Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You've banned me before when I said something like Kubiak sucks and threatened to fight me.
I’ve given you warnings. After so many warnings you’re put in time out. It’s semantics, I know. But I don’t have anything saying “one more warning & this guy will be banned.”

I don’t know who else has given you warnings. I don’t take an action thinking, “let me ban Steelbtexan”

I think, “yep, he broke that rule again, let me give him a warning.”

You are notified when you get a warning. You should know if you’ve gotten 4 warnings in the last 30 days you’ll be banned if you get one more, therefore if you break the rules that 5th time it is you who banned yourself.

Kinda suicide by cop

badboy

Hall of Fame
It seems as if some are going to say what they are going to say and then whimper about the consequences. Sort of like bragging and complaining about warnings in same breath. Probably would not change anything but could be interesting if all could see how many warnings one has right there with number of messages and responses.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I see nothing in the moderator logs .... No clue why you can't respond to that thread.

Next time send me a PM instead of going off the rails of the common sense train and getting yourself put in time out.

Let that be a lesson. Skip all grievances and forward your complaints to Corrosion.

Maybe that's fair. I would ask in return that your mods aren't condescending as f (they admitted as much.)

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Let that be a lesson. Skip all grievances and forward your complaints to Corrosion.

Maybe that's fair. I would ask in return that your mods aren't condescending as f (they admitted as much.)
Bring any and all complaints to me.

Attacking mods just leads to bans, which is something I'd like to avoid at all times. Thanks.

powda

Self ban request:

With a new coach and a new qb, there are a number of outrageously stupid expectations. I suppose that can't be helped. While I understand the leap of faith, I have not forgotten the 2 decade disaster that proceeds today.

It's probably best to give me a 3 day ban prior to lashing out at all of the ignorant rainbow smoking, Stroud slurping, Houston hopity bandwagoners.

Hope is a good thing. Just dont let it cloud your better judgment and make it forget our pathetic history.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I was told his pestering posts where my fault and I should not engage him, so I no longer do. However, I still see a bazillion posts chock full of his tears daily when others choose to engage him. This entire message board should just be named after him.

And on the other side of the spectrum, we have Buckeye Homer who actually contributes worthwhile things to these pages and he gets potentially run off.
Hey watch out there now or some will say he’s living rent free in your mind. Lol

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Drivel? Wow. Ok. I'll stop posting so as not to offend you further.

I always thought that good moderators engendered discussion rather than annihilate discussion. You obviously don't share that view. So long.
Don’t stop posting.

The mods here do the best they can and some days they are more human than mods. At the end of the day they are fans just like you and I.

Just lower your expectations and don’t pay them any mind.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Drivel? Wow. Ok. I'll stop posting so as not to offend you further.

I always thought that good moderators engendered discussion rather than annihilate discussion. You obviously don't share that view. So long.
Dude really?

I’m glad you post here but if someone saying one thing negative about your opinion runs you off then maybe you are better off finding a “nicer” bar.

I hope you come back though, going to be a fun time watching CJ grow into a pro!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You are correct. It still amazes me how some defend him.
That's not a defense of anyone or anything. We get to choose what we discuss here. We, the members of this board.

Moderators attempt to keep those discussions within the rules.

You respond to stupid discussions that stupid discussion perpetuates. That point you're referencing in the post I'm quoting.

By responding you're saying, "this is the conversation I want to have."

If you don't want to have that conversation, don't.

BattleRedBlud

Blue Steel Pose. No Excuses!
That's not a defense of anyone or anything. We get to choose what we discuss here. We, the members of this board.

Moderators attempt to keep those discussions within the rules.

You respond to stupid discussions that stupid discussion perpetuates. That point you're referencing in the post I'm quoting.

By responding you're saying, "this is the conversation I want to have."

If you don't want to have that conversation, don't.
As I said, I no longer respond to his "Drivel". However, that doesn't keep his commentary from being spread across this entire website. One cannot read a single topic here without seeing his opinion repeated 20 times a day in response to ANYONE who has anything positive to say that he doesn't agree with.

