Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Encompassing Vick Thread

Report: Marcus Vick could be involved in shooting

So I went on the Game 102.1 FM in Virginia Beach this afternoon to talk about Michael Vick. Before the segment was over, the hosts (Johnny D. and Bartley Barefoot) proceeded to break some news.

The radio station has sources that Marcus Vick, Michael's brother, was involved in the shooting that took place after Vick's 30th birthday party last Friday morning. It's uncertain what "involved" means here precisely. ESPN's Adam Schefter said earlier on Wednesday that he believes the shooter will turn himself in to authorities soon.

I was surprised initially to hear the Marcus Vick connection, and couched my response with a lot of "ifs" and "possiblys" regarding the situation. Barefoot had no such equivocation, saying his sources were sure Marcus Vick was involved.

We'll continue to track the story, as will a growing number of national sources. ESPN led their NFL coverage today on air and online with Michael Vick's timeline problem.

The longer this story drags on, the more uncomfortable it grows for Vick, not to mention the Eagles and Roger Goodell.

Vick could really use that shooter to come forward quickly.

Still conflicting reports of whose pie hit whose face.

Witness: Shooting Victim Threw Cake In Michael Vick's Face, Marcus Vick Became 'Very Agitated'

A witness at the shooting incident following Michael Vick's 30th birthday party told the NY Post that it all started when Quanis Phillips, a former co-defendant with Vick in the dog fighting case, showed up to the party.

Phillips, who is not allowed to associate with Vick, mingled as if he were an invited guest to the party until Michael and Marcus Vick spotted him and "told him to get lost", the NY Post reports.

This upset him and he slapped a piece of cake off of a woman's plate hitting Michael in the face with frosting.

"Michael didn't react. I was surprised," a witness at the bash said.

"But Marcus was the one who reacted. He had this I-can't-believe-this-just-happened, we've-been-disrespected look on his face. He was very agitated."

Phillips "left the party screaming" until shots were heard in the parking lot.

The NFL has said they're in the fact-gathering stage while police have said Michael Vick is not a suspect.

Hey Little Brother, go shoot that punk*** **** *****.

And by the way, isn't Marcus also a convicted Felon and can't legally possess a firearm?

The Guests for this event apparently came from the "Z List"

You would think so. Here is his bad conduct/criminal history. He was never convicted of a FELONY. The time he was arrested for gun charges, he ended up being found guilty only of BRANDISHING A FIREARM. He's already had a myriad of chances..........looks like it's genetic..............isn't it typical to look up to your big brother?

Citing new evidence, Virginia Beach police take new look at Vick after shooting

"Right now, we don't really have a title for him," police spokesman Adam Bernstein told the Daily News yesterday.

That's a clear departure from Friday's declaration.

Then, police said they had "no interest" in Vick after a shooting occurred outside of a bar/restaurant where Vick, a former Pro Bowl quarterback, had been celebrating his 30th birthday.

How much time elapsed between him leaving and the shooting early Friday morning, as well as more witness evidence, has changed that stance.

Now, investigators won't characterize Vick as a suspect, a person of interest or a witness, Bernstein said. They just want more time.

"We didn't know anything" when they were asked Friday morning about their interest in Vick's involvement in the shooting, Bernstein said.

"Since then, we have viewed this video. And more people have come forward, giving information," Bernstein said.

The Eagles owner may be under a great deal of pressure to part ways with Vick.

Phil Sheridan: Eagles must cut Vick if he lied

Last August, after the Eagles' shocking decision to sign the reinstated Vick, Lurie spoke with unprecedented candor and visible anguish during a news conference at the NovaCare Complex.

Lurie talked about his own disgust with Vick's crimes, about his misgivings when coach Andy Reid proposed signing the former Atlanta quarterback. He talked about sitting down with Vick and looking into his eyes for signs of remorse and "self-hatred" for his actions. He said it wouldn't be enough for Vick simply to refrain from causing trouble.

He had to do more. He had to be more.

