Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

A day of Thanksgiving for Texans fans....................Today exactly 2 years ago to the day, the Browns gifted the Texans by taking Deshaun Watson off our hands!!!!!! :texflag:
Time flies. Remember the nail biting in the year leading up to that trade expecting the Texans to walk away from what felt like their only ever chance at a franchise QB with nothing but an irreparable dead cap situation.

Tom Brady’s ex-teammate Chris Long discloses who is the real threat to Patrick Mahomes’ Chiefs’ dream of completing a three-peat
Chris Long believes the Texans has the potential to win the AFC Division next season.
By Pratyusha Srivastava
Edited By Vitasta Singh
Updated March 18, 2024 / 14:56 GMT
I feel very uneasy seeing the Texans as the free agency Super Bowl winners, always feel a lot more comfortable laughing at the Jaguars for taking the March title and waitjng for them to fail in autumn. It’ll be different for the Texans, right!?

Time flies. Remember the nail biting in the year leading up to that trade expecting the Texans to walk away from what felt like their only ever chance at a franchise QB with nothing but an irreparable dead cap situation.
I certainly didn't feel this way, I said the Texans would be better off without this perv. A very happy day indeed.

Maurice Hurst says Browns are the Eagles’ opponent in Brazil Week One
By Michael David Smith
Published March 19, 2024 05:46 AM

The NFL announced before the Super Bowl that the Eagles will be the home team for the league’s Week One game in Brazil. One Browns player says the Browns will be the visiting team.

Browns defensive tackle Maurice Hurst made the statement while appearing on the team’s Cleveland Browns Daily Show.

“We’re playing in Brazil this year,” Hurst said.

That wasn’t treated as any kind of breaking news or official announcement, but more as something those who work for the team are already well aware of. Officially, the NFL has not announced who the Eagles’ opponent will be.

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard that the Browns will be the team that faces the Eagles in Brazil. A month ago, Peter King wrote that he’s “Feeling good about Cleveland-Philadelphia in Brazil on the evening of Friday, Sept. 6.”

For the Brazil adventure, the NFL has taken the unusual step of playing a Friday game in Week One. The 2024 NFL season will start with the Super Bowl champion Chiefs playing a home game on Thursday night, then the Brazil game on Friday, followed by the normal slate of Sunday and Monday night games. It’s not a sure thing until the league releases the schedule, but it sounds like Browns-Eagles is the first game that can be penciled into the Week One schedule.

Friday night has always been high school football night.

Sad that the greed has come to this.

FYI, Friday nights in Texas is an institution. Heck, a whole TV show was named for it - Friday Night Lights. But that is far from universal. I grew up in NJ, and we played HS football on Saturday. Usually afternoon, but occasionally morning. I know other areas of the country also play on Saturday as well.

As Caserio has said, it's gonna be the draft where Texans will seek to keep building.
I still think he nabs a FA Safety and keeps resigning guys recently on the roster but don't expect any more splashes.
They have suggested they want to roll some cap over so it's gonna be tight from here until the draft.
Draft should now look like CB or DL first, TE, then Safety (if they don't get one in FA), RB and a RT.
The first 5 picks are crucial in my book, so they really need to get that Safety or DL in FA.
It may come down to a BPA they have on their board that is suddenly attainable (at any position except K or P).
Edit - LB may also be a concern - losing Cashman and Perryman was unfortunate.

Last edited:
Seriously brothers and sisters, if Texans are to make it to the playoffs this season with the schedule we have, our best player must be available for the full 60 minutes x 17 games plus OT if any - with a full compliment of weapons.

I didn’t read the article, but what will drive Stingley’s extension will be the franchise tag at the time and the projections going forward. The Jaylon Johnson deal will be left in the dust.

Three top ten draft picks in the CB room now. Will be interesting to see what the coaches do with Okudah and Henderson.

Three top ten draft picks in the CB room now. Will be interesting to see what the coaches do with Okudah and Henderson.

Interesting to note that Stingley was the lowest rated of the three

Don’t anticipate this changing until post draft for most teams out there.
I understand that teams want to see how the draft goes and then fill in the holes with what's left in FA, but it sure would be nice to go ahead and add Simmons or Q.Diggs to the backend.

