Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watson’s a top 5 qb. Do you agree?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Barnwell's 2019 midseason NFL awards: Picking MVP, All-Pro teams, best rookies, more

Most Valuable Player
3. Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens

1572878536704.png
2. Deshaun Watson, QB, Houston Texans
Nobody besides McCaffrey has a more impressive highlight reel than Watson, who seems to have one jaw-dropping, instantly-viral play per week. It feels like an eternity ago, but we've all mostly forgotten about Watson nearly beating the Saints in Week 1 by guiding his offense 75 yards on two plays for what looked to be a game-winning touchdown, only for the defense to blow the lead. That would have been a signature game for most quarterbacks, but it's buried under 15 or 20 more recent instances of Watson doing something few quarterbacks in the game can do with a casual flick of his wrist or shuffle of his feet.
While he will create pressure by extending plays and was without left tackle Laremy Tunsil for Sunday's blowout victory over the Jaguars in London, we're finally getting to see what the 2017 first-round pick can do with a bit of protection. Watson's pressure rate is down from a league-high 40.9% to 30.1% this season, and while he doesn't ever seem fazed by pressure, he's unsurprisingly better when the opposing pass rush is leaving him alone. He has posted a 111.6 passer rating and an 83.9 QBR without pressure, up from 91.3 and 47.4, respectively, when he has been pressured. Watson's sack rate has also dropped from 10.9% to 7.6%, which should keep the star quarterback healthier, although that doesn't account for the plays where he takes a hit and still manages to find a receiver for a first down.

As an aside, while I'm obviously not counting any of them against Watson, I'm the one killjoy who doesn't love those plays where Watson writhes in the grasp of an opposing defender before somehow completing a pass. I know it cost the Texans a possible touchdown when Watson was called in the grasp of Justin Houston against the Colts in Week 7, wiping away what should have been a touchdown pass. It's a thankless task for officials, who have to tow an impossible line. It's incredibly fun to see what Watson can do when he extends plays.

The rest of the story

1572878929450.png
1. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
QBs who are foot happy and like to run don't last in today's NFL. I'm glad that Watson is athletic enough to squirm out of situations and make something happen, it's a rare gift. But, if you combine that with deliberately called QB running plays your starting QB will have a much shorter life span in the NFL.
The rules have changed so much in favor of protecting the QB that I think athletic QBs will have longevity in this modern league.

They are also learning how to avoid hits and slide to their advantage, as well.

And have you noticed how many plays are ending without tackles lately? The defense stops forward momentum of the ball carrier and refs blow the whistle before anyone is brought to the ground. I see it happen in just about every game. This comes from the no-contact practices from the last CBA, so they play like they practice. It will probably become more prevalent in the coming years.

I don't know about "top 5" metrics (they seem to vary from person to person), but I can say that Deshaun is on my list of five QBs I'd choose if I was starting a team. Personally, it's a short list with Watson, Wilson and Mahomes at this point.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Best case for this franchise is that OB is gone after this year and we get to see Watson with another HC/OC and different system that better utilizes his talents.

Worst case is OB stays , we hand Watson the 180M over 5 years and it turns out that he is only good off script.

I don't want to be the team that pays for Tom Brady and gets Matt Stafford.
This is the most potent post I've seen in a while. We got the jock sniffers but seriously at some point that magic will run dry or Injury settles in. Love the kid but two below doesnt last in the league. Hes gonna take a shot or hurt himself

amazing80

Hall of Fame
This is the most potent post I've seen in a while. We got the jock sniffers but seriously at some point that magic will run dry or Injury settles in. Love the kid but two below doesnt last in the league. Hes gonna take a shot or hurt himself
Lol. Color me a jock sniffer than because if you think his magic will run dry you’re not paying attention. He’s improving in every conceivable way as time goes on.