I myself am neutral on our draft picks, although I am hopeful for a positive outcome. There are many good and insightful posters here who provide great perspective, complete info and challenging opinion. And in response to all of that, one person's repeated tantrums regurgitated time and again.

Him being a tailgate buddy doesn't make his opinion any more valuable that another person's opinion, nor should it mean he gets a free pass at being a nuisance while telling 95% of the members here;

A) Ignore him
B) Don't engage him
C) He lives in your heads rent free

Instead of moderating his posts and not allowing him to take every subject down the rabbit hole of his opinion, instead posters are told the above. If that isn't a defense of him......well I don't know what else to say.

EDIT: I will just end this discussion back at the point that brought this up. Buckeye Homer, who has been providing good discussion, was told his posts are "drivel" whereas the other poster in question is allowed to spew whatever he wants unchecked. Thats the only point I am trying to make.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
A) Ignore him
B) Don't engage him
C) He lives in your heads rent free

Instead of moderating his posts and not allowing him to take every subject down the rabbit hole of his opinion, instead posters are told the above. If that isn't a defense of him......
I hope others aren’t so into their feelings that they misunderstand what is being said.

We moderate posts that break the rules.

We members choose what we want to discuss by responding to posts.

EDIT: I will just end this discussion back at the point that brought this up. Buckeye Homer, who has been providing good discussion, was told his posts are "drivel"
more misunderstandings. I was responding to a particular post. Not all his posts

whereas the other poster in question is allowed to spew whatever he wants unchecked.
you have no idea

Porky

Hall of Fame
I'm a first amendment guy in general. Let people state their case as they see fit. Others can ignore, engage, discuss, or make whatever comment they wish...or none at all.

Personal opinion - Buckeye Homer has in pretty short order become a valuable member of this board. I enjoy reading his commentary, and it's the type of posts I enjoy. I may not agree with every word, but they are well-reasoned, detailed, and backed up by his personal insight or available facts.

I'd personally like to see more Buckeye Homers on this board. It elevates the discussion and keeps me interested.

That said, I'm just a fan and I want more fans to discuss things with, so I don't want to run anyone off. We're all made differently. Some are dour by nature. Some are just bursting with optimism. Let's allow for all thoughts and styles. If you don't like it - place them on ignore. Just my two cents.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Well, maybe not all of us.

Meaning me.

I have no idea what's going on.
There's only one rule: don't say anything bad about another poster.

Otherwise, say what you want, as often as you want, preferably with severe hyperbole, on every thread, intentionally to gaslight, so that you can drive off as many members as possible who don't want to shift through the 💩 to get to the good stuff, while admins blame them for not ignoring it.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
We could always just ban anyone and everyone that doesn't agree with ME. :D

j/k of course. Fans come in all shapes and sizes. It's like sports talk radio, except here you get to challenge an opinion and respond to it if you so please. Just think of the scenario where the tides [finally] change and the one you disagree with has to eat crow. The forum never forgets. ;)

And, of course, we all get to engage in the shared misery of being a Houston pro football fan. All for the great price of nothing. :strangle::ahhaha::rake::toast2:

Buckeye Homer

Rookie
Contributor's Club
I'm a first amendment guy in general. Let people state their case as they see fit. Others can ignore, engage, discuss, or make whatever comment they wish...or none at all.

Personal opinion - Buckeye Homer has in pretty short order become a valuable member of this board. I enjoy reading his commentary, and it's the type of posts I enjoy. I may not agree with every word, but they are well-reasoned, detailed, and backed up by his personal insight or available facts.

I'd personally like to see more Buckeye Homers on this board. It elevates the discussion and keeps me interested.

That said, I'm just a fan and I want more fans to discuss things with, so I don't want to run anyone off. We're all made differently. Some are dour by nature. Some are just bursting with optimism. Let's allow for all thoughts and styles. If you don't like it - place them on ignore. Just my two cents.

Thanks. I wish all members of management shared your view. For some reason I assumed that ownership of this site would love for membership to grow by leaps and bounds. I was obviously mistaken. Now I understand that ownership wants to keep this community very small, which is certainly their prerogative.

