Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Texans Wide Receivers

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Cooks extension runs through '24 and he apparently still wants out. Is he tradable? Can we get a three? A two? What should we settle for?
I can see a trade like this happening.

Pick 2-33 and Cooks for a WR needy team in the 20's.

Probably an edge player or DT.

Depends on who the new HC is. I could see Gannon wanting a big NT like Davis.

OptimisticTexan

2022 Rebuilding Block 2 / Go Texans
I can see a trade like this happening.

Pick 2-33 and Cooks for a WR needy team in the 20's.

Probably an edge player or DT.

Depends on who the new HC is. I could see Gannon wanting a big NT like Davis.
I could see Cooks and one of the Texans RD3 picks getting them back into RD2 or Cooks returning a solid RD3 or RD4 pick depending on how the contract money gets worked out.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I could see Cooks and one of the Texans RD3 picks getting them back into RD2 or Cooks returning a solid RD3 or RD4 pick depending on how the contract money gets worked out.
I suspect Cooks will be getting about Amari Cooper level draft compensation unfortunately. His value would have been higher at deadline when teams are trying to make an in-season run and dealing with injuries. But offseason they have draft and FA to acquire a player without his age/contract/general baggage.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I suspect Cooks will be getting about Amari Cooper level draft compensation unfortunately. His value would have been higher at deadline when teams are trying to make an in-season run and dealing with injuries. But offseason they have draft and FA to acquire a player without is age/contract/general baggage.

The Cooper return was so small because the Browns ate the rest of Cooper's contract. $20 million in 2022 & another $20 million in 2023. No team is going to take all $18 million of Cooks deal. The Texans will have to eat a big chunk of that. But, they should get the equivalent of a 3rd round pick in return. Browns, Chiefs, Cowboys, and Giants should be in the mix.