Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

With the news of JK Dobbins likely suffering a torn ACL do you think there’s a possibility Mark Ingram gets traded back to the Ravens?

Would free up a roster spot for Scottie Phillips!

Why are some on here wanting to trade Ingram so badly? Do the Texans need the cap space? (This post is not meant for you)

What would you consider good value for a staring level RB?

Good question. Since RB is most devalued position (dime a dozen) i’d say a late round pick for someone like Ingram (5-6 since Michel fetched a 4&6). Or a starter at a different position.

From that perspective, you’re right its not worth it. Better to keep Ingram and his assumed production.

I dunno is there any chance of a TV blackout here in Houston for the season opener because of a failure to sell all seats ?
Actually does the NFL still have a BO policy for local audiences regarding the local teams failure to sell out ?

I dunno is there any chance of a TV blackout here in Houston for the season opener because of a failure to sell all seats ?
Actually does the NFL still have a BO policy for local audiences regarding the local teams failure to sell out ?
I remember reading somewhere that the blackout policy was suspended for 2021 but I can't find it. Below is an excerpt from wikipedia for what it is worth.

"From 1973 through 2014, the NFL maintained a blackout policy that stated that a home game cannot be televised in the team's local market if 85% of the tickets are not sold out 72 hours prior to its start time.
The league blackout policy has been suspended on a year-to-year basis since 2015."

I would think with COVID19 that it would be in their best interest to lift any blackout rules.

With this news. How likely are the Texans to trade one of their RBs? Will the Ravens want Ingram to return?

I think I'd keep Ingram & trade Lindsay. Even though I like Lindsay a lot better. I really like what I see out of Scottie Phillips & would hate to cut him.

Get something for Lindsay & plug Phillips in his spot

I think I'd keep Ingram & trade Lindsay. Even though I like Lindsay a lot better. I really like what I see out of Scottie Phillips & would hate to cut him.

Get something for Lindsay & plug Phillips in his spot
Honestly, I would trade David Johnson right now. We have seen this movie before, and he isn't going to hold up for the season. I think he would net the best value because of his pre-season so far. I am good with Lindsay as 1 with Ingram and Scottie coming in.

• August 29, 2021 Ian Rapoport reports that the Houston Texans are trading veteran DE Shaq Lawson to the New York Jets. According to Brian Costello, the Jets are sending a sixth-round pick in 2022 that was acquired from the 49ers in a trade for LB Jordan Willis to the Texans in exchange for Lawson.
Hmm...I wonder what the story is there?

Honestly, I would trade David Johnson right now. We have seen this movie before, and he isn't going to hold up for the season. I think he would net the best value because of his pre-season so far. I am good with Lindsay as 1 with Ingram and Scottie coming in.
Not that I disagree with you concerning David Johnson making it through the season but we would also then need to trade Tyrod Taylor , Jacob Martin, Titus Howard and Demarcus Walker.

He picked Luigi, right?

Screenshot-2019-02-15-at-13.14.12.png
I Deeed ittt! Lmao 🤣

So about a 50% roster turnover And all draft picks on the final roster. It’s not a retooling which I think of as first and second round draft picks and selected free agents/trades. So it’s not a retooling. I would call draft picks 3-7 and cheap FA’s/minor trades a replacement/restocking which I think is most common. Maybe. Rebuilding? Maybe but I’d expect a little larger roster turnover. Wonder what the Pats was.but the players we cut/traded made this team better by default. Would love to see Hargreaves traded and a decent cut replacement in his place…like a vet that would play cheap.

With the news of JK Dobbins likely suffering a torn ACL do you think there’s a possibility Mark Ingram gets traded back to the Ravens?

Would free up a roster spot for Scottie Phillips!

You misspelled David Johnson, but yeah, I think the Texans should trade him to the Ravens.

The announced attendance for Saturday night was 70,220. Just because there's not a butt in the seat doesn't mean the seat isn't paid for.

