Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Will the Texans get an “H-Town Blue” uniform come 2024?

Such a petty bunch of a-holes are the NFL and Titans. Go to the NFL store and try to buy a Texans #34 jersey with the name CAMPBELL on it and see what happens. You can't even do that to honor the guy. It times out and tells you something went wrong. Always has. I think at one point in the past they actually told you that name/number combination was not available.

Just incredibly petty.

Such a petty bunch of a-holes are the NFL and Titans. Go to the NFL store and try to buy a Texans #34 jersey with the name CAMPBELL on it and see what happens. You can't even do that to honor the guy. It times out and tells you something went wrong. Always has. I think at one point in the past they actually told you that name/number combination was not available.

Just incredibly petty.
To the NFL and the world at large, the Oilers and the Texans are two different franchises with nothing in common other than Houston, and no one cares about Houston

To the NFL and the world at large, the Oilers and the Texans are two different franchises with nothing in common other than Houston, and no one cares about Houston

Entirely true but what if your last name happens to be "Campbell" for example and you're a Texan fan and #34 is what you want for whatever reason? Bunch of BS that you can't order that jersey all because some old bitter skank who began existence swimming around Bud Adams sack in the "Brine of Bitterness" that his soul produced has decided to double-down on his feud with Houston. There are limits to how far something like this should be able to go and I can hold a grudge as long as anyone on this earth (or at least I thought I could).

Entirely true but what if your last name happens to be "Campbell" for example and you're a Texan fan and #34 is what you want for whatever reason? Bunch of BS that you can't order that jersey all because some old bitter skank who began existence swimming around Bud Adams sack in the "Brine of Bitterness" that his soul produced has decided to double-down on his feud with Houston. There are limits to how far something like this should be able to go and I can hold a grudge as long as anyone on this earth (or at least I thought I could).

Grudge holding actually requires effort, but in this case, I'm willing to invest some negative emotion on it. :evilb:

UH should absolutely raise hell about this. The American conference website is selling the Rice ones.

UH should absolutely raise hell about this. The American conference website is selling the Rice ones.
It doesn't say Houston on it so it is no infringement. UH could change theirs and have Cougars on the front. The color is not the issue

It all comes down to the Houston and Harris County leaders at the time not holding Bud’s nuts to the fire and forcing him to lose money until he gave Houston a “Cleveland Browns” type deal on the identity. So short sighted. Too late to do anything about it now. The NFL didn’t feel the need to do anything for Houston at the time and they don’t care about this now. Cal wants to give them a “billion-gazillion dollars” and they’ll turn on her in a heartbeat but nobody would (or even should) contemplate doing that.

It all comes down to the Houston and Harris County leaders at the time not holding Bud’s nuts to the fire and forcing him to lose money until he gave Houston a “Cleveland Browns” type deal on the identity. So short sighted. Too late to do anything about it now. The NFL didn’t feel the need to do anything for Houston at the time and they don’t care about this now. Cal wants to give them a “billion-gazillion dollars” and they’ll turn on her in a heartbeat but nobody would (or even should) contemplate doing that.
You think Cal wants to buy the rights?

Hannah is freakin diabolical. Marketing genius.

She first tries to being back the “Houston Blue” colors to appease the fans that miss the Oilers and Luv Ya Blue days. She planned to push until the NFL starts sending cease and desist letters. She was never bringing back the colors. Now she can stop and be like sorry guys. Poor us. It’s the NFL and the Titans. We tried.

Meanwhile she put butts in seats. And got people excited to see Houston Blue. And made the Texans the victim and a division rival the bad guy. And the people who didn’t want to bring back the colors can sigh a sigh of relief.

Hannah playing 3D chess.

You think Cal wants to buy the rights?

No of course not. I'm just saying that the only thing in the universe that could actually make a difference here is money. Amy Adams Strunk is an "Adams" and so I have not one doubt that she would sell her children or advertising space on her forehead for an easy dollar. Maybe rent out the empty hole in her body that in normal people (not part of that family) contains their soul. Cal no doubt wants no part of letting go of any money unnecessarily (He is also an NFL owner after all) but if he did decide he had to have the Oiler's name, colors, and history that's the only thing he could offer her and the NFL that might interest them.

Not sure anyone cares but in my view the "best case" scenario in all that would have been..... Houston forced Bud to part with the history and identity of the Oilers the same way Cleveland kept the Browns history and identity BUT (plot twist here) The new owner was not obligated to use either of them and could choose a new name/colors if he wished. Now consider the perfect world we would be living in if the McNair's had still decided on Texans and "Steel Blue/Battle Red/Liberty White" and then later were able to use the Oilers colors as their throwback uniforms.

