Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Search Committee

In reality though has Jimmy G and Brisset been that much better? Yes Jimmy G went to a super bowl but how much was him and how much was that defense and pretty easy starting schedule because when they needed him to deliver the game he rarely did. As for Brisset the little ponies seemed to move on from him fast and even went out and signed the never was Rivers to a big deal.

Working with Brady was like working with Michael Jordan, you may can give them some tips and pointers but they were always going to be great no matter where they were or who they were coached by. So I don’t really give anyone in the NFL credit for him other than the single Pat scout that pounded the table for him that whole draft till BB finally drafted him just to shut his scout up. That guy belongs in the HoF as the greatest scout in NFL history.
I wasn't calling McDaniels a QB guru. I was merely stating why others would call him a QB guru. The label is watered down nowadays and gets overused.

True, and he kept on giving them discounts on every contract after his rookie deal so he could win more championships.

Yes and no, Brady still got his money but the biggest thing was how he allowed the Pats to pay him that money. A lot of it was in signing bonuses and performance bonuses and other things that are easier on the cap. He still was underpaid compared to other QB at his level but Brady also had the advantage that he KNEW he would be taken care of due to his personal friendship with Kraft. If you want proof then look no further than the whole Jimmy G fiasco, only time Kraft has publicly given BB his marching orders in regards to players was over Brady.

You're not wrong in what you are saying but again this is not a Watson issue or even a Texans issue its an NFL issue. So if we are going to say Watson didn't give the Texans a discount so they can build a better team, a true statement, then we also have to say Rodgers, Big Ben, Mahomes, Wilson and any other QB that has got paid did not give their teams a discount so they could build better teams, which is also a true statement. As stated Brady is the outlier and the exception that proves the rule and it is part of why he is the GOAT.

Kinda thinking out loud about Belichick's coaching tree: I wonder how much of an honorary title "assistant head coach" was for Belichick when he was with Parcells and how much, if at all, it helped him prepare to be an NFL head coach. I don't recall Belichick giving anyone that title who has worked for him. Parcells, btw, has to have one of the most successful coaching trees in NFL history.

One thing I have noticed about BB that I have never liked is he happily takes all the credit for the Pats success and he has never seemed to have been willing to groom a successor. It has been talked about a lot when names like Caserio get thrown around as leaving NE, in that there is a glass ceiling everyone hits there where they are not allowed to progress any further. Anyone with a bit of common sense knows that BB doesn't run both the HC and GM job completely himself and he has to have people that take much of the lion's share of the work but if you just casually observe the narrative is always that BB is the single decision maker there.

So to your point I to wonder how much of a head start Parcells gave BB before turning him lose and if BB does the same for any of the people that work under him. Looking at the records of their students I would say no.

One thing I have noticed about BB that I have never liked is he happily takes all the credit for the Pats success and he has never seemed to have been willing to groom a successor. It has been talked about a lot when names like Caserio get thrown around as leaving NE, in that there is a glass ceiling everyone hits there where they are not allowed to progress any further. Anyone with a bit of common sense knows that BB doesn't run both the HC and GM job completely himself and he has to have people that take much of the lion's share of the work but if you just casually observe the narrative is always that BB is the single decision maker there.

So to your point I to wonder how much of a head start Parcells gave BB before turning him lose and if BB does the same for any of the people that work under him. Looking at the records of their students I would say no.

BB makes the final calls. Just like Parcels made the final calls when BB worked for him.

Yes and no, Brady still got his money but the biggest thing was how he allowed the Pats to pay him that money. A lot of it was in signing bonuses and performance bonuses and other things that are easier on the cap. He still was underpaid compared to other QB at his level but Brady also had the advantage that he KNEW he would be taken care of due to his personal friendship with Kraft. If you want proof then look no further than the whole Jimmy G fiasco, only time Kraft has publicly given BB his marching orders in regards to players was over Brady.

You're not wrong in what you are saying but again this is not a Watson issue or even a Texans issue its an NFL issue. So if we are going to say Watson didn't gives me
the Texans a discount so they can build a better team, a true statement, then we also have to say Rodgers, Big Ben, Mahomes, Wilson and any other QB that has got paid did not give their teams a discount so they could build better teams, which is also a true statement. As stated Brady is the outlier and the exception that proves the rule and it is part of why he is the GOAT.

Agreed, I'm just telling you that there will be no championships. If any QB can break this trend it will be Mahomes.

