Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

I will say this. I’m a fan, same as all of you. When I post I’m posting as a fan.

Unless I post something moderatorish like, let’s get back on track. Which it’s been a while since any of us has been any kind of strict about staying on topic. I hope that changes when the team gives us something to talk about.

most of my moderating is editing four letter words, deleting bs, moving posts to more relevant threads.

But when I post, I post as a fan.

I’m usually polite. Not always. If I like a post I’ll “like” it. If I don’t, I usually ignore it. If you engage me & disagree with me but repeat what I just said in the positive, I’m going to call you on it.

But that’s just posting as a fan. Just like you. Has nothing to do with being a mod.

As for all this stuff about “certain posters” causing trouble. You can say you don’t like it all you want. But when you engage in those conversations more than any other you’re showing me what you want.

Then you get upset & frustrated because you realize you’re operating at an intellectual level he isn’t capable of. I get it. I used to get lost in the same rabbit holes. So I just stopped.

This isn’t my board. I don’t get to say who is allowed here & who isn’t. I moderate. I don’t make the rules. I don’t form policy.

I like this place. I like this team. If I offend you, you’ve got really thin skin.

I think this forum is far cleaner then it was maybe 2-4 years ago. (Whenever the nsz was dissolved.) Maybe some folks forgot how bad it was back then? In general, I think the mods do a solid job and it's not lost on me your service is purely voluntary. I appreciate the effort.

I'm not sure most posters understand their own authority here. You are your own mod. You can ignore anyone in a matter of seconds. Don't b*tch about them. Just ignore them and move on.

Last edited:
You can’t make everyone happy so there is always going to be someone bitching about something.

It doesn’t help this team has sucked the last three years and been stuck in neutral.

Lets move on and quit bringing up the past. If it’s more than 3 weeks ago then it’s in the past.

Go Texans!

Come on DB. I have tried to remain out of this discussion but "they keep dragging me back in".

2-3 posters for years have been allowed to talk crap with at least 2 of them being banned more than once and probably much more than once yet they not only continue but joke about it. How many frequent, many year posters have never been banned? My understanding is one has to be warned multiple times and then get a timeout. Time outs lead to suspension of posting privileges. One poster has said "I know if I say this.. I will be banned" then says it anyway. This isn’t middle school. No one is complaining about disagreements but about those who routinely go overboard and repeating a mantra several times in one thread.

Why does someone have to block rather than the constant trouble maker get kicked off board?

The policy by several mods is "I know he's an a hole but just ignore him".

Folks are telling you mods for long time they are fed up and it seems to go in one ear and out the other.

It is the same 2-3 guys for years. Why is it the contributors that can stay within the base paths have to put with those that refuse to: putting thumbs in ears, wiggling fingers and sticking tongues out?

As a principal, I can't agree with censorship which is what you're asking for. Censorship or cancel culture, it's all the same thing. I don't know who the 2-3 people are that you're referring to, (have a idea who 1 is), but even if I disagreed with someone or their views, I'd rather be given a choice to hear them or not, rather than it just being banned. That's why the ignore button is there for people to use.

Come on DB. I have tried to remain out of this discussion but "they keep dragging me back in".

2-3 posters for years have been allowed to talk crap with at least 2 of them being banned more than once and probably much more than once yet they not only continue but joke about it. How many frequent, many year posters have never been banned? My understanding is one has to be warned multiple times and then get a timeout. Time outs lead to suspension of posting privileges. One poster has said "I know if I say this.. I will be banned" then says it anyway. This isn’t middle school. No one is complaining about disagreements but about those who routinely go overboard and repeating a mantra several times in one thread.

Why does someone have to block rather than the constant trouble maker get kicked off board?

The policy by several mods is "I know he's an a hole but just ignore him".

Folks are telling you mods for long time they are fed up and it seems to go in one ear and out the other.

It is the same 2-3 guys for years. Why is it the contributors that can stay within the base paths have to put with those that refuse to: putting thumbs in ears, wiggling fingers and sticking tongues out?

I’m of the mindset that everyone should be able to say whatever they feel, even if they’re dead wrong or just being dumbass.

I just don’t agree with censorship.

The issue Buckeye has is that someone didn’t agree with his take and got offended by their response. Just happened that this person was a “mod”, I just see another bloke like myself who’s a fan.

If he has trouble with TK making him offended then I’m not sure how someone who’s really rude is going to affect them though.

