Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

I still question the decision to make judgement calls of what is and what is not vulgarity. If it's allowed by the filters how can it be vulgarity? Change the filters or if it's some other reason, call it something else! If you're deleting a post because it's quoting a post that was deleted, maybe a strikethru strike-through can be used? :edited by moderator thunderkiss, reason to remove useless information
I like heymacs idea.
Example above

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents, but I share the opinion that there's no one that should be editing anyone else's content, at all. I mean even the most minor edits, even simply editing an inappropriate word to make a post allowable is still changing what someone else wanted to say without their permission. And at the end of the day all we have in a place like this to present and distinguish ourselves is our voluntarily shared thoughts.

If a post is deemed inappropriate then it should simply be deleted while giving the poster a notification as to why their post is gone. If the poster wants to respond with a version of what they wanted to say minus whatever was originally disallowed then so be it.

Again, just how I feel since the subject was brought up.
You have feelings?

I'm going to shut up before you ban me again.

. It does suck because I will now forever hold my and -anyone else’s- posts in doubt. I’ll always ask myself… Were they edited?

If a post has been edited it says so .... If it was a moderator, it says specifically "post edited by a moderator" along with when the edit occurred.

If a post was edited by the original poster, it says that as well ....

The last edit is the only one shown on the timestamp, moderators can see multiple edits.

We can give you credit if it'll unwad those panties.
No call for that demeaning comment. I was just informing you what I meant by saying "My Idea". I'm sorry if you can't handle being corrected. I'll ignore from now on

Not responding to the post above but for clarity…

For years… mods here edited THAT person’s content within our own posts.

Guess our own words now need to be deleted/doctored when OTHER people don’t know how to follow rules. Gotcha, TexansTalk.

*eyeroll*

It wasn't you. You quoted a guy who quoted a guy on a political rant.
SMDH
Can't you just have edited out the political part of the quoted comment? Strike-thru or blackout or something. Why is my input deleted for something someone else says?

SMDH
Can't you just have edited out the political part of the quoted comment? Strike-thru or blackout or something. Why is my input deleted for something someone else says?
Because you quoted what would most likely egg on the political conversation we don't want to have.

I didn't delete it. Last time I edited out something you quoted didn't go over too well. I agree with you, your post should stay if it doesn't break the rules.

Reactions: JB
No personal attacks , insults , name calling - Attack the post , not the poster , just keep it civil. Agree to disagree and walk away or use the ignore feature.

No Spam!

No Adult Content!

This is a family friendly forum - No profanity / foul language. If you wouldn't say it in front of your mother , don't say it here.

Try to stay on topic for the most part and take discussions to the appropriate board sections.

Absolutely No Religious or Political discussion. God(s) , Democrats and Republican's aren't NFL Franchises , it'll get deleted outside of the appropriate section.

Use the report feature for those who break the rules.

Mods aren't in the business of editing posts , if you color outside the lines , don't be surprised if your post is deleted. If you quote a post that's outside the rules , don't be shocked if your post gets removed right along with the original content.

Repeat offenders subject to temporary or permanent ban.
QFT

This place sucks now.

:(
A few months ago I was in a humorous mood and wrote a naughty word. My post was deleted (fair, no problem with that) and the mod just had to make crass innuendos pointed at my family in the explanation of why it was deleted. I used to enjoy kidding around with people on this board but after that I've kept my posts straight forward with no hint of humor. But since that message it's not been fun for me. Which is a bummer, I'm as excited about the Texans as everyone else.

All that said, it's only my experience. I'm glad people still enjoy this board. It's important to a lot of people.

A few months ago I was in a humorous mood and wrote a naughty word. My post was deleted (fair, no problem with that) and the mod just had to make crass innuendos pointed at my family in the explanation of why it was deleted. I used to enjoy kidding around with people on this board but after that I've kept my posts straight forward with no hint of humor. But since that message it's not been fun for me. Which is a bummer, I'm as excited about the Texans as everyone else.

All that said, it's only my experience. I'm glad people still enjoy this board. It's important to a lot of people.
Yup. It’s also important to me… despite my short hiatus. I’m home here. Not giving it up for nothing. But yeah… this sucks.

I’m sorry they implied your family in one of those. That is outrageous. I would have called that mod out. Nobody should be talking about family when it comes to football in that manner. I will step up and apologize for that mod whoever it was.

Yup. It’s also important to me… despite my short hiatus. I’m home here. Not giving it up for nothing. But yeah… this sucks.

I’m sorry they implied your family in one of those. That is outrageous. I would have called that mod out. Nobody should be talking about family when it comes to football in that manner. I will step up and apologize for that mod whoever it was.

I can echo that I love this place, even as a Ravens fan. Everyone here has made me feel welcomed.

I can echo that I love this place, even as a Ravens fan. Everyone here has made me feel welcomed.

If the Ravens pull off a miracle on Saturday it won’t feel like home for you.

giphy.gif

Ok I'm confused, do we want the mods to just delete a post and not edit it so they aren't putting words in our mouths or do we want them to edit the posts and not delete them so our other points and thoughts are preserved? Someone please tell me what I'm suppose to be offended by because this independent thought thing is hard. :confused:

Talking about deleting editing etc, I still haven't found how to delete my own posts. Is there a way to do this if I ever want to in the future?

Some people don't have a sense of humor.

Well I'll be darned, I tell ya I'm from the south myself buddy (east TN, even though I now live near Gettysburg) and I know when good folks are too darn hospitable for their own good... 😂 No, seriously, thank you ALL for being so welcoming to an outsider
4 score and 7 years ago.

Talking about deleting editing etc, I still haven't found how to delete my own posts. Is there a way to do this if I ever want to in the future?
Do you see the "delete" button at the bottom of your post?

1705678244310.png

Do you see the "delete" button at the bottom of your post?...

@Sizzle, if not, some members will go back and edit their post with a "nevermind" or a "."

Or you can edit it to include a cursing half clothed specimen waving a political flag over a sacrificial lamb and it'll get deleted.... or edited. :runaway:
(I kid.. kudos to the TT mods and actually, to all the posters for the fab forum)

@Sizzle, if not, some members will go back and edit their post with a "nevermind" or a "."

Or you can edit it to include a cursing half clothed specimen waving a political flag over a sacrificial lamb and it'll get deleted.... or edited. :runaway:
(I kid.. kudos to the TT mods and actually, to all the posters for the fab forum)

Should I actually, you know, test that second paragraph out and "test" the response out???

There isn't one for regular posters. @thunderkyss is looking at what he has as a mod. Like @OzzO said most of us just edit it to say we came down with a bad case of foot in mouth disease but we're all better now. Except for @steelbtexan ,I'm afraid his case of it is chronic and terminal. :shades:

Here's my thing: if you're a chaingun and just let things slip loose, I'd say that you could use a delete button to delete something you're not exactly proud of.

Back