The NFL needs to have a Bird rule for QB's if they wont to solve this problem.

Anyone with a bit of common sense knows that BB doesn't run both the HC and GM job completely himself and he has to have people that take much of the lion's share of the work but if you just casually observe the narrative is always that BB is the single decision maker there.

With a tablespoon of common sense, a thimble full of logic, a sprinkle of rational thinking and dose of reality one could figure out that regardless of what position you're hired in a Belichick football operation, you're handed a notebook of how to do your job exactly in the Belichick way. This is why so many Belichick assistants are failures as HC and GMs, they're Belichick clerks. Saban runs a similar operation and why these HCs can plug and play multiple coordinators without missing a beat, the Belichick system does not change.

With a tablespoon of common sense, a thimble full of logic, a sprinkle of rational thinking and dose of reality one could figure out that regardless of what position you're hired in a Belichick football operation, you're handed a notebook of how to do your job exactly in the Belichick way. This is why so many Belichick assistants are failures as HC and GMs, they're Belichick clerks. Saban runs a similar operation and why these HCs can plug and play multiple coordinators without missing a beat, the Belichick system does not change.

This just in, the Belichick system relied heavily on Brady. Without him, Belichick himself can’t even duplicate the Belichick system.

The only reason Saban can do it is b/c he’s on the college level where those guys get full control of everything out the gate. And on the college level, once you get it rolling, all about becomes then is about recruiting and maintaining......& even that you’re on autopilot b/c the top recruits wanna come for the exposure.

This just in, the Belichick system relied heavily on Brady. Without him, Belichick himself can’t even duplicate the Belichick system.

The only reason Saban can do it is b/c he’s on the college level where those guys get full control of everything out the gate. And on the college level, once you get it rolling, all about becomes then is about recruiting and maintaining......& even that you’re on autopilot b/c the top recruits wanna come for the exposure.

BB did pretty good with Jimmy G of maintaining it. Until Kraft got involved and made BB trade Jimmy G. If the 49ers let Jimmy G go, I would expect him to end up back with the Pats next yr and IF Jimmy G stays healthy for the Pats to be good again.

In 2008 Matt Cassel did a pretty good job going 11 -5 in the Belichick system after Brady went down in game 1.

Here's the Pats schedule in 2008

Yeah those are some impressive teams they beat there. :sarcasm: In fact the Pats had the easiest schedule in the entire NFL that year.

"The Patriots won 11 games and missed the playoffs controversially, but they also had the easiest schedule in the NFL. With the loss of Tom Brady in the first game of the season, they probably deserved the good fortune of playing the AFC West and NFC West. "

So yeah context matters and it really helps a team look better when they are playing mostly bottom feeders.

Bill Belichick picked up Eliot Wolf which could be an indicator that Caserio might be available to sign with another team. Could be Wolf's been hired to head up their player personnel department. That was an interesting signing by NE....looking to see how that plays out.

Brady's first extension after his rookie deal was actually pretty modest at 5 yrs for $30.52M, particularly coming off a SB win. For reference Drew Bledsoe had just been handed a 10 yr $103M deal from the same franchise just a year and a half prior.

Even his next deal in 2005, after two more SB wins and three total for his young career, was only for 6 yrs $60M. You can compare that to the deal Peyton Manning got the previous season for 7 yrs $98M, and his ringless fingers to that point.

He first really cashed in in 2010, with a 4 yr $72M extension, after an MVP and 16-0 regular season.

And after Gisele.

source

Now I'm not making a huge case for Watson to just up and take less money. I wouldn't make that case for anyone.

The point is merely that Brady is a complete outlier.

Brady, Rogers, Manning all have suddenly in an offseason at some point had the old deal scrapped. And took the same or a bit more spread out over more years. 10 mil over 5yrs for example in current deal 2mil per year. Next after 3 took a new deal of 13 mil over 12yrs. Meaning 1mil and change over 12. Basically, knowing or praying (your choice) they would keep playing good. But, in doing it they freed up cap space for FAs. And they have done it many times. Allowing the team to get under the cap, sign FAs and draft picks. Not every player is going to be willing to have faith that they will keep playing at a high level and the team will keep upping the money.

Brady, Rogers, Manning all have suddenly in an offseason at some point had the old deal scrapped. And took the same or a bit more spread out over more years. 10 mil over 5yrs for example in current deal 2mil per year. Next after 3 took a new deal of 13 mil over 12yrs. Meaning 1mil and change over 12. Basically, knowing or praying (your choice) they would keep playing good. But, in doing it they freed up cap space for FAs. And they have done it many times. Allowing the team to get under the cap, sign FAs and draft picks. Not every player is going to be willing to have faith that they will keep playing at a high level and the team will keep upping the money.