I guess freedom of speech is only agreeable up until someone disagrees with you.

"Freedom of Speech" only applies to the government, and even then has limitations. People have the right to say what they want (within limits like inciting to violence) without government intervention.

Non-governmental web forums and social media outlets are not subject to those freedom of speech limitations.

Thanks but it wasn't just "one thing" and it wasn't some random poster but, rather, a member of management that has been taking shots at me. When members of management are taking shots at new members then it's apparent that they and their posts are unwelcome.

As I said, it would seem that ownership would be thrilled if this community grew by the THOUSANDS and into a MEGA forum, but obviously that is not the case. Verbally abusing and driving off new fans/members sends a very different signal. If I owned a community like this I would want moderators that GROW the community rather than annihilating the community. But I'm probably just weird that way.

I'm glad you're here. It's a great place to have good conversations about pro football.

As far as "management" is concerned, there's not much too it. It's a fan owned and fan run forum. Every moderator is a Texans fan that volunteers their time to keep the place somewhat civil and free from trolls, spam, and the rest of the internet's degenerate debris.

We could have a "MEGA forum" if we were willing to have no standards for membership and allowed arguments about politics, religion, and other divisive subjects.

We tried that for years, had a much larger membership (considering many members were only here for that and not the Houston Texans), and we almost shut down in 2019 as a result.

What will grow this forum into a much larger forum is a better pro football team in Houston. And once that happens, membership increase will follow, which will ultimately dilute the repetitive droning of some agendas here.

And when this forum does have more traffic, you can be certain that the moderating staff will keep it free from trolls, spam, and the rest of the internet's degenerate debris, and we will have a safe place to just go and chat about our local football team and the rest of the league. :howdy:

I'm glad you're here. It's a great place to have good conversations about pro football.

As far as "management" is concerned, there's not much too it. It's a fan owned and fan run forum. Every moderator is a Texans fan that volunteers their time to keep the place somewhat civil and free from trolls, spam, and the rest of the internet's degenerate debris.

We could have a "MEGA forum" if we were willing to have no standards for membership and allowed arguments about politics, religion, and other divisive subjects.

We tried that for years, had a much larger membership (considering many members were only here for that and not the Houston Texans), and we almost shut down in 2019 as a result.

What will grow this forum into a much larger forum is a better pro football team in Houston. And once that happens, membership increase will follow, which will ultimately dilute the repetitive droning of some agendas here.

And when this forum does have more traffic, you can be certain that the moderating staff will keep it free from trolls, spam, and the rest of the internet's degenerate debris, and we will have a safe place to just go and chat about our local football team and the rest of the league. :howdy:

Sports fandom is a nice escape from the sad and distressing factors of life. I appreciate being able to talk about the Texans with other fans free from the negativity that divides us in the real world. Thanks for having this community and thanks for allowing me to be a part of it.

I’m of the mindset that everyone should be able to say whatever they feel, even if they’re dead wrong or just being dumbass.

The issue Buckeye has is that someone didn’t agree with his take and got offended by their response. Just happened that this person was a “mod”, I just see another bloke like myself who’s a fan.

If he has trouble with TK making him offended then I’m not sure how someone who’s really rude is going to affect them though.

I don't take sides, but how in the hell could anyone be offended by TK? Sometimes confusing but never offensive imho. :D

:coffee:

I will say this. I’m a fan, same as all of you. When I post I’m posting as a fan.

Unless I post something moderatorish like, let’s get back on track. Which it’s been a while since any of us has been any kind of strict about staying on topic. I hope that changes when the team gives us something to talk about.

most of my moderating is editing four letter words, deleting bs, moving posts to more relevant threads.

But when I post, I post as a fan.

I’m usually polite. Not always. If I like a post I’ll “like” it. If I don’t, I usually ignore it. If you engage me & disagree with me but repeat what I just said in the positive, I’m going to call you on it.

But that’s just posting as a fan. Just like you. Has nothing to do with being a mod.

As for all this stuff about “certain posters” causing trouble. You can say you don’t like it all you want. But when you engage in those conversations more than any other you’re showing me what you want.

Then you get upset & frustrated because you realize you’re operating at an intellectual level he isn’t capable of. I get it. I used to get lost in the same rabbit holes. So I just stopped.

This isn’t my board. I don’t get to say who is allowed here & who isn’t. I moderate. I don’t make the rules. I don’t form policy.

I like this place. I like this team. If I offend you, you’ve got really thin skin.

