Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Will the Texans get an “H-Town Blue” uniform come 2024?

No, if we went with a Houston traffic theme the games would take 3 hours longer and we would never go anywhere.

When we drafted we would only use that as capital to trade for players we already had and wouldnt ever fix any position.

The fans would be angry, cursing and.....okay.. that wouldn't change.

No, if we went with a Houston traffic theme the games would take 3 hours longer and we would never go anywhere.

When we drafted we would only use that as capital to trade for players we already had and wouldnt ever fix any position.

The fans would be angry, cursing and.....okay.. that wouldn't change.

And this would be different....how?

Agreed! Make it more original............like............THE HOUSTON HOUSTONIANS!!!!!! :tiphat:

Yeah, I think they made it too complicated for the average person. When they think of Texans they think of "a person from Texas" Like people would think a Californian is someone from California. Or a Canadian is a person from Canada.

But Texans should be read like "Cowboy" or "Ranger" or "Sooner" or "Texian" it describes a people from long ago who overcame every harsh condition or circumstance that came their way despite being outnumbered, overpowered, or outgunned. People who knew the odds but braved the uncertainty & fought for the right to live. People who chose to be Texans, not the sorry bunch today (myself included) that just happened to be born in Texas.

Should have called them the Houston Texians, but that would have been even more confusing to today's football fan.

These aren't Cowboys, they're not settlers, they're not miners, they're not farmers...... They're Texans.

0fceb7550df15fec8418504e22638c31.jpg

And this would be different....how?
There would be no way possible we ever go anywhere.

Now its just highly unlikely.

We would have the curse of burial grounds, gypsies and gridlock.... the trifecta of 3gs

Although, in true Texan fashion neing behind everyone..... we would finally get 3g while everyone else is on 5g

The Houston people from long ago who overcame every harsh condition or circumstance that came their way despite being outnumbered, overpowered, or outgunned. People who knew the odds but braved the uncertainty & fought for the right to live. People who chose to be Texans, not the sorry bunch today (myself included) that just happened to be born in Texas

This would never fit on the front of a jersey..

After seeing some Titans fans wanting the Adams family to sue... the more I support this trolling.

How can you sue over a color scheme in the NFL without running the risk of teams running out there in what Thorn described earlier. Change the name, the shade and laugh.

I was tired of the "bring back the Oilers" cause it won't happen and to keep wanting it fuels the fire for the Titans to troll us.

Now that it seems to frustrate... even only a few... I am on board with the color change cause.... I agree with \/

**** the Titans, how about that?

Last edited:
This entire thread makes me think of The University of Oregon (Nike U) who don't wear uniforms - they wear outfits. This subject sounds more like Sex and the City than it does a professional football team.

After seeing some Titans fans wanting the Adams family to sue... the more I support this trolling.

How can you sue over a color scheme in the NFL without running the risk of teams running out there in what Thorn described earlier. Change the name, the shade and laugh.

I was tired of the "bring back the Oilers" cause it won't happen and to keep wanting it fuels the fire for the Titans to troll us.

Now that it seems to frustrate... even only a few... I am on board with the color change cause.... I agree with \/
I make it a point to go into every Facebook post that has the Titans hyping up the “Love Ya Blue” theme this year and post “Houston Oilers!” I get tons of hilarious replies from upset Titan fans. They get super upset when people call them “Houston Oilers.” I’m not the only one trolling them, I see a bunch of people joining in, lol.

By the way, someone told me that the Adams family threatened to file a law suit against U of H because of how close their new uniforms resemble the Oilers uniforms, just like they filed a law suit against the XFL because of the Roughnecks logo. So it isn’t likely that U of H makes those jerseys available for purchase. It’s sad that the XFL ended up changing the logo to look closer to an H instead of an oil derrick. As if we needed another reason to hate that b*tch made franchise!

Last edited:
"You can put dudes out there in burlap bags" - Right On!
"with spray-painted numbers" - Hell yeah brother!
"and a G-string" - Well... hmmm... check please!

That may not be a good look especially for the linemen.
Lets go with Pajama bottoms.

That uniform looks terrible. Just "turribull" like Charles Barkley would say it. I don't want the Texans to do any form of "Oiler/H-Town Blue" and I hate that they're too damn stupid to understand why that's a mistake. Going to some sort of quasi-Oilers colors is going to push them even further away from having an identity of their own that people embrace. You want to reach the fans? Field. A. Winner. Win a Super Bowl in your existing colors and the Columbia Blue will fade away.

That uniform looks terrible. Just "turribull" like Charles Barkley would say it. I don't want the Texans to do any form of "Oiler/H-Town Blue" and I hate that they're too damn stupid to understand why that's a mistake. Going to some sort of quasi-Oilers colors is going to push them even further away from having an identity of their own that people embrace. You want to reach the fans? Field. A. Winner. Win a Super Bowl in your existing colors and the Columbia Blue will fade away.

That would be fine, if they could field a SB winner. They're just changing the wrapper on the candy bar and calling it "new and improved".

Besides, as I've pointed out before, we don't know if they're changing their regular color scheme, or simply changing one of their two allowed alternate color schemes. We got White Out nights and Battle Red nights now. We could have Houston Blue nights instead of one of those. And get a blue's band to play at halftime.

Reactions: JB
Bring a winner?

The Texans would rather sell you the illusion of bringing you a winner while making a fortune selling this crap.

That would be fine, if they could field a SB winner. They're just changing the wrapper on the candy bar and calling it "new and improved".

Besides, as I've pointed out before, we don't know if they're changing their regular color scheme, or simply changing one of their two allowed alternate color schemes. We got White Out nights and Battle Red nights now. We could have Houston Blue nights instead of one of those. And get a blue's band to play at halftime.
The Texans Way.

All show, no substance.

I'm no fashionista, but it's not too different from the color blue the OIlers wore prior to 1975.

1974_Houston.png

I too am not the fashionista.

The oil Derrick made the helmet. The matte finish too. The hyper glossy helmet and “H” kills it for me.

And the whole “Houston Blue” thing kills it for me.

If the Texans got to wear the Oilers jerseys - I could get that.

This is…just a reach to sell merchandise.

Lets look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a good comparison. Sure they had no team before their arrival but they did have a multi-decade existence as the resident NFC joke of a franchise with a uniform and logo that people mocked. Sure, go ahead and tell me how deep down inside “you” always loved those Dreamsicle orange uniforms and that (using the terminology of the time) “gay ass pirate”. They were low hanging fruit. Easy pickings. What they did is re-brand and then win.

All ills cured. Now even their original colors and logo are broadly embraced. Their identity has been dialed in. That would be something I could embrace. A cheap knock off look from our former team just tells the world we aren’t over Bud’s franchise.

Lets look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a good comparison. Sure they had no team before their arrival but they did have a multi-decade existence as the resident NFC joke of a franchise with a uniform and logo that people mocked. Sure, go ahead and tell me how deep down inside “you” always loved those Dreamsicle orange uniforms and that (using the terminology of the time) “gay ass pirate”. They were low hanging fruit. Easy pickings. What they did is re-brand and then win.

All ills cured. Now even their original colors and logo are broadly embraced. Their identity has been dialed in. That would be something I could embrace. A cheap knock off look from our former team just tells the world we aren’t over Bud’s franchise.
The dreamsicles made the NFCCG by there 5th yr

Back