Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All Encompassing Vick Thread

why did he kill your dog? Peta clowns kill dogs on a regular basis. What he did was not right but I just can't put dogs on the level with humans....thats why they are called dogs.

Why does it have to be my dog for me to think he is a scumbag?

Level with humans? Most humans are scumbags, I put animals above most of the people I've met.

Leonard little a one time offender..lol. He killed a human being. Little had many DUIs before he finally killed someone.

Sure he did. There is a reason when he was arrested in 2004 it was called the second arrest. Care to guess why?

FYI, Little was accused of speeding while DIU in 2004 when he was arrested. They never performed blood work, and therefore he ended up with a simple misdemeanor speeding ticket.

FYI, Little was accused of speeding while DIU in 2004 when he was arrested. They never performed blood work, and therefore he ended up with a simple misdemeanor speeding ticket.

He was charged with both speeding and DUI. They did not do blood work but testified to failed field sobriety tests. Both were tried and he was acquitted of DUI and found guilty of speeding. It was a felony prosecution as a potential repeat offender. Bottom line though is he is legally a one time DUI offender (and the only potential second offense was after not before the important one) so ubecool is off base.

He was charged with both speeding and DUI. They did not do blood work but testified to failed field sobriety tests. Both were tried and he was acquitted of DUI and found guilty of speeding. It was a felony prosecution as a potential repeat offender. Bottom line though is he is legally a one time DUI offender (and the only potential second offense was after not before the important one) so ubecool is off base.

And evidently was found to smell like a brewery. But, no doubt, he is, indeed, considered a one-time offender.

I know a couple of others have already touched on your post here, but it is such a horrible post on so many levels that I will reply as well.

Yes, dogs die everyday. So that makes it ok to kill them in your head?

You know, now that I think of it, people die everyday too. So the act of killing people might as well go unpunished because as Obsiwan so delicately put it, they die everyday.

And yes, nobody is going to track you down if you take your dog ALONE to the woods and shoot it. I would assume because nobody is there to see it, or knows about your dog... But lets see how long you stay out of jail if you just start blasting dogs in front of your neighbors.

You should probably stop posting in this thread because you are way off base here...

My point is that he didn't to jail time for killing those dogs. He did jail time for the illegal gambling and dog fighting operation.

And I don't recall reading or hearing where Vick and his "posse" strangled/killed those pit bulls in front of his neighbors either. Of course he would have been reported to the SPCA a lot sooner if he had; killing animals in public view - by any means - was a stupid thing to even think of - I'm trying understand why you would bring it up. Even Vick wasn't that stupid.

...and you might notice that no where in my post did I say that their chosen method for killing those dogs was right or even understandable to any "normal" person - meaning anyone who didn't grow up in that environment.

It was sadistic and wrong

...but that's not why he did time. The local yokels could have taken him down for killing those dogs using cruelty to animals statutes but they fumbled their investigation. It took the Feds to bring him down on that gambling operation.

This is completely backwards. Vick was not indicted or tried on any gambling charges. In fact, the gambling has not been addressed at all and leaves Goodell in a position to lifetime ban Vick from the NFL.

You're right.
I went back and re-read the indictment and it was not gambling, per se, but the dog-fighting operation that got Vick busted. Although there are paragraphs in the indictment that mention Vick getting paid, but it was for winning matches, not payoffs of bets. When I first read thru the indictment, back when, I took those paragraphs to refer to gambling. It seems like a play on words or whatever that if you win money because the dog you backed won, that's not technically betting. what the hell else is it?

And as far as him coming back, I think he should. There won't be anywhere he will play that he won't be hounded and harrassed. No matter how many "I'm sorry's" he sings, some folks will never let it go. He'll not know a moments peace.

I almost bumped this yesterday because of this article yesterday. This sentence for 15 months isn't too far below a certain someones who actually ran a multistate ring...of course it was federal time but it isn't like they are just slapping these guys wrists and decided Vick would be made an example. It is these stories that people miss and then say uninformed remarks defending Vick.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/6469169.html

A Houston man was sentenced to 15 months in jail for dogfighting after pleading guilty in state District Judge Mark Ellis’ court, according to court records.