DanielTx

Veteran
Lol. Color me a jock sniffer than because if you think his magic will run dry you’re not paying attention. He’s improving in every conceivable way as time goes on.
Whats crazy.. he has the #1 passer rating out of every qb thats played the game in the history. (min 30 games)

Its best to just ignore the ppl that are concerned with him getting injured again. Hes a pocket qb thats why when guys say his playstyle will lead to injuries, its bs.
Russell, Rodgers and Farve plays the same as Deshaun. Everyone gets injured in the nfl and its going to happen to Deshaun again. Hes not taking hits when hes scrambling. Hes starting to dive more. This guys breaking records every sunday. Is in the mvp race, coming off of an afc player of the month award and people rather talk about him getting injured.. Smh whats wrong with society

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

I think Watson has all the tools …. and as you say , he's improving as time wears on.

And when OB calls a game like he did last Sunday against the Jags and Watson executes it like he did - Watson definitely belongs in that top 5 conversation.
Stats be damned , that was one of the best called and executed games I've seen and I been around this game since the way back machine …. both on the sidelines and as Joe Fan in the stands.
Romeo called a hell of a game too …..

We just haven't seen both of those things happen together very often and never when it really matters.

Where I am is wondering why …. Is it OB or is it Watson ?

eriadoc

Texan-American
Let’s be honest here. Whose playing better than Watson in the Afc? (Offense) I cant think of anyone.
Russell Wilson is very possibly playing the best ball of his career right now. Christian McCaffrey is carrying his team right now and keeping them in contention. Lamar Jackson is turning into a legitimate QB before our eyes and is having a helluva season. I think the MVP comes down to those three plus Watson. Watson's two clunkers hurt him in a bit in the season-long view, as do Jackson's. Wilson has been nails all season, as has been McCaffrey. MVP is now MVQ, I guess, so it apparently doesn't matter what CMC does.

DanielTx

Veteran
Russell Wilson is very possibly playing the best ball of his career right now. Christian McCaffrey is carrying his team right now and keeping them in contention. Lamar Jackson is turning into a legitimate QB before our eyes and is having a helluva season. I think the MVP comes down to those three plus Watson. Watson's two clunkers hurt him in a bit in the season-long view, as do Jackson's. Wilson has been nails all season, as has been McCaffrey. MVP is now MVQ, I guess, so it apparently doesn't matter what CMC does.
Wilson plays the 49ers twice, eagles, panthers, Vikings and the cardinals the remaining schedule. It’s his to lose but he’s going to face some good defenses. Cmc is the best running back rn. I feel like if saquon was putting up his numbers, the media would be pushing his mvp campaign. Not sure why cmc isn’t getting the recognition he deserves. I have him and Watson as my top mvp candidates due to them carrying there franchises. Lamar Jackson won’t win mvp. He has 12 passing tds with 5 picks. Maybe his run stats are incredible but I don’t think he’s going to catch up with the top guys

The rules have changed so much in favor of protecting the QB that I think athletic QBs will have longevity in this modern league.

They are also learning how to avoid hits and slide to their advantage, as well.

And have you noticed how many plays are ending without tackles lately? The defense stops forward momentum of the ball carrier and refs blow the whistle before anyone is brought to the ground. I see it happen in just about every game. This comes from the no-contact practices from the last CBA, so they play like they practice. It will probably become more prevalent in the coming years.

I don't know about "top 5" metrics (they seem to vary from person to person), but I can say that Deshaun is on my list of five QBs I'd choose if I was starting a team. Personally, it's a short list with Watson, Wilson and Mahomes at this point.
Good point. To add the o line is getting better as well and we are seeing more and more of Watson comfy in the pocket making all the reads he needs too. I usually get worried for mobile QBs but I can see him evolving to Russ Wilson. Russ is NEVER hurt and plays very smart when his o line is playing poorly. Watson is getting smarter, making better decisions and I have all the confidence that with a solid line in front him he will be able to make the magic plays while not tearing up his body.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Good point. To add the o line is getting better as well and we are seeing more and more of Watson comfy in the pocket making all the reads he needs too. I usually get worried for mobile QBs but I can see him evolving to Russ Wilson. Russ is NEVER hurt and plays very smart when his o line is playing poorly. Watson is getting smarter, making better decisions and I have all the confidence that with a solid line in front him he will be able to make the magic plays while not tearing up his body.

I'm not real worried about Watson getting hurt scrambling - Since that punctured lung in his rookie year - He's learned to avoid those hits. He's been real smart about getting down or out of bounds before he takes a hit.