Can you point to a specific example of this?

I didn't make the claim.

And I provided a link to a source for what I claimed. 'Cause no sh*t.

Why can't people grasp simple concepts?

Apparently then you watch things like NFL Network as an example. And you have heard "Rogers reworks deal to help sign FA "X" And that is what I said. I mean it's not rocket science. A restructuring of a deal or signing a new deal with less money up front is not at all odd. You seem to think it has never happened before. It happens almost yearly and they make it public on the radio, TV and online.

Apparently then you watch things like NFL Network as an example. And you have heard "Rogers reworks deal to help sign FA "X" And that is what I said. I mean it's not rocket science. A restructuring of a deal or signing a new deal with less money up front is not at all odd. You seem to think it has never happened before. It happens almost yearly and they make it public on the radio, TV and online.

I'm just asking for an example of a thing you're clearly confident about to make an assertion of.

Shouldn't be that hard.

If it is then you can just say you can't do it. It's ok.

I'm just asking for an example of a thing you're clearly confident about to make an assertion of.

Shouldn't be that hard.

If it is then you can just say you can't do it. It's ok.
I guess that's how folks debate on internet forums. Spout whatever you want as facts and if anyone objects, the burden is on them to find proof that you are not talking out your a$$

It didn't used to be this way. Particularly on this site.

And I didn't even object, I simply asked for a legit example.

The nerve of me.

You could've googled it in less time than you've spent griping about it.

But hey, do your schtik, who am I to tell you what to do or where to go.

Nope, 51-7

Do you think it's wrong to hold the new regime to the same standard BOB was held too and if not why? AFCCG or bust in 2 yrs.
Are YOU going to hold the new regime to the same standard you held BOB too? You’ve been the voice of BOB around here for a couple of years. Are you going to go to bat for the new regime if they match what BOB did here his last two years?

betcha don’t!

Are YOU going to hold the new regime to the same standard you held BOB too? You’ve been the voice of BOB around here for a couple of years. Are you going to go to bat for the new regime if they match what BOB did here his last two years?

betcha don’t!
Hasn't Steel answered that question at least twice before?

Griping?

I didn't bring the point up. It was his business to account for. I merely asked the dude to verify with any old example what he was claiming.

Since when is that out of bounds?

betcha don’t!

Wrong

I've said many times BOB should've been fired and a full housecleaning should've been done after 51-7.

No, you can’t google & prove a poster doesn’t understand what he is talking about. Snakeyes is saying BS that he pulled out his ass & google won’t back that up.

Hasn't Steel answered that question at least twice before?

No. Steelbtexan said he was going to hold the new coach to the standard he perceived the board held O’Brien to which has been proven false.

Wrong

I've said many times BOB should've been fired and a full housecleaning should've been done after 51-7.
That was in January 2020, less than 12 months ago. He specifically said last two years, which goes back to the 21-7 shellacking by the Colts in January 2019

So many people on here that wouldn't last a second in a court room or even a high school debate team. The burden of proof is and always has been on the one stating something. Just like in a court room the burden of proof is on the accuser. Now I do understand if it is something that a person has explained multiple times, for example my break down of why the Tunsil trade was right on the mark price wise, them not wanting to repeat the same thing over and over particularly if they know the person arguing should have seen it and then saying go find the old post. However, if you want anyone to take what you are saying seriously and give your point of view respect, even if they disagree with it, then you can't just pull it out of your backside and wave it around like its the flag on the hill you have chosen to die on. If you truly don't care, or are just trolling for fun, then sure knock yourself out but don't expect to be taken seriously.

Me personally I take pride in that no one can say I don't back what I say up unless I am clearly stating that something is my opinion or theory. If I am stating it as fact then you better believe I will have something to back it up. Someone may disagree with how I am interpreting what I've posted or even how legitimate my source is but they can't say I didn't back it up. It has led to more than once the person I'm disagreeing trying to move the goal posts or do a complete 180 on what they are saying which also brings a smile to my face and I take as a win even if they never acknowledge it as such because of course they are not going to concede the argument.

No, you can’t google & prove a poster doesn’t understand what he is talking about. Snakeyes is saying BS that he pulled out his ass & google won’t back that up.