The announced attendance for Saturday night was 70,220. Just because there's not a butt in the seat doesn't mean the seat isn't paid for.
Understand that if a guy buys a ticket it's counted whether or not he chooses to attend the game in person, but thanks for the info about Saturdays game.

Especially when you're just wasting picks on Finley and Izzo.

The bright side of this is that at least he's not doubling down on "his guys" and forcing players onto the 53 who don't belong there.

I mean, competition, amirite?

But, yeah, if you're going to spend that kind of capital, it helps to spend it on the guys you're going to keep.

The bright side of this is that at least he's not doubling down on "his guys" and forcing players onto the 53 who don't belong there.

I mean, competition, amirite?

But, yeah, if you're going to spend that kind of capital, it helps to spend it on the guys you're going to keep.
I believe he had every intention of keeping those players…but competition got in the way as you say. In the past those guys indeed would have been slotted into the roster. say what folks will about some of the talent level, cant fix everything in one preseason, but from 1 to 53 this roster will be hand picked with the players they want to go to war with and I’m sure we are seeing that nobody should get too comfortable. To me this is exactly what this team needed to do to set a new identity. I wonder what DW thinks of the change and how he could have fit in?

The down side is that the Texans are #3 on the waiver wire. There's a 99.9% chance they could have been picked up there without spending a pick.
that was our M.O. from years past. How did that work? Go look at the waiver wire for the league. Those cuts used to fill out our roster. Sure it would be great to be 100% like everybody else in your universe but this roster has been run through a gauntlet for once and will continue to be tested.

I believe he had every intention of keeping those players…but competition got in the way as you say. In the past those guys indeed would have been slotted into the roster. say what folks will about some of the talent level, cant fix everything in one preseason, but from 1 to 53 this roster will be hand picked with the players they want to go to war with and I’m sure we are seeing that nobody should get too comfortable. To me this is exactly what this team needed to do to set a new identity. I wonder what DW thinks of the change and how he could have fit in?

We may have different views on the Watson front…..but we are 100% on the same page with this post. If this team shows all heart and no quit in 2021 it will have been a success in my eyes…..as will the blades of grass that somehow make it through the pile of dirt.

Texans' Zach Cunningham returns to work after skipping preseason game
Aug 30, 2021

Texans starting linebacker Zach Cunningham returned to work Monday.

Cunningham, the NFL's leading tackler last season, chose to skip the Texans' preseason finale against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well as practices late last week.

Texans coach David Culley characterized the absence as "personal reasons," and affirmed Monday that Cunningham was back at practice Monday.

The Texans restructured Cunningham's four-year, $58 million contract this offseason, accounting that lowered his salary-cap figure this year from $11.4 million to $5.767 million, according to NFL Players Association documents and league sources not authorized to speak publicly.

The Texans converted Cunningham's $8.5 million fully guaranteed base salary into a $7.51 million signing bonus and lowered his salary to $990,000 to add $5.63 million in salary cap space this year.

The leading tackler in the NFL last season, Cunningham was paid a $12 million signing bonus last year on a deal that includes $33.574 million total guaranteed.

Cunningham's $14.5 million annual average compensation ranks him third among inside linebackers in the league behind Bobby Wagner and C.J. Mosley.
THE REST OF THE STORY

Picking up guys on the waiver wire is our former modus operandi? It's every teams modus operandi. Trading draft picks for guys you can get on the waiver wire is Nick Caserio's modus operandi. And it needs to change because it's both wasteful and stupid.
Nope. It just would have been stupid last year because those players would have been stuck on the roster. they all are intended to stick but now they aren’t put on with glue.

We may have different views on the Watson front…..but we are 100% on the same page with this post. If this team shows all heart and no quit in 2021 it will have been a success in my eyes…..as will the blades of grass that somehow make it through the pile of dirt.
Don’t really know your view on Watson. I just don’t like what he did to this team And that is plainly evident. To the women?…I’ll let other folks tear that one apart. It’s not plainly evident. To himself? That’s the funniest **** I’ve seen anywhere. And it’s most evident.

Back