Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tracking 2024 Prospect Visits

He was raw as a pass rusher coming in to the NFL and is gaining plenty of experience.
He will be even better this season.
He's not a bust.

Despite the narrative around these parts.

If you have the ability to draft a guy this talented you do it and thank your lucky stars.

I would be happy if Caserio/Ryans came out of this draft with

1. DeJohn
2. Wilson
3. Isaac

That's if Thomas isn't available at 1-23.

Tarique Barnes LB Illinois

Link

“Underrated linebacker Tarique Barnes, a four-year starter who accumulated 189 tackles in college, had an outstanding day.

Barnes measured six-foot-one, 231 pounds, timed 4.53 seconds in the 40 and touched 34 inches in the vertical jump. He also completed 21 reps on the bench.

Barnes felt tightness in his hamstring and chose to make just one attempt at the forty and not run the three cone or shuttles so he could complete all the position drills.

He will participate in the Indianapolis Colts local visit and is drawing strong interest from the Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Washington Commanders, Houston Texans and New England Patriots.”

CB Chau-Smith Wade

Link

“JM: With the NFL Combine now in our rearview mirror, do you have any Top 30 visits coming up?

Chau-Smith Wade: I’ve been doing a lot of virtual meetings. I have in-person visits coming up with the San Francisco 49ers and New York Giants. We’re also in the process of setting up meetings with a few other organizations. We’re just waiting for those details to be solidified. I also had formal interviews at the NFL Combine with the 49ers and Buccaneers. I met with all 32 teams at the Senior Bowl as well.”

2024 Prospect Visits

WR Dimitri Stanley Iowa St (CGS)
WR Roman Wilson Michigan (SB)
WR Ainais Smith Tx A&M (SB)
WR Jacob Cowing Arizona (SB, COM)
WR Javon Baker UCF (COM)
WR Troy Franklin Oregon (COM)
WR Ladd McConkey Georgia (SB)
WR Keon Coleman FSU (COM)
WR Xavier Worthy Texas (COM)
WR Jamari Thrash Louisville (COM)
WR Brian Thomas Jr LSU (COM)
WR Luke McCaffrey Rice (SB, COM)
WR Jordan Whittington Texas (COM)

RB Kimani Vidal Troy (SB)
RB Will Shipley Clemson (COM)
RB Bucky Irving Oregon (COM)
RB Braelon Allen Wisconsin (COM)
RB Dylan Laube UH (COM)
RB MarShawn Lloyd (SB)

TE Theo Johnson Penn St (SB, COM)
TE Isaac Rex BYU (Hula)
TE Tanner McLachlan Arizona (COM)
TE Ben Sinnott KSU (SB)
TE Cade Stover OSU (COM)
TE Jaheim Bell FSU (COM)

OT Patrick Paul Houston (SB, COM)

OG X’Zauvea Gadlin Liberty (EW)
OG Doug Nester West Virginia (Hula, EW)
iOL Jalen Sundell NDSU (EW)

Edge Darius Robinson Missouri (SB, COM)
Edge Nelson Caesar Houston (SB)
Edge Gabriel Murphy UCLA(EW, COM)
Edge Jaylen Harrell Michigan (COM)
Edge Bralen Trice UW (COM)
Edge David Ugwoegbu Houston (COM)
Edge Chop Robinson Penn St (COM)
Edge Mo Kamara CSU (EW, COM)
Edge Dallas Turner Alabama (COM)
Edge Adisa Isaac Penn St (T30)

DT Myles Murphy UNC (EW)
DT Johnny Newton Illinois (COM)
DT Gabe Hall Baylor (SB)
DT Braden Fiske FSU (SB)
DT Jaden Crumedy Miss St (COM)
DT T’Vondre Swear (SB)

LB Winston Reid Weber State (Hula)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB, COM)
LB Payton Wilson NC State (SB, COM)
LB Edgerrin Cooper TX A&M (EW)
LB Jaylan Ford Texas (COM)
LB Tommy Eichenberg OSU (COM)
LB Nathanial Watson Miss St (COM)
LB Tarique Barnes Illinois (PD)
LB Jamal Hill Oregon (T30)