Sterling Honoray Bates, 35, on Tuesday pleaded guilty to intentionally and knowingly causing a dog to fight. He was among 60 people accused of taking part in a sophisticated, lucrative dogfighting ring in November.

Bates also pleaded guilty to a Class A misdemeanor of attending a dog-fight as a spectator and received a 100-day jail term.

I almost bumped this yesterday because of this article yesterday. This sentence for 15 months isn't too far below a certain someones who actually ran a multistate ring...of course it was federal time but it isn't like they are just slapping these guys wrists and decided Vick would be made an example. It is these stories that people miss and then say uninformed remarks defending Vick.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/6469169.html

The above spectator status mandates a $4000 dollar fine on top of up to 1 year in jail.

Bates was a "participant" and spectator. The fines in each case were not mentioned (the fine for participation is dictated by the judge)..

But the fate of "ring leader" Donald Woods (Vick's counterpart) has not yet been determined. It will be interesting how this will compare to Vick's.

Well, he is still under suspension by the NFL, but he has been released by the Falcons after they were unable to trade him. Surely the NFL will release him from suspension at some point. But will it be prior to training camp this year?

I cannot imagine that the Texans will look at him. But maybe someone around here thinks otherwise. If not the Falcons or the Texans, then where does could he go? And, after all this time off, can he even play anymore?

Unable to make trade, Falcons cut Vick

ATLANTA -- Quarterback Michael Vick's time with the Atlanta Falcons is officially over.

Vick, who is serving the remainder of his prison sentence on dogfighting charges under house arrest in Virginia, was released by the team Friday.

"Michael remains suspended by the NFL," Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said in a statement. "However, in the event NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decides to reinstate Michael, we feel his best opportunity to re-engage his football career would be at another club.

"Our entire organization sincerely hopes that Michael will continue to focus his efforts making positive changes in his life and we wish him well in that regard."

The Falcons have been trying to trade Vick for months, but found no takers. Instead of holding onto him and hoping that someone would step forward with a trade, they chose to put the Vick era behind them.

Well, he is still under suspension by the NFL, but he has been released by the Falcons after they were unable to trade him. Surely the NFL will release him from suspension at some point. But will it be prior to training camp this year?

I cannot imagine that the Texans will look at him. But maybe someone around here thinks otherwise. If not the Falcons or the Texans, then where does could he go? And, after all this time off, can he even play anymore?

Rex Grossman>Mike Vick

Rex Grossman>Mike Vick

It seems that one by one, the teams that have been rumored to be interested in Vick, have recently put out official statements that they wish him good luck............"but not here."

Look to the USFL to use him as a "come on." If this happens and Vick fails, look at the USFL taking their first strike............and Vick his 3rd.

You know, I have been reminiscing the past. I remember when Casserly, Capers and fans were totally devastated when Vick decided to come out early so that he would avoid starting his career on the expansion team in Houston. Vick vs. Carr. Either way, a formula for extreme emotional trauma. Either way a Casserlesque-like outcome. With all the things we now complain about, we have to keep reminding ourselves of the blessings of being Casserley, Carr, and Vick FREE.

Dallas Cowboys would be my first guess.

2nd would either be the Raiders or the Bengals.

I could see Jerry thinking that Vick could be a sweet project though where he could take the credit for helping him turn around and get his career back on track.

You know, I have been reminiscing the past. I remember when Casserly, Capers and fans were totally devastated when Vick decided to come out early so that he would avoid starting his career on the expansion team in Houston. Vick vs. Carr. Either way, a formula for extreme emotional trauma. Either way a Casserlesque-like outcome. With all the things we now complain about, we have to keep reminding ourselves of the blessings of being Casserley, Carr, and Vick FREE.

Right on brother!:texflag:

HAMPTON, Va. — Suspended NFL star Michael Vick’s federal dogfighting sentence ended Monday, freeing him to lobby for a return to the field.

Vick’s attorney Lawrence Woodward told The Associated Press outside Vick’s suburban Virginia home that the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback had been released from federal custody as scheduled. That means Vick no longer has to wear the electronic monitor he’s had while under home confinement for the last two months of his 23-month sentence.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6537597.html
Here's hoping the Commish gives him the OK to play in the NFL again because
MV has already been persecuted far too much.

