Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans. 1/1. Noon. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

I'm not. It's in their genetic makeup to embarrass themselves.

10-6 in a year when the Colts don't have Peyton Manning is pretty much like 8-8 if you ask me. Now granted the Colts did win one anyway but still, how does that 9-7 taste?

Weeks ago we were looking at the very possibility of 13-3 or 12-4. Then we went back to being Kubiak's Texans.

I thought it was kind of a nice touch giving a guy who played hard for Houston a chance to get smashed next week. Very kind to hand Munchak a victory, very sporting. There's no way Tennessee should even stay on the field with the Texans next week. Definitely the least intimidating option. You want Cincy with Maualuga looking to make a name for himself, the next Ray Lewis? I don't. Cincy is much more talented than the Titans. Caveat, any given Sunday.

I don't understand all the complaining.

Yeah i wanted to win too but our backups almost beat the Titans who were playing for their playoff life.

Think about that. A team we may get next week could barely beat us with nobody good in.

I hope we draw them next week. They suck.

Our backups kept it competitive. Can't wait to see the starters play against the Titans.

Seriously? If this is the best the Titans can do against our backups i would love to see them next week.

Ah well, look how the 2nd and 3 rd string did against the Titans 1st string...

You all better hope we don't get a really BAD ref crew next week.

You're acting like it's a given that we'll beat them next week.

Do you not know that anything can happen in the playoffs? Bad reffing, fluke plays, our team just being "off" for one reason or another?

We didn't beat them TODAY, and we haven't played them yet next week either. So why don't we just say that T-O-D-A-Y we could have beaten them if we stuck to a game plan and strategy of using our best players? Why is that so hard?

But no. We almost beat them today, so therefore we will beat them next week.

Oh yeah, except this:

WHAT IF THEY BEAT US AT HOME NEXT WEEK?????????

Wouldn't that be a delicious piece of **** pie for us to eat for the whole off-season while Titans fans bombard us with smack talk about how "The REAL AFC South champions" beat the fake AFC South champions? Do you guys not understand this? You don't lay off like this, you capitalize and you shove the dagger into their hearts. Period.

That had to be on purpose, right? I mean once dreessen crapped the bed, that normally dicates an extra point and tie the game right? Our coach and b/up center can't be that dumb right?

I felt if the game meant something within playoff seedlings, an extra point would have been kicked

Yep, You ready to check out #4?

why cause our 2nd string nearly beat the titans entire first string. I'm not happy about the loss either, especially giving the titans a chance to make the playoffs, but come on man, the titans are nothing. Plus they still need more help.

And Jake Delhomme went from looking serviceable to pretty clutch at the end of the game. A win win game in spite of losing.

Do you not know that anything can happen in the playoffs? Bad reffing, fluke plays, our team just being "off" for one reason or another?

We didn't beat them TODAY, and we haven't played them yet next week either. So why don't we just say that T-O-D-A-Y we could have beaten them if we stuck to a game plan and strategy of using our best players? Why is that so hard?

Oh yeah, except this:

Wouldn't that be a delicious piece of **** pie for us to eat for the whole off-season while Titans fans bombard us with smack talk about how "The REAL AFC South champions" beat the fake AFC South champions? Do you guys not understand this? You don't lay off like this, you capitalize and you shove the dagger into their hearts. Period.

Anybody can beat anybody then. Who gives a ****.

Dude, you really went from wishy-washy to full-bore ridiculous in about 40 minutes.

And for the record, I wanted to beat the **** out of Tennessee today too. I'm just not obnoxious about it.

I don't understand all the complaining.

Yeah i wanted to win too but our backups almost beat the Titans who were playing for their playoff life.

Think about that. A team we may get next week could barely beat us with nobody good in.

I hope we draw them next week. They suck.

Hmmm.....

Colts suck the worst in the whole NFL, and we couldn't beat them.

Any given Sunday, mariowillshine15. Any given Sunday.

You don't ease up like we did today. You just can't do it. It's bad mojo.