CB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
CB Kalen King Penn St (SB, COM)
CB Quinyon Mitchell Toledo (SB, COM)
CB Qwan’tez Stiggers CFL (EW)
CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr Louisville (SB)
CB Jarius Monroe Tulane (EW)
CB Ennis Rakestraw Missouri (COM)
CB Desmond James Auburn (SB, COM)
CB Kamari Lassiter Georgia (COM)
CB Terrion Arnold Alabama (COM)
CB Cam Hart ND (SB, COM)
CB Nate Wiggins Clemson (COM)
CB Mike Sainristil Michigan (COM)
CB Kool-Aid McKinstry Alabama (COM)
CB Chau-Smith Wade WSU (SB)

S Malik Mustapha Wake Forest (SB, COM)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)
S Cole Bishop Utah (SB, COM)
S Beau Brade Maryland (COM)
S Tyler Owens TTU (COM)
S Kamren Kinchens Miami (COM)
S Tyler Nubin Minnesota (COM)

CGS- College Gridiron Showcase
Hula- Hula Bowl
EW- East West Shrine Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl
COM- Combine
T30- Top 30 Visit
PD- Pro Day

Devin Leary QB Kentucky

Link

JM: That’s an outstanding answer. With the NFL Combine now in our rearview mirror, you’ve alluded to having some upcoming visits with teams.

Devin Leary: Between the NFL Combine and the East-West Shrine Bowl, I believe I’ve met with all 32 teams. I’ve also been doing follow-up virtual visits where we’re going through my film and the offense at Kentucky. I have a few more Zoom visits lined up. I look forward to taking some in-person Top 30 visits as well.

Beaux Limmer iOL Arkansas
Brady Latham OL Arkansas

Link

“Limmer entered the season with solid grades off the 2022 season, when he won numerous awards for his play. He was forced to switch to center, as no one else on the team was deemed capable of being the starting snapper. The belief is that Limmer will be a bargain in the middle of Day 3 by a team that moves him back to his natural position of guard.

The Houston Texans and New York Jets have shown a ton of interest in Limmer. The Dallas Cowboys have also done a lot of work on the offensive lineman.”

Latham was graded as a Day 2 pick entering the season, but he struggled and watched his draft stock drop. Arkansas coaches have been telling NFL scouts that Latham was asked to help the Razorbacks starting left tackle, Andrew Chamblee, which resulted in his struggles. Chamblee is no longer with the Arkansas program and has seemingly retired from football.

Latham timed 5.24 seconds in the 40, .07 seconds faster than his combine mark, and completed 23 reps on the bench press. The Minnesota Vikings and Houston Texans have shown interest in Latham throughout the predraft process.”

CJ Hanson iOL Holy Cross

Link

“JM: I love that answer. With the NFL Combine now a thing of the past, do you have any upcoming Top 30 visits?

C.J. Hanson: We’re scheduling my visits after the Pro Day. I’m meeting with the New York Giants right before Pro Day. I believe all 32 teams will be in attendance. We have a wide receiver at Holy Cross that’s an NFL player. Dylan Laube from New Hampshire will also be performing. It’s going to be a great showing.

Between the Shrine Bowl and the NFL Combine, I’ve met with all 32 offensive line coaches.”

Darius Muasau, LB UCLA

Link

“Darius Muasau, the middle linebacker I mentioned several times during Shrine Bowl practice, continued to impress NFL teams. His forty closed as fast as 4.68 seconds, slightly better than his electronic time of 4.70 seconds at the Combine. Muasau timed 7.23 seconds in the three cone and 4.41 seconds in the short shuttle. He, along with others, was put through position drills for 45 minutes by Patriots linebacker coach Drew Wilkins, and Muasau looked good. He spent time with the Houston Texans and Miami Dolphins after pro day as both teams have shown interest.”

Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale

Link

“JM: You’re versatile that way. With the NFL Combine now in our rearview mirror, do you have any upcoming Top 30 visits?

Kiran Amegadjie: I have a few scheduled for April. I’ll be in Cleveland for a visit with the Browns. I’ll be back home in Chicago for a visit with the Bears. I’m also going to be in Washington, D.C.

I think I have a few more on the books, about three or four more visits that we’re still scheduling right now. I also had 10 formals at the NFL Combine. I met with every team at least informally.”

