Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Steve McNair dead

She bought that gun thursday night with the intent of killing McNair imho. She was doing drugs, something about her arrest tripped something in her, she planned to kill McNair prior to saturday. Probably had a couple of questions she asked McNair that morning in a high frame of mind and got answers from McNair that made her feel like the relationship was over. She may have even been pregnant. We just don't know yet. I'll bet we find out some information that solves at least a good part of this soon.

Being married is hard and I for one do not fault McNair for having a girlfriend...especially if he and his wife were separated and if his wife had a boyfriend. Sometimes marriages are complicated...well all marriages are complicated. It is easy to get married....hard to stay married. There are 60% of the marriages that end in failure. I would assume that that number is higher among professional athletes who have women at their disposal. In normal life there are some women see a married guy as a challenge...and some married men see it as a challenge to get over on their wives. Imagine being famous with money and 20 -30 year olds are throwing themselves at you on a regular basis. If your marriage went on a "dry spell" or was in a bad place (which most marriages get to at some point) would you be able to resist? Like I said before there is alot we dont know about Steve's marriage (and we shouldnt) so the fact that he had a girlfriend doesnot mean people should pass judgement on him. I am sure no one on here wants someone to pass judgement on our lives.

Good post. We don't know whether the McNairs marriage was rosy or rocky. Probably never will - nor should we. It ain't really our business.

McNair had two to the chest and two to the head....

That's not how a 20-year-old party girl waitress shoots someone. Is it?

Someone was pissed off. And that someone knew how to make sure that the bullets did their work. Two to the head, two to the chest.

It's a hire, or it's an ex. Or both.

Does a pro need more than one bullet?

Sounds like a pissed off girlfriend to me.

I really feel sorry for Mechelle McNair. If indeed, she "was the last to know", she's going through a fate worse than death. Can you just imagine having to prepare and attend your own spouse's funeral, and being forced to feel nothing but pure humiliation in front of the entire world? And then, there are his 4 kids. Just imagine how their lives will be affected.

And Steve McNair will no longer be remembered for what he did on the field.

He'll just be looked back on as a married man who was gunned down by his girlfriend. That will be his legacy.

Not for me.
Speak for yourself.

Not for me.
Speak for yourself.

Not for me either. None of us know the real situation of what their marriage was like. I do know this. Steve lived in Mt. Olive on his ranch when he was at home. His wife and kids lived in the Hattiesburg area (Oak Grove I believe). He was renting a condo in Nashville. Doesn't seem like they were spending a lot of time together. I do feel sorry for her, because regardless of what the situation was she has lost someone that she shared a lot of her life with.

I still haven't come up with a logical answer to a question asked a few pages back:

How is it no one heard five rounds being popped off in an apt/condo complex??

You have a point.

A smart pro might make it look like a pissed off girlfriend did it......hmmmmmm

Most of these questions will be resolved when the blood tests come back and we see what all substances were in their systems.

I wouldn't be surpised to see a mixture of illicit substances involved.

And it isn't difficult of a shot (regardless if you are sober or FUBAR,) to hit someone in the head that is passed out on the couch, from a couple of feet away.

Not for me either. None of us know the real situation of what their marriage was like. I do know this. Steve lived in Mt. Olive on his ranch when he was at home. His wife and kids lived in the Hattiesburg area (Oak Grove I believe). He was renting a condo in Nashville. Doesn't seem like they were spending a lot of time together. I do feel sorry for her, because regardless of what the situation was she has lost someone that she shared a lot of her life with.

Remember he just opened up his new Sports Bar in Nashville a couple of weeks ago. That is a great excuse to stay up in the condo.

"Hey Honey, I need to stay up here to keep an eye on the new Sports Bar"...

I still haven't come up with a logical answer to a question asked a few pages back:

How is it no one heard five rounds being popped off in an apt/condo complex??

Depending on the caliber of weapons.. .22 for example... "fireworks"

pop pop pop pop

Not really "BANG" like a .38 or a 9mm

Most of these questions will be resolved when the blood tests come back and we see what all substances were in their systems.

I wouldn't be surpised to see a mixture of illicit substances involved.

And it isn't difficult of a shot (regardless if you are sober or FUBAR,) to hit someone in the head that is passed out on the couch, from a couple of feet away.

No one is questioning the difficulty, only that what 20 year old emotional girl would go 2 in the head, 2 in the chest. You'd think there'd be one bullet or maybe a ton with a few in weird places. 2 in the head 2 in the chest is very "cold blood" and you'd think there would be more emotions involved if it was the picture they are painting

It's not as easy to hear as you think. I had a roommate back when I first got out of the police academy have (I kid you not) 3 accidental discharges in the townhouse we shared in less than a month and not one person living around us even noticed.