A fan hoping to roll into his or her first every Texan playoff game with as healthy of a roster as possible has just as much merit as your approach to winning today's game.

I don't understand the criticism.

We had a chance to sweep the Titans and end their chances of going to the playoffs entirely. We are backing into the playoffs on a three game losing streak. We have provided another weeks worth of comedy gold for the highlight reels.

The only reason you don't understand the criticism is that you are so ****ing far gone down the road of accepting this **** as good enough that it doesn't reach you.

Next week we're going to bumble our way through the franchises first embarrassing playoff loss and you won't understand why I'll be pissed off about that either.

why u fine with losing

Oh yeah, you're another Texans fan.

:toropalm:

What's more? The Texans end up 10-6 on the season. Only one game above 2009, while the Titans have matched our 2009 record by winning today.

I'll never believe Kubiak again (not that I ever should have - shame on me), but that whole, "We'll prepare for this game like any other. It's important to go into the playoffs with momentum."

You not only have no momentum now, but a loss is still a loss where I come from. Rotating the starters would have been a better way to go...unless you really didn't want to win.

Why doesn't Kubiak put Chris Myers and the rest of the starters back into the lineup on the 2-point conversion?

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You have a chance to win the game and put the Titans out of the playoffs, and you leave some guy named Austin in at center to blow the shotgun snap.

LOL.

You guys, I am going to have to go do some yard work now. Physical exertion to work out the pissed off feelings I have right now.

U would b saying the exact opposite if one of then got injured

At least it was a game at the end... I don't feel anything about this game itself... Not pissed, not happy...

Andre's healthy coming out, Foster got a break, JJo got a break, OD got a break, Breisel will hopefully be back... Excited for next week...

Titans next week are the dream scenario. By far the best matchup and the only team the Texans would be favored against.

As of right now, I would give the Bengals and Raiders the edge if the Texans played them.

why cause our 2nd string nearly beat the titans entire first string. I'm not happy about the loss either, especially giving the titans a chance to make the playoffs, but come on man, the titans are nothing. Plus they still need more help.

Yeah, Titans are nothing. Colts were nothing but we lost to them. Panthers were sporting what? 2 wins or something? We lost to them too. Now the Titans are nothing and we've lost to them as well.

What's that quote about winning becoming a habit but unfortunately so is losing. Guess which habit we need to break badly?

Dobbins hit Hall into next weeks rubber match hahaha.

PS
I'm fine w the outcome of this game. It wasnt even our 2nd string guys vs their 1s. We had 3s in there.

Hmmm.....

Colts suck the worst in the whole NFL, and we couldn't beat them.

Any given Sunday, mariowillshine15. Any given Sunday.

You don't ease up like we did today. You just can't do it. It's bad mojo.

Neither could the Titans beat the same Colts, what is your damn point?

Anybody can beat anybody then. Who gives a ****.

Dude, you really went from wishy-washy to full-bore ridiculous in about 40 minutes.

Losing to a non-AFC South team in the playoffs, our first EVER playoff game, is not an option for THIS fan.

I'd rather face anybody but the Titans, and I don't care how easy they might SEEMINGLY be. What Texans fan would (A) want a divisional foe to get into the playoffs merely by beating us in the final reg season game, and (B) have to face that same team again in the playoffs only to risk losing to them????

Yeah, I'm not the ridiculous one here. That sort of scenario would earn Gary Kubiak the honor of being JUSTLY called a "loser" of epic proportions. I thought this team was turning around and was shying away from such tactics as what Kubiak used today, but I guess not.

This is classic Kubiak Cute all over again, and I hate it. Sue me.

What's more? The Texans end up 10-6 on the season. Only one game above 2009, while the Titans have matched our 2009 record by winning today.

I'll never believe Kubiak again (not that I ever should have - shame on me), but that whole, "We'll prepare for this game like any other. It's important to go into the playoffs with momentum."

You not only have no momentum now, but a loss is still a loss where I come from. Rotating the starters would have been a better way to go...unless you really didn't want to win.

