Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Will the Texans get an “H-Town Blue” uniform come 2024?

The dreamsicles made the NFCCG by there 5th yr

Yes they did and then they did precious little for years and years after. They had that, we had our little successful time with Gary Kubiak and a couple of playoff wins. It's not a perfect analogy. I don't think one exists unless maybe it's the New Orleans Saints which doesn't really fit 100% either. It's about frustration. High expectations which probably come with every expansion team and years of losing all piling up on the backs of fans who just want to see a team that's worth their time to watch.

Most expansion teams don't come with a built in "Ghost of Seasons Past". The Ravens did but they built a winner and then erased the specter of the Colts forever They got a Johnny U statue to look at, memories to enjoy, and can be at peace with their past. We got a new stadium right next to the old one and a team that's never established an identity. Instead of trying to weasel a way around the crummy deal that was made with Bud Adams to forever keep those colors why not just build a statue of Bum and Earl standing beside each other between NRG and the dome? I'd like to see that. Do it while at least one of them is alive and then move on. It's history after all.

No, if we went with a Houston traffic theme the games would take 3 hours longer and we would never go anywhere.

When we drafted we would only use that as capital to trade for players we already had and wouldnt ever fix any position.

The fans would be angry, cursing and.....okay.. that wouldn't change.
Well if the Texans called me… I could help fix all that. I do own a small pavement markings company after all. Lol.

Why do people care about this crap?
We can’t control the home team being a dumpster fire, but we can at least bully ownership into designing something we would actually like to buy/wear because they’re desperate right now. They’re so desperate they’re catering to the “inner loop” crowd by putting videos of “slabs” with those ridiculous (swanger) rims on the jumbotron. What about the crowd that doesn’t like that kind of crap? We should at least have our fair shake and get some merchandise options that don’t look like something that was purchased at Kings Flea Market.

We can’t control the home team being a dumpster fire, but we can at least bully ownership into designing something we would actually like to buy/wear because they’re desperate right now. They’re so desperate they’re catering to the “inner loop” crowd by putting videos of “slabs” with those ridiculous (swanger) rims on the jumbotron. What about the crowd that doesn’t like that kind of crap? We should at least have our fair shake and get some merchandise options that don’t look like something that was purchased at Kings Flea Market.
I just want ownership that's committed to bringing a championship to the city. The McNair's ain't that. They're more into this kinda stuff.

Yes they did and then they did precious little for years and years after. They had that, we had our little successful time with Gary Kubiak and a couple of playoff wins. It's not a perfect analogy. I don't think one exists unless maybe it's the New Orleans Saints which doesn't really fit 100% either. It's about frustration. High expectations which probably come with every expansion team and years of losing all piling up on the backs of fans who just want to see a team that's worth their time to watch.

Most expansion teams don't come with a built in "Ghost of Seasons Past". The Ravens did but they built a winner and then erased the specter of the Colts forever They got a Johnny U statue to look at, memories to enjoy, and can be at peace with their past. We got a new stadium right next to the old one and a team that's never established an identity. Instead of trying to weasel a way around the crummy deal that was made with Bud Adams to forever keep those colors why not just build a statue of Bum and Earl standing beside each other between NRG and the dome? I'd like to see that. Do it while at least one of them is alive and then move on. It's history after all.
I'm on board with this.

But the McNair's will never let it happen.

Sadly I think you're right. I kinda wonder if it might stumble at the point where you have to involve the "Addams" family. Would Amy so much as let Houston put up a statue to Bum and Earl with an Oiler logo somewhere around it? I wonder.
Doubtful and there in lies the rub.

The Adams family still is upset about not getting the new stadium in Houston.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/houston-texans-new-uniforms-18330793.php

"Here is what I can tell you: fan input drove the process as we surveyed over 10k fans and held over 50 focus groups with Legends, Current Players, Houston celebrities, all kinds of fans and more," McNair wrote. "We feel really good about where we’re headed with it. Over our four new designs, we feel like we landed on something for everyone. We can’t wait to debut them in 2024."

The Texans owner and CEO added that the team will utilize "multiple" helmets along with the new uniforms. You can read McNair's entire conversation with members of the Texans fan base on Reddit.

And for once, they'll be right. :lol:

There will be a vocal minority that will hate everything. Just because they want to be that person.

giphy.gif

The current color scheme of the Texans is drab and boring, so them changing things I agree with.

Of course that's what I say now before I've seen what they're gonna do.

