the passing offense had major issues... at QB, at OL, at WR, & obviously at OC.

Again, I am not saying Osweiler is good. I've said repeatedly that I don't believe he'll be able to play well enough to earn his spot on this team in 2018.

All the four possible, plus one TDs is the only reason I could see the Texans thinking there is still hope there.

Everything that TexansSeminole documented are the many reasons I could see the Texans making him a June 1st cut.

I agree it's bad. I don't agree, at least I'm not ready to pin it all on the QB. The offense, especially the passing offense had major issues... at QB, at OL, at WR, & obviously at OC.

Again, I am not saying Osweiler is good. I've said repeatedly that I don't believe he'll be able to play well enough to earn his spot on this team in 2018.

All the four possible, plus one TDs is the only reason I could see the Texans thinking there is still hope there.

Everything that TexansSeminole documented are the many reasons I could see the Texans making him a June 1st cut.

Os wasn't just bad he was historically bad. Think of all of the teams with bad OL/Wr/OC's since 1950 and Os did something 3 times as bad as any other team/QB since 1950 in only one season. We're talking 66 yrs here.

Where hope dwindles is that he threw 3 INT's and should've ended up throwing 4-5. That's inexcusable. Watching the all-22, he missed many very open receivers for good gains of 10+ yards.

Playing Devil's advocate. Tom Brady threw 2 INTs & there should have been 3-4.

Most people focus on the negative & I get it. But what separates Brady from the rest, are the plays he does make.

If we have a coach like Kubiak I doubt we'll see a 6th round pick develop the way Brady has. Brady was allowed to make plays, where I think Schaub was continuously instructed not to make mistakes.

As far as missing many WRs for big gains. Yes there is a lot of that, I'm not denying & never have. However, I feel that could very easily be part of learning this complicated offense at the QB position as well as receiver. If you watched the all 22, you'll notice he throws to the guy who gets open first. He's not passing up an open receiver. May be because he doesn't trust his protection.

If he were as athletic as Brian Hoyer, he could buy himself some time to allow a receiver to get open, but he's not. Play breaks down, he needs to be running for the sideline. He's a straight up Pocket Passer, much like Carr in that he's athletic enough to pick up a first down every now & then, but he's not going to buy time & create on his own.

Os wasn't just bad he was historically bad. Think of all of the teams with bad OL/Wr/OC's since 1950 and Os did something 3 times as bad as any other team/QB since 1950 in only one season. We're talking 66 yrs here.

Probably why they fired the OC. & may be the reason they cut Osweiler.

It's not anyone's way. It makes no sense cap wise.

Well, it makes sense if they strike out in FA and don't want to sign their own guys, or atleast their expensive guys. If they aren't going to use that $6m in 2017, it makes sense to take the hit then rather than in 2018. Far-fetched though.

In Savage's one start, he went for 6 YPA and before he got knocked out against the Titans he was at 3 YPA. Brock had 5 games during the season where he was at/below 5 YPA. Three were in blow out losses in the first half the of the season. The only other time he was below 5 YPA in the second half of the season were the two games against JAX. So basically one team. I think we are trying reeeeeeeally hard to make this out to be a bigger deal that it really is.

Back