Momentum has been proven to not mean **** in the NFL playoffs.

The Saints lost their last 3 games before winning their Super Bowl. The Giants lost to the Patriots before going on their run.

We like to think (as it would stand to reason) that momentum matters going into the playoffs, but it it really doesn't matter.

Key players got rested without major injury in a meaningless game I guess. I just hate to see the Texans lose any game. But I will take playoffs over this game.

Go Texans!!!

Kubiak wouldn't know what momentum was if he got a demonstration from Sandusky against a shower wall. That stupid, sorry Aggie piece of **** can go **** himself after today (and the past three weeks). My time as a Texans fan has just become a long wait to see his ass in the unemployment line. He could walk on water carrying four lombardi's and I'd have no use for him.

Oh yeah, except this:

What if Myers, Foster, Joseph, Cushing or anyone else gets hurt?

We simply cannot afford any more injuries to key players, then we'd lose any ways and instead would have to wonder what could have been.

If we lose to the Titans next week than so be it. It would be a deserved loss. I don't give a flip what Titan fans think, they are usually over confident and I'm sure they are prancing about right now about how they beat us.

OR WHAT IF Cincy gets in but Myers just went down on a useless game we didn't even need.

Team played hard IMO, (YES you can play hard in a loss) the B-team of the Texans almost beat a team that was doing everything it could to win the game.

I'd rather face anybody but the Titans,

Same. Not because I'm scared of the Titans though. I just don't want to play them. That's why I wanted to take 'em out today. It didn't happen. Oh well. I'm not going to be an obnoxious douche about it.

If we get the titans next week no I'm not really worried, but damn does it sting to lose a game we should have won. Backups burying the titans feels a lot better than comedy highlight reel.

Oh yeah, except this:

So you wanted us to go all out, play all of our starters and risk further injury just so the TITANS don't make the playoffs? No matter what happens, the Texans ARE playing next week. The Titans might, the Bengals might, the Raiders might, etc.. but we are and we prepared for what's more important to US. You have to look at the bigger picture, the Titans still need A LOT to happen just to get in. Imagine if Andre got hurt again or Foster's knee became worse from playing today but we still won. Awesome, now we get to have to play out first playoff game with out key players but it's all good because we eliminated the Titans from making the playoffs yay!!!

What did you guys expect?????

Foster,jj,Daniels inactive today.

Starters left early in the game

Bitching about this loss, when you saw the writing on the wall EARLY in the game

I don't like losing ANYTIME. however WE saw what was happening. Playing our starters for a bit and then pull them... Most on here would like that scenario going into this game.

Losing to a non-AFC South team in the playoffs, our first EVER playoff game, is not an option for THIS fan.

I'd rather face anybody but the Titans, and I don't care how easy they might SEEMINGLY be. What Texans fan would (A) want a divisional foe to get into the playoffs merely by beating us in the final reg season game, and (B) have to face that same team again in the playoffs only to risk losing to them????

Yeah, I'm not the ridiculous one here. That sort of scenario would earn Gary Kubiak the honor of being JUSTLY called a "loser" of epic proportions. I thought this team was turning around and was shying away from such tactics as what Kubiak used today, but I guess not.

This is classic Kubiak Cute all over again, and I hate it. Sue me.

More of a classic overreaction is more like it...

Besides, Cincy still has to play, and sorry, I want THIS Titans team that barely beat the Texans 2nd and 3 rd stringers than a high powered, pissed off Cincy team...

U would b saying the exact opposite if one of then got injured

How do you know that? You are in my brain now? No, you're not.

Any player can get hurt in a thousand ways, ChrisG. They could trip on the stairs of the facility. They can trip while jogging down the field during a routine punt. On and on, etc., etc.

I would not have faulted Kubiak for injuries to ANY player in this game had he kept them out there. PLAY TO WIN.

You can't be this cautious and expect to win in the NFL, not at least if you want to win meaningful games deep into the part of the season when most teams are staying home and watching on TV.

