Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texan Fans Fantasy Football

Given that kickers should always be taken in the final round of FF, and Kris Brown is, statistically, the worst kicker inthe NFL over the past three years, he has to logically be the worst fantasy pick ever. Just sayin' .....

Made my pick. Anyone willing to trade for Ronald Curry or Devin Hester? I'm not asking much ;)

Given that kickers should always be taken in the final round of FF, and Kris Brown is, statistically, the worst kicker inthe NFL over the past three years, he has to logically be the worst fantasy pick ever. Just sayin' .....

Made my pick. Anyone willing to trade for Ronald Curry or Devin Hester? I'm not asking much ;)

I know it is only preseason and all but 8 for 8 in field goals isn't bad. So 8X3 =24. 24 points. Throw in 3 extra points for a total of 27 points in 2 games for my BACK UP kicker. I'll take it.

Might even end up as trade bait.

I was really hoping Krusty Kris would be there for my last pick and I would have at least one Texan to cheer for on my team. You stupid homers ruined that plan though.

:whip: :specnatz: :splits:

I know it is only preseason and all but 8 for 8 in field goals isn't bad. So 8X3 =24. 24 points. Throw in 3 extra points for a total of 27 points in 2 games for my BACK UP kicker. I'll take it.

I think Kris is going to get a lot of chances this year. Don't know about carrying two kickers, but I like the pick overall.

Might even end up as trade bait.

Let's not get carried away. :)

I think Kris is going to get a lot of chances this year. Don't know about carrying two kickers, but I like the pick overall.

Well, I have a back up for every position. I can't start more than 2 RBs or 3 WRs so I wanted to be able to bring people in off my roster for bye weeks. Sure there might be some one on my roster that doesn't live up to the hype but by the time I realize that I might need to drop a player, some one else will have to drop a player or go into a game short because they didn't think about bye weeks.

The waiver wire is now open for all of you to fix your crappy teams.

Again...please check your rosters...if you don't have your posting name as or in your team name...longballers, bruizers i.e.....make sure I didn't mess up your picks.

Here are the rosters as of now.

A7X Sharks
M Leinart
P Rivers
M Barber III
M Bennett
C Henry
D McAllister
H Baskett
K Curtis
M Harrison
V Jackson
J Jones
D Clark
R McMichael
Bears (DST)
N Kaeding

Axman40 Army of Darkness
B Roethlisberger
T Romo
R Bush
T Henry
A Peterson
M Turner
D Bennett
D Carter
M Colston
A Gonzalez
T Houshmandzadeh
V Davis
L Smith
Vikings (DST)
S Gostkowski

Baytown Bruizers
J Losman
V Young
R Brown
D Foster
L Johnson
D Branch
M Clayton
J Cotchery
D Driver
A Gates
B Watson
Dolphins (DST)
Texans (DST)
K Brown
A Vinatieri

CarrWrecked Checo
R Grossman
E Manning
L Betts
S Jackson
C Portis
D Rhodes
C Williams
P Burress
B Edwards
J Horn
J Porter
R Wayne
C Cooley
Eagles (DST)
O Mare

Chris Simms's Spleen
D Brees
M Schaub
T Bell
F Gore
T Jones
K Jones
J Jones
M Furrey
T Glenn
D Hackett
A Johnson
B Jones
A Crumpler
Ravens (DST)
J Elam

Earl's Gridiron Gremlins
P Manning
S McNair
E James
J Lewis
M Lynch
L White
D Henderson
C Johnson
A Lelie
R Moss
S Moss
D Graham
K Winslow
Cowboys (DST)
R Gould

Eriadoc
J Delhomme
D McNabb
S Alexander
R Droughns
B Jackson
B Jacobs
C Taylor
R Curry
D Hester
D Jackson
B Marshall
T Owens
S Smith
J Shockey
Panthers (DST)

Mighty Hutto Stinkweasels

M Hasselbeck
C Pennington
W Dunn
R Johnson
L Jordan
J Norwood
W Parker
L Coles
L Evans
L Fitzgerald
M Jones
T Gonzalez
G Olsen
Jets (DST)
M Nugent

RickyB's Rooster Masters
M Bulger
J Addai
M Bell
R Dayne
A Green
D Williams
C Chambers
C Henry
T Holt
E Kennison
E Parker
D Stallworth
J Witten
Steelers (DST)
S Graham

Santo
T Brady
A Smith
C Benson
L Maroney
L Washington
B Berrian
A Boldin
S Holmes
A Randle El
S Rice
O Daniels
H Miller
Packers (DST)
Patriots (DST)
M Stover

Steves Long Ballers 8-80
B Favre
J Kitna
W McGahee
A Thomas
B Westbrook
M Booker
R Brown
I Bruce
G Jennings
D Mason
J Walker
R Williams
B Scaife
Chargers (DST)
N Rackers

TD Express
J Cutler
C Palmer
C Brown
M Jones-Drew
F Taylor
L Tomlinson
J Galloway
C Johnson
J Jones
M Muhammad
H Ward
T Williamson
T Heap
Broncos (DST)
J Wilkins

All your base are belong to me.