Totally football related angle follows
I have had the Oilers on my mind for a week or two now after seeing Earl Campbell at the George R. Brown and I don't want to derail this thread or anything but I can't really deny that strictly from a football fan POV I have never felt like Steve McNair was "ours". Several people have mentioned watching him in college and being excited when the Oilers drafted him but I just never considered McNair an Oiler. He is and always has been a Titan in my eyes much like Eddie George. To me they're the first great Titans and the fact that they were drafted by "The Houston Oilers" is almost sort of an accident of fate kind of thing. They're Titans who just happened to be drafted by Houston. In much the same way Bruce Matthews was (to me) always an Oiler who just happened to finish his career in Nashville. I don't want to sound like I'm downplaying the tragedy of this event or anything like that but I feel like I did when Sean Taylor was killed or as I would if we picked up the paper tomorrow and read about some other retired but very good in his time player being killed. I understand how Titans fans are particularly hard hit by this but I don't have a sense of any Houston connection. The teams really are seperating now as the years go by. There will be very few players who have the same amount of affection and attachment from both cities. Bruce might be one of the only ones. He might be the only one really.

McNair had two to the chest and two to the head....

That's not how a 20-year-old party girl waitress shoots someone. Is it?

Someone was pissed off. And that someone knew how to make sure that the bullets did their work. Two to the head, two to the chest.

It's a hire, or it's an ex. Or both.

Did you hear that guy on 1560 AM too or were you the caller?

Well this happened on the 4th of July so I am assuming that is why no one reported shots being fired. Maybe it was planned on that night for that reason.

Originally from Saleh Kazemi's facebook page:
2.jpg

Is that Peter North? , lol

The gun involved was purchased by the girlfriend Thursday after McNair bailed her out from the DUI. The purchase was from a private party, not a gun shop. It has been said that the police do not know if the "sale" was legal or not. However, since a permit to carry a gun in Tennessee requires that you be 21 years old, considering "legality" seems a little strange .

Legality to purchase is completely different from permitted to carry. An 18 year old can buy a handgun here in TX and keep it in their home, but cannot obtain a CHL (except under specific exceptions).

Tennessean UPDATE

3 of the GSWs to McNair were from at least 3 feet away and 1 was at close range.

(per Sports Center this morning, the girlfriend's GSW was a contact wound.)

Police have not determined whether gunshot residue was found on Kazemi's hand.
.................still???????

Aaron said detectives were concerned about the length of time it took McNair's friend to call police once he discovered the bodies. Wayne Neely, who rented the condo with McNair, got there before 1 p.m. Saturday, but police weren't called until another friend arrived at 1:35 p.m.

McNair and Kazemi had been dead for several hours by the time their bodies were found, police said. Aaron said they did not believe the bodies were moved. When asked if other evidence may have been moved, he said he couldn't comment.

Police and emergency communications officials have declined to release the tape of that 911 call, citing the ongoing investigation.

The building's owner allowed The Tennessean to view the apartment once police released the unit to him.

What was left of the couch was bloodstained, but much of it had been cut up during the evidence- gathering process. A large bloodstain remained on the carpet in front of the couch.

Two pieces of drywall behind the couch had been cut out for processing at the crime lab. Penciled near the missing chunks of wall were the words "strike mark #1," "strike mark #2" and "stain #1" marking apparent bullet holes and a bloodstain.
Unless there were more than 5 bullets retrieved, the gun was not a .22 caliber.

Bishop Joseph Walker, the pastor of Mt. Zion Baptist Church, said he had no indication there was trouble in the McNairs' marriage. When they came to service, they came together. They had not been to see him for counseling.

There was no cause to arrest McNair when he was a passenger during Kazemi's DUI stop on July 2 because Kazemi was a co-owner of the Cadillac Escalade and bore the responsibility, Aaron said.

Kazemi was driving 54 mph in a 30-mph zone and was stopped at Broadway near 12th Avenue, according to court records. She told police she was not drunk, but high. She later said it had been eight hours since she had drunk any alcohol. The court records don't mention that McNair and a second passenger were in the car.

Although McNair was an owner, police did follow procedure when they released McNair, said Nashville criminal defense lawyer Nathan Moore.

"Absolutely, they did the right thing," Moore said of the officers' letting McNair take a cab. "He had no legal obligation keeping her from driving the SUV. It was registered in both their names.''