"If I thought for one instance that this player would be disruptive or unable to be a good teammate and not become a role model, then there's no way I would have allowed this to happen," Lurie said. "If it becomes at all apparent that we are wrong, it won't take very long to make that change."

Reminiscent of Atlanta owner's past "talk" with Vick. At that time Vick did not find it difficult to lie to him and his team mates. How likely is it that history, as it very typically does, is again repeating itself.

Its our prisons' fault. Too much punishment and not enough rehabilitation. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it saddens me to see people squander a second chance. Sometimes I just think our brains simply become hard wired with what we know and do. Everything is an addiction of sorts.

Marcus Vick makes denial of his own

Marcus Vick thought he threw a successful 30th birthday party for his brother Mike. Then he stepped outside and found out that someone had been shot.

That's the story according to Marcus, who made an appearance Thursday on the "The 757 Club" with Johnny D & Bartley on WXTG 102.1FM in Virginia Beach.

On Wednesday, Bartley reported that Marcus Vick was involved in the shooting. Vick seemed amazed by the accusation and denied it. He said he didn't leave the club until the party was over. "By the time I got outside, cops were there, with an ambulance and everything. . . . I didn't even know what had happened."

That account matches up with what a club spokesman said on Thursday and comes on the same day his brother Michael Vick released a statement denying any involvement.

Marcus Vick said he saw Quanis Phillips, Michael's former co-defendant and the man shot that night, enter the party earlier in the evening. And Phillips apparently stayed all night.

"I did see Phillips come through the door, but he didn't really catch my attention," Vick said. "I don't know where he went once he got into the club. So I don't really have any comments on that."

Vick said he heard rumors about the possible shooter and heard stories about Phillips' behavior. "A couple of the people I was talking to said he was intoxicated and high and drunk. So when people are in those kind of conditions, you never know what they are going to say to other folks in the area to cause a shooting," Vick said.

We're surprised that Marcus was so open on-air, and wasn't angrier at the hosts for saying he was involved. But Vick was aiming to clear his name after seeing our post on Wednesday, which passed along Bartley's report.

"I was just sitting down before y'all called," Vick told the hosts. "And my friend was reading something on sportstalkfootball, nflfootballtalk, protalk, something like that and people making comments I was involved in it, which is crazy."

I know I can't be the only one that sees anything strange about this statement.

Its our prisons' fault. Too much punishment and not enough rehabilitation. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it saddens me to see people squander a second chance. Sometimes I just think our brains simply become hard wired with what we know and do. Everything is an addiction of sorts.

Reading a book entitled "There Is A God" by Antony Flew, who was (for the majority of his life) one of the leading and most notorious atheists. He debated C.S. Lewis in the Socratic Club in England back in the late 1940s.

Flew, in the opening segments of the book (which details why he finally says he now believes that there is, indeed, a God) that researcher and analyst George Barna says our minds are pretty much "hard wired" by age 13. I have also read "First, Break All The Rules" which discusses research that indicates the same thing: Age 13 is when the synapsis in our brain begin to firm up and are not as open to learning new tricks, so to speak.

I think it's very possible that a person can, for lack of a better phrase, "screw themselves" by what they are exposed to and practice (at a personal "choice" level) in their youth. What's interesting is when you see people who experience that "Ah ha!" moment and invariably swerve out of the pattern of failure and somehow find a way to catch on to things. What made them finally realize that a change was needed?

How can Michael Vick be near this AT ALL? Does he feel he has a debt to pay to those "friends," and so he has attempted to justify/rationalize being near that whole social scene regardless of its potential for danger? This is like the pyromaniac who maintains he didn't think the house could catch on fire if he only used a small, itty-bitty smidge of gasoline when he lit the fire.

The Eagles should wise up and cut this guy. Cut your losses NOW. Because at some point, he's going to be gone anyways.

Reading a book entitled "There Is A God" by Antony Flew, who was (for the majority of his life) one of the leading and most notorious atheists. He debated C.S. Lewis in the Socratic Club in England back in the late 1940s.

