Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans. 1/1. Noon. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

If this was our starters and it was the colts game part deaux then I would be pissed

My only point to what you're saying is this: What IF we have a repeat brain fart performance next week like we did vs. Colts with all these badd-ass starters we have?

They should have been played, or at least insert key players into the lineup on the 2-point conversion to have a great shot at converting it and winning the game. Our guys high-five each other and laugh at the Titans, and they go home knowing they have ZERO shot at playoffs and no chance at meeting us again.

My only point to what you're saying is this: What IF we have a repeat brain fart performance next week like we did vs. Colts with all these badd-ass starters we have?

They should have been played, or at least insert key players into the lineup on the 2-point conversion to have a great shot at converting it and winning the game.

i do however agree with this, how bout put in the starting O-Line for this one play

I see what you are saying.I was focusing on the Bengals losing (or hoping) LOL

Well right now both the Broncos and Raiders are losing. I am so happy that the Texans controlled their own fate the whole way through. It sucks having to root for other average teams.

In the end it seems the Titans need a 3 way tie and that is their only ticket in as of now.

i do however agree with this, how bout put in the starting O-Line for this one play

They aren't loose. They've been standing not doing anything for over an hour knowing their day was pretty much over, you are asking for someone to get hurt by throwing them out there cold and expecting them to go 100% even for one play. I don't think anyone was expecting for us to get the ball back at the end, I doubt they got a chance to properly warm up

They aren't loose. They've been standing not doing anything for over an hour knowing their day was pretty much over, you are asking for someone to get hurt by throwing them out there cold and expecting them to go 100% even for one play. I don't think anyone was expecting for us to get the ball back at the end, I doubt they got a chance to properly warm up

Exactly.

I am a female and I really resent that remark.

Just kidding. I'm a dude, and the Midol doesn't work. Beer, however...does.

If I wasn't on Tapatalk I'd rep.

But never tell a female that Midol doesn't work. Or that she's on her period. Or pretty much anything.

They should have been played, or at least insert key players into the lineup on the 2-point conversion to have a great shot at converting it and winning the game. Our guys high-five each other and laugh at the Titans, and they go home knowing they have ZERO shot at playoffs and no chance at meeting us again.

so the starters should have stayed stretching and riding bikes for this one glorious play.

to me I don't understand the bitching that is going on (not pointing fingers here just saying in general).. if this would have meant something ...after the false start penalty by dreeson... Kubiak would have kicked for the tie.. I know Kubiak isn't the smartest person in the room at times, but going for two after the penalty instead of the tie.. basically says"lets get out of here, win or lose and prepare for the playoffs"

This isn't a new thing that teams pull their starters when they have nothing to gain when it comes to playoff position and seating ..

We have seen this year in and year out.

This is a lame talking point. Nobody should fault Kubiak if he tried to win a game and a player got hurt in it. Rubbish red herring you and others are throwing out.

Agreed.

If I was a season ticket holder and saw this game get handled the way it was, I'd feel a little cheated, personally. You guys just paid reg season prices to watch essentially a 5th preseason game.

Delhomme played well enough to lead this team to a win, and Kubiak cut his knees out from underneath him by putting in 2nd and 3rd string o-linemen who couldn't run block and couldn't pass protect. And STILL, Delhomme almost got it done.

What a **** thing to do to a guy like Delhomme, making him play with scrubs while the opponent hunts you down all game long and you don't stand a chance against it....but yet he still almost got it done??? LOL.

Just a little help is all we needed. Just a little help from the HC.

During the entire back segment of the season, we've played not to lose..........and we've lost. In this game, it appeared that the first option was to lose, the second was to lose while not trying to look like we were trying to lose.

For the record.. I DON"T LIKE LOSING .. but we saw what was coming based on the inactive report.. we knew this was a rest up game, 5th preseason game.

I know Brady and Brees and all them played, but they are still fighting for position in the playoffs. The Texans screwed that with dumb losses to the Colts,Oakland and the Panthers, while the starters where in.

During the entire back segment of the season, we've played not to lose..........and we've lost. In this game, it appeared that the first option was to lose, the second was to lose while not trying to look like we were trying to lose.

since Yates came in .. I think Gary has pulled in the reigns .. offense ran very Carr-esque. and probably to let the youngster get a feel of the game.(I hope)

since Yates came in .. I think Gary has pulled in the reigns .. offense ran very Carr-esque. and probably to let the youngster get a feel of the game.(I hope)

Just that more reason to have all the starters play together as much as possible going into the "important" games.

FYI. Yates did not suffer a concussion. As I speculated earlier, he sustained a shoulder injury to his no-throwing arm (left). He could have returned if needed.

I am a female and I really resent that remark.

Just kidding. I'm a dude, and the Midol doesn't work. Beer, however...does.

There are many men that take their wives', girlfriends' and daughters' Midol for various reasons. Correctly matched to the problem, they can be just as effective as more manly labeled medications. They can work especially well for headaches and some migraines.

Midol Extended Relief
contains naproxen sodium

Midol Teen formula contains acetaminophen and pamabrom

Midol Cramps and Body Aches contains ibuprofen

Midol Menstrual Complete
contains acetaminophen, caffeine, and pyrilamine

various ingredients included in the above:

acetaminophen
is a mild pain reliever
ibuprofen and naproxen are pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medications
pamabrom is a mild diuretic used to treat bloating
pyrilamine is an antihistamine used to treat irritability (may cause sedation)
caffeine is a stimulant and diuretic and helps acetaminophen work more effectively

You can be THE MAN..........and still take your Midol.:tiphat:

There are many men that take their wives', girlfriends' and daughters' Midol for various reasons. Correctly matched to the problem, they can be just as effective as more manly labeled medications. They can work especially well for headaches and some migraines.

Midol Extended Relief
contains naproxen sodium

Midol Teen formula contains acetaminophen and pamabrom

Midol Cramps and Body Aches contains ibuprofen

Midol Menstrual Complete
contains acetaminophen, caffeine, and pyrilamine

various ingredients included in the above:

acetaminophen
is a mild pain reliever
ibuprofen and naproxen are pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medications
pamabrom is a mild diuretic used to treat bloating
pyrilamine is an antihistamine used to treat irritability (may cause sedation)
caffeine is a stimulant and diuretic and helps acetaminophen work more effectively

You can be THE MAN..........and still take your Midol.:tiphat:

I think I might have to get my wife some Midol Menstrual Complete......and a bottle for me, too!

Thanks for the info, CND! Pyrilamine. PY. RIL. AMINE. Pyrilamine. Py-ril-amine. Just trying to remember this word, because some sedation would be nice right now. Two weeks until me and my wife close on our newly built home, and the Texans in the playoffs, seems that PYRILAMINE might be my new favorite word.

Back