Officer Shawn Taylor, who stopped Kazemi, also was the officer who arrested McNair in 2003. The charges were dismissed and expunged.

Taylor, however, was disciplined six years ago for violating department rules by repeatedly asking McNair to take a breath test after he refused. Police also said Taylor violated departmental rules then by taking home copies of DUI arrest tapes, including one of McNair.

There's no indication McNair was given a pass in the Thursday traffic stop though, Aaron said.

"The officer even said to Ms. Kazemi that if the Escalade was registered solely to McNair, he would likely have been in the same situation as she," Aaron said.

No court record of McNair's presence????????......purposeful loose-weighted interpretation of the co-owner law of responsibility??????????

This thread is beginning to remind me of the game Clue. 'Kazemi, in the condo, with the revolver'.

Now, I know I can't add worth a sh!t, but didn't I read somewhere that the gun was only fired 5 times. (3 out of 4 that hit McNair was fired from more than 3 feet away, and the 4th with the gun close to his temple) and that Kasemi's was a contact wound, meaning that the gun was touching when fired?

So what's with the "strike marks" on the wall?

Now, I know I can't add worth a sh!t, but didn't I read somewhere that the gun was only fired 5 times. (3 out of 4 that hit McNair was fired from more than 3 feet away, and the 4th with the gun close to his temple) and that Kasemi's was a contact wound, meaning that the gun was touching when fired?

So what's with the "strike marks" on the wall?

I don't remember that anyone reported 5 shots. They reported 5 GSWs. My point was that if there were bullet holes in the wall (and still 5 bullets), it either meant that there was a high velocity bullet involved (going through the body). If not, there more likely had to be more than 5 shots fired, to have come from a .22 caliber.........unless there was ricochet of bullets off of the victim.

If the gun was fired from someone that is not familiar with firearms, then it would make sense that more than five rounds were shot. What confused me in the above article was that it said McNair was shot in both temples. Whoever murdered him wanted to make sure that he was dead. It seems very pre-meditated, which makes me question the angle of being an "act of passion" by a jilted lover. But the fact that it was her gun does seem to lead to a murder/suicide.

If the gun was fired from someone that is not familiar with firearms, then it would make sense that more than five rounds were shot. What confused me in the above article was that it said McNair was shot in both temples. Whoever murdered him wanted to make sure that he was dead. It seems very pre-meditated, which makes me question the angle of being an "act of passion" by a jilted lover. But the fact that it was her gun does seem to lead to a murder/suicide.

Which link was that in? I must have missed it.

Downtown Nashville.
not exactly "the 'Hood"

I know, I grew up in Nashville.
well, if you grew up in Nashville you would know that there is public housing and "the hood" right next to downtown Nashville across from the Cumberland river. You could almost throw rocks there and hit your targets. When I was there "Stadium Inn" was a giant crack house. Dickerson pike rd is loaded with pimps and whores.....all walking distance from those condos and downtown Nashvegas....I lived down there for two football seasons and lived 15 mins from the stadium.

I actually visited that place with the then-gf (now wife :) ) 2 years ago driving from DC to TX on our first 'roadtrip'... We left after 30 minutes, downtown was a horrible place to be.

Did you hear that guy on 1560 AM too or were you the caller?

LOL. No, it could not have been me. I am in Amarillo, TX.

I'm having a hard time with the idea that this party girl Dave & Buster's waitress had the sand, and aim, to do one to each temple and two to the chest.

I can see the two to the chest, facing McNair and having a broad target to hit. It's the two to the temple that seems over-the-top. If she did it, she had to have shot him in the chest twice, and then rushed over for the two to the temple(s) area. Then left the scene and turned the gun on herself.

She either staged a very brave confrontation, or played into the hands of someone who used her (getting her to purchase the gun). Either way, this is an unfortunate end.

I'm having a hard time with the idea that this party girl Dave & Buster's waitress had the sand, and aim, to do one to each temple and two to the chest.

I can see the two to the chest, facing McNair and having a broad target to hit. It's the two to the temple that seems over-the-top. If she did it, she had to have shot him in the chest twice, and then rushed over for the two to the temple(s) area. Then left the scene and turned the gun on herself.

She either staged a very brave confrontation, or played into the hands of someone who used her (getting her to purchase the gun). Either way, this is an unfortunate end.

Interesting take there GP and a lot of that makes a lot of sense.

Or more likely

GF gets DWI, she's p***ed off.

McNair gets her out of jail. They go out partying that night, GF finds out McNair hasn't filed for divorce. He tells GF he is going back to his wife.