2024 Prospect Visits

QB Devin Leary Kentucky (EW)

WR Dimitri Stanley Iowa St (CGS)
WR Roman Wilson Michigan (SB)
WR Ainais Smith Tx A&M (SB)
WR Jacob Cowing Arizona (SB, COM)
WR Javon Baker UCF (COM)
WR Troy Franklin Oregon (COM)
WR Ladd McConkey Georgia (SB)
WR Keon Coleman FSU (COM)
WR Xavier Worthy Texas (COM)
WR Jamari Thrash Louisville (COM)
WR Brian Thomas Jr LSU (COM)
WR Luke McCaffrey Rice (SB, COM)
WR Jordan Whittington Texas (COM)

RB Kimani Vidal Troy (SB)
RB Will Shipley Clemson (COM)
RB Bucky Irving Oregon (COM)
RB Braelon Allen Wisconsin (COM)
RB Dylan Laube UH (COM)
RB MarShawn Lloyd (SB)

TE Theo Johnson Penn St (SB, COM)
TE Isaac Rex BYU (Hula)
TE Tanner McLachlan Arizona (COM)
TE Ben Sinnott KSU (SB)
TE Cade Stover OSU (COM)
TE Jaheim Bell FSU (COM)

OT Patrick Paul Houston (SB, COM)
OT Kiran Amegadjie Yale (COM)

OG X’Zauvea Gadlin Liberty (EW)
OG Doug Nester West Virginia (Hula, EW)
iOL Jalen Sundell NDSU (EW)
iOL Beaux Limmer Arkansas (PD)
iOL Brady Latham Arkansas (PD)
iOL CJ Hanson Holy Cross (EW)

Edge Darius Robinson Missouri (SB, COM)
Edge Nelson Caesar Houston (SB)
Edge Gabriel Murphy UCLA(EW, COM)
Edge Jaylen Harrell Michigan (COM)
Edge Bralen Trice UW (COM)
Edge David Ugwoegbu Houston (COM)
Edge Chop Robinson Penn St (COM)
Edge Mo Kamara CSU (EW, COM)
Edge Dallas Turner Alabama (COM)
Edge Adisa Isaac Penn St (T30)

DT Myles Murphy UNC (EW)
DT Johnny Newton Illinois (COM)
DT Gabe Hall Baylor (SB)
DT Braden Fiske FSU (SB)
DT Jaden Crumedy Miss St (COM)
DT T’Vondre Sweat (SB)

LB Winston Reid Weber State (Hula)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB, COM)
LB Payton Wilson NC State (SB, COM)
LB Edgerrin Cooper TX A&M (EW, T30)
LB Jaylan Ford Texas (COM)
LB Tommy Eichenberg OSU (COM)
LB Nathanial Watson Miss St (COM)
LB Tarique Barnes Illinois (PD)
LB Jamal Hill Oregon (T30)
LB Darius Muasau UCLA (PD)

CB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
CB Kalen King Penn St (SB, COM)
CB Quinyon Mitchell Toledo (SB, COM)
CB Qwan’tez Stiggers CFL (EW, T30)
CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr Louisville (SB)
CB Jarius Monroe Tulane (EW)
CB Ennis Rakestraw Missouri (COM)
CB Desmond James Auburn (SB, COM)
CB Kamari Lassiter Georgia (COM)
CB Terrion Arnold Alabama (COM)
CB Cam Hart ND (SB, COM)
CB Nate Wiggins Clemson (COM)
CB Mike Sainristil Michigan (COM)
CB Kool-Aid McKinstry Alabama (COM)
CB Chau-Smith Wade WSU (SB)

S Malik Mustapha Wake Forest (SB, COM)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)
S Cole Bishop Utah (SB, COM)
S Beau Brade Maryland (COM)
S Tyler Owens TTU (COM)
S Kamren Kinchens Miami (COM)
S Tyler Nubin Minnesota (COM)

CGS- College Gridiron Showcase
Hula- Hula Bowl
EW- East West Shrine Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl
COM- Combine
T30- Top 30 Visit
PD- Pro Day

Love this guy and would spend 4-123 on him. Maybe even trade up to the bottom of the 3rd/top of the 4th. to get him.
I'm very curious where he'll land because I'm having a hard time finding an estimate of where he'll be taken. But he's 22, has good measureables, performed well at the Shrine Bowl, and has professional playing experience. I'll be following his career because he's taken such an unusual route to the NFL, but I'm hoping he lands with the Texans.

