Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Thanks. I've been lurking the whole time, but haven't had the time or desire to get involved with all the whining that's been going on. It seems like most would rather focus on the negative rather than look for the positive. This is a tough year, but I love the "take no prisoners" attitude of Caserio. The man can cut dead wood like a veteran tree topper. lol
Spot on

Good to see you back

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Well, if the judicial system would allow the court of public opinion to handle that backlog…..it could be done in 2 to 3 weeks. I think a lot of us saw how fast Watson was found guilty and that is nothing more than pure impressive.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I'd like to see a source.

And are we mixing traffic with criminal law? I understand there's a back log. Everyone has a back log. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here but courts are finally getting back in session. Judges are essentially time serving most misdemeanors on the spot.

The devil's in the details. Cases filed vs cases pending trial should be the focus of attention here. Harris County da's have ALWAYS been backlogged and their approach has always been the same. They approach cases like an investment broker...

They review each file for 45 seconds and create 3 stacks of paperwork:

-dismiss
-plea
-prosecute

I don't believe for a second the prosecute (trial) stack adds up to 50k. Not close.

The actual number of cases filed is arbitrary and doesn't actually affect any prosecuting attorney imo.
Harris County Will Hire 3 Visiting Judges To Help Reduce A 100,000-Case Criminal Court Backlog
The judges, who should be in place by the end of August, will work on some of the most intractable cases in the county’s criminal court backlog.

Andrew Schneider | Posted on July 20, 2021, 12:37 PM

Local Criminal Court Backlog Likely To Keep Growing As Pandemic Surges

Schaefer Edwards August 26, 2021 5:00AM

Idea to reduce backlog by dismissing thousands of felony cases proves too far for Harris County
Zach Despart, Samantha Ketterer, HOUSTON CHRONICLE Staff writers
Sep. 19, 2021Updated: Sep. 19, 2021 10:11 p.m.

The number of criminal cases pending before Harris County courts stands at more than 94,000.

That includes 41,000 misdemeanors and 53,000 felonies, numbers so high that if prosecutors stopped filing criminal charges tomorrow, it would take misdemeanor judges a year to clear their dockets; felony judges would need 19 months, based on their average pace for closing cases since 2017.

'It creates three additional district criminal courts' | State lawmakers hoping new bill will fix criminal court backlog

“If we stay in our current set up, it will take us 15 years. If we add these courts, we can get out of this backlog in a little over two," Rep. Johnson said.

Author: Janelle Bludau

Published: 10:14 PM CDT October 13, 2021

Updated: 10:14 PM CDT October 13, 2021

Last edited:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
This thread has been reopened for discussion / updates.

It was locked by accident and to keep the discussion in its place , we're reopening it.
Now move it to a non football forum. Even though it's about a football player (or at least used to be a football player) nothing about this thread is football related. There's already a thread for the football related stuff regarding Watson.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Deshaun Watson, girlfriend Jilly Anais get new dog together
By
Jenna Lemoncelli
November 26, 2021 11:27am

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and girlfriend Jilly Anais are the proud parents of a french bulldog.

The YouTuber and “New Safe” singer introduced “6ix Watson” in a post on her Instagram Story, which included the pup’s official Instagram account.
“Wassup World! Newest member of the gang checkin in! I’m 12 weeks old,” read the caption of his first post.

“Everyone! Welcome our newest family member, 6ix,” Anais wrote on her Instagram Story, before sharing a selfie with “my 2nd son.”
Watson and Anais are already “mom & dad” to a miniature dog named Kiwi, who didn’t give his little brother the “warmest welcome,” she said.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Deshaun Watson, girlfriend Jilly Anais get new dog together
By
Jenna Lemoncelli
November 26, 2021 11:27am

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and girlfriend Jilly Anais are the proud parents of a french bulldog.

The YouTuber and “New Safe” singer introduced “6ix Watson” in a post on her Instagram Story, which included the pup’s official Instagram account.
“Wassup World! Newest member of the gang checkin in! I’m 12 weeks old,” read the caption of his first post.

“Everyone! Welcome our newest family member, 6ix,” Anais wrote on her Instagram Story, before sharing a selfie with “my 2nd son.”
Watson and Anais are already “mom & dad” to a miniature dog named Kiwi, who didn’t give his little brother the “warmest welcome,” she said.