He's much more apt to get injured in the pocket surrounded by 300lb+ behemoths than anything else.
Just look at how Mahomes got hurt …. a seemingly routine play in a big pile of bodies , same kinda play got Schaub.

If OB continues to put him in situations like he did against the Jags …. this team will win a whole lot of games and Watson is likely the MVP.

Seriously - OB is Watson's biggest hurdle …. asking him to stand in the pocket and chuck it just isn't getting the best out of him. I hope we never see that gameplan again.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm not real worried about Watson getting hurt scrambling - Since that punctured lung in his rookie year - He's learned to avoid those hits. He's been real smart about getting down or out of bounds before he takes a hit.

He's much more apt to get injured in the pocket surrounded by 300lb+ behemoths than anything else.
Just look at how Mahomes got hurt …. a seemingly routine play in a big pile of bodies , same kinda play got Schaub.

If OB continues to put him in situations like he did against the Jags …. this team will win a whole lot of games and Watson is likely the MVP.

Seriously - OB is Watson's biggest hurdle …. asking him to stand in the pocket and chuck it just isn't getting the best out of him. I hope we never see that gameplan again.
You should be worried, he's blown out both of his ACL's with this style of play and it will happen again. When? Who knows. Could be in the 1st qtr of the next game. Could be 10 yrs from now, but it's going to happen.

Watson needs to learn how to sit in the pocket, read defenses and deliver the ball accurately if he wants to improve his game. Looks like BOB said screw it I agree with Corrosion and I'm going to call plays that gives Watson the opportunity to make plays off schedule. BTW, that ain't the EP system.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Can you argue with the results ?
Nope, but your putting your QB in harms way.

Take last game and look at how many plays Watson has made outside the pocket and how much Watson has been using his feet to make those plays. This has been going on since the Atlanta game and the offense has looked much better. IMHO

Lots of Watson making throws outside the pocket/RPO's/Watson running with the ball.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Nope, but your putting your QB in harms way.

Take last game and look at how many plays Watson has made outside the pocket and how much Watson has been using his feet to make those plays. This has been going on since the Atlanta game and the offense has looked much better. IMHO

Lots of Watson making throws outside the pocket/RPO's/Watson running with the ball.
He's less likely to hurt that knee out in space than he is with all those big bodies around him …. that's a fact and I bet @CloakNNNdagger will back that statement.

He's also been much more selective about when he takes on a defender … or gets down before taking a hit. He ran the ball 7 times in the second Jags game and didn't take a hit on any of them.

Injury is the least of my concerns with Watson - What I'm looking at is the understanding of what these defenses are trying to do and how he processes that in real time - deciding where to go with the ball.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
He's less likely to hurt that knee out in space than he is with all those big bodies around him …. that's a fact and I bet @CloakNNNdagger will back that statement.

He's also been much more selective about when he takes on a defender … or gets down before taking a hit. He ran the ball 7 times in the second Jags game and didn't take a hit on any of them.

Injury is the least of my concerns with Watson - What I'm looking at is the understanding of what these defenses are trying to do and how he processes that in real time - deciding where to go with the ball.
Here is a recent article that tries to address this question.

Injury proneness of running QBs like Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson is overstated

Sporting News
20 Oct 2019, 11:47

https://goo.gl/h5bA4K
Russell Wilson is in his ninth year as a quarterback in the NFL. During that period, his team, the Seahawks, have played 118 regular-season games, and 13 more in the playoffs. Wilson has been the starting QB in 131 of those games.

That's right. All of them.

This is true even though Wilson has run the ball 744 times in his career, for an average of 5.6 yards. Some of those were scrambles away from the pass rush when no receiver appeared to be available. Some were designed runs called to take advantage of his speed and elusiveness. Some were concluded by Wilson taking a hard hit from a defender, some by Wilson dashing out of bounds or sliding like Maury Wills swiping second.

None of these plays on its own, nor all of them in totality, has dissuaded the chorus of NFL reporters, analysts and even coaches and executives from singing their favorite old song: The quarterback who runs too often puts himself in too much jeopardy for an NFL franchise to afford the risk.

