Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

When reading this article, remember who the Texans large give ups in the Anderson Draft were actually for.

****************************************************************************************************

Houston Texans: NFL writer claims team gave themselves extra 'pressure' with Will Anderson Jr. pick
BYMATTHEW BALDWIN
PUBLISHED 17 HOURS AGO

NFL writer Gilberto Manzano has written about the Houston Texans and what drafting Will Anderson Jr. will do to the team's expectations.
Extra pressure on opposing QBs! Sounds like there's pressure on this writer to come up with stories when there aren't many out there.

When reading this article, remember who the Texans large give ups in the Anderson Draft were actually for.

****************************************************************************************************

Houston Texans: NFL writer claims team gave themselves extra 'pressure' with Will Anderson Jr. pick
BYMATTHEW BALDWIN
PUBLISHED 17 HOURS AGO

NFL writer Gilberto Manzano has written about the Houston Texans and what drafting Will Anderson Jr. will do to the team's expectations.
That Mattew Baldwin dude is doing a disservice to Manzano!

32 NFL Teams in 32 Days: Offseason Gambles Could Be Winning Formula for the Texans

But given what the Texans could have done with next year’s pick, you feel that unless Anderson Jr. turns into a T.J. Watt/Aaron Donald/Nick Bosa kind of wrecking machine, this will be seen as a missed opportunity for them, so let’s just hope for their sake that he does.
Yep I tend to agree with the author on his statement here.

But given what the Texans could have done with next year’s pick, you feel that unless Anderson Jr. turns into a T.J. Watt/Aaron Donald/Nick Bosa kind of wrecking machine, this will be seen as a missed opportunity for them, so let’s just hope for their sake that he does.
Yet the blame for the supposed costly Anderson draft should rest solidly on the mandated decision to take Stroud at #2.

Theory is they took Stroud at #2 because thay had a deal in place to trade up to #3. If they took WA at #2 it would have been way more expensive to take Stroud at #3 if they could have done it at all. Competition for the pick went away after they took Stroud at #2

Yup. It's a tandem deal. Props to Nick for how he orchestrated the trade.

Now, the talent needs to perform up to expectations.

Which 'author' and which statement? As if you hadn't made it plain your thoughts previously
Obviously whichever author made the statement that I copied into my post.
And I am delighted to have Anderson on our roster since I expect him to be a very important addition to our team.

Last edited:
Texans RB Dameon Piere won’t ‘spill the beans’ on role in new offense
Mark Lane
Sat, Jun 10, 2023, 2:25 PM CDT·2 min read

It is only natural for a running back to be excited when his team hires a Kyle Shanahan protege as their new offensive coordinator.

With new coach DeMeco Ryans came former San Francisco 49ers passing game coordinator Bobby Slowik as the new Houston Texans offensive coordinator. The 49ers were known for their rushing offense with 4.7 yards per carry, tied for eighth-most in the NFL, and the eighth-most rushing yards per game at 138.8.

Second-year running back Dameon Pierce could not hold back his enthusiasm when meeting with reporters June 6 after organized team activities.

“Oh, the more ways I can get the ball, the better, baby,” Pierce said. “I love that. I love that. But, I’ve got a lot of great guys to look at. Most recently, probably Christian McCaffrey. He thrived last year in the league, in his offense he’s just getting out of the backfield, getting in the flat, catching hitches or whatever the case may be. There’s multiple ways to get a running back the ball.”

McCaffrey generated 159 carries for 746 yards and six touchdowns along with 52 catches for 464 yards and four touchdowns in his 11 games for San Francisco following a trade with the Carolina Panthers.

However, Pierce believes his teammates in Devin Singletary and Dare Ogunbowale can provide effective models on how to thrive in the new offense.

Said Pierce: “We’ve got a lot of great third down backs. A lot of guys that I can model my game after and a lot of guys that I can learn from.”

Nevertheless McCaffrey was the first to come to Pierce’s mind because of his production and working with Slowik with the
49ers.

“It just really exemplifies Slo’s offense, more specially, his cut ups with the option routes, the angles, the whip routes. ” Pierce said. “I’m not going to say too much because I don’t want to spill the beans too much, but, yeah.”

Pierce tallied 939 rushing yards and four touchdowns for the Texans through 13 games last season, finishing third in the NFL among rookies in rushing yards.

Mark Lane

It is only natural for a running back to be excited when his team hires a Kyle Shanahan protege as their new offensive coordinator.

