Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will the Texans get an “H-Town Blue” uniform come 2024?

Mangler

Toro de España
IMG_6525.jpegIMG_6529.jpeg
IMG_6527.jpegSeems like more Houston teams are jumping in the H-Town Blue train. The COOGS just unveiled their new unis and they look clean! With that said, would the league even allow the Texans to do something like this? And, before the sensitive bunch gets all worked up, we all know the Titans own the Oiler rights, no one is arguing that. I just find it odd that with the Oilers not being an active franchise/team that the NFL would deny Houston something like this.

View attachment 12543View attachment 12542
View attachment 12544Seems like more Houston teams are jumping in the H-Town Blue train. The COOGS just unveiled their new unis and they look clean! With that said, would the league even allow the Texans to do something like this? And, before the sensitive bunch gets all worked up, we all know the Titans own the Oiler rights, no one is arguing that. I just find it odd that with the Oilers not being an active franchise/team that the NFL would deny Houston something like this.
Who cares about this kind of crap?

Just put a contender on the field.

View attachment 12543View attachment 12542
View attachment 12544Seems like more Houston teams are jumping in the H-Town Blue train. The COOGS just unveiled their new unis and they look clean! With that said, would the league even allow the Texans to do something like this? And, before the sensitive bunch gets all worked up, we all know the Titans own the Oiler rights, no one is arguing that. I just find it odd that with the Oilers not being an active franchise/team that the NFL would deny Houston something like this.
Cal already mentioned one of the new uniforms will be blue related like this

I absolutely hate this! I understand the oilers have history here. I think as some one who was not around for the oilers.I should have a voice for the fans that do not have any memories of the oilers. Why add a new color to a scheme that is perfect for the Texans? It’s Red white and blue! Not with a dash of baby blue for nostalgia! I would love to have New Jerseys, but i swear if they add an all baby blue uniform. I will be sick. The Texans should be looking to the future for inspiration not the past. Especially to a team that is technically a rival team now. If people want a color that bad go support the Titans. This is just a bad idea.

I edited it to remove some personal opinions. That was biased.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate this! I understand the oilers have history here. I think as a 29 year old man. I should have a voice for the fans that do not have any memories of the oilers. My first game that I have ever watched was the Texans vs the cowboys. My dad sat me down and explained to me how big this moment was. I love the Texans and all the traditions! I still to this day get the chills. When I hear clay walker sing “the team’s colors ,and the part where he goes “toros ready to charrrrge! Welcome to the greatest city of all houston Texas are you ready for some football!” The fact we are getting uniforms excite me. The fact we are going backwards for a color that most of the fans 30 and under have no memory of is very disappointing.
Well if the Texans didn’t go with a generic name and color scheme……Sorry but that hasn’t connected across the city as well.

I absolutely hate this! I understand the oilers have history here. I think as a 29 year old man. I should have a voice for the fans that do not have any memories of the oilers. My first game that I have ever watched was the Texans vs the cowboys. My dad sat me down and explained to me how big this moment was. I love the Texans and all the traditions! I still to this day get the chills. When I hear clay walker sing “the team’s colors ,and the part where he goes “toros ready to charrrrge! Welcome to the greatest city of all houston Texas are you ready for some football!” The fact we are getting uniforms excite me. The fact we are going backwards for a color that most of the fans 30 and under have no memory of is very disappointing.

You lost me there......

I absolutely hate this! I understand the oilers have history here. I think as some one who was not around for the oilers.I should have a voice for the fans that do not have any memories of the oilers. Why add a new color to a scheme that is perfect for the Texans? It’s Red white and blue! Not with a dash of baby blue for nostalgia! I would love to have New Jerseys, but i swear if they add an all baby blue uniform. I will be sick. The Texans should be looking to the future for inspiration not the past. Especially to a team that is technically a rival team now. If people want a color that bad go support the Titans. This is just a bad idea.
Massages for everyone!!
Can I pick my masseuse off instagram

Well if the Texans didn’t go with a generic name and color scheme……Sorry but that hasn’t connected across the city as well.

that’s only b/c they haven’t won anything or been serious SB contenders. If that ever changes, people will gravitate to that generic look & name.

saw the same thing with the Stros. People were up in arms about the switch to the AL and the new orange unis and basic ass emblem/logo. Crane was public enemy #1. Then they started winning and now all that loud orange is beloved around here.

Christ almighty, the Texans marketing team has ruffled some feathers. Whatever shall we do?

Several years ago during a game at NRG, an announcement was heralded over the stadium speaker system boasting that the Houston Texans were awarded the best Marketing Department by the NFL. No one, but me, gave a damn. I stood up and yelled "We're Number 1!!!!!!"

Everyone looked at me kind of strange.