Everybody wins and Tennessee gets a team with a blank slate. All their "history" is made right before their eyes. Perfection! All ruined by Bud Adams greed.

Last edited:

She first tries to being back the “Houston Blue” colors to appease the fans that miss the Oilers and Luv Ya Blue days. She planned to push until the NFL starts sending cease and desist letters. She was never bringing back the colors. Now she can stop and be like sorry guys. Poor us. It’s the NFL and the Titans. We tried.

Meanwhile she put butts in seats. And got people excited to see Houston Blue. And made the Texans the victim and a division rival the bad guy. And the people who didn’t want to bring back the colors can sigh a sigh of relief.

Hannah playing 3D chess.
Except the Texans VP of marketing already said a blue related color had been approved by the NFL.

Also, Rice had not received any such letter. Probably because they got approval. There’s a lot of negative reaction currently toward both Tennessee and the NFL from outside of Houston. Lol at the Titans wearing the uniforms only for outsiders to say they should give it up.

The letter, according to the Chronicle, said the NFL and the Titans were "disappointed to learn that the Houston Cougars made unauthorized use of the Oilers Trade Dress in a manner that is likely to cause consumers to believe that the Houston Cougars are associated with, or are an authorized licensee of, the NFL and the Titans."

I think this is a big error.

Literally no one on the planet (those on the planet that have any clue about american football that is) are getting confused about any association between UofH or Rice or the Texans with the Titans because of the use of the Oilers colors. Not a one will think of the Titans first, they'll only associate the colors with the Oilers and that association is immediately linked to the former Houston football team.

I think this is a big error.

Literally no one on the planet (those on the planet that have any clue about american football that is) are getting confused about any association between UofH or Rice or the Texans with the Titans because of the use of the Oilers colors. Not a one will think of the Titans first, they'll only associate the colors with the Oilers and that association is immediately linked to the former Houston football team.

Yup, whether they like it or not, those colors are associated with the city not that garbage ass franchise. It might be different if they'd won something since they left, but they haven't. So go kick rocks Amy Adams-strunk or whatever the hell your name is.

Yup, whether they like it or not, those colors are associated with the city not that garbage ass franchise. It might be different if they'd won something since they left, but they haven't. So go kick rocks Amy Adams-strunk or whatever the hell your name is.
They did make it to a SB after they left Houston, something they never did while in Houston

Hannah playing 3D chess.
Yep,

Marketing is what she's all about.

She fits in with the McNair family well.

Just remember that Amy Adams Strunk gave 1 million dollars to the Harvey Fund and the McNair's only matched what was contributed to a Harvey Fund that they set up.

I don’t understand why the NFL money making machine wants to stop the Texans from having Oilers branding, you’d think it is far more marketable to the people of Houston and therefore fans of the Texans than those of Tennessee and fans of the Titans?

I don’t understand why the NFL money making machine wants to stop the Texans from having Oilers branding, you’d think it is far more marketable to the people of Houston and therefore fans of the Texans than those of Tennessee and fans of the Titans?

Trying to make sense of the NFL and it's decision making process won't get you very far. LOL

I'm sure that was the Titans.

Exactly. The Titans are trying to build a brand off of something that most Titan fans care little or know little about b/c most became fans of that team when they went to the SB within like the first 2-3 years of being in Tennessee. Sure there are some Houston people who transitioned over to being Titans from being Houston Oiler fans, but the overwhelming majority have little to no connection with those Oilers colors and uniforms or their history the way that most Houstonians and sports fans over 40 do.....

I liken it to the NCAA's asinine practice of taking a player's heisman back or "vacating" a team's championship.....Like people are just gonna somehow forget that this guy or team were the best that year....

Like it or not Amy, when people see those old Oiler unis, folks will always think HOUSTON, not Tennessee or the Titans. Make your own ragedy ass jersies historic by doing something other than profiting off our ****.

Exactly. The Titans are trying to build a brand off of something that most Titan fans care little or know little about b/c most became fans of that team when they went to the SB within like the first 2-3 years of being in Tennessee. Sure there are some Houston people who transitioned over to being Titans from being Houston Oiler fans, but the overwhelming majority have little to no connection with those Oilers colors and uniforms or their history the way that most Houstonians and sports fans over 40 do.....

I liken it to the NCAA's asinine practice of taking a player's heisman back or "vacating" a team's championship.....Like people are just gonna somehow forget that this guy or team were the best that year....

Like it or not Amy, when people see those old Oiler unis, folks will always think HOUSTON, not Tennessee or the Titans. Make your own ragedy ass jersies historic by doing something other than profiting off our ****.
I'm pretty sure Amy could care less what fans in Houston think since they ran her father out of town. This stuff doesn't matter to me at all.

Back