Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will the Texans get an “H-Town Blue” uniform come 2024?

tracy-morgan-smh.gif

No. Just no!

Ugly AF and the terrible pose.

Looks like an arena uni

I guess y’all weren’t a part of the fan council that Hannah organized?

Those ******* red pants need to be retired. Jesus leave this team's uniforms alone. If anything we should add a Texas flag somewhere on our jerseys on the sleeves or something.

But has there ever been a more meaningful Texans vs Jaguars game played? In 22 seasons I can't remember a time where we played them with both teams having winning record, late season game with 1st place on the line.

I'm not a fan of the red uniforms. I just don't like them. I'm also thoroughly unimpressed with the "Liberty White" look. It just never worked for me though I concede that every team in the league has done the all-white thing at some point. I used to hate it when the Oiler's would do that when the white jerseys/blue pants looked just fine.

The red helmet I like a lot. One thing I wish they'd do though is come up with an alternate logo of some kind. The Texans bull head that we've used from day one is OK. I don't want it to go away entirely but it would be really cool (IMO) if they would do some kind of charging bull on the side of it. Maybe a little more primitive style for it as well. Looking online there are so many cool charging bull logos out there. Something in dark blue with a white border on that red helmet would be great.

I don’t like the all red look either. But I do really like the red helmet. Do a red, blue, red top to bottom maybe…but all red? Not a fan. But I don’t care as long as they ball out and declaw those kittens and surgically neuter them, and send them packing with their tail between their legs. Let’s go Texans!

I don’t like the all red look either. But I do really like the red helmet. Do a red, blue, red top to bottom maybe…but all red? Not a fan. But I don’t care as long as they ball out and declaw those kittens and surgically neuter them, and send them packing with their tail between their legs. Let’s go Texans!
The red, white & blue might look ok

I like the deep steel blue and all blue color rush. I absolutely hate the red helmet, as it only matches with the red unis. I don’t mind the white jersey in blue pants, I think it looks pretty clean. I don’t care for the liberty whiteout or red on white.

I'm not a fan of the red uniforms. I just don't like them. I'm also thoroughly unimpressed with the "Liberty White" look. It just never worked for me though I concede that every team in the league has done the all-white thing at some point. I used to hate it when the Oiler's would do that when the white jerseys/blue pants looked just fine.

The red helmet I like a lot. One thing I wish they'd do though is come up with an alternate logo of some kind. The Texans bull head that we've used from day one is OK. I don't want it to go away entirely but it would be really cool (IMO) if they would do some kind of charging bull on the side of it. Maybe a little more primitive style for it as well. Looking online there are so many cool charging bull logos out there. Something in dark blue with a white border on that red helmet would be great.

I don’t like ALL red but I do prefer the red tops over the blue. Wear the red tops with white pants and I’m good with that. Of course the red helmet needs to be permanent as well. The logo is just fine on the red helmet, in fact, the red helmet makes the logo pop a little more.

I’m with you on the ALL white as well. But even then the red helmets would make that look better. And I always hated when the Oilers went to all white too.

The problem, at least for me, in using some sort of charging bull as a logo change, as you suggested, is that the Texans aren’t the Bulls. Yes, I get that the current logo has the horns of a bull but it’s not a full on bull. Like I said, I’m good with the current logo if it pops like it does on the red helmet. Other than that I don’t know what else you could do. State flag logo or shape of the state? I think the latter has been done before. So that wouldn’t work.

/end fashion talk

I don't mind red. I just don't like that red. It's too bright. Need to do a darker, flatter red. Like these falcons unis

falcons-color-rush-590x590.png

& if they're going to do that stripe on the shoulder it needs to wrap across the shoulder, not go over the top of the shoulder.

7PHKQPQ6OVJMHHZPSA7VBXDD3E.jpg

The all red doesn’t bother me. I think the announcer who called them ketchup bottles plays a role in sentiment.

The only time it bothers me is when they wear it and lose.

I have seen worse uniforms like the Houston Blue they keep trying to bring back.

Yeah, I think they made it too complicated for the average person. When they think of Texans they think of "a person from Texas" Like people would think a Californian is someone from California. Or a Canadian is a person from Canada.

But Texans should be read like "Cowboy" or "Ranger" or "Sooner" or "Texian" it describes a people from long ago who overcame every harsh condition or circumstance that came their way despite being outnumbered, overpowered, or outgunned. People who knew the odds but braved the uncertainty & fought for the right to live. People who chose to be Texans, not the sorry bunch today (myself included) that just happened to be born in Texas.

Should have called them the Houston Texians, but that would have been even more confusing to today's football fan.

These aren't Cowboys, they're not settlers, they're not miners, they're not farmers...... They're Texans.

0fceb7550df15fec8418504e22638c31.jpg

This is an epic post!