She knows that means she is going to be waiting tables at Dave & Busters. She cant handle that. (Being Used)

GF waits for a drunk- drugged McNair to pass out.

GF shoots McNair 2 times in the head and twice in the chest.

Gf turns gun on self.

McNair had to have been asleep for GF to shoot him 4 times. She was inexperienced with a gun.

We're in agreement that this is really sad.

If she was able to slip him something to sedate him, then I can see it.

If toxicology shows nothing, then how in the world was she able to pull this off with him sitting on the couch? Sex game with a pistol, acting like she's being kinky (in order to get near him)?

the fact that they have not already officially labeled it a murder-suicide makes me think there may be more layers to this onion.

everything just wraps into too tidy of a bow for my tastes. smells fishy.

I could see 2 to the chest and then a freak out and then making sure he is dead with the two to the temple...still target while he is laying there and being a big guy who is tough he might have been still alive after 2 to the chest.

the fact that they have not already officially labeled it a murder-suicide makes me think there may be more layers to this onion.

I think the delay is motive, from what they have been talking about today. It all fits but why would a 20 year old who is just getting cash for being with the guy wanting to kill him and herself. My earlier guesses were him bailing on the divorce thing and going back to his wife. The thing about staging something like this....you have to get the trajectory right, how she would fall on the gun, etc. They CSI that stuff. So you never know.

How much you want to bet that her ex-boyfriend, though not in a holding pen nor even picked up/released, is under surveillance?

I wonder if the authorities are choosing to go this slowly so that he doesn't flee. They can't tie him to it (yet) but they're working on it, making sure they don't overplay their hand.

Fishy is a good description. Or, we don't want to think that Steve McNair could ever possibly be done in by a Dave & Buster's waitress.

You bring up some very interesting points, because it does seem strange that a 20 yo waitress with no gun experience would take the time to put a bullet in each temple. I've seen noobs holding guns, and they simply look lost with a weapon in their hands.

With the close range of one of the shots, they should easily find evidence of his blood and gunpowder on her shooting hand. There has to be more to the picture for these questions to still be out there.

How much you want to bet that her ex-boyfriend, though not in a holding pen nor even picked up/released, is under surveillance?

I wonder if the authorities are choosing to go this slowly so that he doesn't flee. They can't tie him to it (yet) but they're working on it, making sure they don't overplay their hand.

Fishy is a good description. Or, we don't want to think that Steve McNair could ever possibly be done in by a Dave & Buster's waitress.

I'm wondering about that ex-boyfriend, as well. She talked to him after getting busted in that DUI, so the rabbit hole gets deeper.

And there was a third person in the vehicle when she got busted, but the identity is still unknown to the public at this time.

This thread is beginning to remind me of the game Clue. 'Kazemi, in the condo, with the revolver'.

Yep - I love the way that folks with a computer and an interweb connection are using their skills of deduction to second guess law enforcement (where virtually all of the credible info. is coming from in the first place), solve the crime from hundreds of miles away with absolutely zero first-hand information, and in some cases, even be able to determine that info that directly conflicts with their solution must be misinformation put forth by the police to facilitate solving the crime.

You bring up some very interesting points, because it does seem strange that a 20 yo waitress with no gun experience would take the time to put a bullet in each temple. I've seen noobs holding guns, and they simply look lost with a weapon in their hands.

I grew up with shotguns, and fired a rifle a few times. Shotguns and rifles are generally, usually, associated with hunting (deer, rabbits, birds, etc.). In that sense, I am very comfortable handling a shotgun or rifle.

I was curious about buying a handgun and getting a CHL. So I went to the local firearm store, and handle a 9mm pistol. Holding it, my hands got sweaty and my wrist got weak...like I couldn't get comfortable handling something that's meant to kill a human. It felt odd.

It's just hard to believe that she could buy it and handle it, the way she supposedly did, all in one broad stroke.

With the close range of one of the shots, they should easily find evidence of his blood and gunpowder on her shooting hand. There has to be more to the picture for these questions to still be out there.

I was also wondering about the messy nature of what she supposedly did. If she's relatively spotless, then that's an issue IMO. Those details aren't being released, and releasing such details would alert the actual gunman (if there is a 3rd party involved at all).

This might end up a cold case, for the sake of moving forward.

Yep - I love the way that folks with a computer and an interweb connection are using their skills of deduction to second guess law enforcement (where virtually all of the credible info. is coming from in the first place), solve the crime from hundreds of miles away with absolutely zero first-hand information, and in some cases, even be able to determine that info that directly conflicts with their solution must be misinformation put forth by the police to facilitate solving the crime.