Anyway, I will refrain from polluting this community with any more of my "drivel". I will, however, continue to read Texans Talk in order to be better informed about my new team. Go Texans!

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Thanks. I wish all members of management shared your view. For some reason I assumed that ownership of this site would love for membership to grow by leaps and bounds. I was obviously mistaken. Now I understand that ownership wants to keep this community very small, which is certainly their prerogative.

Anyway, I will refrain from polluting this community with any more of my "drivel". I will, however, continue to read Texans Talk in order to be better informed about my new team. Go Texans!
Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole barrel. Your takes are good and certainly not 'drivel' no what some cranky mod aid about one comment of yours

Buckeye Homer

Rookie
Contributor's Club
Dude really?

I’m glad you post here but if someone saying one thing negative about your opinion runs you off then maybe you are better off finding a “nicer” bar.

I hope you come back though, going to be a fun time watching CJ grow into a pro!
Thanks but it wasn't just "one thing" and it wasn't some random poster but, rather, a member of management that has been taking shots at me. When members of management are taking shots at new members then it's apparent that they and their posts are unwelcome.

As I said, it would seem that ownership would be thrilled if this community grew by the THOUSANDS and into a MEGA forum, but obviously that is not the case. Verbally abusing and driving off new fans/members sends a very different signal. If I owned a community like this I would want moderators that GROW the community rather than annihilating the community. But I'm probably just weird that way.

Buckeye Homer

Rookie
Contributor's Club
Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole barrel. Your takes are good and certainly not 'drivel' no what some cranky mod aid about one comment of yours
Thanks. I'll take it under consideration. By the way, I appreciate how you welcomed me and helped me when I first arrived. You're a fantastic representation of a this community and would undoubtedly make a terrific moderator!

• Wow
Reactions: JB

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Thanks but it wasn't just "one thing" and it wasn't some random poster but, rather, a member of management that has been taking shots at me. When members of management are taking shots at new members then it's apparent that they and their posts are unwelcome.

As I said, it would seem that ownership would be thrilled if this community grew by the THOUSANDS and into a MEGA forum, but obviously that is not the case. Verbally abusing and driving off new fans/members sends a very different signal. If I owned a community like this I would want moderators that GROW the community rather than annihilating the community. But I'm probably just weird that way.
He’s a fan like most people on here.

The “moderator” stuff is just to keep the spammers and assholes away.

I like this forum because people will tell you how they feel, I hate echo chambers.

If someone doesn’t like what you say joke em if they can’t take a ……

badboy

Hall of Fame
He’s a fan like most people on here.

The “moderator” stuff is just to keep the spammers and assholes away.

I like this forum because people will tell you how they feel, I hate echo chambers.

If someone doesn’t like what you say joke em if they can’t take a ……
Come on DB. I have tried to remain out of this discussion but "they keep dragging me back in".

2-3 posters for years have been allowed to talk crap with at least 2 of them being banned more than once and probably much more than once yet they not only continue but joke about it. How many frequent, many year posters have never been banned? My understanding is one has to be warned multiple times and then get a timeout. Time outs lead to suspension of posting privileges. One poster has said "I know if I say this.. I will be banned" then says it anyway. This isn’t middle school. No one is complaining about disagreements but about those who routinely go overboard and repeating a mantra several times in one thread.

Why does someone have to block rather than the constant trouble maker get kicked off board?

The policy by several mods is "I know he's an a hole but just ignore him".

Folks are telling you mods for long time they are fed up and it seems to go in one ear and out the other.

It is the same 2-3 guys for years. Why is it the contributors that can stay within the base paths have to put with those that refuse to: putting thumbs in ears, wiggling fingers and sticking tongues out?

powda

I, for one, have trouble with a poster sending private messages to another demanding they change their avatar. It seemingly offended some religious sensibility they had. That strikes me as outrageous and I agree with @badboy. A poster who'd do such a thing should receive some kind of ban...

Shouldn't they @badboy?

I guess freedom of speech is only agreeable up until someone disagrees with you.