Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Player Transaction DISCUSSION Thread

No thank you. If the Patriots or Jets give him a shot then it will the a great second chance story.

If the Texans do it then it will be a story about how the Texans continually have players with sexual assault allegations.
Who cares

It should be about which players give you your best chance to win a championship. Nothing else. Screw the media. I would sue the DA's office if I was in his shoes, along with the lying hoe and anybody else I thoght I could get a dime out of.Make the lying hoe hurt. He would probably be doing somebody else a favor when they have these false accusations brought up again.

The Texans already have their punter

Desmond King release kind of upset me as I really like him as player.

That said it also strikes home to me that we now have a squad with actual talent on it now that I can be upset by a cut which hasn't happened for years as we've been so talent starved.
Cant believe they cut King and kept Murray. King's a playmaker.

It’s a competition. Of course if the season started today the guys practicing with the team would be ahead of Jones. But the competition will go on all season. And i’d say Jones is top backup by game 4 or so.
Jones will be starting on the OL somewhere by week 4. I'm guessing LG. Dude has talent.

It was the San Diego County DA office that ultimately cleared Araiza's name.
They also brought the charges that have ruined this young mans life. They should have to pay for this.

Same thing happened to a former USC LB recruit (Cant remmber his name. He did yrs of time before he was exonerated. He got paid.

They also brought the charges that have ruined this young mans life. They should have to pay for this.

Same thing happened to a former USC LB recruit (Cant remmber his name. He did yrs of time before he was exonerated. He got paid.
That was Brian Banks..........imprisoned 6 yrs and on parole 12. I remember the case because I reported on it the same year that the Houston Texans franchise kicked off.

Last edited:
That was Brian Banks..........imprisoned 6 yrs and on parole 12. I remember the case because I reported on it the same year that the Houston Texans franchise kicked off.
Yeah he took a plea deal because his attorney told him he would just get probation if he plead No Contest. Seems like if you have a good lawyer, are white, and go to Stanford you can be found guilty; serve 3 months and get 3 years probation.

I've been asked to explain "waived injured designation." The player goes to waiver...........if he clears, the player may be claimed by the waiving team and immediately be placed on IR...........after that, the waiving team either decide to keep the player for the future, or release him with an injury settlement.

So although it is most likely that if Lopez clears waivers, the Texans place him on IR and release him with an injury settlement rather than keep him for next year.

I've been asked to explain "waived injured designation." The player goes to waiver...........if he clears, the player may be claimed by the waiving team and immediately be placed on IR...........after that, the waiving team either decide to keep the player for the future, or release him with an injury settlement.

So although it is most likely that if Lopez clears waivers, the Texans place him on IR and release him with an injury settlement rather than keep him for next year.
Except...how quickly, or slowly, can he clear waivers and then be claimed by the Texans? Before 3pm tomorrow? Or after?

Can another team claim them and immediately put them on waivers or do they have to have an open roster spot?

Can another team claim them and immediately put them on waivers or do they have to have an open roster spot?
They have to fit somewhere in the available (or quickly created) roster numbers. Once another team claims a player off of waivers, they can keep the player or release that player shortly thereafter..............it is the new team's player to do as they wish.

I think the rule is, normally 24 hours to clear waivers. However, during final cut down, the period is shortened to end at noon the following day.

My understanding of the rule is that the player will now be exposed to waivers and will then revert to IR if he's not claimed by another team.

If another team does not claim him off waivers he will automatically go back to the Texans on IR whether they want him or not. Otherwise teams could waive injured players & they would not get an injury settlement if they were not on a team.

My understanding of the rule is that the player will now be exposed to waivers and will then revert to IR if he's not claimed by another team.

If another team does not claim him off waivers he will automatically go back to the Texans on IR whether they want him or not. Otherwise teams could waive injured players & they would not get an injury settlement if they were not on a team.
Plus, the waiver period is shortened during cutdown to 53, from the normal 24 hours, to noon on the following day...tomorrow noon...before the 3pm cut down deadline and start of the regular season. Therefore the player has to sit out for the entire season and not just the 4 games, if the team elects to keep him rather than pay the injury settlement.

Thanks for the catch. My post should have read "will" by claimed instead of "may" be claimed by the waiving team.

By putting Lopez on waiver wire, it would seem that the Texans are not really wanting to retain him and is not worried that he goes to another team.:

In the past, prior to the final cutdown date, injured players with less than four years of service could not go onto IR without first passing through waivers. A 2018 NFL By-Laws change has made it no longer necessary to place non-vested veterans on Injury-Waivers before placing them on IR. In the past, the need for Injury Waivers caused teams to risk losing the player to a waiver claim and on occasion some teams took advantage of this to poach players. As such, teams would often continue to carry the player on the 90-man roster until the final cutdown in order to not risk losing the player. The new By-Law solves this issue and non-vested veterans can now go directly onto IR without having to first pass through Waivers.
LINK

Tank is the best PR we have. I'm basing it on that one return, but those who have seen camp said he was good there too.

That said, that makes me as nervous as a tom turkey invited to Thanksgiving dinner.

Personally, I think they appear to be giving Tank short shrift in relationship to how good he is as a WR. If they are mostly relegating him to teams/returns, it's a HUGE mistake.

Tank imho is the best offensive weapon and playmaker this team has already, and he's only touching the surface. I understand they may be worried about durability, but staying durable on the sidelines while less effective players are out there would be criminal. You took him not becausea of his weight, but because he is smooth as silk, and gets separation like nobody else...and has field speed like nobody's business. But I fear that's where this is headed.

Back