With new coach DeMeco Ryans came former San Francisco 49ers passing game coordinator Bobby Slowik as the new Houston Texans offensive coordinator. The 49ers were known for their rushing offense with 4.7 yards per carry, tied for eighth-most in the NFL, and the eighth-most rushing yards per game at 138.8.

Second-year running back Dameon Pierce could not hold back his enthusiasm when meeting with reporters June 6 after organized team activities.

“Oh, the more ways I can get the ball, the better, baby,” Pierce said. “I love that. I love that. But, I’ve got a lot of great guys to look at. Most recently, probably Christian McCaffrey. He thrived last year in the league, in his offense he’s just getting out of the backfield, getting in the flat, catching hitches or whatever the case may be. There’s multiple ways to get a running back the ball.”

McCaffrey generated 159 carries for 746 yards and six touchdowns along with 52 catches for 464 yards and four touchdowns in his 11 games for San Francisco following a trade with the Carolina Panthers.

However, Pierce believes his teammates in Devin Singletary and Dare Ogunbowale can provide effective models on how to thrive in the new offense.

Said Pierce: “We’ve got a lot of great third down backs. A lot of guys that I can model my game after and a lot of guys that I can learn from.”

Nevertheless McCaffrey was the first to come to Pierce’s mind because of his production and working with Slowik with the
49ers.

“It just really exemplifies Slo’s offense, more specially, his cut ups with the option routes, the angles, the whip routes. ” Pierce said. “I’m not going to say too much because I don’t want to spill the beans too much, but, yeah.”

Pierce tallied 939 rushing yards and four touchdowns for the Texans through 13 games last season, finishing third in the NFL among rookies in rushing yards.
You know there's no c in Lane

Theory is they took Stroud at #2 because thay had a deal in place to trade up to #3. If they took WA at #2 it would have been way more expensive to take Stroud at #3 if they could have done it at all. Competition for the pick went away after they took Stroud at #2
Oh. I thought he meant "mandate" as in Nick was told that he had to draft a QB.

Makes more sense like you say that it was mandatory because Nick wanted both players & it made more sense to take the QB off the board.

see below
Manufactured pressure. The Texans had a guy they coveted and went out and got him. He's got all-world production on his college resume, no character or work ethic issues. The Texans swung for the fences. I have no complaints. I just hope the entire Texans team avoids any "seams" in the turf at NRG.
Demeco had to want Anderson as much as Caserio did for ownership to OK spending that much draft capital. That tells me that Demeco has a definite vision of how Anderson will be used.
In Demeco, I trust.

Oh. I thought he meant "mandate" as in Nick was told that he had to draft a QB.

Makes more sense like you say that it was mandatory because Nick wanted both players & it made more sense to take the QB off the board.
When Caserio took Stroud, it was by mandate of Cannah (not A QB, but THE QB)...................there was no agreed upon deal with the Panthers for #3 until the Panthers were well on the clock and still dealing for the pick. Nick and Demeco's only preferred and targeted priority of the Draft from the beginning was Anderson, not Stroud.

When Caserio took Stroud, it was by mandate of Cannah (not A QB, but THE QB)...................there was no agreed upon deal with the Panthers for #3 until the Panthers were well on the clock and still dealing for the pick. Nick and Demeco's only preferred and targeted priority of the Draft from the beginning was Anderson, not Stroud.

Well the Panthers didn't have the #3 pick, so why would the Texans have an agreed upon deal with them? I do agree with the rest of your statement.
Either way the arguments are spun, the Texans swung on a hanging curveball. It'll take time to see if it was a home run or a foul ball.

So are we to hold it against Stroud the player and person that Hannah mandated his pick?

Or can we cheer him for his success and the Texans success guilt free?

You nor I know what Texans could have or will do in 2024 draft.

Mark Lane

49ers.

First snap regular season , run or pass? Maybe we should have a poll?

NAH..

Well the Panthers didn't have the #3 pick, so why would the Texans have an agreed upon deal with them? I do agree with the rest of your statement.
Either way the arguments are spun, the Texans swung on a hanging curveball. It'll take time to see if it was a home run or a foul ball.
I meant the Cardinals (not the Panthers), but I was too late to edit the post when I noticed the mistake. :tiphat:

I'm waiting for the connection. Hannah must be an OSU alum
Or perhaps Hannah saw that Stroud and Young were strata above all QBs, Young would probably be gone leaving JC. Lots [pun intended] will be made of those initials in future. She like us can see the worth of having Anderson and then they got both. Maybe that's the connection?
I have been ridiculed for years with my mocks and while my intent is to create discussion, it was satisfying to see our GM make a trade that most didn't see coming. It was not a trade I preferred but dang, kudos for the er..
Effort!

Back