Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

Here's my thing: if you're a chaingun and just let things slip loose, I'd say that you could use a delete button to delete something you're not exactly proud of.

Only mods have a delete button.

You do have an EDIT button that can be used for a limited time - about a half hour I believe.

Most will just edit the post and insert some simple text like <Edit> or something similar. It doesn't remove the post but it removes the content within that ~half hour time period.

Only mods have a delete button.

You do have an EDIT button that can be used for a limited time - about a half hour I believe.

Most will just edit the post and insert some simple text like <Edit> or something similar. It doesn't remove the post but it removes the content within that ~half hour time period.

It's lets you longer than that, seems to be about 48 hours. Just out of curiosity I checked how far back it would give me an edit option and a post I made 7:30 AM Friday the 19th of Jan. it wouldn't let me edit but one I made that same day at 11:30 AM it still would as of this post. So yeah I would say about 48 hours.

Haven't seen this happen. Just deletions or moved to another thread

Haven't seen this happen. Just deletions or moved to another thread
I do it all time time. As you know written English isn’t my first language so I’m always editing my stuff. You have a 30m window before it stops letting you edit your own posts.

I do it all time time. As you know written English isn’t my first language so I’m always editing my stuff. You have a 30m window before it stops letting you edit your own posts.
Yeah, I thought he was talking about mods

Suggestion:
Update the list of staff members as several have not been on the board for years and some never post.

I second this motion. It'd be nice to know who the active staff members are for when I need to talk to one concerning becoming a member at-large of the Texans fanbase

Suggestion:
Update the list of staff members as several have not been on the board for years and some never post.
If you go to the MEMBERS tab, on the left there is a link to Staff members. Or just click on the link I provided.

I second this motion. It'd be nice to know who the active staff members are for when I need to talk to one concerning becoming a member at-large of the Texans fanbase
You're already a member at large. Or at small, or medium. Keep looking for the acknowledgement in the mail. It should be coming any day now.

If you go to the MEMBERS tab, on the left there is a link to Staff members. Or just click on the link I provided.

You're already a member at large. Or at small, or medium. Keep looking for the acknowledgement in the mail. It should be coming any day now.
That's exactly what I'm talking about, super administrator for one hasn't been seen since 2019. There are several others. Seem like it would be simple just to delete them if someone had the time. I think some of them came aboard when other message boards merged with this one?

That's exactly what I'm talking about, super administrator for one hasn't been seen since 2019. There are several others. Seem like it would be simple just to delete them if someone had the time. I think some of them came aboard when other message boards merged with this one?
I only see one that hasn’t been around…. texans84. I seem to remember the others are pseudo accounts made for testing purposes.

I'm not sure why this is irritating you. Super administrator was not a super person and is not coming back.

Not sure if you are joking or not but in case you aren't you do realize that account was most likely one set up so someone has almost the same powers as Hook'em in case there is an "Oh ****" moment and he's not around right? Its not an actual person.

I only see one that hasn’t been around…. texans84. I seem to remember the others are pseudo accounts made for testing purposes.
Again, no big deal but if they're not being used why not delete them? Texans 84 joined in May of 2004 has not been seen since 2020. Perhaps I just don't understand the creations of new test moderators when those already there can be used.

Again, no big deal but if they're not being used why not delete them? Texans 84 joined in May of 2004 has not been seen since 2020. Perhaps I just don't understand the creations of new test moderators when those already there can be used.
If it’s not a big deal then why worry about it? Texans84 can stay a mod for all I care. He’s definitely earned his keep.

As for the test accounts… If Hook ‘Em created them (and he did) then they are staying whether you or I like it. The man can have as many pseudo accounts as he needs in order to keep this site running. Dont read too much into it.

Dude.

That was a very aggressive lol.

You need to calm down.

Take a chill pill.

R-E-L-A-X.

:kitten:
Wow.. talk about being misunderstood! I made a suggestion and lucky responded with his suggestion:

I replied that was what I was talking about [the steps to get to the staff members].

I did not see myself as irritated or aggressive but evidently others did. Again, it was just a suggestion to improve the board, perhaps you and others should lighten up?

I get that you were [I think] teasing about my "lol" being aggressive but others obviously thought you were not teasing. Anyway Back to Football if there ever is any to discuss.

If it’s not a big deal then why worry about it? Texans84 can stay a mod for all I care. He’s definitely earned his keep.

As for the test accounts… If Hook ‘Em created them (and he did) then they are staying whether you or I like it. The man can have as many pseudo accounts as he needs in order to keep this site running. Dont read too much into it.
Okay and last time I'm commenting on this. I am not worried about it, concerned, irritated, aggressive. It was a suggestion. Thanks for telling me that the owner has the right to create test moderators. I guess you're going to be the next commercial actor as Captain Obvious? If it's no big deal, why are you so worried, aggressive, irritated on my suggestion? You guys must be awful bored today. But thanks for the amusing responses.

😆🤣

Sometimes it's good to take a break. Sometimes that break needs to be a week, sometimes, a decade. Far as I know all the "inactive" mods are still on good terms with the board. If they were to come back they would be able to help us with the modding, incase one of us wants to take a break.

Sometimes it's good to take a break. Sometimes that break needs to be a week, sometimes, a decade. Far as I know all the "inactive" mods are still on good terms with the board. If they were to come back they would be able to help us with the modding, incase one of us wants to take a break.

Or they can help out in case of complete chaos such as in if Stroud were to ever leave and become a Titan or even Cowboy. Knock on wood it never happens, but never know

Okay and last time I'm commenting on this. I am not worried about it, concerned, irritated, aggressive. It was a suggestion. Thanks for telling me that the owner has the right to create test moderators. I guess you're going to be the next commercial actor as Captain Obvious? If it's no big deal, why are you so worried, aggressive, irritated on my suggestion? You guys must be awful bored today. But thanks for the amusing responses.

😆🤣
Sounds like you need a short break. Hope all is well with you!

Or they can help out in case of complete chaos such as in if Stroud were to ever leave and become a Titan or even Cowboy. Knock on wood it never happens, but never know

Did Raven fan get lost on his way out of here after the playoff game? Asking for a friend.

The official rules are whatever the mods feel like doing rules be damned thread.

See the Derrick Traded thread as an example. Closed and the Texans will be making a selection with the Browns pick sometime on Saturday if traded Nick doesn't use the pick to move up.

The official rules are whatever the mods feel like doing rules be damned thread.

See the Derrick Traded thread as an example. Closed and the Texans will be making a selection with the Browns pick sometime on Saturday if traded Nick doesn't use the pick to move up.

Ah, the good ole unwritten rule...... the "don't be an arse" one!

Back