The bias against the running quarterback has endured from Bobby Douglass nearly posting 1,000 rushing yards in 1972 through Randall Cunningham’s four Pro Bowls in the 1980s and ‘90s, from Michael Vick’s dazzling (though abbreviated) stay in Atlanta to Cam Newton's MVP season in 2015.

Any injury to a quarterback with genuine running talent is treated as proof of his fragility — even if it occurs while he is performing the acceptable quarterbacking task of throwing from the pocket. Any injury to a pocket-based quarterback while he is in the pocket is summarily ignored.

No less an authority than Patriots superstar Tom Brady, who once tore his ACL on a hit that occurred while he was passing from the pocket, told radio station WEEI he believes it’s important for a quarterback to remain available to a team, implying that's why he rarely runs with the ball: about one run for every 19 throws.

"A lot of quarterbacks who do run, they’re trying to make yards and it’s great," Brady said. "At the same time, you’re susceptible to big hits."

Earlier this season, Newsday’s Tom Rock wrote while discussing Giants rookie Daniel Jones, "Every time a quarterback runs with the ball in the NFL, he's putting himself in peril."
There is some logic to this.

"I mean, you are going to be getting more hits. There's no question about that," NFL analyst John Clayton of the Washington Post and 710 ESPN Seattle told Sporting News. "That’s why it’s going to be amazing to see how Lamar Jackson does because he’ll end up having more carries than Cam Newton’s 135 a few years ago. And he's not as big as Cam Newton."

It’s not entirely scientific, though. Research on NFL quarterback injuries compiled by injury coordinator John Verros at Sports Info Solutions shows the risk of a quarterback being injured on a designed run is remote — only one for every 236 plays.

The risk for a scrambling quarterback is almost equal to the quarterback who is sacked: once every 91.7 plays for the scrambler, once every 92.5 plays for the guy getting sacked.

The most dangerous play category Verros discovered is the knockdown; the quarterback who is taken to the ground while unleashing a pass, as when the Jaguars’ Nick Foles suffered a broken clavicle after being struck while releasing a pass against the Chiefs. That player is hurt once every 67.3 plays.

"I believe the risk of a running QB being more prone to injury in comparison to a pocket passer is overstated by many analysts," Verros told SN. "One caveat would be that a running QB will attempt so many rushes per game that the sheer volume will still put him at an increased risk."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The last statement is one that is ignored by too many supposed analysts. Whoever wrote this article must not have lived through or paid real close attention to the examples he mentioned............the Cunningham, Vick, and Newton injury history. Furthermore, what is not mentioned, but is noted by myself and many sports medicine physicians I have had opportunity to discuss the subject with..............scrambling as described isn't, but should be divided as to past the LOS vs behind the LOS (i.e., running around in the backfield)............the latter being a significantly higher risk for injury. This can also be in part explained by the incidence of being able to anticipate and protectively brace for a hit before and after a pass is much less when scrambling behind the LOS.

Despite what the article implies, the running/scrambling QB is far from exonerated.

Last edited:

eriadoc

Texan-American
QBs in the pocket get hits in the lower extremities, broken clavicles/separated shoulders, broken hands/injured digits, and concussions. QBs in the open field with good vision (i.e., any of them that are good) are not as susceptible to injuries as RBs, WRs, TEs, or linemen simply because the coverage is already downfield, so they have space to manuever, and the rules are skewed to protect them. RBs don't get to slide, for example. So yeah, an injury can happen on any play, but a sitting duck in the pocket is more prone to take a vicious hit than one who is operating in space and able to get down or out of bounds.

