Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All Encompassing Vick Thread

Just another reason to make a team think twice.

Ok, so basically he would be on the roster and occupy a roster spot but cannot play. I mean, a team HAS to have him practice or he will not be all that useful upon his return.

I think he may need to go to the USFL to knock off some rust before coming back to the NFL for the playoff push in November.

Report: Michael Vick to Eagles
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 13, 2009 8:32 PM ET
The speculation is over.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Thursday night on air that Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.

To paraphrase the fearless leader of PFT: Wow.

The deal was first reported, as best we can tell, by Dan Sileo of WDAE in Tampa. Buzz had been building about a possible deal with the Eagles for about an hour all over the internet before Mort came on the hour.

The destination is surprising on a number of levels.

First, there were multiple media reports that the Eagles weren't interested, including one by Mort himself. Our own Tom Curran had an Eagles source tell him as recently as Tuesday that the team wasn't interested in Vick.

But as Mr. Florio pointed out numerous times, Philadelphia's statements and whispers before the Vick signing are the least of their concerns now.

LINK

Mike, what are you thinking??

By USAToday Sports

Tony Dungy scolds Michael Vick for public alcohol consumption

Michael Vick's mentor, Tony Dungy, scolded the Eagles quarterback for drinking in public after the New York Post revealed he was drinking Grey Goose and pineapple juice in a Philadelphia airport bar.

"Michael, you can't do that," Dungy told Vick, via SI.com's Peter King.

Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko told the Philadelphia Inquirer that drinking alcohol is "not in conflict with terms of (Vick's) probation or reinstatement with the NFL."

More:
Tony Dungy scolds Michael Vick for public alcohol consumption

Mike, what are you thinking??
I think I can channel the thoughts now....

"After I drinks this, I'ma gonna find me some roosters, hell, people eat chickinz, we'll just fry em up after we're done....just don't feed the bones to the dog. You know that's bad for them".

carnac.jpg

After being in the pen I don't mind if the guy wants a cold one at home..but Mike, not in public at this time. Just go home, relax and have a drink around the pool while thanking the Lord you are getting paid again.

I think I can channel the thoughts now....

"After I drinks this, I'ma gonna find me some roosters, hell, people eat chickinz, we'll just fry em up after we're done....just don't feed the bones to the dog. You know that's bad for them".

carnac.jpg

The major problem is that he was drinking Grey Goose and pineapple juice , which is called a ......

Greyhound

Matt Schaub talks about Vick during his time with the Falcons.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/75141/index.html

Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub joined the show to discuss his relationship with Michael Vick and more.

Schaub said that he got along well with Vick in Atlanta. "It was a good relationship," Schaub said. "We really worked well together getting ready for games. ... He's such a great guy."

Dan asked Schaub if recent reports that Vick didn't work hard.

"There were definitely signs of that," Schaub said. "He's such a phenomenal athlete. No matter what happened on the field, he could always overcome it with his athleticism. That was always his fall-back."

Dan asked if that bothered Schaub when he was in Atlanta.

"Definitely," Schaub said. "It got to that point, in my second or third year, where guys took more notice of it. We were in a position to have a really successful season."

Schaub said that he wanted to say something as early as his first season, but at first, couldn't.

"When I was a rookie, I wasn't going to say anything," Schaub said. "I'm a rookie, what do I know?"

Later, Schaub said he tried to encourage Vick to stay a bit longer at practice and in the video room. But it didn't necessarily work. "You can only say so much to someone until a light clicks in their brain," Schaub said.

Schaub also commented on his former teammate Sage Rosenfels. Schaub said that Rosenfels will handle the Brett Favre situation very well in Minnesota.

The major problem is that he was drinking Grey Goose and pineapple juice , which is called a ......

Greyhound

Unfortunately a greyhound involves vodka and grapefruit juice. Add a salted rim and it's a Salty Dog. Funny if true though.

edit: from a quick google it doesn't appear that vodka+pineapple has a name yet. I humbly nominate the "Ron Mexico" for the new name.

Other ideas:

The Prison ***** (C'Mon it is a chick drink).
The Pit Bull
The Canine Killer

any others?

Last edited:
Unfortunately a greyhound involves vodka and grapefruit juice. Add a salted rim and it's a Salty Dog. Funny if true though.

edit: from a quick google it doesn't appear that vodka+pineapple has a name yet. I humbly nominate the "Ron Mexico" for the new name.