No. Steelbtexan said he was going to hold the new coach to the standard he perceived the board held O’Brien to which has been proven false.

That was in January 2020, less than 12 months ago. He specifically said last two years, which goes back to the 21-7 shellacking by the Colts in January 2019
No, I'm not going to do sh!t, if you want to know you can look it up. If you dont want to look it up you can just blow my post off and move on.

Yes, I'm going to hold he new regime to the same standards that the MB held BOB to within 2 yrs. The 1st yr they get a free pass. I'm amazed at the double standards people have when it come to the way people treat coaches on his MB. The way I see it BOB/Kubiak were basically the same HC with different strengths and weaknesses. (Both way to conservative) But for some reason one is held in high regard and the other is the devil. Fact is both of them failed.

21-7 proved to me the OL sucked and DW4 had much improvement he needed to make. I wanted to see the OL have a new infusion of young talent (This happened) and how much improvement DW4 could make under BOB's direction. Neither one of these things happened although I guess you could say that they did improve since they were up 24-0 after a qtr instead of losing 21-7. Then 51-7 happened and it was time to move on from BOB. In other words I was willing to give him a chance to get the talent he wanted in place. He failed.

I'm more than willing to give the new regime a couple of yrs to get the talent they want in place before I start evaluating them. Same as I did with BOB. Now you can sau but but... BOB was here for 6 yrs. The answer to this is I dont hold the first 4 yrs against BOB because he had to work with the incompetent dysfunctional RS.

Fans of EB as HC...take a read. Article about Falcons pros and cons but some areas are just as fitting for us

Andy Reid calls the plays

"This is the biggest argument against hiring EB. Yes, Andy Reid is the play-caller — even though Bieniemy is the OC. This is a pretty substantial strike against Bieniemy, but again, I think he’s one of the best options available and hopefully, he’s picked up a thing or two from a legend".

Last edited:
No, I'm not going to do sh!t, if you want to know you can look it up. If you dont want to look it up you can just blow my post off and move on.
I'm not arguing that you're not going to do sh!t... that's what we expect from you.

Yes, I'm going to hold he new regime to the same standards that the MB held BOB to within 2 yrs. The 1st yr they get a free pass. I'm amazed at the double standards people have when it come to the way people treat coaches on his MB. The way I see it BOB/Kubiak were basically the same HC with different strengths and weaknesses. (Both way to conservative) But for some reason one is held in high regard and the other is the devil. Fact is both of them failed.
Only in your mind is there a double standard. Kubiak is held in high regard as an offensive mind. He is. BO'b is not held in any regard as an offensive mind... he is not. Kubiak could take less talent & field a competent NFL offense, at one time leading the league in rushing, another passing, another in receiving. O'Brien got the QB he wanted in Hoyer, benched him in the 1st half of week 1. O'Brien got the RB he wanted in Lamar Miller, Chicken & Shrimp, Duke Johnson... & totally missused each one. He got Nick Martin, Kelemente, Fulton... fail, fail, fail, & it looks like he's ruined Scharping.

After 4 years of Kubiak, yeah, I wanted him extended, to me it looked like he was building something. But he got caught up in politics & winning was not #1 anymore. I was glad to see him leave.

I still don't know what kind of offense O'Brien was trying to build. Everything he did was counter intuitive to every other thing he did. None of it made sense & the only reason our offense looked "decent" was because play makers carried him. Nothing ever worked "within the system" it was always the broken plays.

But yeah, they're the same guy. Offense centered & never cared about the other side of the ball. If we get another one of those guys, I'm not going to like him from the get go.

I'm not arguing that you're not going to do sh!t... that's what we expect from you.

Only in your mind is there a double standard. Kubiak is held in high regard as an offensive mind. He is. BO'b is not held in any regard as an offensive mind... he is not. Kubiak could take less talent & field a competent NFL offense, at one time leading the league in rushing, another passing, another in receiving. O'Brien got the QB he wanted in Hoyer, benched him in the 1st half of week 1. O'Brien got the RB he wanted in Lamar Miller, Chicken & Shrimp, Duke Johnson... & totally missused each one. He got Nick Martin, Kelemente, Fulton... fail, fail, fail, & it looks like he's ruined Scharping.

After 4 years of Kubiak, yeah, I wanted him extended, to me it looked like he was building something. But he got caught up in politics & winning was not #1 anymore. I was glad to see him leave.

