Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What is Laremy Tunsil's worth in a trade?

I think Ekwonu can play left tackle but is the perfect o guard. I hesitate to spend the third pick on a guard and that encourages me to seek a trade down as I do want him. As I have said before if I was ready to move Howard off the board I would go with Charles Cross as high as 1.3.

Ickey and Green would be great.
I have not changed my mind on Ickey but think NYG would love him at #5 so if a trade down for me; it would have to be with Jags not going OT and Neal being there for Giants. My thinking is they would go Neal at 5 hoping Ekwonu would be avail at 7 and Texans could take him at 6.

Neal scares me. I don’t think he will live up to his draft status. I just don’t.

Trade Tunsil for a number 2 this year and a 4th or 5th rounder next year, and put Howard at LT and keep him there. Then draft a guard high, Icky or whomever. Center could also be a consideration in the 2~4th round. Sign a decent FA agent guard and you’re done for this year.

Neal scares me. I don’t think he will live up to his draft status. I just don’t.

Trade Tunsil for a number 2 this year and a 4th or 5th rounder next year, and put Howard at LT and keep him there. Then draft a guard high, Icky or whomever. Center could also be a consideration in the 2~4th round. Sign a decent FA agent guard and you’re done for this year.

What scares you about Neal? He was the most dominate OL in the best conference in college football. If you dont like Neal and want a pure LT then Cross is your guy.

You seem to just want to get rid of Tunsil at any cost with this trade suggestion. Am I reading the tea leaves correctly?

good points to discuss.. I think you are saying round 2 but for me it would have to be top 40 (plus other pick) to get his value or no trade. Point 2 is I am supporting Howard for LT and have all last season and got blasted for it. Now, what if I and Texans are wrong and he's not the guy? No fall back plan at least as of now. Caserio could bring in some one like Geron Christian [hopefully significantly better]. That is why IMO we need to draft a LT who can play another position like Okwonu as you stated or Cross and both would be better. I run into problem because I also want Ahmad Gardner..2 pick for three guys at least for now.

They just re-signed center Britt so that's done.

good points to discuss.. I think you are saying round 2 but for me it would have to be top 40 (plus other pick) to get his value or no trade. Point 2 is I am supporting Howard for LT and have all last season and got blasted for it. Now, what if I and Texans are wrong and he's not the guy? No fall back plan at least as of now. Caserio could bring in some one like Geron Christian [hopefully significantly better]. That is why IMO we need to draft a LT who can play another position like Okwonu as you stated or Cross and both would be better. I run into problem because I also want Ahmad Gardner..2 pick for three guys at least for now.

They just re-signed center Britt so that's done.
I’d be happy if we were able to get Sauce and Ike. They’d be staples to build around. Howard wasn’t too bad when he took over when Tunsil wouldn’t come back, so I’d be open to seeing how he performs for an entire season at the position.

What scares you about Neal? He was the most dominate OL in the best conference in college football. If you dont like Neal and want a pure LT then Cross is your guy.

You seem to just want to get rid of Tunsil at any cost with this trade suggestion. Am I reading the tea leaves correctly?

i think he was superior in college but I fear he will be another Tunsil in the NFL. Unmotivated, lazy and living off his press clippings.

The Texans converted Tunsil's $17.85 million salary into a $16.815 million bonus with $1.035 million as his new salary. His salary cap figure drops from $26.1 million in 2022 to $17.7 million. His 2023 salary remains at $18.5 million.
Is it still 3 years with voidable years at the end?

The Texans converted Tunsil's $17.85 million salary into a $16.815 million bonus with $1.035 million as his new salary. His salary cap figure drops from $26.1 million in 2022 to $17.7 million. His 2023 salary remains at $18.5 million.
Just beat me to it. I guess it's a good thing but I really don't like pushing that money down the line in his case.

I do not think knowing that laremy tunsil is going to remain at left tackle will impact my choices in the draft as I still think we could use a very strong left guard. For me that remains Ikem Okwonu. If we got Salyer I would try him there and Ickey at RT.

agree Ikem at LG or RT is a welcomed huge upgrade over anything we’ve had for years At those positions.

Nothing pushed into the 2023 or that last year of this contract. the Texans will have decide on Tunsil beyond 2023 probably sooner than later.

Nothing pushed into the 2023 or that last year of this contract. the Texans will have decide on Tunsil beyond 2023 probably sooner than later.

Which shouldn't be a problem. I think despite what some around these parts are saying, that Tunsil is part of the long term plan. Remember the cap is going to go way up after the new TV deal and the gamblers money makes the cap not as big of an issue.