THE REST OF THE STORY
Huh? Is this just the Watson gossip page now? Watson gets a dog. Watson gets a new car. Hard to take this thread seriously.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Huh? Is this just the Watson gossip page now? Watson gets a dog. Watson gets a new car. Hard to take this thread seriously.
Exactly. I don't get the point of some of these posts or the random postings about what is going on in Jilly Anais' world. It's weird. Seems like similar to the talking heads and their trade proposals, posters are running out of things to post about Watson.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Let's all tell the mods how to do their job, I'm sure it helps. LOL
Yep, just because some really want this to be over and the thread to go away, doesn't mean it should go away. I can understand why they would want it to go away. If I put my faith in a guy that has Derrick's lack of character, I'm sure I would feel the same way they do.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I moved this thread to the non-football section because the story is not about football.

It's about a football player, so any aspect of the story that impacts football / Texans can be posted in the Watson trade thread. Otherwise, this thread can reside in the Non Sports Topics.

Be nice to each other or we'll just lock it and only post relevant updates. :howdy:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Exclusive: Deshaun Watson Accusers Will Be Questioned Under Oath Starting Today
Amy Dash |
Nov 29, 2021

As Deshaun Watson sits on the sidelines, questions remain over the Texans Quarterback’s future with the team and the league. While the sum and substance of ongoing criminal investigations remain under wraps, more than twenty-two civil lawsuits against Watson are moving forward today.

Watson’s attorneys will begin depositions of his accusers today, questioning one woman a day spread out over the next several weeks.

Plaintiffs’ attorney Tony Buzbee told League of Justice that he has asked for dates to take Watson’s deposition but still has not been provided with any from Watson’s lawyers. He said he will have to ask the court “to force them to provide dates” and told League of Justice he intends to use his “full forty plus hours” that he has been allotted to question Watson.

The recorded testimony from the depositions can be used in legal papers and in court in the event of a trial. Oftentimes, statements made under oath in depositions are used in court to impeach a witness when that person takes the stand.

Any contradictions or discrepancies between their testimony in sworn depositions and their later testimony in court can be used to question the person’s credibility as jurors work to determine what is fact and what is fiction.

Buzbee says Watson’s team has been “very slow in taking the plaintiff depositions, even though the scheduling order allowed them to start them in October.”

It’s unclear if the delay was due to recent attempts by Watson’s team to settle the claims before the November trade deadline.

THE REST OF THE STORY

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
Man life is good when you get paid to not do your job. So he's on the roster and being made inactive on game-day but travels around the world spending that loot like a king.
It's a great gig, if you can get it... The Texans made it too easy for him. If they're not even requiring him to be in the building during the week, that's on them. If they don't want him to play, that's one thing, but I would make him show up to all practices, all meetings, travel to all games and sit on the bench...

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's a great gig, if you can get it... The Texans made it too easy for him. If they're not even requiring him to be in the building during the week, that's on them. If they don't want him to play, that's one thing, but I would make him show up to all practices, all meetings, travel to all games and sit on the bench...
Teams should really think about how they word these contracts in the future. Gameday checks even though you decide not to play on Gameday. As if the team counselor wrote the contract

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
You shouldn't want someone who doesn't want to be there - particularly as much as he does - anywhere near your team. It's a cancer.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Exclusive: Deshaun Watson Accusers Will Be Questioned Under Oath Starting Today
Amy Dash |
Nov 29, 2021

As Deshaun Watson sits on the sidelines, questions remain over the Texans Quarterback’s future with the team and the league. While the sum and substance of ongoing criminal investigations remain under wraps, more than twenty-two civil lawsuits against Watson are moving forward today.

Watson’s attorneys will begin depositions of his accusers today, questioning one woman a day spread out over the next several weeks.

Plaintiffs’ attorney Tony Buzbee told League of Justice that he has asked for dates to take Watson’s deposition but still has not been provided with any from Watson’s lawyers. He said he will have to ask the court “to force them to provide dates” and told League of Justice he intends to use his “full forty plus hours” that he has been allotted to question Watson.

The recorded testimony from the depositions can be used in legal papers and in court in the event of a trial. Oftentimes, statements made under oath in depositions are used in court to impeach a witness when that person takes the stand.

Any contradictions or discrepancies between their testimony in sworn depositions and their later testimony in court can be used to question the person’s credibility as jurors work to determine what is fact and what is fiction.

Buzbee says Watson’s team has been “very slow in taking the plaintiff depositions, even though the scheduling order allowed them to start them in October.”

It’s unclear if the delay was due to recent attempts by Watson’s team to settle the claims before the November trade deadline.