Flew, in the opening segments of the book (which details why he finally says he now believes that there is, indeed, a God) that researcher and analyst George Barna says our minds are pretty much "hard wired" by age 13. I have also read "First, Break All The Rules" which discusses research that indicates the same thing: Age 13 is when the synapsis in our brain begin to firm up and are not as open to learning new tricks, so to speak.

I think it's very possible that a person can, for lack of a better phrase, "screw themselves" by what they are exposed to and practice (at a personal "choice" level) in their youth. What's interesting is when you see people who experience that "Ah ha!" moment and invariably swerve out of the pattern of failure and somehow find a way to catch on to things. What made them finally realize that a change was needed?

How can Michael Vick be near this AT ALL? Does he feel he has a debt to pay to those "friends," and so he has attempted to justify/rationalize being near that whole social scene regardless of its potential for danger? This is like the pyromaniac who maintains he didn't think the house could catch on fire if he only used a small, itty-bitty smidge of gasoline when he lit the fire.

The Eagles should wise up and cut this guy. Cut your losses NOW. Because at some point, he's going to be gone anyways.

GP,

Psychology and psychiatry has always intrigued me ever since med school. The one book that I have read numerous times because of its universal applications is FACING CODEPENDENCE by Pia Melody, which chronicles how our childhood experiences always mold our adulthood pathologic attitudes and ways [of course, it also shows us how we grew up with "normal" attributes]...........along with justification techniques such as minimization (as you exampled). It also points out how most people can avoid a shoot-yourself-in-the-foot adult life.........one most important..........find yourself someone(s) who you trust to set you straight when you're about to do wrong..........and ALWAYS listen to him(them)..........until the day you can begin making your own correct life decisions..........if that day ever comes. Of course, some never reach that ultimate transformation...........they are the sociopaths we always seem to hear about in the news.

Again, GP, over the years, I have given this book to many friends. EVERYONE that reads this laymen level written book will see themselves in its chapters, and will gain some introspect as to who they are and how they got there...........and rereads will always seem to afford insights that we previously missed.

GP,

Psychology and psychiatry has always intrigued me ever since med school. The one book that I have read numerous times because of its universal applications is FACING CODEPENDENCE by Pia Melody, which chronicles how our childhood experiences always mold our adulthood pathologic attitudes and ways [of course, it also shows us how we grew up with "normal" attributes]...........along with justification techniques such as minimization (as you exampled). It also points out how most people can avoid a shoot-yourself-in-the-foot adult life.........one most important..........find yourself someone(s) who you trust to set you straight when you're about to do wrong..........and ALWAYS listen to him(them)..........until the day you can begin making your own correct life decisions..........if that day ever comes. Of course, some never reach that ultimate transformation...........they are the sociopaths we always seem to hear about in the news.

Again, GP, over the years, I have given this book to many friends. EVERYONE that reads this laymen level written book will see themselves in its chapters, and will gain some introspect as to who they are and how they got there...........and rereads will always seem to afford insights that we previously missed.

Oh, I'm going to go purchase that book. Thanks for the post.

Sounds very interesting.

They already cut their losses. He plays in Washington now. This will haunt them for a long time.

But reading a big book like that will cut into my FF reading time.

LOL

It's actually not big textbook-like. It is relatively short and very readable........and, and as an extra perk, will probably offer insight into why you may have so much conflict over giving up some of your FF reading time.:D

Interesting pre-party piece:

Vick's July 4th Party

Michael didn't attend. He was roasting hotdogs in Virginia. He was probably handcuffed to the barbeque pit by his agent and PR people. But Marcus has not been able to afford an agent or PR person for quite some time, and so he attended, acting as the "token" Vick presence.

BTW, I got MY invitation. Did you get YOURS?
vickwhiteparty-232x300.jpg

I couldn't make it, though. In order to get in, you either had to show your invitation or a loaded gun. I lost my invitation......and I couldn't get the gun past the airport baggage check.

I smell a payoff....

No charges filed in shooting after Vick party

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — Police said Tuesday they know who was responsible for shooting another man following Michael Vick's birthday celebration, but the shooter will not be charged "at this time" because the victim has not cooperated with investigators.

