Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans. 1/1. Noon. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

I do still root for them as well as "the home team". It's not my fault the home team is led by a retard who can't win as many games as he loses (and seemingly never will).

Again I say, I don't want to hear a mother****ing word out of you if we win next week.

You all better hope we don't get a really BAD ref crew next week.

You're acting like it's a given that we'll beat them next week.

Do you not know that anything can happen in the playoffs? Bad reffing, fluke plays, our team just being "off" for one reason or another?

We didn't beat them TODAY, and we haven't played them yet next week either. So why don't we just say that T-O-D-A-Y we could have beaten them if we stuck to a game plan and strategy of using our best players? Why is that so hard?

But no. We almost beat them today, so therefore we will beat them next week.

Oh yeah, except this:

WHAT IF THEY BEAT US AT HOME NEXT WEEK?????????

Wouldn't that be a delicious piece of **** pie for us to eat for the whole off-season while Titans fans bombard us with smack talk about how "The REAL AFC South champions" beat the fake AFC South champions? Do you guys not understand this? You don't lay off like this, you capitalize and you shove the dagger into their hearts. Period.

I genuinely believe that the number of Texans fans who haven't become neutered, nutless, apologist, panty-shields numbers about "5" give or take. If Kubiak had them come out of the tunnel in diapers, crap their pants, and suck their thumbs then somebody in here would a) rationalize why that was probably a good thing, and then b) turn around and start talking about what a bunch of bad fans those who had a problem with it were. If you're fine with this loss regardless of what your rationale is then I've got no use for you. Enjoy your family entertainment.

LOL, so much bitching about a meaningless game. I believe the Titans need 3 teams ALL to win? So if one of those teams loses and the Titans don't make it, I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people complaining would be changing their tune. We are going to the PLAYOFFS next week, this game had no meaning to us cheer up people

Some people don't want to cheer up. They want to further their annoying, dead-ass-horse agenda.

This team coasted in benching several key players and almost still won it at the end. And I like the decision to go for two at the end; there was more to lose in potential OT injuries than there was to gain by hoping to win it in OT.

The Texans are hardly the first playoff team with little to play for in Week 17 to drain the bench. I think the only coach who rarely sits his starters in a meaningless Week 17 game (in terms of playoff position) is Belichick. And one of these days he'll get bitten in the ass when a starter goes down. But the point is, Kubiak is far from alone in approaching a Week 17 game with no playoff seedings likely on the line (pretty much had #3 locked up) by protecting the guys he'll need in the playoffs.

They need the bengals to lose and both the broncos and raiders to win

Per the tv

I am more afraid of playing the bengals . We needed magic to win that

Lol Titans need 3 other teams to win today. I don't think any decision made today about the PT of starters was based on the Titans chances of making the playoffs.

They still have a lot of scoreboard watching to do apparently.

NO all that has to happen is the bengals lose and the titans are in, and the ravens have something to play for. We will be playing the titans next week. I hope to god Kubiak made the right call and we beat the **** out of them next weekend.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bet you this: If a starter gets hurt, think Kubiak wouldn't hear criticism? He would, and that's a fact. Let's get ready for Cincy or Tennessee, fam!

This is a lame talking point. Nobody should fault Kubiak if he tried to win a game and a player got hurt in it. Rubbish red herring you and others are throwing out.

I wanted killer instinct. This team has zero.

Agreed.

If I was a season ticket holder and saw this game get handled the way it was, I'd feel a little cheated, personally. You guys just paid reg season prices to watch essentially a 5th preseason game.

Delhomme played well enough to lead this team to a win, and Kubiak cut his knees out from underneath him by putting in 2nd and 3rd string o-linemen who couldn't run block and couldn't pass protect. And STILL, Delhomme almost got it done.

What a **** thing to do to a guy like Delhomme, making him play with scrubs while the opponent hunts you down all game long and you don't stand a chance against it....but yet he still almost got it done??? LOL.

Just a little help is all we needed. Just a little help from the HC.

LOL, so much bitching about a meaningless game. I believe the Titans need 3 teams ALL to win? So if one of those teams loses and the Titans don't make it, I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people complaining would be changing their tune. We are going to the PLAYOFFS next week, this game had no meaning to us cheer up people

Yep, seems like they need Baltimore to win and Denver AND Oakland to win.

NO all that has to happen is the bengals lose and the titans are in, and the ravens have something to play for. We will be playing the titans next week. I hope to god Kubiak made the right call and we beat the **** out of them next weekend.

No I am getting my info from their own forums. I'm sure they are more aware of the situation than we are.

They need 3 teams to win, it would have been easier if the Jets had won apparently.

This is a lame talking point. Nobody should fault Kubiak if he tried to win a game and a player got hurt in it. Rubbish red herring you and others are throwing out.

