Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tracking 2024 Prospect Visits

Here’s a condensed list to help with not having to scroll.

2024 Prospect Visits

WR Dimitri Stanley Iowa St (CGS)
LB Winston Reid Weber State (Hula)
DB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)
CB Kalen King Penn St (SB)
WR Roman Wilson Michigan (SB)
CB Quinyon Mitchell Toledo (SB)
DE Darius Robinson Missouri (SB)
WR Ainais Smith Tx A&M (SB)

CGS- College Gridiron Showcase
Hula- Hula Bowl
EW- East West Shrine Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl

2024 Prospect Visits

DB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB)
WR Jacob Cowing Arizona (SB)
TE Theo Johnson Penn St (SB)
LB Payton Wilson NC State (SB)
CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr Louisville (SB)
OT Patrick Paul Houston (SB)

Hula- Hula Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl

30 1/8” arms?! He is a T Rex![/B]

8Payton Wilson6041234930 1/876 1/8

Yeah, but it didn't stop him from getting the Chuck Bednarik award.
I remember a first round pick from several years ago who also had T Rex arms, Chris Borland(?) and it didn't stop him from having a great rookie season.
I think he suffered a concussion or three and he retired before his sophomore season.

I remember a first round pick from several years ago who also had T Rex arms, Chris Borland(?) and it didn't stop him from having a great rookie season.
I think he suffered a concussion or three and he retired before his sophomore season.

That’s a nice story. And Cashman has short arms too. An outlier on your team here and there is fine. But you don’t build your team on it. Data is pretty clear on pro bowl LBs and 32” arms being benchmark. I posted it in the past if you’d like to search around for it.

I’d expect Wilson to be there day 2 if the Texans want him. And if they want him i’d expect him to be a direct replacement for Cashman.

2024 Prospect Visits

DB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)
W
R Ainais Smith Tx A&M (SB)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB)

Hula- Hula Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl
Patrick Paul

That’s a nice story. And Cashman has short arms too. An outlier on your team here and there is fine. But you don’t build your team on it. Data is pretty clear on pro bowl LBs and 32” arms being benchmark. I posted it in the past if you’d like to search around for it.

I’d expect Wilson to be there day 2 if the Texans want him. And if they want him i’d expect him to be a direct replacement for Cashman.
Nerds saying nerds things. Dudes a great player if he can stay healthy. By day 2 do you mean rd 2? I'm hoping Ryans can have a LB corps of Cashman, Wilson, Harris. That's going to be a LB corps that's one of the best in the NFL if healthy.

I think he goes in late rd 2 or early rd 3.

2024 Prospect Visits

DB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB)
S Malik Mustapha Wake Forest (SB)
Edge Nelson Caesar Houston (SB)
Qwan’tez Stiggers CFL (EW)

Hula- Hula Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl

2024 Prospect Visits

DB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB)

Hula- Hula Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl
I noticed the absence of RBs on the list - possibly because they're targeting one in FA?...

I noticed the absence of RBs on the list - possibly because they're targeting one in FA?...
Possibly. It’s also early in the draft season, so 1) we could have just not seen any reports yet or 2) we aren’t going to address that position in the draft.

I’m very interested on what we’re going to do in FA.

Possibly. It’s also early in the draft season, so 1) we could have just not seen any reports yet or 2) we aren’t going to address that position in the draft.

I’m very interested on what we’re going to do in FA.
Over all it's a weak RB class at the top. There are some guys that are going to have careers though. If I had to bet Gore Jr and Laube are 2 of the guys.

Nerds saying nerds things. Dudes a great player if he can stay healthy. By day 2 do you mean rd 2? I'm hoping Ryans can have a LB corps of Cashman, Wilson, Harris. That's going to be a LB corps that's one of the best in the NFL if healthy.

I think he goes in late rd 2 or early rd 3.

Nerds buy into S2 hype during draft season instead of play on the field. Feel free to name all the pro bowl LBs with sub 32” arms though.

Arm length is just a reality of playing the position. You’re at a disadvantage shedding blockers and wrapping up to tackle. I’m fine with one T rex outlier at LB, but I don’t want to field a unit of LBs that are outliers and get disappointed when things don’t work out.

Over all it's a weak RB class at the top. There are some guys that are going to have careers though. If I had to bet Gore Jr and Laube are 2 of the guys.
Not a strong class this year but I do like Blake Corum - I think he will be pretty good.
I have gone away from Benson a bit since I learned of his injury history.
Several others could be very useful including Audric Estimae, Johnathan Brooks, Bucky Irving and Braelon Allen.
Next tier down and possibly good value down lower include Ray Davis, Jaylen Wright and Jawhar Jordan.

[
That's one scrawny LB. Maybe he can play safety.
Shades of the "mad stork" who was (get this), a 6' 7" 220 lb LB and a dam good one.
OK that was like 40 - 50 years ago so Wilson isn't the first 'backer with that type of weird
Physiqe.

Nerds buy into S2 hype during draft season instead of play on the field. Feel free to name all the pro bowl LBs with sub 32” arms though.

Arm length is just a reality of playing the position. You’re at a disadvantage shedding blockers and wrapping up to tackle. I’m fine with one T rex outlier at LB, but I don’t want to field a unit of LBs that are outliers and get disappointed when things don’t work out.
Watch him play

I think you'll be impressed.

Borland went in the 3rd rd didn't he?

2024 Prospect Visits

DB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB)

Hula- Hula Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl

I like seeing Roman Wilson and Jacob Cowing on this list. I think the Texans will make sure they have insurance in case Tank misses time. And when Tank is healthy… going to be tough to cover a WR trio like Nico/Tank/Wilson or Cowing. Guys who can get separation and create explosive plays.

Would love to see them added to this offense where Slowik has a knack for scheming WRs wide open and Stroud gets them the ball in stride.

I see Wilson going late 1st high 2nd when draft season is over. Cowing probably mid-late 3rd.

Reactions: JB
I like seeing Roman Wilson and Jacob Cowing on this list. I think the Texans will make sure they have insurance in case Tank misses time. And when Tank is healthy… going to be tough to cover a WR trio like Nico/Tank/Wilson or Cowing. Guys who can get separation and create explosive plays.

Would love to see them added to this offense where Slowik has a knack for scheming WRs wide open and Stroud gets them the ball in stride.

I see Wilson going late 1st high 2nd when draft season is over. Cowing probably mid-late 3rd.
I’d love to see Ricky Pearsall (6’1 193) on this list as well. He performed well at the senior bowl with great route running and sticky hands.

2024 Prospect Visits

Edge Gabriel Murphy (EW)

LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB)

CB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
CB Qwan’tez Stiggers CFL (EW)

S Mark Perry TCU (EW)

Hula- Hula Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl

OL Doug Nester West Virginia

Link

JM: That’s awesome. Which NFL teams did you meet with extensively at the Shrine Bowl?

Doug Nester: I really enjoyed meeting with all of the teams. It was actually my second interview process because I attended the Hula Bowl as well.

As I try to narrow that down, I had some really good meetings with the New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Green Bay Packers. I also enjoyed my time with the Houston Texans at the Hula Bowl. Those were some of the standout interviews.

Back