I'm very curious where he'll land because I'm having a hard time finding an estimate of where he'll be taken. But he's 22, has good measureables, performed well at the Shrine Bowl, and has professional playing experience. I'll be following his career because he's taken such an unusual route to the NFL, but I'm hoping he lands with the Texans.
Does he land on the waiver wire?

I've read that he's eligible for the draft and he has top 30 visits with the Texans and a couple of other teams. I'm not sure why he can't just sign with a team, but maybe there's some sort of rule against it.
Nothing official, but Stiggers graduated high school in 2020. That would mean he's 4 years out of school. Stiggers could have opted in for the 2023 draft, but did not. Assuming Stiggers does not have college eligibility left (who knows what those rules are anymore), Stiggers should be automatically eligible for the draft. Similar to the situation of former Panther draft pick Kenny Robinson, who played two years at West Virginia, sat out a season, then played one season with the USFL.

Jackson is being underrated in the pre-draft discussion. There are just a few true 2 gap DTs in this draft, and he's one of them. Got more pass rush ability than you'd think. I think he's off the board by the end of Day 2.
I think he’s a day 3 DT. He didn’t have as good of a yeah as he had hoped, so he’ll get pushed down the board to rounds 4-5.

Michael Jerrell OL

Link

“Michael Jerrell, the small-school lineman from the University of Findlay, took part in the workout Wednesday. Jerrell, who measured 6-foot-4 and 309 pounds, timed as fast as 4.89 seconds in the 40, 4.74 seconds in the short shuttle and 7.96 seconds in the three-cone. His vertical jump was 32 inches and he completed 29 reps on the bench press (arm length 33 7/8 inches). He looked good in position drills, which were run by the Cincinnati Bengals. Some told me Jerrell looked better than Ohio State guard Matthew Jones.

Jerrell was graded as a PFA coming into the season. He has the power gap style yet enough athleticism to block on the second level. He met with the Houston Texans most of the morning before the pro day started.”

Michael Jerrell, the small-school lineman from the University of Findlay
Sorry, I had to double check this, just to make sure you weren't making up schools and players.

University of Findlay is real. In Ohio. Since 1882! (Their exclamation point, not mine).

Michael Jerrell is real. Played six seasons for the Oilers. That's right, the Findlay Oilers! He's a legacy, Nick has to sign him.

Texas Pro Day

Link
Xavier Worrhy WR

“Worthy was with the Cowboys on Tuesday night after spending the bulk of Monday afternoon with the Bears, Texans and Patriots. After practice Wednesday, he met extensively with the Steelers and Colts.”

Ja’Tavion Sanders TE Texas

“Sanders was smooth and caught the ball well, something he did his entire career for Texas. The Patriots, Colts and Texans met at length with Sanders, as did the Dolphins.”

Christian Jones OT Texas

“Offensive tackle Christian Jones was drilled by the New Orleans Saints, and he looked good. Teams are looking at him as a right tackle on Sundays. One team keen on Jones is the Houston Texans, who could use the 86th pick to draft him.”

Jaylan Ford LB Texas

“Linebacker Jaylan Ford had a terrific day. His 40 times clocked between 4.63 to 4.68 seconds, better than expected. He touched 10-foot-6 in the broad, timed the short shuttle in the low 4.2-second area and did 7.1 seconds in the three-cone. Ford also completed 18 reps on the bench.
Ford gutted out position drills and looked very good despite the recommendation he sit them out. Ford, who suffered a significant groin injury during the 2023 season, had just 10 days of workouts to prepare for pro day as he continues to return from the injury.

He was unable to work out at the combine. Ford met with the Saints, Vikings and Texans over the last two days.”

Last edited:
Baker isn’t one of my top choices, but he isn’t on my “No list”
Mine either, if they don't get an impact guy early then aker is a guy I would draft at the end of the 4th rd. Give me Whittington instead in the 5th-6th .

Mine either, if they don't get an impact guy early then aker is a guy I would draft at the end of the 4th rd. Give me Whittington instead in the 5th-6th .
For day 3 guys I like:

Luke McCaffrey Rice
Josh Cephus UTSA
Jalen Coker Holy Cross
Hayden Hatten Idao
Jordan Whittington Texas

Different skillsets for each of them, but I personally hope they address WR on day 2 though.

Back