Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

@IDEXAN re post #22731
If you copied something from another source there would have been quote marks and a link, right? I only saw what you said and surely you didn't plagiarise right?

Last edited:
I remember a quote by Johnny Unitas saying when backed up on the one yard line he'd take the snap, back up into the end zone and throw the bomb.

First play of the first game should be a deep pass.
If that occurs, folks will faint by thousands; ERs will be swamped by possible strokes, heart and panic attacks and unnecessary pressure would be on the receiver to catch it.

Or perhaps Hannah saw that Stroud and Young were strata above all QBs, Young would probably be gone leaving JC. Lots [pun intended] will be made of those initials in future. She like us can see the worth of having Anderson and then they got both. Maybe that's the connection?
I have been ridiculed for years with my mocks and while my intent is to create discussion, it was satisfying to see our GM make a trade that most didn't see coming. It was not a trade I preferred but dang, kudos for the er..
Effort!
I don't think Young was ever in the equation.

Badboy said he has inside info?
Wait.. 😆.. any comment I've said about having inside info has clearly been said in humor and i would be shocked anyone would think i did. "My sources.." comments only began years ago in response to hundreds of 'experts' on sites saying "so and so" says he/she sources say blah. And almost none get it right.

IMO only Corrosion and CloakNNNdagger have a solid history of presenting inside info that proves out.

I would say run to set up the pass. but it could go the other way too... can't wait..
Ok but I truly think the playbook will be: run to establish the run, to dominate opponents, protect Stroud , help offensive line and then and only then pass. We don't have an established WR 1 but do have what appears to be two better than good RBs. I will not be surprised at a 70-30 % run vs pass. I hope i am correct.

badboy was replying to my reply to CNnD.
He quoted to the post where you quoted TB74. But if it makes it any easier for you, Corrosion told us pre-draft that the Texans were only interested in 1 QB. I believe that to be Stroud. They thought Stroud would be taken by Carolina and were planning to take WA. When Carolina took Young, Caserio saw that he could get both. If the ownership mandated anything it was that Stroud was the only possible QB to take at 1.2

So Hannah mandated the Stroud pick? Man where are y’all getting this from? Lol
I don't know where they get it either. I guess we can't just give Caserio credit for having a brilliant plan to get two players that the Texans wanted. Sure, it cost a pretty penny, but not nearly as much if they drafted Anderson at 2 and tried to move up get Stroud.

@IDEXAN re post #22731
If you copied something from another source there would have been quote marks and a link, right? I only saw what you said and surely you didn't plagiarise right?
Sorry !The author is one Gilberto Manzano and C&D was the OP:

He quoted to the post where you quoted TB74
Do you think I believe TB74 has inside sources? What was TB74 referring to?

The topic of the conversation was the mandate to draft Stroud. That came from CnnD.
But if it makes it any easier for you, Corrosion told us pre-draft that the Texans were only interested in 1 QB.
If the ownership mandated anything it was that Stroud was the only possible QB to take at 1.2
I'm so glad you're ok with this. I wish I could see this as a positive for our GM. To me it looks like ownership feels like they need to put the bumpers up so their GM doesn't throw a gutter ball.

Mandate

Last edited:
Sorry !The author is one Gilberto Manzano and C&D was the OP:
Read that article and then read Manzano's article he quoted from here

What Manzano actually wrote was:

32 NFL Teams in 32 Days: Offseason Gambles Could Be Winning Formula for the Texans
Houston made a lot of big additions this year, but none more significant than hiring DeMeco Ryans, or drafting C.J. Stroud and Will Anderson Jr. back-to-back.

Here's my prediction.

The OC is going to have good schemes. The OL is going to provide sufficient time for receivers to run their routes so that CJ doesn't have to throw it away or take a sack. The receivers are going to run precise routes and create distance.

The consequence of the aforementioned things happening is that CJ is going to pick apart opposing defenses.

But, it's not all on CJ. If the scheme is bad or other units don't execute then CJ will also falter.

That’s not the way it works here.

Signed. Davis Mills

This is the worst time of year. It's miserably hot, the NFL draft has come and gone, preseason is several weeks away. The only thing we have to talk about is how much we hate each other. Especially Thorn.

That and we have been in preseason mode for the past 3 years of waiting for things to get better.

Another Mulugheta client…

Hopefully they let him walk after this season. Of course they're idiots, so who knows what will happen.

Another Mulugheta client…

Wait a minute. According to the article, he planned to switch agents and signed with Mulugheta at the end of May. So, he signed with Mulugheta and he is attending voluntary OTAs.

If this scenario is correct. What did the dastardly Mulugheta do now? When he was with his old agent, did he attend the voluntary OTAs?

He quoted to the post where you quoted TB74. But if it makes it any easier for you, Corrosion told us pre-draft that the Texans were only interested in 1 QB. I believe that to be Stroud. They thought Stroud would be taken by Carolina and were planning to take WA. When Carolina took Young, Caserio saw that he could get both. If the ownership mandated anything it was that Stroud was the only possible QB to take at 1.2
Kudos. Such a simple, logical explanation that makes so much sense.

He sat out voluntary OTAs. Wasn't there. Did not show up. Absent.

He is saying he plans to attend mandatory minicamp.

I mean no offense.
No offense taken. My point is he sat out voluntary OTAs before Mulugeta became his agent. I know Mulugeta is persona non grata on this forum and that fact will be glossed over. So, based on the posted article, I wanted to reiterate this point.

Also, besides Nelson. Any other veterans missed voluntary OTAs?

Back