Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

RB - Trey Benson. And keep drafting RB's every year or two, avoid "old" RB's. We all know what the average NFL RB career looks like, unless you're Adrian Peterson (also ended his career on a whimper but what a career!).
After his 2020 major knee injury, he returned remarkably strong by 2023. I would still be concerned with a RB with a history of that injury............an injury in which he tore his ACL, MCL, lateral meniscus, medial meniscus and gracilis tendon (hamstring). That type of injury would be expected to significantly increase his chances of recurrent knee injuries and significantly decrease his already expected short NFL career.

Shareece Wright hopes speaking out changes narratives about boys who are sexually abused
By Michael David Smith
Published February 25, 2024 08:50 AM

Former NFL player Shareece Wright revealed on Friday that he is one of the 12 previously anonymous men who accused a woman who worked at their high school of sexually assaulting them when they were minors. He hopes that by speaking out, he can change people’s perspectives about boys who are sexually abused by adult women.

Wright says that too often, teenage boys who are sexually abused by women are treated as if their pain isn’t real.

“I was worried about what people would say, or how people would try to portray it,’’ Wright told USA Today. “The narrative that we were boys and it’s not that big of a deal or is not that serious bothers me, like, the most.’’
Wright added that he is “trying to change the narrative that when you’re a boy and you’re being molested by a female it’s not serious or it doesn’t affect your life or it’s not that bad.’’

The 36-year-old Wright and 11 other men who attended Colton High School in Colton, California, say that when they were minors, a school employee named Tiffany Strauss-Gordon sexually abused them. Strauss-Gordon was the daughter of Colton High School’s football coach, Harold Strauss, who died in 2019.

Strauss-Gordon has not been criminally charged and denies the allegations.
Jemma Dunn, one of the attorneys working on the lawsuit, agrees with Wright that there is a double standard at play.

If the roles were reversed the story would be very different. Nobody would be questioning whether this was an assault. There would be people in jail,” Dunn told local TV affiliate ABC-30. “I mean there would be an uproar.”
Wright says he talked to adults about what was happening to him while he was still in high school, and they were dismissive.

“Their first response was, like, ‘You guys are boys. You knew what you were doing. She’s going to lose her job and so many people’s jobs are going to be [on] the line,’” Wright said. “This is the feedback I was getting from people that I thought cared about me.’’

Wright says the experience of being taken advantage of by an adult woman when he was still a child has had lingering effects on his ability to maintain relationships.

“I just got off the phone with my therapist not even an hour ago talking about it,’’ Wright said on Friday. “It takes time to understand what sexual abuse does to people when it happens to them.’’

After high school Wright played at USC and was a 2011 third-round pick of the Chargers. He also played for the 49ers, Ravens, Bills, Raiders and Texans in an eight-year NFL career.

attendance

1: the act or fact of attending something or someone

2a: the persons or number of persons attending something
——————————————
Probably should stop calling it attendance. Everyone knows it’s tickets sold and not people actually there attending.

Oline again...
Guys and gals, the best thing we can do for our offense is to upgrade the oline - I am convinced of this for where the Texans are at right now.
Yes, we have plenty of guys in the building, but some of them have questions marks.
Even one upgrade at one position will help this line.
Bring in a proven vet - doesn't have to be a splash guy, but that would be nice.
Immediately the running game becomes more meaningful as does the passing game with CJ getting more time in the pocket.
I'd love to see some of our resident Oline savvy dudes address this.

Oline again...
Guys and gals, the best thing we can do for our offense is to upgrade the oline - I am convinced of this for where the Texans are at right now.
Yes, we have plenty of guys in the building, but some of them have questions marks.
Bring in a proven vet - doesn't have to be a splash guy, but that would be nice.
Immediately the running game becomes more meaningful as does the passing game with CJ getting more time in the pocket.
If I could add 3 guys in FA they would be

Wilkins
Trent Brown
Whitehead.

I think they've got enough cap room to do this and re-sign Cashman, Barnett, Schultz, Singletary etc...

Oline again...
I been hearing for years.

Me too, but with our schedule this year, we are going to face a murderers row of Dlines - I would be sick if CJ gets another concussion.

Get a RT in free agency or the draft and the OL should be set. Howard is probably missing the majority of the season, so I wouldn't count on him to much. Fant could serve as the big swing tackle, as could Howard when he returns.

Last edited:
Texans announce 2024 coaching staff
By Josh Alper
Published March 6, 2024 10:33 AM

The Texans have announced the full set of assistant coaches who will be working under head coach DeMeco Ryans during the 2024 season.

Offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik returns for a second season in Houston after getting interest for head coaching vacancies around the league. He will be joined by assistant head coach/running backs coach Danny Barrett, offensive assistant Jarrod James, quarterbacks coach Jerrod Johnson, senior offensive assistant Bill Lazor, wide receivers coach/offensive passing game coordinator Ben McDaniels, tight ends coach Jake Moreland, assistant offensive line coach Cole Popovich, offensive assistant Mike Snyder, offensive line coach Chris Strausser, offensive quality control coach Leander Wallace, and assistant offensive line coach Zach Yenser.

Defensive coordinator Matt Burke also returns. The rest of the defensive staff includes safeties coach Stephen Adegoke, defensive assistant Sean Baker, defensive assistant Ben Bolling, linebackers coach Bill Davis, defensive assistant Ryan Milus, assistant defensive line coach Nate Ollie, defensive passing game coordinator Cory Undlin, defensive backs coach Dino Vasso, and defensive line coach Rod Wright.

Frank Ross will be the special teams coordinator with Will Burnham assisting him. Assistant to the head coach Jake Olsen rounds out the staff for 2024 in Houston.

Texans announce 2024 coaching staff
By Josh Alper
Published March 6, 2024 10:33 AM

The Texans have announced the full set of assistant coaches who will be working under head coach DeMeco Ryans during the 2024 season.

Offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik returns for a second season in Houston after getting interest for head coaching vacancies around the league. He will be joined by assistant head coach/running backs coach Danny Barrett, offensive assistant Jarrod James, quarterbacks coach Jerrod Johnson, senior offensive assistant Bill Lazor, wide receivers coach/offensive passing game coordinator Ben McDaniels, tight ends coach Jake Moreland, assistant offensive line coach Cole Popovich, offensive assistant Mike Snyder, offensive line coach Chris Strausser, offensive quality control coach Leander Wallace, and assistant offensive line coach Zach Yenser.

Defensive coordinator Matt Burke also returns. The rest of the defensive staff includes safeties coach Stephen Adegoke, defensive assistant Sean Baker, defensive assistant Ben Bolling, linebackers coach Bill Davis, defensive assistant Ryan Milus, assistant defensive line coach Nate Ollie, defensive passing game coordinator Cory Undlin, defensive backs coach Dino Vasso, and defensive line coach Rod Wright.

Frank Ross will be the special teams coordinator with Will Burnham assisting him. Assistant to the head coach Jake Olsen rounds out the staff for 2024 in Houston.
Man, I hope some continuity with the Oline and their coaches reaps some rewards this season.
We need that and a healthier season out of our line.
And a North/south runner.

I can’t concentrate on the draft until free agency is completed. Texans finally have low picks due to highly successful recent drafts. Now free agency is of equal importance to continue the build . I honestly think I’m looking forward more to next week, it is the important next step of building a championship, winning drafts is no longer in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back