Agreed.

If I was a season ticket holder and saw this game get handled the way it was, I'd feel a little cheated, personally. You guys just paid reg season prices to watch essentially a 5th preseason game.

Delhomme played well enough to lead this team to a win, and Kubiak cut his knees out from underneath him by putting in 2nd and 3rd string o-linemen who couldn't run block and couldn't pass protect. And STILL, Delhomme almost got it done.

What a **** thing to do to a guy like Delhomme, making him play with scrubs while the opponent hunts you down all game long and you don't stand a chance against it....but yet he still almost got it done??? LOL.

Just a little help is all we needed. Just a little help from the HC.

Like maybe.... a center who could snap the ball?

Kills my soul to watch them wrap this season up like that. The Titans come here in a week and they're going to be full of confidence and who could blame them? Your scenario is just unbelievably scary man. If that comes to pass the off-season will be brutal.

I really dont care. You and Hervoyel are being obnoxious *********s today.

It's not "back and forth", it's stupidity from you two. Good Lord, calm the **** down the both of you.

Then stop pouring gasoline on the fire, duh.

Not what I meant.

I'm not saying you DON'T play to win, I'm saying he gets called out if he tried to and someone got hurt. I was fine either way, but I know how stupid people can be. Not you or Herv or Showtime or whoever else says "play everyone". You have every right to do so. All I'm saying is that people are silly.

Kills my soul to watch them wrap this season up like that. The Titans come here in a week and they're going to be full of confidence and who could blame them? Your scenario is just unbelievably scary man. If that comes to pass the off-season will be brutal.

I hear ya herv. I just have confidence that we would kick their ass. The defense was pretty blah in terms of play calling. And we substituted early and often. But I don't see the confidense that they could get out of that

Probably my over confidence with. Joseph,foster,Daniels,Ryan,Cushing, aj playing a full game

If the Texans are that scared to play the Titans they may as well not even suit up next game.

These guys will be playing full of confidence and the stadium will be rocking.

Yep, seems like they need Baltimore to win and Denver AND Oakland to win.

Well, I'm glad THAT is all that needs to happen.

I mean, the Broncos are playing a really DEADLY Chiefs team today.

And Raiders facing a truly helper skelter Chargers team today.

Anything can happen, guys.

By the way, all this is a moot point IF we had beaten the team we faced today. And I don't care if we face a tougher team in round 1 next week. I just wanted to end the season on a winning note, and to deny the Titans ANY hope of a playoff spot. But we gave them one if other team comply this afternoon.

No I am getting my info from their own forums. I'm sure they are more aware of the situation than we are.

They need 3 teams to win, it would have been easier if the Jets had won apparently.

You're right. This is from musiccitymiracles...

So here is what we have- since the Jets lost to the Dolphins, we have to have the Bengals lose to the Ravens, the Broncos beat the Chiefs and the Raiders beat the Chargers. If any of those three things do not happen the Titans will not make the playoffs.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/

If the Texans are that scared to play the Titans they may as well not even suit up next game.

These guys will be playing full of confidence and the stadium will be rocking.

Not scared. Just being WISE. Wisdom.

I don't want there to be ANY chance of ANY AFCS team (a) being in the playoffs to begin with, and (b) finding a way to go further in the playoffs...especially at OUR expense.

That's not "fear," it's putting a wild animal down with a bullet to the head so it can't hurt you. Wisdom.

yeah i was going off of what some TV announcers were saying.

The 2011 Texans blow. Live it. On to 2012 where they have a shot. (assuming Kubiak is gone).

Kubiak isn't going anywhere. He's going to get an extension, and he needs one if you know what I mean.

And we should definitely still have heart that we're in the playoffs and can win a game, but I know that feeling you are speaking of. It's the whiff of seasons past and what that aroma means to Texans fans who have been around long enough to recognize it's distinct smell.

I want a full dismantling of whatever team we face next week. No mercy.

The 2011 Texans blow. Live it. On to 2012 where they have a shot. (assuming Kubiak is gone).

really with all of our injuries, and then our second stringers making the titans looking like crap, and then this. Sorry i just dont see it. We are good enough to make a deep play off run.

really with all of our injuries, and then our second stringers making the titans looking like crap, and then this. Sorry i just dont see it. We are good enough to make a deep play off run.

I agree with you. I just don't like the risk. It outweighs the reward.

The REWARD should have been beating them down TODAY and moving on for whatever happens in the playoffs. Instead, it's giving a wild animal another chance at pouncing on you form the darkness when you should have killed him off instead of feeling superior to him.

Makes no sense for 3 teams to win.. Only ones left (being jets lost)

Is if Oakland and broncos win they have same record

, if the bengals win they are in

What 3 teams were they talking about?