No way on earth would I do what you allege against me. Strike 1, ChrisG.

Kubiak wouldn't know what momentum was if he got a demonstration from Sandusky against a shower wall. That stupid, sorry Aggie piece of **** can go **** himself after today (and the past three weeks). My time as a Texans fan has just become a long wait to see his ass in the unemployment line. He could walk on water carrying four lombardi's and I'd have no use for him.

Then get off the ****in ship, bro. Didn't you have a Steelers avatar for a while? Go root for them. They have a good coach.

Momentum has been proven to not mean **** in the NFL playoffs.

The Saints lost their last 3 games before winning their Super Bowl. The Giants lost to the Patriots before going on their run.

We like to think (as it would stand to reason) that momentum matters going into the playoffs, but it it really doesn't matter.

And that's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen you type.

To some teams momentum is priceless. To others not so much. To teams learning how to win and going into the playoffs for the first time it's going to hold a lot more value than to a veteran team that's seen the postseason.

Next week I hope you're right but I'm not counting on it. I expect the Texans to look like they had nap time before kickoff and bumble their way through their first playoff loss.

Wonder how long it will take Gary to get .500

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bet you this: If a starter gets hurt, think Kubiak wouldn't hear criticism? He would, and that's a fact. Let's get ready for Cincy or Tennessee, fam!

Yeah, Titans are nothing. Colts were nothing but we lost to them. Panthers were sporting what? 2 wins or something? We lost to them too. Now the Titans are nothing and we've lost to them as well.

What's that quote about winning becoming a habit but unfortunately so is losing. Guess which habit we need to break badly?

Lol, 2 wins? I think they are 7-9? If they won today, I haven't seen the score. Plus they have a top 5 offense, and Cam Newton is almost unstoppable when he wants to be.

The Colts loss was pathetic, though.

Titans beat our team by ONE. With mainly backups in the 2nd half, and no Joseph or Foster.

What did you guys expect?????

Foster,jj,Daniels inactive today.

Starters left early in the game

Bitching about this loss, when you saw the writing on the wall EARLY in the game

I don't like losing ANYTIME. however WE saw what was happening. Playing our starters for a bit and then pull them... Most on here would like that scenario going into this game.

I wanted killer instinct. This team has zero.

Then get off the ****in ship, bro. Didn't you have a Steelers avatar for a while? Go root for them. They have a good coach.

I do still root for them as well as "the home team". It's not my fault the home team is led by a retard who can't win as many games as he loses (and seemingly never will).

Same. Not because I'm scared of the Titans though. I just don't want to play them. That's why I wanted to take 'em out today. It didn't happen. Oh well. I'm not going to be an obnoxious douche about it.

No, instead you're going to be an obnoxious douche by smack talking your fellow fans. Hope you feel better.

Where have I, GP, thrown out personal insults like you do in this back and forth we're having amongst fellow fans in this thread? I haven't. Until now. So you're a DOUCHE too. We're even.

Talk the topic, not the poster.

No, instead you're going to be an obnoxious douche by smack talking your fellow fans. Hope you feel better.

Where have I, GP, thrown out personal insults like you do in this back and forth we're having amongst fellow fans in this thread? I haven't. Until now. So you're a DOUCHE too. We're even.

Talk the topic, not the poster.

I really dont care. You and Hervoyel are being obnoxious *********s today.

It's not "back and forth", it's stupidity from you two. Good Lord, calm the **** down the both of you.

Hell, playing the Titans next week is the ONLY game I would expect the Texans to win.

I would expect being underdogs against the Bengals or Raiders.

Lol Titans need 3 other teams to win today. I don't think any decision made today about the PT of starters was based on the Titans chances of making the playoffs.

They still have a lot of scoreboard watching to do apparently.

LOL, so much bitching about a meaningless game. I believe the Titans need 3 teams ALL to win? So if one of those teams loses and the Titans don't make it, I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people complaining would be changing their tune. We are going to the PLAYOFFS next week, this game had no meaning to us cheer up people

Back