60 year old men have more purchasing power than those younger men that are 30.

People love them nostalgia. I just think it gets to be overkill when everybody starts doing it. It's like when teams started coming out with the black jerseys. It was cool looking for the first couple of teams but got old really fast when everybody came out with their black jersey.

There's so many jersey combos in the NBA these days it takes a while to figure out who's playing. I like an identity. When the Steelers wear their black & gold you KNOW it's the Steelers. There's simply no doubt. I guess you know it's them too when they wear their bumblebees, but still. Cowboys, Packers, Raiders, Chiefs, etc.

A big reason I loved the Astros rainbows was when you watched the highlight shows, back then it was This Week In Baseball, there was no doubt whose highlights they were showing when you saw those unis.

But people seem to be obsessed with different color jerseys, sometimes not having anything to do with the team's actual color scheme. And as long as they are obsessed, team owners will try to cash in on it.

As for the Oilers looking blue, sure, you can come up with the BS story about it representing the old HPD look all you want. It's really about the Oilers and people just not being able to let that team go for some reason. The team that left you and basically gave you double rods on their way out by taking the history, name, and the freaking colors.

First it was the Rockets, now the Coogs, and next year most likely the Texans. Enough already. Not that I think much of the Astros city edition jerseys, but thank God they didn't go baby/powder/columbia blue, whatever you want to call it. I agree that the Texans unis are bland. Part of that is them making the steel blue the main color. The logo doesn't really pop on those dark blue helmets. I think they'd look much better making red the primary color. But Hannah sees an opportunity to take advantage of nostalgia, so here comes the f***ing Oiler-ish blue. Suckers.

People love them nostalgia. I just think it gets to be overkill when everybody starts doing it. It's like when teams started coming out with the black jerseys. It was cool looking for the first couple of teams but got old really fast when everybody came out with their black jersey.

There's so many jersey combos in the NBA these days it takes a while to figure out who's playing. I like an identity. When the Steelers wear their black & gold you KNOW it's the Steelers. There's simply no doubt. I guess you know it's them too when they wear their bumblebees, but still. Cowboys, Packers, Raiders, Chiefs, etc.

A big reason I loved the Astros rainbows was when you watched the highlight shows, back then it was This Week In Baseball, there was no doubt whose highlights they were showing when you saw those unis.

But people seem to be obsessed with different color jerseys, sometimes not having anything to do with the team's actual color scheme. And as long as they are obsessed, team owners will try to cash in on it.

As for the Oilers looking blue, sure, you can come up with the BS story about it representing the old HPD look all you want. It's really about the Oilers and people just not being able to let that team go for some reason. The team that left you and basically gave you double rods on their way out by taking the history, name, and the freaking colors.

First it was the Rockets, now the Coogs, and next year most likely the Texans. Enough already. Not that I think much of the Astros city edition jerseys, but thank God they didn't go baby/powder/columbia blue, whatever you want to call it. I agree that the Texans unis are bland. Part of that is them making the steel blue the main color. The logo doesn't really pop on those dark blue helmets. I think they'd look much better making red the primary color. But Hannah sees an opportunity to take advantage of nostalgia, so here comes the f***ing Oiler-ish blue. Suckers.
This is what Hannah McNair's Houston Texans are all about.

It’s an alternate. It’s fine.

I edited it to remove some personal opinions. That was biased.
Our uniforms suck. Their top three ugliest in the nfl. Steel blue is ****. Literally any other shade of blue would be an upgrade. Baby blue is just so much better. Not because of our past but because anything is an improvement over the **** colors we have now. So suck it up buttercup. Not everyone likes the curent unis

Our uniforms suck. Their top three ugliest in the nfl. Steel blue is ****. Literally any other shade of blue would be an upgrade. Baby blue is just so much better. Not because of our past but because anything is an improvement over the **** colors we have now. So suck it up buttercup. Not everyone likes the curent unis

That baby blue sucks big donkey you know what.

Give me the current colors over that

Calling my wild ass shot now. The Titans wearing Oilers throwback unis against the Texans, and now this, is (are?) foreshadowing the upcoming announcement that the McNairs have purchased the Oilers colors from the Adams.

No. I'm not drunk, high or otherwise mentally impaired beyond my usual mental impairment.

I like the Houston Blue look...the coogs unis look sick...but then again I've been a fan of Houston football since back in the Oilers day so I love the concept of bringing back our colors....there has to be a way we could integrate the Houston blue with our current colors...perhaps in the piping or outlining the numbers and logo or something???

Last edited:
Calling my wild ass shot now. The Titans wearing Oilers throwback unis against the Texans, and now this, is (are?) foreshadowing the upcoming announcement that the McNairs have purchased the Oilers colors from the Adams.