Other ideas:

The Pit Bull
The Canine Killer

any others?

the "Ookie Dokie"

the "Dawg Tamer"

??

Other ideas:

The Pit Bull
The Canine Killer

any others?

What the hell do I know I am a cheap drunk I drink beer. I heard several people when talking about this call it a greyhound.

Other ideas:

The Pit Bull
The Canine Killer

any others?

We're getting a little off topic here....buuuuut.

Grey Goose is such a smooth Vodka, to ruin it with pineapple juice is just sacrilege...it's just not needed, and shouldn't really be mixed with anything really.

As for jokey nicknames for a vodka-pineapple mix, I've no material there...

We're getting a little off topic here....buuuuut.

Grey Goose is such a smooth Vodka, to ruin it with pineapple juice is just sacrilege...it's just not needed, and shouldn't really be mixed with anything really.

As for jokey nicknames for a vodka-pineapple mix, I've no material there...

How's this for OT:

I completely agree that pineapple juice ruins a good vodka. I like Grey Goose, but there's several others I also find delicious. I love Tito's (a Texas vodka). Russian Standard might be the smoothest vodka I've ever tried and it's usually pretty cheap, as is Monopolowa (the best vodka for your money you can get here IMO). Finlandia is also good, and Ciroc or Roth are great. They are made from grapes and are much more lush and full on the tongue.

NEW YORK -- Michael Vick is back with Nike two years after the company severed ties over the quarterback's involvement in a dogfighting ring.
To Carter, Nike likely made a calculated business decision that the benefit of sales tied to Vick outweighed any potential public outrage.
Vick must still have some selling power if the company is getting behind him, he said. "Nobody understands their consumer and has their finger on the pulse of their consumer like Nike does."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4520896

Probably will do a PSA campaign(s). Until he actually does something on the field I do not see this being a lucrative deal.

Vick admits to laziness and complacency in Atlanta
There are a lot of Atlanta Falcons fans who still love Michael Vick(notes), and will always love Michael Vick. Why this is so, I'm not entirely sure, because it seems like with each passing day, Michael Vick makes a new effort to let the people at Atlanta know that he played them for chumps, every single step of the way.

First, while he was supposed to be saving the franchise and leading them to the promised land, he was also busy unleashing a holy war on the puppies of the area.

That's a crime, of course, and it cost him a good portion of his football career and ended his stay with the Falcons. If you want to stick by Vick's side through that, that's fine. I get it. He's a man, he made a mistake, and he deserves forgiveness. As long as he's dedicated to the home team, we can forgive a human foible and move on, right?

Well, what if, at the same time, he didn't give a damn about the home team, either?

Vick told 790 AM The Zone in Atlanta that while he played for the Falcons, he wasn't giving 100%. Now, I'm sure a lot of people already had a hunch that Vick didn't get the most out of his abilities, but hearing him admit is another thing. Vick openly admits that he wasn't anywhere near the quarterback he should have been. From AJC.com:

"There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level," Vick said. "I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough."

[...]

"Just imagine what I could have been doing if I really would have been applying myself. That's a regret I have."

Now, there are a real crimes, and there are crimes against sports. Obviously, real crimes are worse.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...iness-and-complacency-in-Atlan?urn=nfl,218771

I was once a big fan of Vick. His ability and athleticism and quickness was astounding. And then little by little his self confidence began to come over as smugness and his antics off the field began to reveal his true nature as a thug. It then became apparent to all who were paying attention that Vick was phoning it in on the field not giving it his all and yet and still he was the "hope" of the franchise until first the water bottle thing and then shortly thereafter flipping off the fans and then the whole dog thing came out. By then I couldn't stand to look at the guy and I began to root for the Falcons to lose every time they came on the field and usually they didn't disappoint me.

It's been a long healing process and the strong disgust and disapproval I came to feel for Vick turned to apathy and just being glad he's no longer a Falcon. I'll take Ryan any day over vick.

Now I think Vick just wants to put it all out there and admit not only his dog fighting/abuse crimes but make known his overall failure to take a great God given talent and do something productive with it and instead using all his celebrity athlete capital for selfish personal gain and squandering every iota of good will he had built up in this community. It's a part of the "cleansing" he must go through as a person first and as an athlete and role model for youth especially young blacks who can profit from his example and may choose a different path based on his experiences.