How do we use the free agent waiver wire on the EA site? I checked around, and while I may be missing something, it doesn't appear to be all that intuitive.

I think I like TD Express' lineup the best, with mine coming in second. Some other folks have nice depth, though, so we'll see how that all plays out. I do NOT like my backup QB, and McNabb will probably get injured again.

TD express benefitted from some strange first and second round picks to get LT and Chad Johnson and still come up with depth at RB and WR.

Sick team right there.

Ward, Muhammed, and Galloway are a pretty solid trio, especially when you have LT and MJD, with Chris Brown and Fred Taylor on byes.

Palmer at QB and Heap at TE ain't bad, either.

Everyone target TD Express :D

All your base are belong to me.

How do we use the free agent waiver wire on the EA site? I checked around, and while I may be missing something, it doesn't appear to be all that intuitive.
Click on the players tab and then click on free agents and you can drop and add players there.
:texflag:

Carrwrecked and Earl got off to good starts last night, but there must have been a bit of "Yes!!!" and "Dammit!!" by both of you on those Manning to Wayne hookups.

yeah. but i didn't mind the td passes to wayne probably as much as earl as i got 6 points per td vs. peytons 4 points per td.... still a long way to go this weekend,

I was amazed at the Saints doing their old Texan imitation .

I played Henderson to make the game more interesting and the Saints spit the bit .

I found it funny that they kept giving Reggie the ball on draws when they're losing by 30 .

yeah. but i didn't mind the td passes to wayne probably as much as earl as i got 6 points per td vs. peytons 4 points per td.... still a long way to go this weekend,

That's the way it is sometimes . I was yelling for him to throw more to Marvin or Clark .

I was amazed at the Saints doing their old Texan imitation .

I played Henderson to make the game more interesting and the Saints spit the bit .

I found it funny that they kept giving Reggie the ball on draws when they're losing by 30 .

I started Drew Brees and he racked up a whopping 1 pt for me.:thud:

Plaxico and Eli Manning was a deadly combination tonight... Just have to hope both Edge and CJ don't kill me tomorrow....:whip:

I think I got my arse handed to me. :(

On the upside, my late picks and waiver wire pickup look really good.

I cannot believe Ax came from behind to decapitate the Roosters. He says I was too busy countin' my chickens.

Hutto -- you need to get thee to Third Base one of these Sundays for the Watch Party. I met Ax there this weekend. It was awesome, went something like this.

"Hi, I'm Axman."

"Hey, I'm RickyB."
and without skipping a beat...

"RickyB! You are going to get strummed today."

And behold, so it is written, so it is done.

Good on ya, Ax.

Its going to be tough to beat you this week Karl. Stupid me bought into the hype about Plaxico possibly being out. My fate relies on Roydell Williams and that is just sad...

Well its official...my team sucks.

I can't believe I was reduced to picking up (and playing) Sammy Morris this week. What's worse, is that it actually was a good move.:cool:

I cannot believe Ax came from behind to decapitate the Roosters. He says I was too busy countin' my chickens.

Hutto -- you need to get thee to Third Base one of these Sundays for the Watch Party. I met Ax there this weekend. It was awesome, went something like this.

"Hi, I'm Axman."

"Hey, I'm RickyB."
and without skipping a beat...

"RickyB! You are going to get strummed today."

And behold, so it is written, so it is done.

Good on ya, Ax.

I'll try to get out there at some point this season. With Sundays being the only day I really get with my family due to work/stepdaughter issues, it's hard to not be around them when I can. Maybe that Denver game on Thursday night televised only on NFL Network....sounds fun.

Well its official...my team sucks.

I can't believe I was reduced to picking up (and playing) Sammy Morris this week. What's worse, is that it actually was a good move.:cool:

I can send you Lamont or Warrick or someone for a WR who doesn't suck butt.

Ha Ha...define suck butt. My starting 3 WR this week scored a whopping 5 points...COMBINED.

The scoring system is OK with me, but some people have really lucked out with the no negative points part. (Yeah, I'm talking about you Axman) Romo getting 18 points Monday night doesn't really seem right.

BTW Sharks, I offered you a trade Monday that I haven't heard back on.

The scoring system is OK with me, but some people have really lucked out with the no negative points part. (Yeah, I'm talking about you Axman) Romo getting 18 points Monday night doesn't really seem right.

BTW Sharks, I offered you a trade Monday that I haven't heard back on.
Tony Romo best 6th round pick to date!
:cowboy1:

Tomlinson is finally playing like a #1 pick. 198 yards and 4 TD's so far today.

Shoot, I might outscore Axman. (unfortunately, I play him next week) :cowboy1:

I knew I was taking a chance with VY but I thought he would run in a few TDs. Who would havew thought that he can't throw or run.

Back