8. Houston Texans

Way-too-early ranking: 9
gn-arrow.png

Under-the-radar move: Trading for (and extending) RB Joe Mixon

The Texans want to be explosive in both the run and pass games to keep defenses off balance. Adding Mixon, who rushed for 1,034 yards and nine touchdowns (and had three receiving TDs) last season, could bolster a rushing attack that ranked 22nd in yards per game (96.8) in 2023.

Mixon has rushed for 1,000 yards four times in his seven-year career. If the Texans can get those numbers out of Mixon -- with quarterback C.J. Stroud taking another leap in Year 2 -- the team's ceiling could be high in 2024. -- DJ Bien-Aime

Interesting note on Myles Bryant. Part of why he went undrafted was his size and slow 40 despite being all conference multiple seasons at Washington.

But his 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle were good. They would have ranked top 5 at this year’s combine amongst all players. I’d say those two drills translate better to a nickel CB’s success than the straight line 40 speed.

And the fact he’s developed and improved as a player who played the 4th most snaps on the Pats defense last season shows that there’s more to it than 40 times.

I’m excited to get a versatile DB who plays with a chip on his shoulder to compete with Desmond King to be that feisty nickel DB!

Interesting note on Myles Bryant. Part of why he went undrafted was his size and slow 40 despite being all conference multiple seasons at Washington.

But his 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle were good. They would have ranked top 5 at this year’s combine amongst all players. I’d say those two drills translate better to a nickel CB’s success than the straight line 40 speed.

And the fact he’s developed and improved as a player who played the 4th most snaps on the Pats defense last season shows that there’s more to it than 40 times.

I’m excited to get a versatile DB who plays with a chip on his shoulder to compete with Desmond King to be that feisty nickel DB!
He played quite a bit at S from what I've read.

He played quite a bit at S from what I've read.

Most importantly, Bryant has brought a much-needed level of stability to a secondary seemingly experiencing personnel turnover on a weekly basis these days. In that sense, last week’s game against the Denver Broncos was a perfect reflection of his season so far.

“Myles did a great job,” Bill Belichick said on Wednesday. “The way we set the game plan up, he played multiple positions — played perimeter corner, played inside, and played safety — depending on what they had, and what we had called, and so forth. He really made the game plan flow a lot smoother for us defensively because of his ability to move in and out of those positions against a team like Denver.”

This guy can play.

They probably will draft a guy fairly high also.

If i’m bringing in a rookie, it’s for the safety position. Unless it’s a guy who can play CB/S.

I think a day 3 pick will have a tough time cracking the active roster now that Nick turned over the CB room. I’d rather use the day 2 picks elsewhere now.

But a day 3 guy I like is Jarius Monroe out of Tulane. CB/S versatility can probably be had with the 6th.

If i’m bringing in a rookie, it’s for the safety position. Unless it’s a guy who can play CB/S.

I think a day 3 pick will have a tough time cracking the active roster now that Nick turned over the CB room. I’d rather use the day 2 picks elsewhere now.

But a day 3 guy I like is Jarius Monroe out of Tulane. CB/S versatility can probably be had with the 6th.

SS- Jaden Hicks (Washington State) is a straight up Safety.

CB- Khyree Jackson (Oregon) is a CB with enough size and physicality to play SS as well.

Depends if a guy like Bishop, Nubin,Kinchens falls to day3. After seeing their SPARQ scores it's possible.

Bears, Texans to meet in 2024 Hall of Fame Game
By Michael David Smith
Published March 26, 2024 07:41 AM

The 2024 NFL preseason will kick off with the Bears and Texans facing off in Canton, Ohio, for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game.

The traditional start to the preseason takes place amid the Hall of Fame’s induction ceremonies and typically features teams with members of the incoming Hall of Fame class. Andre Johnson’s induction will mark the first time a player who played most of his career with the Texans is getting a bust in Canton. Former Bears Devin Hester, Steve McMichael and Julius Peppers are also members of the class of 2024.

Dwight Freeney, Randy Gradishar and Patrick Willis round out the Class of 2024.

The Hall of Fame Game kicks off at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, August 1, and the induction ceremony takes place on Saturday, August 3.

Back