Personally I think Mike Vick should be allowed back in the NFL either this year, or next year. I believe that he has paid his debt to society, and all you can do is hope that he doesnt make the same mistake twice, while helping bring dog fighting to an end.

Now that the UFL has all but declared themselves an NFL "farm league," it will be more likely that Vick will be allowed to transition and "prove" himself within the UFL. (There will be loosened rules on the UFL releasing players to the NFL)

Report: Vick, Goodell conduct meeting in New Jersey

Former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday afternoon in Allendale, N.J., according to Don Banks of SI.com.

Per the report, the meeting was held at Buckley Peterson Global Inc, a security firm.

The meeting wrapped up around 4 p.m. EST when Vick and Goodell were both seen leaving the office, Banks reported.

The report didn't indicate what Vick's outlook for potential reinstatement is at this time.

"We've been consistent about that throughout this process," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told SI.com while not confirming or denying that the meeting took place. "We're not responding to any of the questions surrounding the review. Once a decision is made by the commissioner, then we'll make a statement
.''

Per the report, Goodell and Vick both appeared "rather somber," when departing the meeting, according to an "eyewitness."

Vick reportedly had a "huge entourage" with him.

Earlier today, former Falcons teammate Joe Horn expressed hope that Vick will be reinstated.

"Goodell is a hard, tough commissioner, and he should be," Horn told PFT. "He's taking a stance in the NFL that I think everybody respects. I hope the meeting will go well. I hope he'll see that Mike is sincere. I think he'll give him that second chance."

Sal Paolantonio and Chris Mortensen of ESPN are now reporting that Vick will be conditionally reinstated early next week, and he'll then be suspended four additional games.

Per the report, Goodell also is expected to warn Vick that any future problems will result in additional punishment. (We were going to say that Vick will be on a "tight leash," but we thought better of it. Oops.)

This means that Vick will be permitted to sign with a new team and participate in training camp and the preseason before sitting out the first quarter of the campaign.

Though it's not a home run for Vick, it's great news. Given his crimes and the fact that he previously lied to Commissioner Roger Goodell's face (and the rest of his body), Vick easily could have been suspended for most if not all of the 2009 season.

But public opinion has generally favored the notion that Vick should receive a second chance. The fact that an upstart pro football league would have been waiting with open arms to sign Vick likely didn't hurt matters, either.

Atlanta Journal Constitution

Can you say "trainwreck"? If confirmed, what a F'ing dope!

This won't help Dog-Boy's hopes for reinstatement.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:30 am EDT

Report: Vick spent his first night of freedom at a strip club

By MJD

Carrying out a time-honored tradition among ex-cons on their first day of freedom, Michael Vick reportedly spent his first evening as a free man knee-deep in strippers, alongside pal Allen Iverson.

The report comes from The Big Lead, who called the strip club and spoke to a DJ at a spot called Atlantis in Virginia Beach. From TBL:

After getting a tip from a reader Wednesday, and seeing this post at YBF saying the same thing, we called the club half a dozen times until we were able to get someone on the phone tonight around 10:15 pm. “Monday’s are crazy here, it’s amateur night, and it’s packed,” said the DJ, who did not to be quoted. He checked with a few of the dancers about whether or not Vick and Iverson were present Monday and said, “yup, both of them were here. It’s the first place I’d want to go as a free man, too.”

If true, this isn't something to be held against Vick. I know it doesn't sound good, and I'll grant you, other than an actual dogfight, a strip club's probably the easiest place for a recently-released guy to get in trouble.

But on the other hand, you know ... there are unclothed women in there. In the pen, it's nothing but the fellas. The day that a man who was locked up for two years cannot go out and pay to see some lady parts is the day I no longer want to call myself an American.

Going to a strip club is not illegal. It doesn't make anyone a bad person. Most people are not Pacman Jones, and can go to a strip club without having to seek legal counsel the next morning.

Most importantly, going to a strip club has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Michael Vick(notes) is truly remorseful about what he did. If Roger Goodell were to hold this against him, in my opinion, it would make Goodell not only unreasonable and unnecessarily hard on Vick, but also in violation of all sorts of man codes.

Update: Michael Vick has denied the report, saying he was out of town and that a strip club was "the last place on my mind".

