Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Houston Texans Draft Days Discussion Thread

Malik to TENN.
That’s a great, smart pick. He can sit and learn and you just know Tannehill is going to choke sooner than later.
This just in Tannehill demands a trade! Two seconds later he retired and 3 seconds later came out of retirement but still demands trade unless given 5 % of team and allowed to pick his own coach.

This just in Tannehill demands a trade! Two seconds later he retired and 3 seconds later came out of retirement but still demands trade unless given 5 % of team and allowed to pick his own coach.
Seriously. Tannehill is already sweating.
What was cool is they already had Maliks player comp on NFL Network as Steve McNair….
Willis trajectory is looking just like Russel Wilson’s.
Bye Ryan…

What was cool is they already had Maliks player comp on NFL Network as Steve McNair….
Bye Ryan…
Willis has a Loooong way to go before he is ready to play in the NFL. I kept reading that he blew it out at his pro day. Then I watched it and was stunned at how slow and sloppy his footwork was. Yes he has a great arm but he was never asked to read a defense. He was one read and let it go or take off. He’s at his best when he’s on the move. He apparently is pretty smart though (34 wonderlick) so maybe he will pick it up sooner than I think.

Willis has a Loooong way to go before he is ready to play in the NFL. I kept reading that he blew it out at his pro day. Then I watched it and was stunned at how slow and sloppy his footwork was. Yes he has a great arm but he was never asked to read a defense. He was one read and let it go or take off. He’s at his best when he’s on the move. He apparently is pretty smart though (34 wonderlick) so maybe he will pick it up sooner than I think.
A long way could be 1 year. Not saying he is in this class, but the Packers thought Rodgers wasn't going to be that dude with his delivery and the Tedford touch. They drafted 2 qb's the year they were turning the team over to Rodgers in Brohm and Flynn.

Bye Ryan…
no Tannehill is not sweating Willis, he has $56 million coming next two seasons and then can go where he wants for a decent contract. Willis needs to take advantage of being better spot than Wilson at Jets was in.

A long way could be 1 year. Not saying he is in this class, but the Packers thought Rodgers wasn't going to be that dude with his delivery and the Tedford touch. They drafted 2 qb's the year they were turning the team over to Rodgers in Brohm and Flynn.
Willis just needs an NFL team to train him up.
He’s an excellent kid with a high IQ, he will be fine but he does need work.

Spiller and Zeus still there. Team still lack speed on offense

It’s a multi year rebuild for sure. I dig the draft overall. But next year we really need to attack the offense with an infusion of speed and a legit stud RB.

this is a better team post draft no question, but we have a good ways to go to be a contender. Baby steps, Rome wasn’t built in a day and any other cliche you like.

no Tannehill is not sweating Willis, he has $56 million coming next two seasons and then can go where he wants for a decent contract. Willis needs to take advantage of being better spot than Wilson at Jets was in.
I think he’s sweating him cause he’s not a cold blooded killer. He’s not the answer. But he does have a stacked wallet…

Well doesnt seem we did a lot to help our potential QB of the future. Maybe their tanking for Levis next year?

It’s a multi year rebuild for sure. I dig the draft overall. But next year we really need to attack the offense with an infusion of speed and a legit stud RB.

this is a better team post draft no question, but we have a good ways to go to be a contender. Baby steps, Rome wasn’t built in a day and any other cliche you like.
This offense is going to be a little better, but its still going to be a bad offense unless Mills take a quantum leap into a top 12 qb or so

Yeah the smart people knew that coming in.
It will like take one more draft after that to fill the holes after failures, departures, etc,.

Yeah, I’m surprised he lasted that long.
Admittedly, INDY is killing it. That was expensive though.
Indy is just adding pieces for their run to the title. If Ryan plays well, which i expect and the fact his accuracy can be off sometimes, thats why they have a basketball team outside. They're going to be lethal because they can run on anyone and that defense. Indy is going to have a light box all the time and that's going to be a problem for the league.

With how RBs have still fallen I’m a big fan of Kyren Williams. No, clearly not a burner but could turn into an Arian-like UDFA at this rate and as good of an option as the remaining RBs for cheaper.

Grab another WR or OL

Back