Think of the forum as a virtual water cooler. It's just a bunch of friends talking, nothing more, nothing less. I think the overwhelming majority of forum members have great respect for police, IMO, so it's just conversation.

I don't think there is so much second-guessing law enforcement, but more of trying to make sense out of tragedy. Nobody will get their feelings hurt if the cops come out with a result that contradicts everyone. It's just jibber-jabber at the end of the day, the things we chat about.

Oh, come off it already.

The police aren't releasing much info. They won't make a final ruling yet. They are, by the nature of their investigation, allowing speculation to mount.

It would be best to deem it a cold case, and move on. If things turn up in the future, they can resume the case on new info.

The fact (or the fact that's been put out there) that Mrs. McNair didn't know this was going on, coupled with Steve's prior run-in(s) with the law....or at least the ones we know about...paint a picture that might just be more complex than anyone knows at the moment.

I don't want to get hated upon here, but there exists the possibility that Steve McNair was in a deeper hole than what's being shown thus far.

Let's not forget that O.J. Simpson was perhaps the first star athlete that made us realize that all's not as it seems. Kobe Bryant fooled a lot of people, too. We keep saying that we'll never be THAT surprised again, and lo and behold something comes along like this.

DB is right: This is just chatter. No attempt to smear McNair; but the situation itself is interesting.

A jilted lover wouldn't feel the way you did GP.

Passion and anger drove her over the edge.

We will know for sure when all of the CSI tests are done.

It's great fun...right?

DB is right: This is just chatter. No attempt to smear McNair; but the situation itself is interesting.

No doubt...I don't think I have spent so much time on a single thread. It's just interesting for now...

I keep wondering if the ex-boyfriend was there and whether or not he was the shooter. I can see him pissed off at losing her, at McNair for taking her from him. He gets her to buy the gun he wants and if he's in the room he shoots her once in the head while McNair is close but not too close. He could fire once, turn and put two in McNair's chest, and then walk up and deliver the two shots to the temples. Wipe his handprints off the gun, put it in her hand and get her prints on it, then roll her slightly over and put it under her.

For her to shoot McNair over any of the reasons given doesn't make much sense to me. He's the sugar daddy and the guy who writes the checks. If he's gone then all the cool toys go away too. I think the ex boyfriend would have more motive than she would to do this to both of them but who knows. Phil Hartmann's nutbar wife killed him and then herself. Women don't usually put a gun to their heads and pull the trigger but it does happen from time to time. It's not usually something that happens in a well thought out suicide but where mental illness is concerned all bets are off.

I keep wondering if the ex-boyfriend was there and whether or not he was the shooter. I can see him pissed off at losing her, at McNair for taking her from him. He gets her to buy the gun he wants and if he's in the room he shoots her once in the head while McNair is close but not too close. He could fire once, turn and put two in McNair's chest, and then walk up and deliver the two shots to the temples. Wipe his handprints off the gun, put it in her hand and get her prints on it, then roll her slightly over and put it under her.

For her to shoot McNair over any of the reasons given doesn't make much sense to me. He's the sugar daddy and the guy who writes the checks. If he's gone then all the cool toys go away too. I think the ex boyfriend would have more motive than she would to do this to both of them but who knows. Phil Hartmann's nutbar wife killed him and then herself. Women don't usually put a gun to their heads and pull the trigger but it does happen from time to time. It's not usually something that happens in a well thought out suicide but where mental illness is concerned all bets are off.

Again, I've leaned boyfriend as the "other" the whole time but I'm not sure if he could pull it off and get the positioning correct, etc. You mention mental instability...drugs could be a key if she did it. If she is coked out of her mind and he says he needs to go back to his wife, who knows what could happen.

Again, I've leaned boyfriend as the "other" the whole time but I'm not sure if he could pull it off and get the positioning correct, etc. You mention mental instability...drugs could be a key if she did it. If she is coked out of her mind and he says he needs to go back to his wife, who knows what could happen.

The drug angle is a very viable theory, and might also explain what his roommate was doing for over 30 minutes after he discovered the bodies (i.e. flushing the illegal stuff).

I've seen some normal folks do some strange things on drugs, so that is an angle that could be a cause without really explaining "why" it happened (which might never be known).

Some reports indicate that she was under the impression that McNair was divorcing, had already filed etc.. when the facts now clearly show otherwise.

If he had promised her the sun and the moon and the stars and then finally confesses that oopps, he is still married and not divorcing, and that he is going back to his wife, that would easily be enough to piss her off and make her fly off the edge.

Back