Funny….there’s NFL teams using the same color combinations as well as CFB teams using the same color combinations of other schools and NFL teams. I don’t see any other teams or schools losing their shite. The Adams Family need to get over their own self importance. If I’m UH, I’d take their arses to court.
Especially since the Titan's uniforms are different now. The way teams keep changing their uniforms and adding different colors to them, it's going to be impossible for a new team to put together a color combination without stepping on some other team's toes!
Yeah, the Titans USED to wear those colors, but now they don't, they've added dark blue. Doesn't mean they should get to keep the old combination too.
The Texans could change the blue to 1% of a shade darker or
lighter and call it Sky Blue if they're hell bent on changing their colors.

The Texans could change the blue to 1% of a shade darker or
lighter and call it Sky Blue if they're hell bent on changing their colors.

They’re hell bent on making as much money as possible on a jersey change. And with the sentiment there still seems to be for that “Houston” blue, they’ll get it too.

It’s not just a Texans thing though. Let me make that clear. The entire NFL does it. Hell, all sports do it. Everybody has their throwbacks, alternates and/or city edition jerseys out there. People are going to buy it. That’s the bottom line.

And there’s a million teams out there. You can’t “own” a color Amy Skank.

I always thought if a team leaves a city, there should be an NFL rule that they leave their name and colors behind.

Adds to the bizareness of it all that there is a 1999 expansion team in Cleveland that gets claim to The Browns, Jim Brown, Paul Brown, Otto Graham, the 1946-1947-1948-1949 AAFC Championships, the 1950, 1954, 1955, and 1964 NFL titles when they have no more connection to that stuff than the Houston Texans do to the Houston Oilers. The Baltimore Ravens are that franchise that won those AAFC titles, the NFL titles, Jim Brown, Paul Brown, that's all in their lineage the same way the Oilers are for the Titans, both teams dropped their old names and repackaged into something different for their new cities, yet Houston can't have the Oilers, nerd ass Titan fans got to always lay it down like it's the bottom line that the Oilers belong to the Titans, but it's just an accepted idea that this 1999 expansion team is really the Browns.

Was there anybody from the 94-95 Browns that played on that 99 team? Or were they all in Baltimore getting ready to win a Super Bowl the following season? I know the Texans at least got Gary Walker, our first pro bowler in 2002 had the safety in the first game against Dallas the first game ever at NRG, while he also played in the final 2 seasons with the Oilers in the Astrodome(he played in the final game in the Astrodome for Houston in 96), so if that's the case than the Texans actually had more connection to the Oilers than the "Browns" did to the Browns.

I've read the reason for it was that the people of Cleveland won a court ruling to keep that stuff, also read in Ken Fowler's 1997 book people Houston tried the same thing but a judge shot it down gave it no chance.

The Baltimore Ravens are that franchise that won those AAFC titles, the NFL titles, Jim Brown, Paul Brown, that's all in their lineage the same way the Oilers are for the Titans, both teams dropped their old names and repackaged into something different for their new cities, yet Houston can't have the Oilers,
The Browns never played anywhere outside of Clevland. The Ravens were the Ravens day 1 in Baltimore.

The Oilers moved to Tennesee. That team rebranded & became the Titans.

The Browns never played anywhere outside of Clevland. The Ravens were the Ravens day 1 in Baltimore.

The Oilers moved to Tennesee. That team rebranded & became the Titans.

That doesn't make the Ravens a 1996 expansion team, the Ravens have been around since 1946 All America Football Conference when they were coached by Paul Brown, the same final team that played the final 1995 season in Cleveland, same general manager Ozzie Newsome that drafted Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden, same owner, all came from a long line of infrastructure built up in that franchise for 6 decades in Cleveland. The 1999 expansion team that plays in Cleveland literally has no connection to any of that other than the rights they got to wear all that gear and call themselves the Browns, they have the same connection to the original Browns as the Texans have to the Oilers in that all that **** happened in those cities not in Baltimore or Tennessee.

Meanwhile the Titans played 2 seasons in Tennessee as the Oilers to a state that didn't give a flying **** about them, were mad that Bud didn't change the name, then played as the Titans day 1 as soon as they opened Adelphia Stadium.

I don’t care anymore.

Let them keep that cursed name and jersey.

Houston has moved on to better things.

Right now the Oilers jersey is more about money than anything.

If the NFL was smart they would make it into a competition every year and whoever wins gets to wear the jersey at home the following year.

Yes. That’s my brilliant idea I came up on my own and didn’t read it 10,000 times somewhere else.

I don’t care anymore.

Let them keep that cursed name and jersey.

Houston has moved on to better things.

Right now the Oilers jersey is more about money than anything.

If the NFL was smart they would make it into a competition every year and whoever loses has to wear the jersey at home the following year.

Yes. That’s my brilliant idea I came up on my own and didn’t read it 10,000 times somewhere else.
FIFY

Back