BTW, Cunningham's knee injury happened because he was trying to adhere to his coach's mandate and stay in the pocket. He's said it many times.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Do we want a QB who must have a impervious OL to sit back there and pick defences apart and be a statue, or one who can take off if the line crumbles and make accurate passes on the run?
Football players get hurt in this league including QBs.
An olineman could step on his foot and cause a linsfranc and there goes the magic.
You live with what you got and try to improve.
CnD posted an excellent article on mobile QBs above. It makes interesting reading.
The gist of it is that mobile QBs are probably less likely to have injuries like Russell Wilson for example.
Worth the read.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Do we want a QB who must have a impervious OL to sit back there and pick defences apart and be a statue, or one who can take off if the line crumbles and make accurate passes on the run?
An olineman could step on his foot and cause a linsfranc and there goes the magic.
CnD posted an excellent article on mobile QBs above. It makes interesting reading.
The gist of it is that mobile QBs are probably less likely to have injuries like Russell Wilson for example.
Worth the read.
Lol man I must have been tipsy posting that.

Oh well

Texansballer74

The Marine
All Bill O’Brien and company did was enhanced the EP system. I posted a interview with Watson saying the entire offensive team put this great plan together. (Paraphrasing) it wasn’t just O’Brien. That should tell us Bill O’Brien has set aside his pride and is finally allowing the rest of his team to have some input on the playbook. The EP system is still being ran, it’s more enhanced not simplified.

frethack

Rookie
Can you argue with the results ?
Can't argue with the results, but he will anyway.

I wonder if we have been watching the same games. Watson makes more throws from inside the pocket than before, with more timing routes and quick throws. He also gets better protection, and I see him settling into the pocket more often with time to scan the field. Most of his throws outside the pocket are designed rollouts to help an injured oline.

There are more RPO's for sure, especially in goal to go and short yardage situations.

Not sure if he is running the ball more or less, but he is running it smarter and taking the yardage before sliding or getting out of bounds. In either case, he is MUCH smarter with his body, and using his head to beat defenses more than before.

And he is doing it all while calling plays through the EP system.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Worth the read.
Wilson is a relatively poor example. He is built like a RB........huge lower and upper body musculature. As far as Lisfranc, a recent example was Cam Newton scrambling in the backfield, jumping up and coming down leaning forward down on his toes

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Worth the read.
We want a QB that runs as a last resort after he's gone through his progressions.

Funny how Brady/Brees/Manning lasted almost 2 decades and stayed relatively healthy playing this way. Heck, Doug Willis did the same thing if you want to stick with the black QB theme

Texansballer74

The Marine
Can't argue with the results, but he will anyway.

I wonder if we have been watching the same games. Watson makes more throws from inside the pocket than before, with more timing routes and quick throws. He also gets better protection, and I see him settling into the pocket more often with time to scan the field. Most of his throws outside the pocket are designed rollouts to help an injured oline.

There are more RPO's for sure, especially in goal to go and short yardage situations.

Not sure if he is running the ball more or less, but he is running it smarter and taking the yardage before sliding or getting out of bounds. In either case, he is MUCH smarter with his body, and using his head to beat defenses more than before.

And he is doing it all while calling plays through the EP system.

That's because of the great mixtures of plays that are being ran. We are seeing more shorter route conceptions . They are actually running the EP system like it it's designed. Recievers are on que with the QB, basically knowing and understanding what the defense is running. We are finally seeing some mix direction, RPO's. The main thing is the threat of Watson feet is keeping those blitzer's at bay.

frethack

Rookie
We want a QB that runs as a last resort after he's gone through his progressions.

Funny how Brady/Brees/Manning lasted almost 2 decades and stayed relatively healthy playing this way. Heck, Doug Willis did the same thing if you want to stick with the black QB theme
I dont think any one disagrees that we would rather see Watson run less...or at least protect his body when he does.

Ill see your Brady/Brees/Manning and raise you a Staubach/Elway/Tarkenton. Scrambling QBs can have longevity if they are smart...and a little lucky.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
QBs in the pocket get hits in the lower extremities, broken clavicles/separated shoulders, broken hands/injured digits, and concussions. QBs in the open field with good vision (i.e., any of them that are good) are not as susceptible to injuries as RBs, WRs, TEs, or linemen simply because the coverage is already downfield, so they have space to manuever, and the rules are skewed to protect them. RBs don't get to slide, for example. So yeah, an injury can happen on any play, but a sitting duck in the pocket is more prone to take a vicious hit than one who is operating in space and able to get down or out of bounds.