Vick was not the shooter and there are no suspects other than the shooter, police spokesman Adam Bernstein said. The decision not to press charges was made by the prosecutor's office, but could be reversed if the victim decides to cooperate.

In a statement released Tuesday, police said witnesses have also been reluctant to help in the investigation of the shooting outside a nightclub just after 2 a.m. on June 25. The statement said because the shooter will not be charged, his identity will not be released.

The shooting took place about a block away from the club where a 30th birthday party for the Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback was ending. According to a spokesman for the nightclub, video surveillance cameras positioned in front of the club showed Vick climbing into a car and leaving about 4 minutes before the shooting.

The victim has not be identified by the police, but Vick's attorney, Larry Woodward, said it was Quanis Phillips — a co-defendant in the federal dogfighting case that landed Vick in federal prison. Phillips, who Woodward said was not invited to the party and did not interact with Vick while there, was treated at a hospital and released the following day.

Woodward did not return a phone call from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Vick has said he was not involved. In a statement to the AP on Thursday, Vick also said he notified the NFL and the Eagles once he was aware of what had taken place.

The team and league have said they are looking into the situation.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/no-charges-filed-in-565338.html

Vick and all his wannabe gangsta hangers on, need to go away

this guy has dragged the league through the dirt long enough
he is involved in all this beef as is his brother
he is obviously dumb as dirt for throwing such a party

the NFL is not a right, it's a privilege....Vick can go **** himself for all I care

From what I’ve learned, it seems that the “All White” parties were Marcus’ ideas. There’s a reason Marcus was settling up with Club Guadalajara while the shooting took place a couple of weeks ago. He was the one benefiting financially from the event.
Genetic selection:

Michael Vick was helping his little brother make a few dollars by allowing his name to be used for a few parties at some nightclubs in Virginia and Washington D.C..

Clearly Marcus wasn’t thinking about his brother’s best interest when he came up with the idea of having the parties. Foolishly Michael agreed to it and that decision may cost him millions. These parties have helped Marcus put a few dollars in his pocket but jeopardized millions that his brother could make playing football.

This is foolish. Vick’s association with his brother and friends from his childhood have done major damage to him, yet he refuses to say no and establish some separation.

LINK

Do you know about the controversy surrounding that book?

Oh, I am sure it's because his old colleagues say it was a deathbed type of conversion. Flew stated, in the book, that old colleagues would rip him to shreds for being an apostate to the atheist belief system. He said they would attack him for merely being an old man who would clutch to deism so near to his death.

Flew says he wants to follow the argument wherever it might lead, but obviously that's not OK if it leads to one of atheism's torch bearers practically going his own way instead of staying on the reservation, as well as continuing to follow the argument wherever it might lead.

We can go to the wikipedia page on Flew and examine the ever-shifting standing of Flew's belief(s) in atheism and deism. It points, IMO, to a man who is open to the idea of deism and who has even had the guts (in the face of being eviscerated by his "colleagues") to say he can see the possibility of a First Cause God.

My favorite parts of the book is what's said about Dawkins.

In regards to the "controversy" about authorship of the book:

A further article by Anthony Gottlieb noted a strong difference in style between the passages giving Flew's biography, and those laying out the case for a god, with the latter including Americanisms such as "beverages", "vacation" and "candy". He came to the same conclusion as Oppenheimer, and stated that "Far from strengthening the case for the existence of God, [the book] rather weakens the case for the existence of Antony Flew".[25] Varghese replied with a letter disputing this view.[26] Flew released a statement through his publisher stating that although Varghese did the actual writing, the book belonged to him and represented his thinking.[27] An audio commentary by William Lane Craig[28] concurs with this position, but Richard Carrier disputes this view.[31] In June 2008, Flew stated his position once again, in a letter to a fellow of the Universities and Colleges Christian Fellowship.[7]

Christian writer Regis Nicoll claims that "Moreover, in a signed, handwritten letter (a copy of which I now have) sent to Roy Varghese, the legendary philosopher reaffirmed his conversion while criticizing Oppenheimer for drawing attention away from the book’s central argument: the collapse of rationalism."[32] He argues that "Even Mark Oppenheimer described the ex-atheist “flaunt[ing] his allegiance to deism” in May 2006 to a Christian audience at Biola University."