FWIW, I don't want to see anything Oilers related associated with the Texans. I was as big of a fan as there was for the Oilers, but when Bud Adams moved the team, everything Oilers related was dead to me.
Understandable, but when the coogs suited up in true Houston Blue...that uniform looked SICK...it was bright, eye catching, looked sharp, and was something fresh while still paying homage to the old Houston faithful.
I really wish the Texans would have come up with that concept..and now that the coogs have used it...I highly doubt that we will....which is unfortunate b/c the coogs colors have never been any shade of blue...Houston blue or not...

FWIW, I don't want to see anything Oilers related associated with the Texans. I was as big of a fan as there was for the Oilers, but when Bud Adams moved the team, everything Oilers related was dead to me.

Yep. I'm not a superstitious person. . .but if I was. . .I'd think wrapping yourselves in the colors of a team whose claim to fame is epic chokes and crappy ownership is bad juju.

I'll always have a place deep in my dark heart for the Oilers, but they're just distant memories now and I have zero desire to relive the less-than-glory days of that franchise.

I'm hoping this is just a cash grab...err..."image update" for the Texans and not an attempt to revive the zombie spirits of other teams. The Texans need to forge their own independent identity, and that has nothing to do with colors or logos and everything to do with winning a championship (or at least getting close enough to be in the final 4 lol).

Maybe I'm just an a-hole but the above is enough for me to get behind the "Houston Blue" bus and push.

I'm sure Amy is a wonderful lady, but she's an Adams - screw em.

(Disclaimer - I don't care that they moved the team etc. etc. but the history should have stayed with Houston)

Amy Adam’s had issues with UH uniform color? If I’m the UH board of regents, I take this very seriously and with great consideration.

Then I tell Amy to STFU.

Understandable, but when the coogs suited up in true Houston Blue...that uniform looked SICK...it was bright, eye catching, looked sharp, and was something fresh while still paying homage to the old Houston faithful.
I really wish the Texans would have come up with that concept..and now that the coogs have used it...I highly doubt that we will....which is unfortunate b/c the coogs colors have never been any shade of blue...Houston blue or not...
I thought it was a little gimmicky when the Rockets did it. But now that UH has also done it... seems like it's an H-Town thing.

F*ck*ng hell this team is so lame sometimes.

You don't ever explain the joke, you don't give away what makes the magic a trick, you don't show people how the sausage is made..

You just tell the funny joke, show the holy sh*t magic, or serve up the delicious sausage.

Just do all the goddamn right things behind the scenes and put up a kickass product without begging us to believe you're really doing it this time. I believe that they want to actually win just as much as they want to market a profitable product, but please for the love of f*ck just let the fan experience stuff just be funner as you evolve it while letting the football people do their work to create the substance to back up the sizzle.

We don't need to be constantly placated if we can actually see the actual better sh*t in action. Because that's all we really care about.

I’m nervous about what they’ll come up with for the “H-Town Blue” helmet. Will they go with a white helmet with red face mask, or will they go with a “H-Town Blue” helmet? New uniforms won’t mean sh*t unless they throw in a new helmet to match them!

I’m nervous about what they’ll come up with for the “H-Town Blue” helmet. Will they go with a white helmet with red face mask, or will they go with a “H-Town Blue” helmet? New uniforms won’t mean sh*t unless they throw in a new helmet to match them!
At this point it doesnt even F'ing matter....they already screwed the pooch and picked a horrible shade of blue that looks lame, outdated and OLD...nothing fresh about it. Another dog yelping due to no lube being used.

At this point it doesnt even F'ing matter....they already screwed the pooch and picked a horrible shade of blue that looks lame, outdated and OLD...nothing fresh about it. Another dog yelping due to no lube being used.
In those pictures it looks like an old washed out blue/gray... simply turrible!

Its like they are blind...they keep saying they wanna pay tribute and that the color is H-town blue...but then they pick a shade of blue that isnt even close...smfh.
I'm hoping it's bad pictures...

Or a feint

My color scheme for the new look:

Gun-Metal Gray Metallic / Deep Steel Blue / Battle Red

1696258903779.png 1696258985859.png

Gun-Metal Gray Metallic Gray / Houston Blue / Battle Red (Throwback Uni)

1696259020227.png 1696257448638.png 1696257803825.png

Use the car color chip b/c of the curves to better show off the GMGM.

Attachments

• 1696257178865.png
    1696257178865.png
    4 KB · Views: 3
Back