Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Search Committee

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Amy's Revenge
I don’t care who, why or what pushes him out the door but we need a fresh start and his stench should not remain. JE was part of BOBs empire and the flat org and as such should be shown the door. He was part of the bad decision making, bad contract awarding, ear whispering influence and “cultural shakeup” and should be gone with all the others. I’m sure if he’s as qualified as he thinks he is he can find one of the other 31 teams to leech off.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I don’t care who, why or what pushes him out the door but we need a fresh start and his stench should not remain. JE was part of BOBs empire and the flat org and as such should be shown the door. He was part of the bad decision making, bad contract awarding, ear whispering influence and “cultural shakeup” and should be gone with all the others. I’m sure if he’s as qualified as he thinks he is he can find one of the other 31 teams to leech off.
From my very first post about the Easterby character assassination, my first sentence is I am no fan of Jack Easterby and that he needs to go.

Texian

Hall of Fame
"I don’t know the guy so I’m not going to rail on JE personally but I’m not going to defend the turkey either."

That didn't take long....

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
So everything coming out of SI is bs? Because? You say so?

Is that all you have got? That was an excellent job of connecting dots that we don’t get locally or otherwise. No one here brought any of this up. Not even our “insiders”.

Daboll’s offenses finished in the bottom 10 in the league during all 6 of his seasons as OC. This year, his offense is 6th. So, that deserves a shot as a NFL HC? One good season in seven? Yeah, the only reason Daboll is even getting mentioned is his relationship with Easterby
This is sadly perhaps exactly why... Meaning that we are SOL until Easterby is gone. Look at the article and the list of GM and HC candidates who have the same agenthe has. And if you think of it this way, you will see the issue.

Easterby is going to stay because we hire a GM or HC with the same agent he has. His agent is going to give them both a kick back for it. Think, an agent gets 10%(?) so Easterby gets maybe 1-2% for getting the job for the other client. The other client gets a little bit for taking the spot. Let's say he only pays 8% for a year. Due to the agent getting a better amount of money from the new deal (GM/HC hire is higher than previous job pay) they all win. And we lose seeing Easterby stays and he talks to Cal who talks to the GM and HC over personal. Look how that is working: Hopkins for Johnson trade?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I just prefer a TRUE house cleaning and keeping him around IMO is counterproductive to cleaning house.
Depends. We may be in year one of Cal cleaning his Daddy’s mess & Easterby is his spear.

Cal feels otherwise and that’s why I still don’t trust they’ll get it right.
Because you know what “they” are telling us about Easterby. We’re not going to know until it’s over.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Depends. We may be in year one of Cal cleaning his Daddy’s mess & Easterby is his spear.

Because you know what “they” are telling us about Easterby. We’re not going to know until it’s over.
I don't know I think Easterby is pulling Cal's strings. And everyone is trying to keep Watson happy in the process. I don't care what race or color our HC and GM are but majority of canidate interviews have been minority so far. Watson was very vocal about minority on social media and such. Not flat out said it more how he worded things.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
"I don’t know the guy so I’m not going to rail on JE personally but I’m not going to defend the turkey either."

That didn't take long....
Hey “turkey” could be an endearing term. I mean we all love a good turkey at least once a year right? There’s worse descriptions out there.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
From my very first post about the Easterby character assassination, my first sentence is I am no fan of Jack Easterby and that he needs to go.
It “feels” like the majority here feel the same way about JE I just could care less about what the media writes about the guy and I Damn sure won’t feel bad for him or defend him. That’s the world he chose to have a career in and the media comes with the territory. He’s pulling down a measly 3 million annually so no matter what transpires no tears should be shed for him. Get your shiit packed up and find another toll booth to troll.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
I don't know I think Easterby is pulling Cal's strings. And everyone is trying to keep Watson happy in the process. I don't care what race or color our HC and GM are but majority of canidate interviews have been minority so far. Watson was very vocal about minority on social media and such. Not flat out said it more how he worded things.
Rooney and due diligence, nothing wrong with that HOWEVER does anyone know what exactly legal issue it is that is in Bieniemys past that is unsavory?!

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Rooney and due diligence, nothing wrong with that HOWEVER does anyone know what exactly legal issue it is that is in Bieniemys past that is unsavory?!
No...but take a read. Note it skips over the background right to the football relared.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
This is sadly perhaps exactly why... Meaning that we are SOL until Easterby is gone. Look at the article and the list of GM and HC candidates who have the same agenthe has. And if you think of it this way, you will see the issue.

Easterby is going to stay because we hire a GM or HC with the same agent he has. His agent is going to give them both a kick back for it. Think, an agent gets 10%(?) so Easterby gets maybe 1-2% for getting the job for the other client. The other client gets a little bit for taking the spot. Let's say he only pays 8% for a year. Due to the agent getting a better amount of money from the new deal (GM/HC hire is higher than previous job pay) they all win. And we lose seeing Easterby stays and he talks to Cal who talks to the GM and HC over personal. Look how that is working: Hopkins for Johnson trade?
Obvious you didn't read the click bait

Texazan

Our HOF 34
No...but take a read. Note it skips over the background right to the football relared.

I missed the hyperlink in that article the first time around but I just followed it and boy let me tell you EB always seem to be able to get mixed up in stupid stuff

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I missed the hyperlink in that article the first time around but I just followed it and boy let me tell you EB always seem to be able to get mixed up in stupid stuff
Just another reason to pass.

