Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

It said their win was against one of the teams that beat us.

I was thinking they only won one game & we didn't play the cowgirls.

You're right, I shouldn't have edited it. My bad.
Why didn't you just quote it and tell me I was wrong or did a FIFY if you thought I was wrong? This editing of posts is BS and unacceptable. If you're trying to force me to leave you're doing a good job.

Why didn't you just quote it and tell me I was wrong or did a FIFY if you thought I was wrong? This editing of posts is BS and unacceptable. If you're trying to force me to leave you're doing a good job.
I honestly couldn't tell you. That's what I normally do. Don't know what happened last night.

I'm sorry.

Still waiting for a answer as to whether or not if we’re allowed to block mods.

I am pretty sure you can’t.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away (actually within the past 18 months and on this board) another poster was having an issue with a mod and it was brought up about having the ability to block a mod. It was a no at that time.

I think it was an honest mistake that won’t happen again.

I am pretty sure you can’t.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away (actually within the past 18 months and on this board) another poster was having an issue with a mod and it was brought up about having the ability to block a mod. It was a no at that time.

I think it was an honest mistake that won’t happen again.

Was it though? Inquiring minds want to...

<BANNED>

Oh for christs sakes, how can a mod be a mod if you can put them on ignore? :lol:

Pshhhhhh… don’t tell me you’re buying the “honest mistake” argument too.

Lol.

He shouldn’t be moderating anymore. I mean it’s already bad enough that the man talks in circles constantly… yet… is like a -stickler- for knowing facts. I ain’t buying it. The man knew -exactly- what he was doing. He just slipped up last night and got caught. Plus it’s -flatly- outlined in Corrosion’s post of the rules… mods won’t edit. I think I should be allowed to block him since he doesn’t follow the rules that he’s been assigned to moderate.

*shrugs*

Either way… I’ll just silently ignore him and hope that he doesn’t edit posts in the future but damn. I have missed this place and have enjoyed being back the last year or so. Oh well. Back to FB I go and sporadic TT posting.

:)

:texan:

Pshhhhhh… don’t tell me you’re buying the “honest mistake” argument too.

Lol.

He shouldn’t be moderating anymore. I mean it’s already bad enough that the man talks in circles constantly… yet… is like a -stickler- for knowing facts. I ain’t buying it. The man knew -exactly- what he was doing. He just slipped up last night and got caught. Plus it’s -flatly- outlined in Corrosion’s post of the rules… mods won’t edit. I think I should be allowed to block him since he doesn’t follow the rules that he’s been assigned to moderate.

*shrugs*

Either way… I’ll just silently ignore him and hope that he doesn’t edit posts in the future but damn. I have missed this place and have enjoyed being back the last year or so. Oh well. Back to FB I go and sporadic TT posting.

:texan:

Before you go can you help me resuscitate Liberty, Freedom and the First Amendment? It seems like you think they died over this.

• Sad
Reactions: JB
What do you do when a mod is neither impartial or honest?

Ask for accountability, apology, and not to do it again. Which you asked for without any faux outrage.

And TK did all three.

I personally think he was drunk mod’ing and made an error.

I don’t see him as a mod abusing his powers. Is there human error from time to time? Sure. But no one is perfect.

Being a mod is a thankless job and they help keep the place going. We also see in this situation we can call a mod out and get things corrected. Which is great. I would be more concerned if nothing happened.

If we have been here for several years we know what a bad mod can look like. TK isn’t even close.

Ask for accountability, apology, and not to do it again. Which you asked for without any faux outrage.

And TK did all three.

I personally think he was drunk mod’ing and made an error.

I don’t see him as a mod abusing his powers. Is there human error from time to time? Sure. But no one is perfect.

Being a mod is a thankless job and they help keep the place going. We also see in this situation we can call a mod out and get things corrected. Which is great. I would be more concerned if nothing happened.