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-his-first-night-of-freedom-at?urn=nfl,178262

Vick has been conditionally reinstated. Now, who's going to be the bonehead to sign him?

Vick can immediately participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games - if he can find a team that will sign him. A number of teams have already said they would not.

Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19).

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6549389.html

I hear some are upset about this I'm not because I know if he gets in trouble again he'll probably be out period.

This was the right thing to do. Think about it. Stallworth kills a guy. Drunk driving, runs him over dead. He received a four game suspension.

Vick led to dogs dying. Yes, its despicable, but we cant value their lives more than humans. He already served two seasons. He should be free to play.

That said, he is a terrible quarterback. Only a team that wants a wildcat player that will bring a major media frenzy will want him. Or a team can try to turn him into a slot receiver, much like the Steelers did with Randle El.

I'm no Vick fan but he served his time. Another 4 game suspension really wouldn't do much much more. I'm just really interested to see what team takes the chance and deals with the media **** storm that follows.

I agree that he paid his debt (albeit too light of a debt imo - but that's another subject). I also agree that its okay for him to be reinstated, but he really needs to watch his butt, because the "parole" system seems like its set up for the parolee to fail (as witnessed of someone I know).

If we had not already signed two backups, I would not have minded Vick as a backup for us. I think he goes to the Cowboys or New England as a backup. In other words, I have no idea.

When a physician is convicted of a felony, his medical license is revoked. When he is released from jail, no one takes away his right to make a living. But seldom will he ever be allowed to recover his medical license in order to practice medicine again...........maybe football, though.

When a physician is convicted of a felony, his medical license is revoked. When he is released from jail, no one takes away his right to make a living. But seldom will he ever be allowed to recover his medical license in order to practice medicine again...........maybe football, though.
That is true and something I would have never thought about.

I have been thinking about Vick's reinstatement all day and the conditions that have been placed on him and I have come around to the idea that I wish the Texans would think a little bit outside the box on this.

Yes, that means I am now in favor of the team approaching him and asking him if he'd be interested in a low risk, short term, "win-win" type of contract that could both help his image, his game, and his ability to earn again the type of fat contract he would like to get back to and needs in order to get out of debt.

Nobody thinks Vick is going to play QB in 2009. That is a simple fact.

Everyone thinks Vick needs to go to "the right situation".

The entire universe knows the Houston Texans to be an organization of do-gooding milkshake drinkers who love Jesus, donate their time to the community, and generally walk the line in all things. I'm only kind of mocking that image because it's nice to know we don't have a lot of ticking time bombs on our roster like some teams.

So why do I want to add Michael Vick to that dream scenario?

The thing is we are "the right situation" for Vick. Not as anything more than an emergency QB of course or a Wildcat QB but that's not the point here. The point is this:

We sign Vick for a very reasonable contract for a year with an option for a second. The option is only there because we expect to be able to trade Vick in 2010 for a pick or two. In 2009 Vick goes to camp with us as QB4 "Slash" and we find out what we have here. Is he still the threat on the ground he used to be? Can Gary Kubiak work with him and help him become a more complete QB? Can he still make the team and can he be the kind of productive citizen the NFL demands he become if he's going to play?

Nobody is going to give this man a pile of money after what he did without some evidence that he's sincere. What he needs is the Bob McNair stamp of moral approval and the Gary Kubiak "coach-em-up" QB program.

Make no mistake. First he has to still be who we all assume he still is. At the very least he needs to be a reasonable facsimilie of Michael Vick. Assuming that is the case then here we go.

In his first year here he makes the team as QB3/RB4. We're working on Rex Grossman as QB3 right now. I'd say it's a wash and if Vick can't move him out of the way then the experiment ends right there. No big deal and on our way we go.

During the season Kubiak works with him on his QB skills and we get him into games as possible. We get him work as often as possible. We might be able to move him for a pick by the trade deadline if things go perfectly. If we can't then we see if there's any interest after the season. If the experiment is going well then we consider picking up the option year to bring him back and try again the next year. The basis for wanting to pick him up is entirely to rebuild him. Kubiak has a project QB in camp every single year. It's either an undrafted free agent or a career backup or as we see this year with Grossman a scrap-heap project. Sage Rosenfels could have gotten us a 3rd round pick if we'd been smart enough to grab it when it was offered. If Vick is looking good after a season with us and stays on track what do you think he'd bring?