I still don't know what kind of offense O'Brien was trying to build. Everything he did was counter intuitive to every other thing he did. None of it made sense & the only reason our offense looked "decent" was because play makers carried him. Nothing ever worked "within the system" it was always the broken plays.

But yeah, they're the same guy. Offense centered & never cared about the other side of the ball. If we get another one of those guys, I'm not going to like him from the get go.

Agreed on most of this.

Truth is that BOB settled for Hoyer because RS would draft QB's so BOB had to do the best he could with what he had to work with. (This was a large part of the dysfunction) I've learned through a good source that Kubiak wanted RS to draft Schaub's replacement after Schaub hurt his foot and RS not only refused to do what Kubiak wanted, he doubled down on Schaub be extending him in season and that was the beginning of the end for Kubiak.

As far as the RB/OL stuff goes, none of the RB's were above avg but it was hard to tell about them because they were running behind a truly crap OL. So they made a major investment in the OL to fix that and to help DW4. The thing that BOB forgot was that the OL coach still sucked and BOB stubbornly refused to fire Devlin. For this he was rightly fired.

Truth is that BOB settled for Hoyer because RS would draft QB's so BOB had to do the best he could with what he had to work with. (This was a large part of the dysfunction) I've learned through a good source that Kubiak wanted RS to draft Schaub's replacement after Schaub hurt his foot and RS not only refused to do what Kubiak wanted, he doubled down on Schaub be extending him in season and that was the beginning of the end for Kubiak.
No, there were stories about BO'b talking up Hoyer in his HC interviews. Probably why no one hired him but us.

Who did Kubiak want him to draft & where is he now?

There might have been a valuation issue & the guy got drafted higher than Rick wanted to take him. I don't know. But yes, I believe Kubiak was ready to move on from Schaub & Rick screwed him.

No, there were stories about BO'b talking up Hoyer in his HC interviews. Probably why no one hired him but us.

Who did Kubiak want him to draft & where is he now?

There might have been a valuation issue & the guy got drafted higher than Rick wanted to take him. I don't know. But yes, I believe Kubiak was ready to move on from Schaub & Rick screwed him.

Rumor has it in the 1st draft BOB wanted RS to draft a QB in the 2nd rd and RS instead chose XSF.

I didn't get a specific name from my source.

Valuation issue? If a HC says I want you to get me XYZ QB then if the GM/HC are on the same page the GM will go get the QB the HC wants. See: Reid wanting Mahomes and Veatch doing what it took to get the QB the HC wants or Pederson wanting Wentz and the GM going up and getting Wentz for the HC. This is very much unlike the dysfuntional Texans org has worked for the last 15 yrs.

Rumor has it in the 1st draft BOB wanted RS to draft a QB in the 2nd rd and RS instead chose XSF.

Valuation issue? If a HC says I want you to get me XYZ QB then if the GM/HC are on the same page the GM will go get the QB the HC wants
It’s just like the Duane Brown thing to me. Rick said we can trade down & still get your guy, every body said ok. At 26 Rick said we can trade down again & every body said, just take him now & Rick did.

so if BO’b wanted JimmyG, makes sense for Rick to say, we can get him at the top of the third. BO’b would have had to say, ok, or I strongly disagree.

Since we ended up with XSF I have to imagine BO’b said ok. Remember there was only one time Rick went against the room.

& it made sense JimmyG would be there at the top of the third, but we know how vindictive Belichick can be.

Valuation issue? If a HC says I want you to get me XYZ QB then if the GM/HC are on the same page the GM will go get the QB the HC wants. See: Reid wanting Mahomes and Veatch doing what it took to get the QB the HC wants or Pederson wanting Wentz and the GM going up and getting Wentz for the HC. This is very much unlike the dysfuntional Texans org has worked for the last 15 yrs.
Stop making excuses for BOB. So what if Ricky didn't take a QB in 2nd round. Most of the teams drafting before their first pick in the 3rd round did not need a QB. Everyone was surprised when the Patriots took another QB. I can see if Garoppolo was available at the Texans' pick in the 3rd round and they didn't select him. But find me any draft expert that had him as a high 2nd rounder. I can find Bill Polian calling XSF the best interior OL in the 2014 draft. Can you find anyone calling JimmyG the best QB in the 2014 draft?