Last edited:
We can go to the wikipedia page on Flew and examine the ever-shifting standing of Flew's belief(s) in atheism and deism. It points, IMO, to a man who is open to the idea of deism and who has even had the guts (in the face of being eviscerated by his "colleagues") to say he can see the possibility of a First Cause God.

I don't think there is any real question about his conversion to the idea of deism. I think there is a significant question as to how much of the book was written by his co-author.

More facts are coming out........and it points to Michael Vick showing as good judgement as he has always in the past. He should thank the Lord that someone(s) took out the "hook" and saved him from himself. I suspect that given time all the facts surrounding this shooting will reveal themselves.

CA: Vick had confrontation minutes before shooting
Confrontation involved shouting, words, bumping

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - Last week, surveillance footage showed that Michael Vick had left the scene of his 30th birthday party before the shooting at the Virginia Beach Town Center took place.

Two days later, police said that no one--not even Vick--had been ruled out as a suspect in that shooting.

Tuesday, police alerted media outlets that they had found a suspect in the shooting, and confirmed that other possible suspects--including Vick--had been ruled out.

But Wednesday, Commonwealth's Attorney Harvey L. Bryant revealed that Vick had been engaged in a confrontation minutes before the shots were fired.

"The investigation shows he was not physically present when the shooting took place," said Bryant. "There were some confrontations between individuals and between groups and Michael Vick was involved in one of those confrontations."

"[It was] a confrontation that involved shouting, words passing, some bumping."

Vick had to be restrained by friends, Bryant said, who put Vick back in the limo, but he then got out to confront a person that Bryant will not identify.

"In terms of just using good judgment, at one point, he got in the limousine, and should have left at that point. He got out of the limousine, and with the help of several friends, he was returned to to the limousine and left," said Bryant.

Police say they know who pulled the trigger near Guadalajara after the party, but, because uncooperative witnesses have led to a lack of sufficient evidence, no charges will be filed at this time.

I can't stand Vick at all, but it sounds like he's at least surrounded himself with better people this time. Or just paying them better.

I don't think there is any real question about his conversion to the idea of deism. I think there is a significant question as to how much of the book was written by his co-author.

Certainly that's going to be a big question whenever a co-author is involved.

Look, I am reading the book right now...and there are times in the book when Flew is discussing terms and concepts in philosophy, as it relates to atheism vs. deism, and my head is swimming because of the complexity of his thinking.

Granted, I did not take any philosophy classes in college, but I consider myself someone who can skim the surface and grab onto concepts even if I don't fully understand all that's there. I had trouble, and still have some trouble, really grasping what he is saying in some parts of his book. It makes me feel dumb, honestly. I sit there and think "Crap, this is beyond me." I usually never have to re-read text in order to understand it. With this, I am re-reading stuff and having to get on the net and research what the crap he is saying.

Therefore, it might be that the co-author is dumbing it down for people like me. Sometimes, really smart people cannot relate their thinking to normal people. Maybe that's what happened there. I can go stretches of time in the book where I feel it's an easy read. Then I hit speed bumps where maybe one paragraph takes me an hour or so to dissect and understand. I think the majority of the book was written by the co-author, but that doesn't mean it runs contrary to Flew. If I had read a book entirely written by Flew, I might just lay it down and move onto something else.

Or, maybe he was in a declined mental state (as has been alleged).

Regardless, I think Flew represents someone who was genuinely trying to (as he says) "Follow the argument wherever it might lead." He was raised with deism, turned from it and pursued a career that led him to disavow deism, and then returns to deism at the end of his life. At the culmination of all his best attempts to disprove deism, he ends up throwing his arms up in the air and surrendering to it. That says a lot to me.

Certainly that's going to be a big question whenever a co-author is involved.