If we have been here for several years we know what a bad mod can look like. TK isn’t even close.
You’re right. It’s a thankless job. Not sure what that has to do with this? I’m comfortable with my reaction towards folks editing other people’s content to fit their own narratives. Drunk or not (it’s not the first time… scroll upthread)… I’m uncomfortable with the fact that it happened. This group has never really needed moderation in that context. I know I’m overreacting with all this but no I don’t think he did all three. I think he insulted everyone’s intelligence then retreated.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen again and the other mods also ensure that it hasn’t happened before by searching the admin panel. Now I’ll be taking the pacifier out of my mouth and pulling up my own diapers and moving on.

Narrative? He thought he was correcting who beat who on a given Sunday. And was mistaken and apologized.

I thought you were leaving.
Never said I was leaving. I’ve been here for 25 years.

*eyeroll right backatcha*

I would like to propose a new rule; any mention of Taylor Swift will get deleted from the post just like certain curse words.

taylor-swift-0895.gif

Breaking news -Taylor Swift tried out at quarterback for the Texans, she was sacked 5 times in a row by the Texans Offensive linemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well there is your problem. Life is too short. You need to vastly upgrade to JTS Brown. That will be the second bottle in on the bottom shelf. ( I don’t get the top shelf designation stuff. The bad stuff should be at the top to keep it out of reach)
That stuff is not bad! Just tried it for the first time after reading review where it grades higher than my beloves Beam

I went to the site 4 times. On the 4th it made me create an account. It said it was $20.00, so I signed up and it was a SCAM.

I had to go call the bank, it was taking my money out 50 bucks at a time. It got $150 before I could lock my card. The bank is going to issue a new card and refund the money.

DO NOT USE NFLBITE.COM IT IS A SCAM SITE.

What are you talking about? I've never been solicited at nflbite.com

It didn't make you do anything. You did that yourself.

The site is nflbite.com ...... can someone else confirm these solicitation offers?

There is also https://reddit1.nflbite.com/

Can someone check these links and confirm being presented with scam offers? Send me a DM or post here...

What are you talking about? I've never been solicited at nflbite.com

It didn't make you do anything. You did that yourself.

The site is nflbite.com ...... can someone else confirm these solicitation offers?

There is also https://reddit1.nflbite.com/

Can someone check these links and confirm being presented with scam offers? Send me a DM or post here...

Never said that you were responsible for anything. Only quoted the post due to the site name and explained what happened. So, no one including yourself gets into a situation like this.

Here is the 1st thing that comes up. And when you pick a game, it goes to the second. And that is where the issue started. It starts asking for more and more information.

The bank looked up the IP connected to the site and it is listed as a scam site/security risk.
Screenshot_20240101-105942_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240101-105937_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Never said that you were responsible for anything. Only quoted the post due to the site name and explained what happened. So, no one including yourself gets into a situation like this.

Well, you quoted me and indirectly made it look as though I misled you.

Personally, I think you're mistaken. I've used the site dozens of times and never had a problem.

I think most people check what they are doing before they reach for a credit card.

Reactions: JB
Here is the 1st thing that comes up. And when you pick a game, it goes to the second. And that is where the issue started. It starts asking for more and more information.

The bank looked up the IP connected to the site and it is listed as a scam site/security risk.
View attachment 13329

View attachment 13328

You're using a cell phone? Holy moly, doesn't anyone use a computer anymore?

I use computer and Brave browser that blocks ads. You can get it (Brave) for cell phones also.

Were you signing up for Nord VPN thinking that would allow you to see the game?

I went to the site 4 times. On the 4th it made me create an account. It said it was $20.00, so I signed up and it was a SCAM.

I had to go call the bank, it was taking my money out 50 bucks at a time. It got $150 before I could lock my card. The bank is going to issue a new card and refund the money.

DO NOT USE NFLBITE.COM IT IS A SCAM SITE.
This post actually blows my mind. Why on Earth would you visit a website for the first time and input your credit card information? Especially a website that is illegally streaming NFL games?

Wow. I'm just shocked that in this day of age of so many internet scams, a person would read about an unknown website for the first time and provide their credit card number without even protecting themselves by using a virtual credit card for one time use and expiration date. Just wow!!

FYI: Please be careful. This is also the season for the Publishers Clearing House scam:

Last edited:
The word "tampons" is now vulgarity?
I think it's always been vulgar, especially in the way it was used. I'm sorry I didn't quote his whole post in your explanation... but I'm lazy like that.

Back