However if the McNair's hire him maybe that's a signal that the Not Texans Worthy days are over and that would be a great thing.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club

I had never even thought about a devious or even negative side to Bienemy. This article is written in the popular "desperate to be persuasive" style of the political hatchet artists, who would do anything to gain significance for themselves …. "it has been said" …. "rumors would indicate" …. so careful not to incriminate themselves. I'm not saying that EB has a perfectly "squeaky clean" record. I have no idea …. but this article is remarkably short on fact !

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Where did you and SteelB get this idea about Watson wanting a minority HC? Exactly what was Watson 'vocal" about or how did he "word" things to give you that impression?

BTW, Watson spoke to Eberflus after the Colts' game. When asked about it, here is his response.

Last edited:

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Where did you and SteelB get this idea about Watson wanting a minority HC? Exactly what was Watson 'vocal" about or how did he "word" things to give you that impression?

BTW, Watson spoke to Eberflus after the Colts' game. When asked about it, here is his response.

I don't believe Watson sees color .... well .... maybe when he's new car shopping .... I do !

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I had never even thought about a devious or even negative side to Bienemy. This article is written in the popular "desperate to be persuasive" style of the political hatchet artists, who would do anything to gain significance for themselves …. "it has been said" …. "rumors would indicate" …. so careful not to incriminate themselves. I'm not saying that EB has a perfectly "squeaky clean" record. I have no idea …. but this article is remarkably short on fact !
His rap sheet speaks for itself.

Trying to say otherwise is trying to twist things.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If you told him a purple HC was hired that could help him and the team be successful, I doubt he would care about the color of the HC. Especially if after 4 years, a new contract could mean more than $40M. That's why the "wants a minority HC" narrative is silly.
If Caldwell, Lewis is the next HC you will have your answer. Very unlikely.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
For the stage we're going into, I don't have a problem with Caldwell or even Lewis.

We need to stop the slide into non-relevance. Both showed good ability in those roles. Who we hire next would be the key to being contenders.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
There are a ton of 1st time NFL HC's all across the league..

Kliff Kingsbury - showing promise
Sean McDermott - contending
Matt Rhule - 1st year work in progress
Kevin Stefanski - remarkable turnaround
Matt LeFleur - storming back from directionless
Frank Reich - strong leadership and vision
Sean McVay - established strong program
Brian Flores - obvious leadership and vision
Kyle Shanahan - if not for injuries perhaps the best of the bunch

..that have handled the intermediate step themselves and hope to also provide a fresh voice for a strong future.

I believe we should be on the hunt for something along those lines.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

..that have handled the intermediate step themselves and hope to also provide a fresh voice for a strong future.

True. But our last two HCs were first time HC. Too much in common between the two imo, & I'm ready for something else.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
True. But our last two HCs were first time HC. Too much in common between the two imo, & I'm ready for something else.
Not arguing at all that it's foolproof, absolutely not.

I just don't think we have time for a stabilizing vet HC to end up handing the reigns to the next guy to take the next big step.

Jmo, but Lewis and Caldwell have maxed out what they can do in this league. I agree to disagree if you feel otherwise.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
For me I am looking for a younger innovative offensive coach. Someone who is in tune with todays NFL and connects with the players on a different level.

By the way, those Reid coaches are starting to blossom again.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I'm hoping (because I believe) we're fundamentally different than the Bengals & Lions. Closer to the Colts organization when Caldwell was there.
Even if we're fundamentally better than the Bengals or Lions we're still a ways from what he inherited in Indy. He was given the keys to a Ferrari there. That was Gruden taking over Dungy's Buccs or Switzer taking over Johnson's Cowboys.

Now he got a raw deal with the Manning injury, but before that he guided them to their worst season - albeit 10 wins - in 8 years and a first round exit to the Mark Sanchez-led Jets. He also had one good year with the Lions before settling into mediocrity. The success likely because he got Matt Stafford going the right direction. The mediocrity because he's a much better QB whisperer than a full on HC.

I think he could be a huge help to Watson. I also think in looking at his track record that asking him to bring this entire ship around correctly is probably too tall a task.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
The issue is nothing is a sure thing. A HC could be great for anyone but 1 team. This is a rebuild and not just a tweak. We need OL, RB, WR on one side of the ball. DL, DB and coverage LB/s on D. Really a full overhaul of the D. So, I hate to say it but anyone who is going to improve our record and maybe make the playoffs in the next 2-3 years will be fine. I would love to have a great HC but don't see any showing with Easterby hovering in the shadows ready to get him fired or something. I think OB was going to be ok if we had not given him GM power and if he would have hired a OC. If he goes to the Jets that was a rumor at one point a couple years back. I think he could do well. Just not sure if we are thinking of the team being better than it is or just hoping. This is a 8-8 team at best with the current roster. Realistically it's a sub .500 team.

michaelm

vox nihili

You forgot Vrabel

Texian

Hall of Fame
My gut feeling is telling me that Nick Casserio is going to be the next Texans GM and Eliot Wolf will be moved into the Casserio position with the Patriots provided he doesn't get an offer to become a GM he will accept. My guess is this was Belichick's thinking and planning when he hired Eliot. Of course my Texans Dream Team would be Urban Meyer as HC and Eliot Wolf as GM. I think we can file that under wishful thinking. I see Casserio as unfinished business for the Texans.
A month ago.....Reading a tea leaf success...

michaelm

vox nihili
I think there's a case to be made that this whole search committee thing was legitimate and not just a dog and pony show as speculated above.
We know the Patriots are the Patriots and have a way of getting what they want.
So even if Caserio was their initial target (maybe their only real target), they might have gone through this search process keeping in mind that the Pats have found a way to block teams from hiring guys off their staffs.
Hell they already blocked the Texans from getting Caserio last year, so it's smart to have a fall back position.
I'm hoping Cal learned from getting schooled by the Pats last year and had a plan B.