I think Mike is sincere and I wish him well in his endeavors whether he stays with Filthydelphia or goes elsewhere. It's been a learning experience for all.

I was once a big fan of Vick. His ability and athleticism and quickness was astounding. And then little by little his self confidence began to come over as smugness and his antics off the field began to reveal his true nature as a thug. It then became apparent to all who were paying attention that Vick was phoning it in on the field not giving it his all and yet and still he was the "hope" of the franchise until first the water bottle thing and then shortly thereafter flipping off the fans and then the whole dog thing came out. By then I couldn't stand to look at the guy and I began to root for the Falcons to lose every time they came on the field and usually they didn't disappoint me.

It's been a long healing process and the strong disgust and disapproval I came to feel for Vick turned to apathy and just being glad he's no longer a Falcon. I'll take Ryan any day over vick.

Now I think Vick just wants to put it all out there and admit not only his dog fighting/abuse crimes but make known his overall failure to take a great God given talent and do something productive with it and instead using all his celebrity athlete capital for selfish personal gain and squandering every iota of good will he had built up in this community. It's a part of the "cleansing" he must go through as a person first and as an athlete and role model for youth especially young blacks who can profit from his example and may choose a different path based on his experiences.

I think Mike is sincere and I wish him well in his endeavors whether he stays with Filthydelphia or goes elsewhere. It's been a learning experience for all.

I have been watching the Vick Project the last couple of weeks, and I believe that he is sincere in repentance for his past behavior, rebuilding his life and taking advantage, as he says, his last chance for an opportunity to play in the NFL. He has admitted to things that most don't even in the wake of what he has lost in the process, and IMO, that he has changed. First, in acknowledging that fighting animals for sport even though he had been exposed since a young child, was wrong and he regrets the active role he took. He could have easily blamed it on his cousins and friends.

Also, his acknowledgement of not been commited to his team as far as practice and being there for the over and beyond. If he had not been broken from initial arrogance, he could never admit fault as the team leader for not fulfilling that role.

I, too wish him well in his attempt to show that he is a changed individual first, and secondly making the most of his second chance opportunity in his career.

After saying all of this, I still don't appreciate the TD he passed in the Cowboys/Eagles game, but outside of playing us, good luck and I'm pulling for him to succeed.

I'm torn about Vick. On the one hand I cannot believe one person could be so cruel to hurt defenseless creatures but on the other he did his time and it's time to move pass all that.

I guess he's done with the Eagles. Will be conversation worthy to see who wants him.

From PFT.com

Eagles quarterback Mike Vick, who remains on federal probation following a two-year prison term for dogfighting, celebrated his 30th birthday with a party at a Virginia Beach club. And, apparently, one of the games was pin the tail on the donkey.

With bullets.

A shooting reportedly occurred as the club was closing. A fight broke out, and then someone whipped out the ultimate peacemaker.

One man was shot, per WTKR, which also cites unnamed sources in reporting that the shooting occurred at the party. The victim initially refused treatment but then went to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Really, really needs to consider who he hangs out with.

There have been talk up here in Philly that the Eagles would really like to bring back Jeff Garcia. to back up Kolb. This might move matters along.

From PFT.com

Really, really needs to consider who he hangs out with.

I'm sure the conditions of his Federal Probation prevent him from hanging out with his former Co-Defendants, such as the guy who was shot outside the Club. His conditions might prohibit him from hanging out in a bar period.

Not likely to be any sort of positive for Vick, whether he had ANYTHING to do with anything at it.

I'm sure the conditions of his Federal Probation prevent him from hanging out with his former Co-Defendants, such as the guy who was shot outside the Club. His conditions might prohibit him from hanging out in a bar period.

Most definitely a condition of his parole was to stay away from known felons. Obviously a co-defendant is a known felon. He could go back to jail over this although I doubt that happens.

I don't understand the Eagles' charity with this guy. Last year he was the highest paid 3rd string QB in the league by far, probably the highest paid non-starting QB in the league. Why isn't he playing for vet minimum?

That thought crossed my mind as well. That's a standard clause and usually not only co-defendants, but anyone who is a known felon. At least that's a stipulation in a person that I know closely's walking papers.

*edit*: Hadn't read Cak's post which makes mine redundant but emphasises the point. Would seem like Goodell would have to do something here?

Most definitely a condition of his parole was to stay away from known felons. Obviously a co-defendant is a known felon. He could go back to jail over this although I doubt that happens.