He needs this and we could definitely use another 1 or 2 in an upcoming draft.

I've come around to thinking this would be a very good idea with minimal risk. That's why I don't think it would ever occur to our team to even ask about it.

With all due respect, I would rather be eating popcorn watching the circus created by Vick playing on ANOTHER team than popping Zantac and washing it down with Maalox watching the same occuring in Houston.

nausea.jpg

I understand and agree that a certain degree of "circus" is going to be inevitable with the signing of Vick. I think there are a handful of teams where this would be relatively minimal and the Texans are among them. There aren't too many teams out there that are more low-key than Houston. Players don't say much of anything without a green light from the front office around here (for the most part).

I just think we're one of the places who could handle the initial storm and who could profit by rehabbing this guy and moving him later. Like I said though, this is so far beyond our owners ability to imagine that we'd never even consider it. To be honest I wonder if anyone will.

No.

Did I mention NO?

Let him take his circus somewhere else. We do not need to waste time with a mediocre quarterback.

Yes he can throw the ball downfeild with the flick of his wrist, but only if the receiver is all alone and can run to where he threw it.

Let Kubes spend his time with the QB's we already have.

Biggest problem I have with that scenario Herv is who do we cut to make Roster space for Vick as our fourth qb? I don't think Vick has the skills to replace Grossman as our third QB. I think this very well might be the first year where we will be pushing someone off the team who can make someone else's roster. Meaning, the last few roster spots will be a battle.

I jsut don't see him having a whole lot of value to anyone at the moment or even at the NFL trade deadline, which doesn't often see a lot of transactions. He got a big break in getting reinstated reguardless of the suspension, he's going to have a hard time convincing a team he can bring something substanial to their roster that will offset the circus that will follow.

With all due respect, I would rather be eating popcorn watching the circus created by Vick playing on ANOTHER team than popping Zantac and washing it down with Maalox watching the same occuring in Houston.

Agree. Besides Mike Vick has "Raiders" written all over him. Al Davis is so old and senile that he doesn't give a damn what the media thinks or if PETA has 1000 protesters outside the Stadium.

If I was Vick's agent the last place I would have him go is the Raiders due to image and the fact that PETA has a militia on the other side of the Bay.

:)
If I was Vick's agent the last place I would have him go is the Raiders due to image and the fact that PETA has a militia on the other side of the Bay.

Right! On the OTHER side of the Bay. If the Oakland side of the Bay doesn't want the SF side of the Bay there or heckling the quarterback, I would venture to say the protesters would exercise extreme caution.:thinking:

Biggest problem I have with that scenario Herv is who do we cut to make Roster space for Vick as our fourth qb? I don't think Vick has the skills to replace Grossman as our third QB. I think this very well might be the first year where we will be pushing someone off the team who can make someone else's roster. Meaning, the last few roster spots will be a battle.

I jsut don't see him having a whole lot of value to anyone at the moment or even at the NFL trade deadline, which doesn't often see a lot of transactions. He got a big break in getting reinstated reguardless of the suspension, he's going to have a hard time convincing a team he can bring something substanial to their roster that will offset the circus that will follow.

Like I said if he can't beat Grossman out for the third spot then the experiment ends right there. No hard feelings and good luck Michael.

If we carry 3 QB's (and I expect we will) then I'd basically invite him to compete for that third QB spot. That wasn't so hard now was it?

Granted right now nobody is beating down Michael Vick's door and that's also one of the main reasons his price stays nice and low. He's just trying to make a team and make himself a better person in the process. Get him in a couple of games in the Wildcat and give us just one incredible play (assuming of course that there's still something in there) and the suitors will appear. I don't have any doubt about that.

I'm for making the Texans better through any reasonable means and something like I described above is infinitely reasonable. We use him, he uses us, both parties win if all goes as planned. What's the potential risk? Where's the enormous downside? What's the point of having a team of angels led by a saint of an owner if he can't keep the ship righted while holding out a hand to help rehabilitate a great athelete who has stumbled? I bet there's not another owner in the NFL who could walk out in front of a podium and sell "We want to help Michael Vick return to being the man he was supposed to be while helping our team get better" like Bob McNair could.