BTW, Cunningham's knee injury happened because he was trying to adhere to his coach's mandate and stay in the pocket. He's said it many times.
You just described Romo........he had sustained ALL those injuries you listed.

As far as Cunningham, as an established scrambling QB, he had already had
2 knee surgeries in college before coming into the NFL. In 1993, 2 years after the knee surgery you refer to, he suffered a shattered fibula with multiple torn an ankle ligaments.............while scrambling around in the backfield.

There are lots of college scrambling QBs that due to injuries never see the NFL. There is little doubt that most QBs coming into the NFL as scrambling QBs, as time goes on, tether their running tendencies in order to preserve longevity.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I dont think any one disagrees that we would rather see Watson run less...or at least protect his body when he does.

Ill see your Brady/Brees/Manning and raise you a Staubach/Elway/Tarkenton. Scrambling QBs can have longevity if they are smart...and a little lucky.
They all ran as a last resort.

What did Lckman and Y.A. Tittle do?

frethack

Rookie
They all ran as a last resort.

What did Lckman and Y.A. Tittle do?
After they gained experience, yes, I totally agree...they ran as a last resort.

Elway and Young did a lot of running in their first few years as they were learning to see the field. I think we are seeing the same with Watson (not comparing his ability to HOFers...just the situation).

My expectation is that there will be fewer designed runs and the RPOs will dwindle as Watson gains more experience, the oline stabilizes and the entire offense matures. Already we have seen the beginning this year.

I feel that you are comparing a young QB to HOF vets in their prime. Not a fair comparison.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
After they gained experience, yes, I totally agree...they ran as a last resort.

Elway and Young did a lot of running in their first few years as they were learning to see the field. I think we are seeing the same with Watson (not comparing his ability to HOFers...just the situation).

My expectation is that there will be fewer designed runs and the RPOs will dwindle as Watson gains more experience, the oline stabilizes and the entire offense matures. Already we have seen the beginning this year.

I feel that you are comparing a young QB to HOF vets in their prime. Not a fair comparison.
The OL has stabilized.

I get what you're saying, but I'm comparing styles of play. Rivers/Eli/Big Ben may be better examples.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Wilson is a relatively poor example. He is built like a RB........huge lower and upper body musculature. As far as Lisfranc, a recent example was Cam Newton scrambling in the backfield, jumping up and coming down leaning forward down on his toes
I get all that, but DW4 is not a stick either.
You watch even some of the elite guys like Rodgers - he prefers not to run but if he has to, he can extend plays and throw with terrific accuracy. DW4 seems to be trending very much in that direction.
Personally, I prefer a QB who is able to evade defenders - but just not have to do it too often.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The oline is stabilized because of the scheme. Getting the ball out quicker, and getting Watson out the pocket has help this entire offensive unit out.
Playing together more created the stabilization along with changing the offense to get the ball out of Watson's hand quicker. It took 5 games but the OL is looking very good. Top 10, who would've thought that investing in the OL would lead to improved OL play. Good thing is all of these guys are young and should show alot of improvement with more experience.

eriadoc

Texan-American
There are lots of college scrambling QBs that due to injuries never see the NFL. There is little doubt that most QBs coming into the NFL as scrambling QBs, as time goes on, tether their running tendencies in order to preserve longevity.
Yeah, I just don't have a problem with the way guys like Watson, Russell Wilson, Steve Young, or Fran Tarkenton scramble. There's a difference in connotation, at least in my mind, between "running QB" and "scrambling QB". A running QB makes himself a target by running down the field. A scrambling QB is slippery and tries to stay behind the LOS to make a play. Michael Vick early in his career was a running QB. Watson is a scrambling QB. I'm OK with the latter. I think the good ones tend to suffer fewer catastrophic injuries and have longer NFL careers. Maybe just a perception thing on my part.

frethack

Rookie
The OL has stabilized.

I get what you're saying, but I'm comparing styles of play. Rivers/Eli/Big Ben may be better examples.
I agree that when our best 5 are on the field, the offensive line is WAY better.

What I meant (and its my bad for not being clearer) is that the oline has had a lot of injuries this year. Last game, Chris Clark was our part time LT...thats not good lol. The starting 5 will get even better as they have more time together.