I don't understand the Eagles' charity with this guy. Last year he was the highest paid 3rd string QB in the league by far, probably the highest paid non-starting QB in the league. Why isn't he playing for vet minimum?

That thought crossed my mind as well. That's a standard clause and usually not only co-defendants, but anyone who is a known felon. At least that's a stipulation in a person that I know closely's walking papers.

*edit*: Hadn't read Cak's post which makes mine redundant but emphasises the point. Would seem like Goodell would have to do something here?

Vick's guest list calls his judgment into question

It's still not clear whether Michael Vick dog fighting co-defendant Quanis Phillips was an invited guest or a party crasher when he was shot outside Vick's birthday celebration last week. But people who have followed the chronicles of the Vick family will remember the name of one of the guests who definitely was invited: Delicia Cordon.

Cordon, for those who don't remember, was arrested along with Vick's brother, Marcus Vick, in 2008. In that incident, Marcus Vick was arrested for drunk driving and Cordon was charged with being drunk in public. Cordon was described by the Palm Beach Post at the time as "a deadbeat, according to court records [who] has six racy MySpace pages in her name."

Cordon's name appears on the invitation to Vick's party, alongside Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall (who says he wasn't there), Olympic 400-meter champion LaShawn Merritt, Colts safety Antoine Bethea, former NBA star Allen Iverson, rapper Pusha-T, a woman named Mia Michelle (who, like Cordon, has plenty of racy photos of her available online) and The De Creme Models.

Vick and Phillips are both forbidden, as a term of their probation, from associating with each other, and that means that unless they just happened to run into each other at the party by pure coincidence, they were violating their probation. When NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated Vick, he made a specific point of telling Vick to adhere to "limits on who you may associate with."

But even if the birthday party guest list doesn't draw the ire of Vick's probation officer, it still suggests that Vick just doesn't get it. Vick is showing -- at the very least -- poor judgment by publicly announcing that he's partying with a woman who has previously been arrested alongside his brother. (And a woman who seems to have a knack for causing headaches for NFL players -- she also once filed a lawsuit against Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown.)

Vick hosted a football camp last week and reportedly told the children who attended, "Pick and choose your friends carefully. You just can't put yourself in vulnerable situations."

It's long past time for Vick to take his own advice.

This is an excerpt from an ESPN piece that came out at the time of Vick's release from prison.
A positive drug test or any other violation of probation (failure to report or a late financial report) would result in a quick return to the penitentiary. The probation officer begins the process with a report to the prosecutors in Richmond who investigated and charged Vick. Vick would then be required to appear before Judge Hudson, the judge who forced him to wear a striped inmate uniform at his sentencing and then, relying on a positive drug test (marijuana), sentenced him to a term longer than the prosecutors recommended. It is the last place Vick wants to be. A charge of violating probation is difficult, if not impossible, to defend. Unlike a charge of a crime, the government is not required to prove the charge beyond a reasonable doubt. Prosecutors need to offer only a preponderance of the evidence, a showing that the violation alleged is more probably true than not true. Within the federal court system, violations of federal probation are frequent and costly. More than 40 percent of the prisoners arriving at federal prisons each month have been found guilty of a violation of probation.

Thus why people are quick to say that at some point, a person is just going to always be who they always have been.

Vick is not smart enough to understand long-term consequences. It escapes him, obviously, because he is keeping company with people he should have 500 miles away from him.

The thing here, as well, as that he doesn't want to become a hermit shut-in who keeps his old friends at arm's length. Because he's going to catch heat from family and friends for laying down like a dog and ridding them from his life. So there's a compelling desire to show that old Mike Vick is still a friend even though he can't engage in old ways.

Which then makes it a slippery slope. One false move, one bad snap-decision in a moment of weakness or emotional situation, and he could be done. Again.

This is why I wouldn't have him on my roster if I were owner or GM. The risk/reward ratio is not favorable to me.

I found a link to the official Michael Vick UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT Eastern District of Virginia Richmond Division Judgment in a Criminal Case and Restitution Judgment entered 09/18/08.

It confirms the terms of probation including, among other things :

the defendant shall not associate with any persons engaged in criminal activity and shall not associate with any person convicted of a felony, unless granted permission to do so by the probation officer

Another condition of probation from the above link, may prove interesting if Vick is lying about the guest list.:

the defendant shall answer truthfully all inquiries by the probation officer and follow the instructions of the probation officer

Back