If Al Davis does this then everyone has the exact same response. "Figures he'd end up in Oakland with all the other turds". If Jerry Jones does this then everyone knows that he's just the newest member of Jerry's circus and assumes he's going to pull a Pacman.

If Bob McNair does it the way he does everything else then he's a class act trying to reach a troubled young man before it's too late. (cue choir singing).

Where his athletic ability is concerned people have always been more than ready to believe that Vick was capable of amazing things. One or two plays showing showing the world that he still has the speed and instincts that they all covet and other GM's will start believing again. I doubt that Michael Vick will ever be more motivated to change than he is right now.

I understand and agree that a certain degree of "circus" is going to be inevitable with the signing of Vick. I think there are a handful of teams where this would be relatively minimal and the Texans are among them. There aren't too many teams out there that are more low-key than Houston. Players don't say much of anything without a green light from the front office around here (for the most part).

I just think we're one of the places who could handle the initial storm and who could profit by rehabbing this guy and moving him later. Like I said though, this is so far beyond our owners ability to imagine that we'd never even consider it. To be honest I wonder if anyone will.

The only way I'd support bringing in Vick is if we could somehow transplant Vick's athleticism and pure arm-strength into Schaub's body, thereby creating the best QB who ever lived. I know the Texas Medical Center is doing some pretty cutting-edge stuff, but I'm thinking we're a ways away from that.

While Kubiak has certainly mentored QBs with mobility--Elway and Plummer--Vick is completely different from anything he's worked with before. Not saying Kubes couldn't spruce him up for resale, but Vick needs a ton of work. His grasp of the position when he was playing was pretty tenuous, and he's spent the last two years in the clink. He would basically be a full-time project for Kubiak, and we have better things for him to do than a high-end QB flip.

Even if Kubiak does get him back to playing-caliber, he makes little sense as a backup for us. We'd basically have to run two completely-different offenses: one for Schaub/Orlovsky and one for Vick.

I don't begrudge Vick getting another chance. I also agree that Houston would be a good spot for him: far away from the dead-end "friends" that got him into so much trouble, working with an acknowledged QB guru and with a team that demands personal discipline from its players. It's just not the right move for us.

Your comparing apples to oranges....only similarity is that they are both fruits. WELCOME BACK VICK!:kingkong::splits:

Houston isn't a good destination for him. He needs to go to a team with a strong locker room & it's only 3 of those in the league (NE, Baltimore and Pitt). i'd absolutely hate to see Belichick & NE pick him up for the minimum just so they can add a wildcat package to that already ridiculous offense:mcnugget:.:brickwall:.

The Rams, Broncos & 9er's should all be considering bringing him in for a looksee or at least as a cheap back up option, mainly b/c they won't be competitive this year and they don't really have a qb that's any better than he is at this point.

The bengals, panthers Bucs should also look at him simply b/c palmer can't stay healthy & Delhomme is garbage and all the qb's up in TB amount to nothing. If he can come back even remotely close to what he was he's already better than anyone available. The Panther's in particular with that run game & stout defense are a real good destination for him b/c the fans are still in disbelief that Delhomme was resigned after his horrid playoff performance last year.

I don't care if he plays football or not, just hopefully not for the Texans. I don't like him because he fought dogs, and I'll never like him because of that, so as long as he's on another team for me to boo, I'm good with it. Let him play football if he can, you can bet on the fact there are far worse folks already in the NFL than Vick, so what's the point?

Just another reason to make a team think twice.

League clarifies Vick's in-season status

Quarterback Mike Vick, as we all know by now, has been conditionally reinstated.

But his status when the regular season begins (if he's on a team by then) had been unclear.

He'll be permitted to do everything but play in games, until Commissioner Roger Goodell clears Vick to do so. Previously, however, the question of whether he'd count toward the 53-man roster wasn't known.

According to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, the league sent a memo to all teams explaining Vick's status once the regular season begins.

He will count toward the 53-man roster if he participates in practice. Alternatively, he won't count against the 53-man roster if his team holds him out of practice, but otherwise permits him to attend meetings and engage in other activities.

Before any of that is relevant, however, Vick needs to find a team. For now, it's now clear when or if he will.

Back