What am I missing?

Kubiak isn't going anywhere. He's going to get an extension, and he needs one if you know what I mean.

And we should definitely still have heart that we're in the playoffs and can win a game, but I know that feeling you are speaking of. It's the whiff of seasons past and what that aroma means to Texans fans who have been around long enough to recognize it's distinct smell.

I want a full dismantling of whatever team we face next week. No mercy.

I have the same feeling. I'd love it if the Texans could just obliterate whoever we play. Even if we had that killer instinct though, I don't think this team is good enough to blow any team out anymore. Not without a solid QB. But I do think we have a good chance of winning next week.

Is if Oakland and broncos win they have same record, if the bengals winf they are in

Bengals have to lose and Raiders and Broncos have to win for Titans to get in.

A deep run? What games have you been watching the last 3 weeks?

What am I missing?

i dunno it dont sound right to me either.

The only encouragement is that we have a guaranteed playoff game next week.

WE are in. We need no help to get there.

But the way this went down today, and with how it sets up what could be an embarrassing day next week if we can't win a game in the Wild Card round, it just sits wrong with my instincts.

I'm having a hard time faking my way into being OK with it all.

Jesus H. Christ, I've never seen so many dudes on their period at the same time. Have a Midol and a beer and chill out.

A deep run? What games have you been watching the last 3 weeks?

Same ones as you, this game today we played our 2nd and 3rd stringers all game, the week before whether anyone likes it or not we were raped by the officials, and then Carolina beat us fair and square. This team has a healthy AJ back, jojo will be there, foster, daniels, and we have wade back, dont forget that in the carolina and colts game we had no wade.

Half of you posters are unreal, the Tacks barely escaped with a win vs our scrubs and you guys are b!tching??? We should have won that game if Austin wouldn't have snapped the ball like a tard.....There was no point to go to OT and risk more injuries.....to think otherwise is foolish.....great game today and the coaches did a fantastic job having everyone play hard and stay competitive.....give me Yates, Aj, Arian and our defense vs any team in the nfl next week and we win

What am I missing?

Baltimore, Oakland, and Cincy.

It makes no sense either but it's what it says on the playoff standings on NFL.com too...

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture
CLINCHING SCENARIOS: Tennessee clinches a wild-card spot with a win + a CIN loss + any of the following scenarios: 1) NYJ win + OAK loss; 2) NYJ win + DEN loss; 3) NYJ loss + OAK win + DEN win.

I don't understand how that is but i'll roll with it.

Jesus H. Christ, I've never seen so many dudes on their period at the same time. Have a Midol and a beer and chill out.

I am a female and I really resent that remark.

Just kidding. I'm a dude, and the Midol doesn't work. Beer, however...does.

But the way this went down today, and with how it sets up what could be an embarrassing day next week if we can't win a game in the Wild Card round, it just sits wrong with my instincts.

If this was our starters and it was the colts game part deaux then I would be pissed

i dunno it dont sound right to me either.

If the Bengals win, it's over period for the Titans and the Bengals own the last wild card spot. If the Ravens win then the Broncos and the Raiders have to win. One of those (Denver or Oakland) will be the division champs and the other will lose out the final wild card spot to the Titans through some merry-go-round of tie breakers. That's my quick interpretation so I could be wrong

Half of you posters are unreal, the Tacks barely escaped with a win vs our scrubs and you guys are b!tching??? We should have won that game if Austin wouldn't have snapped the ball like a tard.....There was no point to go to OT and risk more injuries.....to think otherwise is foolish.....great game today and the coaches did a fantastic job having everyone play hard and stay competitive.....give me Yates, Aj, Arian and our defense vs any team in the nfl next week and we win

Ah, I see.

By your thinking, we shouldn't have even tried to score that last TD either, right? I mean, we were risking INJURIES!!!! OMG!!!!!

Are you serious? You say we were playing meaningless "scrubs" (your words, btw) and yet you don't want those scrubs to risk getting hurt by going into overtime?

I thought the 2-point strategy was dumb. Kick the extra point and play one more series for a chance at a game-winning FG by Rackers. The risk of injury is, yet again, a red herring excuse to prop up the idea that what we did was OK.

i think a lot of that has to do with being a texans fan TBH. But lets be realistic, we have a 3rd string QB who hasnt played to bad considering, we have missed AJ for more than half the season, no M.W, no Schaub.

We will be fine, all of our starters will be in next week and AJ has been waiting for this moment his whole career, he will go beast mode gurantee it, foster will be back, O.D will be back, JoJo will be back and our Defense will have all the true #3 ranked D on the field throughout the play offs. I think we will be fine and i actually feel better about our chances after what i saw today.

Back