No. I'm not drunk, high or otherwise mentally impaired beyond my usual mental impairment.

The Adams Family has held on tight to the Oilers image, but money can usually pry those fat little fingers loose.

If the McNair’s have managed to buy the “Columbia Blue” color…..then they’ll make their money back times 20+. Smart business move.

If the Titans sold “Columbia Blue” to the Texans, but in the agreement asked for a royalty for anything and everything using the color…..then that makes The Adams Family savvy and smart.

Better yet….Texans could set Gun Metal Gray Metallic as its base color, then compliment it with Steel Blue, Columbia Blue, Battle Red, and Liberty White. Gray would make any combination of these colors pop….even in a Throwback uniform.

Last edited:
Who cares about this kind of crap?

Just put a contender on the field.

I "care" about it but to be completely clear I think the teams far overestimate how much I care about it. It's nice. It's really nice. Without the necessary work done to "put a contender on the field" it's just not important and comes off as a cheap promotion for a bad product. Thankfully the Texans look to be finally focusing on improving the team again.

Reactions: JB

I would say I agree with what you're saying but I blame the Texans entirely for this. People won't let the past go because the current football team has given them nothing but weak sauce and mediocrity for 20 years. Beginning with the most generic possible identity and then building it up just enough to start meaning something before handing it all over to Bill O'Brien for 7 seasons to manage the decline they haven't given anyone much of a reason to jettison the old Oiler's baggage. Just like meaningful rivalries require two participants changing a cities team loyalty means the new team has to somehow eclipse the old one. The Texans only appear to have been trying to top 1993 and the infamous 35-3 comeback game which is going in the wrong direction.

Going to have to show more than 8 seasons of competency (under Gary Kubiak) to get those roots planted correctly. Until they do they're always just going to be consolation prize team that replaced the Oiler's (Ahhh, remember Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips? That was great wasn't it?)

I would say I agree with what you're saying but I blame the Texans entirely for this. People won't let the past go because the current football team has given them nothing but weak sauce and mediocrity for 20 years. Beginning with the most generic possible identity and then building it up just enough to start meaning something before handing it all over to Bill O'Brien for 7 seasons to manage the decline they haven't given anyone much of a reason to jettison the old Oiler's baggage. Just like meaningful rivalries require two participants changing a cities team loyalty means the new team has to somehow eclipse the old one. The Texans only appear to have been trying to top 1993 and the infamous 35-3 comeback game which is going in the wrong direction.

Going to have to show more than 8 seasons of competency (under Gary Kubiak) to get those roots planted correctly. Until they do they're always just going to be consolation prize team that replaced the Oiler's (Ahhh, remember Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips? That was great wasn't it?)

Right. Ravens have won 2 Super Bowls so I doubt fans in Baltimore are pining away for the Colts name and colors and all that stuff.

If the Texans had at least been to a championship game or two, this probably wouldn’t even be an issue. But they haven’t so here we are.

The Adams Family has held on tight to the Oilers image, but money can usually pry those fat little fingers loose.

If the McNair’s have managed to buy the “Columbia Blue” color…..then they’ll make their money back times 20+. Smart business move.

If the Titans sold “Columbia Blue” to the Texans, but in the agreement asked for a royalty for anything and everything using the color…..then that makes The Adams Family savvy and smart.

Better yet….Texans could set Gun Metal Gray Metallic as its base color, then compliment it with Steel Blue, Columbia Blue, Battle Red, and Liberty White. Gray would make any combination of these colors pop….even in a Throwback uniform.
I have a feeling that Hannah is picking a color blue a shade lighter or darker, like maya blue. Marketing it as H-Town Blue. If it wasn’t for the rockets and now coogs, it would be difficult to swing. But like Speedy said, we all know what it’s about.

I have a feeling that Hannah is picking a color blue a shade lighter or darker, like maya blue. Marketing it as H-Town Blue. If it wasn’t for the rockets and now coogs, it would be difficult to swing. But like Speedy said, we all know what it’s about.

I'm confused. At first the rumors were it was the shade of blue on the old Houston police cars, which is a slightly darker shade of blue than Columbia Blue. Now, we're back to the old Oiler color scheme. We need more rumors to base our rumors on.

60 year old men have more purchasing power than those younger men that are 30.

A lot of that power is because we stop buying things because they are new and/or different. I have ton of Texans gear from 20 years of being around them, not going try to replace that because of a new color scheme/design..

I took a months long vacation from this place only to see nothing has changed. Why are some folks getting triggered over uniform colors?

What fans don't have control of - Product on the field.

What fans do have control of - What uniform (color) they choose to purchase and wear.

Also Cal had hinted again they are working on a 4th uniform besides the other three that would be “Htown Blue”

Back