Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tracking 2024 Prospect Visits

CB Jarius Monroe Tulane

JM: You sure did. I believe you met with every team at the East-West Shrine Bowl. Did any of those team meetings particularly stand out? Did you feel some teams showed more interest in you than others?

Jarius Monroe: With my type of personality, I wake up happy (laughs). I thank God for giving me that opportunity to be there and meet with the teams. Every interview felt genuine to me. I was just so happy to be in that situation and to give them a piece of me. Everyone I come in contact with is because of God. Even if we never talk again, I appreciate that interaction.

I felt like every interview was a great interview. The energy I received from every team was amazing. A lot of teams saw me as a great talent. They liked what they saw from me throughout the week. Some of the teams hadn’t heard of me until I played great at the Shrine Bowl. They fell in love with my personality.

Every team loved the type of vibe I was giving off. I had a great time with the Commanders, Broncos, Raiders, Bills, and Steelers, to name a few. Those are some of the meetings that stood out to me, but I had a great time with every team I met with. My coach on the West Team was a coach with the Commanders, so I especially spent a lot of time with Washington. The vibe was so genuine.”Link

2024 Prospect Visits

WR Dimitri Stanley Iowa St (CGS)
WR Roman Wilson Michigan (SB)
WR Ainais Smith Tx A&M (SB)
WR Jacob Cowing Arizona (SB)

TE Theo Johnson Penn St (SB)
TE Isaac Rex BYU (Hula)

OT Patrick Paul Houston (SB)

OG Doug Nester West Virginia (Hula, EW)

DE Darius Robinson Missouri (SB)
Edge Nelson Caesar Houston (SB)
Edge Gabriel Murphy (EW)

LB Winston Reid Weber State (Hula)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB)
LB Payton Wilson NC State (SB)
LB Edgerrin Cooper (EW)

CB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
CB Kalen King Penn St (SB)
CB Quinyon Mitchell Toledo (SB)
CB Qwan’tez Stiggers CFL (EW)
CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr Louisville (SB)
CB Jarius Monroe Tulane (EW)

S Malik Mustapha Wake Forest (SB)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)

CGS- College Gridiron Showcase
Hula- Hula Bowl
EW- East West Shrine Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl

X’Zauvea Gadlin OL Liberty

Link

X’Zauvea Gadlin: A few of them, yeah. It doesn’t necessarily mean those are the only teams that like me. Every scout has a different personality and interview tactics. Approaches can differ.

I felt pretty good about a lot of those meetings. I had a really good interview with the Cardinals, Texans, Cowboys, and Giants. Honestly, I had a lot of really good interviews with a bunch of teams. I feel like my story is fairly unique and people haven’t necessarily heard it yet. It made for pretty good conversations.

“JM: You probably met with every team in attendance. Was there a handful of teams you felt a great connection with? The vibe was just different?

Kimani Vidal: There were a good amount of teams I felt that way about. That was my first time meeting most of those teams and scouts. It was a great, positive experience. I had great meetings with the Browns, Chargers, Texans, and the Bills.”

They seem to be visiting with a lot of the Edge prospects. Greenard's probably gone if his price tag gets in the 20 mil range.
There's talent at Edge rusher, but there's a higher level of risk. There's risk with Turner and Verse that they may not be hand in the dirt guys in a base defense. Chop Robinson doesn't have a lot of production. Booker doesn't have much experience. Darius Robinson might be a jack of all trades, master of none. Greenard will produce more than these guys in 2024. But all these young guys have more upside.

2024 Prospect Visits

WR Dimitri Stanley Iowa St (CGS)
WR Roman Wilson Michigan (SB)
WR Ainais Smith Tx A&M (SB)
WR Jacob Cowing Arizona (SB)

RB Kimani Vidal Troy (SB)

TE Theo Johnson Penn St (SB)
TE Isaac Rex BYU (Hula)

OT Patrick Paul Houston (SB)

OG X’Zauvea Gadlin Liberty (EW)
OG Doug Nester West Virginia (Hula, EW)

DE Darius Robinson Missouri (SB, COM)
Edge Nelson Caesar Houston (SB)
Edge Gabriel Murphy UCLA(EW)
Edge Jaylen Harrell Michigan (COM)
Edge Bralen Trice UW (COM)
Edge David Ugwoegbu Houston (COM)
Edge Chop Robinson Penn St (COM)

DT Myles Murphy UNC (EW)
DT Johnny Newton Illinois (COM)
DT Gabe Hall Baylor (SB)
DT Braden Fiske FSU ((SB)

LB Winston Reid Weber State (Hula)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB, COM)
LB Payton Wilson NC State (SB, COM)
LB Edgerrin Cooper TX A&M (EW)
LB Jaylan Ford Texas (COM)
LB Tommy Eichenberg OSU (COM)
LB Nathanial Watson Miss St (COM)

CB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
CB Kalen King Penn St (SB)
CB Quinyon Mitchell Toledo (SB)
CB Qwan’tez Stiggers CFL (EW)
CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr Louisville (SB)
CB Jarius Monroe Tulane (EW)

S Malik Mustapha Wake Forest (SB)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW)

CGS- College Gridiron Showcase
Hula- Hula Bowl
EW- East West Shrine Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl
COM- Combine

They seem to be visiting with a lot of the Edge prospects. Greenard's probably gone if his price tag gets in the 20 mil range.
There's talent at Edge rusher, but there's a higher level of risk. There's risk with Turner and Verse that they may not be hand in the dirt guys in a base defense. Chop Robinson doesn't have a lot of production. Booker doesn't have much experience. Darius Robinson might be a jack of all trades, master of none. Greenard will produce more than these guys in 2024. But all these young guys have more upside.

Agree with both posts.
Greenard is a plus starter. But when allocating resources, I trust in the scheme producing plus starters on the edge more often than not. If they are sinking 20 million into a player I would rather get an interior DL for that price like Wilkins and draft an edge/sign a guy like Barnett to platoon with the rookie.

Back