So if we retain the #3 overall in the Draft next month then OL looks to be a bit lower priority than before the decision to keep Tunsil atleast another season which likely equates to Lovie getting to choose a player for his defense with the top pick.
I dunno where would Lovie go with that pick ?

So if we retain the #3 overall in the Draft next month then OL looks to be a bit lower priority than before the decision to keep Tunsil atleast another season which likely equates to Lovie getting to choose a player for his defense with the top pick.

Hopefully Walker or Sauce.

Impossible.

By converting the majority of this year's salary & counting roughly half against this year, the other half has to be tacked on to next year. His cap hit next year is double his salary because of it.

Next offseason, they'll be looking for a true extension. Or eating $36M for him.

Impossible.

By converting the majority of this year's salary & counting roughly half against this year, the other half has to be tacked on to next year. His cap hit next year is double his salary because of it.

Next offseason, they'll be looking for a true extension. Or eating $36M for him.

yes, misread the cap figure for next year.

Well, he may be the the highest paid player on the team, but at least he's staying here .... Thank God .... he's gonna bring a ton of energy, inspiration, and leadership to this team ....let alone his pro-bowl skills and unmatched effort .... said no one ever !!

Well, he may be the the highest paid player on the team, but at least he's staying here .... Thank God .... he's gonna bring a ton of energy, inspiration, and leadership to this team ....let alone his pro-bowl skills and unmatched effort .... said no one ever !!
He may be the highest paid, but he is the ultimate teammate - about a year ago he restructured his contract as well.

Sincere question .... do we even know if George Warhop has met with the offensive linemen or better yet, worked them out, to decide if he's got the hosses in the corral, to run this new power blocking scheme ? I really can't imagine our linemen trying to execute this plan !

Sincere question .... do we even know if George Warhop has met with the offensive linemen or better yet, worked them out, to decide if he's got the hosses in the corral, to run this new power blocking scheme ? I really can't imagine our linemen trying to execute this plan !
No to working them out. Meeting them? Don't know what league rules say about this. I have heard on 610 comment that the coaching staff were engaged in watching film and evaluating the players.

Trade down if he thinks he can get either Sauce or an edge lower. I think a lot will depend on what we get in Watson trade in the area of Young Veterans. For example Brian Burns and Jeremy Chinn would remove edge rusher and Hamilton from our round one needs.

AJ Terrell would remove Sauce for example allowing us to go McCreary round 2 who ran a 4.41 U during his pro day.

Sure, but you realise it was also to help out Texans with cap space issues - which then allows for more or upgraded personnel - which helps him and the team out too.
I believe that laremy tunsil does not focus on any of that other than being paid what he thinks he's worth. Of course the cap space hopefully leads to a better roster but that is simply a side effect rather than a Cause. I am not knocking him for that by the way. I think he sees it simply as a business decision for laremy tunsil Incorporated.

I believe that laremy tunsil does not focus on any of that other than being paid what he thinks he's worth. Of course the cap space hopefully leads to a better roster but that is simply a side effect rather than a Cause. I am not knocking him for that by the way. I think he sees it simply as a business decision for laremy tunsil Incorporated.
I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

He may be the highest paid, but he is the ultimate teammate - about a year ago he restructured his contract as well.
The ultimate teammate? Lol go Watch his effort on running plays in those five games. And speaking of those five games, would the “Ultimate teammate” quit on his team after five games for an injury that was only supposed to take a few weeks to heal? He is a *****. I doubt many of the players look up to him after last year.

The ultimate teammate? Lol go Watch his effort on running plays in those five games. And speaking of those five games, would the “Ultimate teammate” quit on his team after five games for an injury that was only supposed to take a few weeks to heal? He is a *****. I doubt many of the players look up to him after last year.

He's obviously a long term piece of the rebuild according to Lovie.

Sounds like your gearing up to go after lovie?

As a white guy maybe I should ask you to throw in some affirmative action?

Your stance looks tilted.

Whoever I think is calling the final shots on personnel is who I will deem responsible. If the guy is a minority so be it, it has nothing to do with race. For instance, did you see me be critical with Culley even though I knew he was in over his head? Nope, why? because he wasn't the person in charge of calling the shots. Ultimately I'm most critical of a white old lady and her mentally challenged white son.

So you're a doctor who examined him?

Sounds like your gearing up to go after lovie?

As a white guy maybe I should ask you to throw in some reverse affirmative action?

Your stance looks tilted.
He’s only jokingly going after Lovie since Texian had this ridiculous narrative about the team structure.

You’ll see me posting a time or two that Lovie is calling the shots.

Back