Now THAT is what I call "drivel". Hilarious!

Hey DB I dunno did you see where the House of Reps just extended the mandatory retirement age for commercial airline pilots from 65 to 67, which obviously means you'll be eligible for 32 more instead of just 30 years of employment as pilot ?
Congrats ! Have a good day friend.

I agree BUT I recently got whacked for a comment that was tongue-in-cheek because it seemed to me a poster kept dogging and harassing another poster Over a simple one sentence comment. I thought my comment was benign and obviously not confrontational And certainly avoided harsh language like TK’s did. And there lies the problem. To use contemporary language this board had been “militarized“ against anybody not in the “club” so pathetically there are two classes of posters here. I proudly fall into the lower class.

I agree BUT I recently got whacked for a comment that was tongue-in-cheek because it seemed to me a poster kept dogging and harassing another poster Over a simple one sentence comment. I thought my comment was benign and obviously not confrontational And certainly avoided harsh language like TK’s did. And there lies the problem. To use contemporary language this board had been “militarized“ against anybody not in the “club” so pathetically there are two classes of posters here. I proudly fall into the lower class.

I'm not seeing that in my own experience and I'm sorry you're feeling like that.

I definitely don't feel that way about you or anyone else either.

Hey DB I dunno did you see where the House of Reps just extended the mandatory retirement age for commercial airline pilots from 65 to 67, which obviously means you'll be eligible for 32 more instead of just 30 years of employment as pilot ?
Congrats ! Have a good day friend.

It's a great time to be a pilot right now!

I theory, this should be an egalitarian type of board. Nobody, even staff, should be "more equal" than anyone else.

Please feel free to PM me your thoughts and perspectives, as the last thing we want is any sort of perceptions of an unequal class system to this fan board. :cowboy1:

We're all human, so perfection is not the goal. But we definitely care about keeping this place friendly, inviting, and all about the Texans and pro football in general.

What is this club you speak of?

I'm certainly not in the club when it comes to this MB.

I don't recall talking about another poster in this thread but if I did I have no problem with them being deleted, but I sure wish the admin would PM me and let me know what I said or if I just quoted others.

edit: Or it would be nice if the admin doing the deleting would at least put his name to the deletion comment so I could PM him

Last edited:
I’ve mellowed out so much over the years…without any of that stuff Thorn uses. I wouldn’t say I was a hothead but at times my fuse would be too short. For the most part now, I’m pretty mellow. Old age has a habit of making that happen I guess. Turning 60 next week!

Yes, I’ll challenge people sometimes and make a little crack at their expense, which is part of my offline personality. But honestly guys..it’s all in good fun. Its not meant to be ultra serious. It’s like insulting your brother and laughing, but I’ll defend him if someone else insults him. If I ever offend one of you folks, let me know and I’ll man up and remove the post or change my behavior. I’m here to have fun, learn form folks with more knowledge than me, and have a fun dispute from time to time over meaningless stuff that doesn’t really matter but is a nice distraction from real life.

Thanks all and peace!

I’ve mellowed out so much over the years…without any of that stuff Thorn uses. I wouldn’t say I was a hothead but at times my fuse would be too short. For the most part now, I’m pretty mellow. Old age has a habit of making that happen I guess. Turning 60 next week!

Yes, I’ll challenge people sometimes and make a little crack at their expense, which is part of my offline personality. But honestly guys..it’s all in good fun. Its not meant to be ultra serious. It’s like insulting your brother and laughing, but I’ll defend him if someone else insults him. If I ever offend one of you folks, let me know and I’ll man up and remove the post or change my behavior. I’m here to have fun, learn form folks with more knowledge than me, and have a fun dispute from time to time over meaningless stuff that doesn’t really matter but is a nice distraction from real life.

Thanks all and peace!
Happy birthday !

Thanks all and peace!
Happy Birthday

It said their win was against one of the teams that beat us.

I was thinking they only won one game & we didn't play the cowgirls.

You're right, I shouldn't have edited it. My bad.
My bad? MY BAD?????? That’s your response? I’m stunned. Don’t reply to my posts anymore… and… I won’t reply to yours either, sir.
To be fair the notification that a post was modified gets sent out. There isn't always a reason. You would know if one of your posts was modified.
Lol.

Am I allowed to block mods? If so… I’m blocking you. Ain’t no way I would ever wield the power of censorship to someone who doesn’t respect it.

Back