Look, I am reading the book right now...and there are times in the book when Flew is discussing terms and concepts in philosophy, as it relates to atheism vs. deism, and my head is swimming because of the complexity of his thinking.

Granted, I did not take any philosophy classes in college, but I consider myself someone who can skim the surface and grab onto concepts even if I don't fully understand all that's there. I had trouble, and still have some trouble, really grasping what he is saying in some parts of his book. It makes me feel dumb, honestly. I sit there and think "Crap, this is beyond me." I usually never have to re-read text in order to understand it. With this, I am re-reading stuff and having to get on the net and research what the crap he is saying.

Therefore, it might be that the co-author is dumbing it down for people like me. Sometimes, really smart people cannot relate their thinking to normal people. Maybe that's what happened there. I can go stretches of time in the book where I feel it's an easy read. Then I hit speed bumps where maybe one paragraph takes me an hour or so to dissect and understand. I think the majority of the book was written by the co-author, but that doesn't mean it runs contrary to Flew. If I had read a book entirely written by Flew, I might just lay it down and move onto something else.

Or, maybe he was in a declined mental state (as has been alleged).

Regardless, I think Flew represents someone who was genuinely trying to (as he says) "Follow the argument wherever it might lead." He was raised with deism, turned from it and pursued a career that led him to disavow deism, and then returns to deism at the end of his life. At the culmination of all his best attempts to disprove deism, he ends up throwing his arms up in the air and surrendering to it. That says a lot to me.

Yep, that's pretty much how it seems to go. Just keep trying and you will eventually either believe in God or not believe that YOU exist....or both. :)

I can't stand Vick at all, but it sounds like he's at least surrounded himself with better people this time. Or just paying them better.

Unfortunately, he continues to expose himself to situations that have many more of his "old low character type of people" surrounding him. If it continues, even his "good" friends won't be able to save him. Evidently, they barely did this time.

Unfortunately, he continues to expose himself to situations that have many more of his "old low character type of people" surrounding him. If it continues, even his "good" friends won't be able to save him. Evidently, they barely did this time.

That's very true, Cloak. It's likely just a matter of time with this joker.

Personally, I like what Goodell's doing with his conduct policy. Unfortunately, he believes in giving players more than 2 chances. The whole Pacman situation was absolutely ridiculous. Also, IMO, if a player receives a jail sentence a lifetime ban from the NFL should be handed down with it. It might sound harsh, but if he wants to be taken serious he should tighten the policy even more.

A Philly piece with interesting comments by Vick's cheerleader, Tony Dungy.

Vick's judgment fall

TONY DUNGY, aka Michael Vick's biggest fan, said the Eagles backup quarterback may still feel the wrath of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

It was Dungy, you'll remember, who convinced the Eagles to give Vick a shot after he had served nearly 2 years in prison for his role in a dogfighting ring.

Yesterday, Dungy appeared on the Dan Patrick Radio Show and said that Vick used poor judgment in attending a birthday party thrown in his honor at a club in Virginia Beach, Va., on June 25.

Police have said Vick wasn't present during a shooting that took place outside the club. But, on Tuesday, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is still looking at the case.

"He made some mistakes that he probably won't make again, hopefully." Dungy told Patrick. "It was just not very good judgment and putting himself in a position where you're inviting the public to pay money and come to a birthday party, and you've got people there that you don't know who they are. You've got people that may be carrying weapons, people that are going to drink alcohol. And it's late at night. It's a recipe for failure.

"I think the bottom line is that he made some mistakes by being in the wrong place. He left that place before anything really happened, but it could have been disastrous and may still be."

"He made some mistakes that he probably won't make again, hopefully." And I will probably hit the Lotto..........hopefully.

TUCKER, Ga. (AP)—Michael Vick(notes) was a no-show at his celebrity golf tournament Sunday after probation officials restricted travel for the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback this weekend.

Vick spokeswoman, Judy Smith, said that Vick’s travel has been at the discretion of his probation officer since he was released from prison in a federal dogfighting case in May 2009.

