Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Houston Texans Draft Days Discussion Thread

I selfishly wanted Nakobe Dean at 37… definitely in trade up but he is still on the board so NFL disagrees with me.

Texans two biggest needs left were WR and edge rusher and they got arguably the most polished WR in the draft who was a stud in the SEC past two seasons gaining a sizeable target share competing with multiple first round picks.

Texans felt differently about need for edge than I did. Beyond the “big 3” all their other guys brought in were day 2/3 prospects. Team knows they can’t fix everything but are going with what is best on their board. I’ll allow Caserio to go down swinging as he said. Fun to watch on draft night!
Just remember, we have 2 more years of this rebuild, we can't get everyone we want this year. I think we've added some talent and still have a ways to go in this draft.

Lots of options coming. Even though we don’t outright need a LB, would be fun to get Dean as an alpha for this young incoming defense.

Yes we have Metchie, but Tolbert and Bell are also sitting right there too. Would be nice to get one more weapon outside. Good RBs are still plentiful out there for later (like Brian Robinson).

Lovie is in charge down on Kirby lol. Little help for this offense compared to the D. I like the LB we choose in a vacuum, but Dean is available. I also haven’t seen what we gave up. I don’t get these trade Ups.

The good news is we should have a decent defense this year. Long way to go on offense. We will be slightly better, but long way to go. I thought they wanted to give Mills some real weaponry to see if he is the guy. Guess not.

Tomorrow we go RB and TE. Still some value there.

Lovie is in charge down on Kirby lol. Little help for this offense compared to the D. I like the LB we choose in a vacuum, but Dean is available. I also haven’t seen what we gave up. I don’t get these trade Ups.

The good news is we should have a decent defense this year. Long way to go on offense. We will be slightly better, but long way to go. I thought they wanted to give Mills some real weaponry to see if he is the guy. Guess not.

Tomorrow we go RB and TE. Still some value there.
Next pick will be offense. Do we trade up with #4/107 for a RB?

Pierce 4.3 at 6'3 along with Woods at 6'7 and 4.5 to go with Pittman and that run game plus defense and Ryan, the Colts are going to win this division by 3 games easily.

107, maybe a trade up, will be last chance to get Kinnard. RB will be available at 170. Which would be better. Texans did not interview Kinnard.

Back