Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Cap Space for a safety signing / WR trade or DT trade imo. In my opinion is also in my hopes so I hope those two things align.

I agree. The news of Mason’s restructure aligns when it was reported that they were in on Armstead and Allen.

I think there is a trade to be made… maybe we’ll find out before the draft. But I expect by the end of the draft a vet will be added via trade.

If Caserio makes a trade for a vet would y'all rather the trade be for Brown or Diggs?

I'm going with Brown.

Watching what would be the most dominant front 4 in the NFL wreck shop would be a game changer. Let Cooper fall to 2-42 and sign Simmons in FA and you've got the best defense in the NFL. Trade up from 2-59 for McConkey/Legette or Pearsall and I'll bet on the Texans to win a SB.

If Caserio makes a trade for a vet would y'all rather the trade be for Brown or Diggs?

I'm going with Brown.

Watching what would be the most dominant front 4 in the NFL wreck shop would be a game changer. Let Cooper fall to 2-42 and sign Simmons in FA and you've got the best defense in the NFL. Trade up from 2-59 for McConkey/Legette or Pearsall and I'll bet on the Texans to win a SB.
EDIT: after typing below it dawns on me you are talking about Derrick not AJ. whoops. We have the funds to get both as Hunter's cap < ~$14 m for 2024. We cut Robert Woods and there you go.

AJ Brown up and down. His base ~$1m + workout ~$ 250k+ 17 game roster ~$ 8.670= <$10 million cap hit for 2024. In 2025 his cap jumps tp ~ $26 million but is not GTD. He can be cut after 2024 if he falls apart and has three remaining seasons contracted. Almost 1500 yards each of last two years. Certainly, Philly may not trade him but same could be said of Derrick Brown whom we are discussing currently.

Well first I'm certainly not privy to any info re how good of personal friends Andre & Demeco might be but they did play together in Houston for several years but my real reason is selfish
as a Texans fan which is I think it would be a very good look, good PR if the brand-new and very popular HC of the Texans was the one to introduce Andre Johnston to the millions in NFL fandom who he is unknown to, or atleast unfamiliar to.

What's the thinking about possibly cutting Robert Woods? He's 32 and his contribution was minimal.
I think it would free up around $9.7m.

To think how much of a dumpster fire of an organization this was with Easterby almost convincing Cal to hire Josh McCown to now having everything we have. A GM that can GM, a HC that can HC, and an owner that lets them do their job.

Let’s hope this team stays healthy. This is the most talented team in Texans history with Stroud at the helm. It has been built to win it all.

And we haven’t even had the draft yet…

When was the last time it felt this good to be a Texan fan?

I’m feeling this team is being ran like no team in the past has ever done.
“Building reputation” This team is showing it will go beyond the norm in helping players get paid. Aggressive and stat building play calling on both sides of the ball. Short contracts for player to gamble on themselves . Team will even trade for star player and cut up his remaining contract, bump up your pay for this year, and let you have a chance of riding off in the sunset becoming a free agent once again.
“Eventual Achieved Reputation” Fringe pro bowl or good Players in bad situations will look at Houston as a great place to switch to temporary and build their rep if not getting the offers they desired in free agency. They know the team will treat them right if they give 100%. If Texans consistently have top choices in each years free agent pool of those above average but not great players, the wheel will start spinning and it will be hard to stop. Keep it rotating, and stay damn good.

“Building reputation” This team is showing it will go beyond the norm in helping players get paid. Aggressive and stat building play calling on both sides of the ball. Short contracts for player to gamble on themselves . Team will even trade for star player and cut up his remaining contract, bump up your pay for this year, and let you have a chance of riding off in the sunset becoming a free agent once again.
“Eventual Achieved Reputation” Fringe pro bowl or good Players in bad situations will look at Houston as a great place to switch to temporary and build their rep if not getting the offers they desired in free agency. They know the team will treat them right if they give 100%. If Texans consistently have top choices in each years free agent pool of those above average but not great players, the wheel will start spinning and it will be hard to stop. Keep it rotating, and stay damn good.

I like it. Hopefully this team will become the NFL’s version of Saban’s Alabama was for coaches. Rehab’s their reputation then they move on and find another job elsewhere.

Quoted for truth.

These are the type of players that the Texans org has missed out on for yrs.

Last edited:
To think how much of a dumpster fire of an organization this was with Easterby almost convincing Cal to hire Josh McCown to now having everything we have. A GM that can GM, a HC that can HC, and an owner that lets them do their job.

Let’s hope this team stays healthy. This is the most talented team in Texans history with Stroud at the helm. It has been built to win it all.

And we haven’t even had the draft yet…

When was the last time it felt this good to be a Texan fan?
We've had some decent times Kubiak era, but honestly, the last time it felt this good was after that first Cowboys game...

I'm beginning to think if Texans do make the big dance and we lose, there will be a lot of fans lose their shite.
The expectations are so high now.

I have been watching the number of followers on the Texans sub- Reddit. Since the Diggs trade is has gone up from 122k to 134k.

For all of those that wanted more media attention- and just like I tell my old lady - whether you want or not here it comes.

I'm beginning to think if Texans do make the big dance and we lose, there will be a lot of fans lose their shite.
The expectations are so high now.
I would only lose my shite in that scenario if the game unfolded like that KC playoff embarrassment. Well, I would lose my shite in one other condition, and I won't even type that out or say it out loud.

I've never been this excited over the Texans. Even so, I am cautiously optimistic. They have a tough schedule and some weaknesses that need (and still could) to be addressed. The fun in that is unlike last year this time of year I'm not thinking they have to absolutely nail the draft before I can even think about them breaking even.

Back