The restriction follows a prosecutor saying this week that while Vick wasn’t involved in a shooting after his 30th birthday party in Virginia Beach, Va., that he was in a confrontation before the incident.

Vick missed the Michael Vick Celebrity Golf tournament in Georgia and also did not make a scheduled appearance at a youth football camp in Raleigh, N.C., this weekend.

Spokespersons for both events say they were notified Sunday morning that Vick would not be attending.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-no-show

Sets a new standard for the definition of "low-life." And to be lauded for his charitable humanitarianism??....................This is the only place he has ever voluntarily donated without publicity-driven motivation.

image.axd

Oh, and I almost forgot his other "charitable humanitarian" donations.................

sperm.jpg

with a generous sprinklin of.............

std.gif

Last edited:
(sigh)

Why don't they just lock the guy up, instead of wasting so much manpower and time and tax payer's money on keeping up with his latest shenanigans?

It's obvious that he's NOT a changed man. Changed men don't run in the same circles once they're out.

And Tony Dungy must feel like an a$$ right now. He went out on a limb, and essentially was USED by Vick as a way for Vick to get "in the clear" a little bit easier than he would have on his own.

Jiminy Christmas this is such a joke. I hope McNabb and the Redskins absolutely obliterate the Eagles. Both times.

Vick cleared by NFL

Michael Vick arrived at Lehigh today and answered questions from the media. Here is a sampling of what he said:

* He said he should have listened to his mother and kept the party private, rather than allowing the public in.

* Vick says he found out about shooting "15-20 mins" after it happened "from a friend."

* Vick said it "wasn't a pleasant conversation" when Vick told Andy Reid about the shooting.

* Vick says he wants to sit down with comissioner Roger Goodell when Goodell visits Eagles camp next week and "look him in the eye." He said he spoke with Goodell on the phone last week.

* He said he knows he's on his "last chance" and knows he shouldn't have put himself in that situation where something like the shooting could happen.

EARLIER:

The NFL has completed its investigation into the shooting at Michael Vick's birthday party last month in Virginia Beach and he has been cleared to play, a league spokesman told the Daily News today.

In an email, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said, "there is no change in his playing status."

The league could have disciplined Vick under the personal conduct policy even though police have said Vick will not be charged. Vick's attorney has said he was gone from the scene before the shooting took place.

Vick reportedly met with comissioner Roger Goodell, with Goodell urging Vick to tighten his circle to family and close friends. The NFL has said it will not comment on what it deems private conversations between players and Goodell.

The announcement comes as Vick, rookies and selected veterans are scheduled to report to Lehigh today for the start of training camp.

Vick is expected to answer questions from reporters for the first time since the incident.

Shoulda listened to Momma???? She's evidently always given him great advice.

*always clean up after the dog blood before coming to the table.

*wear rubber gloves and rubber boots while electrocuting the dogs.

*always use someone else's name if you're in trouble.

*if you've got herpes, neither I nor anyone else wants to know.

*practice "I didn't do it" and "I know nothing" in front of a mirror before leaving the house.

*when you play football, run like Hell........just as if the cops were after you.

Mike Vick dodged the bullet that his thug brother allegedly fired at Q.

The Comish isn't taking any disciplinary action.

I bet Philly still cuts him at the end of TC.

Shoulda listened to Momma???? She's evidently always given him great advice.

*always clean up after the dog blood before coming to the table.

*wear rubber gloves and rubber boots while electrocuting the dogs.

*always use someone else's name if you're in trouble.

*if you've got herpes, neither I nor anyone else wants to know.

*practice "I didn't do it" and "I know nothing" in front of a mirror before leaving the house.

*when you play football, run like Hell........just as if the cops were after you.

Based on what I read and saw on one of the cable shows, his mama was none to pleased with his part in the Bad Newz Kennel business nor the friends that he associated. She wasn't the only one close to him that felt that way, only he chose not to listen. At some point an adult must be held accountable for his own decisions. There are times that no matter how a kid was raised, bad decisions don't necessarily reflect back to parenting.

Back