I just don't get the fuss you make over Garoppolo. When you consider many draft experts thought he was skittish under pressure. How would he play with a terrible OL? He's proven to be injury prone. Would drafting the great JimmyG make Devlin coach the OL better? There is nothing I've seen from O'Brien, Kelly and Devlin to make me think that drafting Jimmy G was some panacea for everything that went wrong during O'Brien's tenure. It's just a convenient excuse to deflect from BOB's failures.

Last edited:
Stop making excuses for BOB. So what if Ricky didn't take a QB in 2nd round. Most of the teams drafting before their first pick in the 3rd round did not need a QB. Everyone was surprised when the Patriots took another QB. I can see if Garoppolo was available at the Texans' pick in the 3rd round and they didn't select him. But find me any draft expert that had him as a high 2nd rounder. I can find Bill Polian calling XSF the best interior OL in the 2014 draft. Can you find anyone calling JimmyG the best QB in the 2014 draft?

I just don't get the fuss you make over Garoppolo. When you consider many draft experts thought he was skittish under pressure. How would he play with a terrible OL? He's proven to be injury prone. Would drafting the great JimmyG make Devlin coach the OL better? There is nothing I've seen from O'Brien, Kelly and Devlin to make me think that drafting Jimmy G was some panacea for everything that went wrong during O'Brien tenure. It's just a convenient excuse to deflect from BOB's failures.

proven to be skittish too and it’s why the 9ers don’t have their 6th title.

proven to be skittish too and it’s why the 9ers don’t have their 6th title.
The guy threw for 78 yards and his team still won a NFCCG. I've never seen a QB contribute less or be such a non factor to his team winning a playoff game. Most objective observers would consider Kyle Shanahan a better offensive coach and play caller than O'Brien. Does anyone think O'Brien could get more out of him than Shanahan?

It's another one of those tiresome, illogical narratives that has been posted since 2014.

I'm more than willing to give the new regime a couple of yrs to get the talent they want in place before I start evaluating them. Same as I did with BOB. Now you can sau but but... BOB was here for 6 yrs. The answer to this is I dont hold the first 4 yrs against BOB because he had to work with the incompetent dysfunctional RS.
If that's the case, you shouldn't hold the first 4 years against the new regime because they have to overcome the incompetent, dysfunctional decisions made by BOB and Easterby.

It’s just like the Duane Brown thing to me. Rick said we can trade down & still get your guy, every body said ok. At 26 Rick said we can trade down again & every body said, just take him now & Rick did.

so if BO’b wanted JimmyG, makes sense for Rick to say, we can get him at the top of the third. BO’b would have had to say, ok, or I strongly disagree.

Since we ended up with XSF I have to imagine BO’b said ok. Remember there was only one time Rick went against the room.

& it made sense JimmyG would be there at the top of the third, but we know how vindictive Belichick can be.

This way of thinking is what cost the Texans often by getting jumped. You would've thought after getting jumped for Jimmy G that RS would've given up what it would've taken to get Mahomes. The Pats weren't vindictive, BB realized Jimmy G was a talented QB and traded up to get him as an heir apparent to Brady. Funny thing is RS didn't learn a thing and got passed over for Mahomes. What I really think after looking at RS draft record is that he is probably the only GM in the NFL that doesn't truly value the QB position.

Last edited:
If that's the case, you shouldn't hold the first 4 years against the new regime because they have to overcome the incompetent, dysfunctional decisions made by BOB and Easterby.

Wrong because they have the 2 most important pieces in place QB/LT.

Plus the new GM/HC should be on the same page rather than the dysfunctional crap we've seen for the last 7-8 yrs. This goes back to the last couple of yrs of the Kubiak yrs.

I just don't get the fuss you make over Garoppolo. When you consider many draft experts thought he was skittish under pressure. How would he play with a terrible OL? He's proven to be injury prone. Would drafting the great JimmyG make Devlin coach the OL better? There is nothing I've seen from O'Brien, Kelly and Devlin to make me think that drafting Jimmy G was some panacea for everything that went wrong during O'Brien's tenure. It's just a convenient excuse to deflect from BOB's failures.

The OL was better back then,

I can tell you one draft expert that said they should draft Clowney 1-1 (Missed Mack should've been the pick. XTR and I went back and forth on this pick. XTR got it right and I got it wrong) Then I wanted RS to trade back into the bottom of the 1st and draft Jimmy G. My thoughts on this at the time is if you can get the best pass rusher in the draft and a very talented QB then your team will be able to compete for championships, just like the 49ers have. Face it RS didn't value the QB position. Oh well this is water under the bridge.

BTW, this draft expert would be me.

Back