THE REST OF THE STORY
Somehow this sounds encouraging in terms of some movement towards, one way or the other, a resolution to the Watson situation ?
I dunno am I right about that, or is this just so much noise ?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Was there some hidden new info regarding the lawsuits or criminal cases buried in the article? If we didn't see that, why not explain it?
I'm going to guess that article is pointing out Derrick being the POS he is, is enjoying the good life while he screwed the Texans org over in so many ways, yet Cal is still having to pay for Derrick's lavish lifestyle.

But hey, Cal's getting what he deserves for giving Derrick that contract, or for that matter letting RS draft the POS to begin with.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You shouldn't want someone who doesn't want to be there - particularly as much as he does - anywhere near your team. It's a cancer.
The team is 2-9.

If he's a cancer he cant hurt the team and you can suspend his Oily azz for conduct detrimental to the team and not provide the funds for his lifestyle.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Somehow this sounds encouraging in terms of some movement towards, one way or the other, a resolution to the Watson situation ?
I dunno am I right about that, or is this just so much noise ?
With 22 cases I'm guessing that all of the ladies depositions wont be finished until mid January. After that Harden/Derrick will have about a 2 week period to try to settle the suits. I dont see the suits being settled until after Derrick's deposition. Why would the ladies settle until after Buzbee deposes Derrick? They stand to gain alot more money after Derrick trips over his pecker (Very likely) when Buzbee deposes Derrick.

Unfortunately after all of this happens they will be up against the clock negotiating a settlement before the 2022 draft and this doesn't even bring to the table the possible criminal complaints that some of the women that aren't part of the civil suits have brought.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
The team is 2-9.

If he's a cancer he cant hurt the team and you can suspend his Oily azz for conduct detrimental to the team and not provide the funds for his lifestyle.
Cancers don't necessarily effect the team in suspendable/finable ways..

Teams are built as to have a group of people working together in unison to achieve goals and success. That becomes increasing difficult if there's an ever present turd in the punch bowl day in and day out. This is compounded on a losing team struggling for dignity, especially a team that's already been called out by said turd. And compounded further by constant local and national media presence and scrutiny.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Unfortunately after all of this happens they will be up against the clock negotiating a settlement before the 2022 draft and this doesn't even bring to the table the possible criminal complaints that some of the women that aren't part of the civil suits have brought.
So this is your best guess as to where we are at in terms of wrapping up the Watson situation because Buzzbutt will be reluctant to close it out as long as he has any leverage with the uncertainty of a resolution on the criminal aspect of the situation still hanging over Watson's head ?
If proceedings are uncompleted before the April, '22 Draft then I suppose the next deadline for moving Watson is the 2022 trade deadline
in November, that is assuming Watson avoids prison time ?

Teams are built as to have a group of people working together in unison to achieve goals and success. That becomes increasing difficult if there's an ever present turd in the punch bowl day in and day out. This is compounded on a losing team struggling for dignity, especially a team that's already been called out by said turd. And compounded further by constant local and national media presence and scrutiny.
True true, but what about the effect on the players on the team. This guy gets to live it up, not play nor have any responsibilities while fully getting paid and still could come out of this fiasco clean (no jail or lengthy suspension). He is still on the team but not enduring any of the struggles of this putrid on field product.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I could see things working out this way. This is a big mess for the Texans, that Derrick alone created but Cal is complicit.

BTW, the draft is April 28-30. We will be having our annual Crawfish Boil. Wish you could make.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
The prosecutors on the case are the District Chief of the Sex Crimes Division and the District Chief of the Juvenile Sex Crimes Division, according to what Buzbee was told.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Evidently, some people didn't get the purpose of posting the article after reading it. There's no use in me trying to explain it. So I won't.
Oh can I take a guess! 🙋‍♂️

Its about the dog's name right? :spin:

Oh no wait it was the "romantic European getaway, where they enjoyed lavish dinners in Paris and Italy."

Oh could it have been "Earlier this month, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said at an NFL owners meeting in New York that the league doesn’t have enough information to place Watson on the exempt list, which is equivalent to that of paid administrative leave."

All joking aside other than stupid headline the article itself actually had a couple of things of note in it.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Alright, Roger, the ball is in your court. Let's see if he's consistent about holding players accountable regardless of star status.

And very interesting that one side is lying about the NDAs. And seeing that we know Watson is already proven to be a dishonest person, it's not hard to reach a conclusion about who is not being truthful about the NDA agreements.