Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Alright, Roger, the ball is in your court. Let's see if he's consistent about holding players accountable regardless of star status.

And very interesting that one side is lying about the NDAs. And seeing that we know Watson is already proven to be a dishonest person, it's not hard to reach a conclusion about who is not being truthful about the NDA agreements.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. The way I see things headed............

One day at court, the prosecutor called the first witness to the stand, and in came a gossipy old woman

The prosecutor started by asking her, "Do you know who I am?"

The old woman replied. "Yes, you're John Kim, and I must say I'm very disappointed in you. You're greedy, you like to dig up dirt, you're a snake, and you've been keeping a mistress for years! Of course I know who you are."

The prosecutor was stunned, but tried to carry on with the proceedings. He pointed at the defense lawyer and said, "Do you know who he is?"

"Yes, he is Kenneth Skye. And I must say is that I'm very disappointed in him too. He is constantly drunk, gambles all the time, and is one of the worst liars around! Of course I know who he is."

The Judge immediately called the prosecution and defense to approach the bench. Once they were close enough, the Judge scowled at the pair and said. "Don't you *dare* ask her if she knows me."

Alright, Roger, the ball is in your court.
No ball yet. January the case will be brought before a GJ. If they bring charges, then the ball is in Godell’s court.

And very interesting that one side is lying about the NDAs.
I’m thinking we’re talking about two different NDA instances. Back in the beginning it may have been Buzbee who wanted an NDA. I think he said as much.

Now, Watson wants the NDA.

And very interesting that one side is lying about the NDAs.

No ball yet. January the case will be brought before a GJ. If they bring charges, then the ball is in Godell’s court.

I’m thinking we’re talking about two different NDA instances. Back in the beginning it may have been Buzbee who wanted an NDA. I think he said as much.

Hardin back in May made the claim that Buzbee wanted an NDA. Buzbee immediately retorted saying that Hardin approached him for settlement (not the other way around) and submitted an NDA surrounding potential mediation for settlement. Buzbee stated that he never approached Hardin for settlement, nor did any settlement talks ever occurred at the time and that Hardin submitted the NDA to him to be signed before proceeding.

**************************************************************************************

May 14, 2021 @ 12:24pm » Chris Rosvoglou

Tony Buzbee Fires Back At Deshaun Watson’s Lawyer Over “Settlement” Comment

There have been a handful of twists and turns when it comes to Deshaun Watson’s legal situation, and as of now, it appears NFL fans should brace for at least a few more.

Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, made headlines this week when he said that Tony Buzbee reached out to him about a potential settlement for his 22 clients.

“While we have never approached Mr. Buzbee about a settlement, he has approached us on numerous occasions in the past about the possibility of a settlement,” Hardin said. “We have made clear all along that there would be no settlement unless the terms are made public and all participants are allowed to speak in their own defense at all times. We want none of the participants – the plaintiffs or Mr. Watson – muzzled by a settlement agreement. Mr. Buzbee does not feel the same.”

Buzbee responded to that recent claim from Hardin on Friday, posting a picture of a non-disclosure agreement related to a mediation process on Instagram alongside a very strong caption.

“Not that many care about it anymore. But there is a thing called ‘justice.’ And we will find it,” Buzbee wrote in his latest post. “Contrary to what Mr. Rusty says, we haven’t ‘approached them to settle,’ ever. When they approached us they insisted we sign this. We obviously didn’t reach out to them; they begged us via the Texans to mediate. We hold the cards. The truth sometimes or most of the time hurts!!!! We approached them?!? My ass.”

Hardin’s recent statement made it seem as if Buzbee asked for confidentiality regarding any settlements, but Buzbee appears to be saying that it’s the other way around.

It’s also worth mentioning that Hardin said Deshaun Watson won’t accept a settlement without certain contingencies.

I bet, Miami wanted it when they were going to trade for him.

Hardin back in May made the claim that Buzbee wanted an NDA. Buzbee immediately retorted saying that Hardin approached him for settlement (not the other way around) and submitted an NDA surrounding potential mediation for settlement. Buzbee stated that he never approached Hardin for settlement, nor did any settlement talks ever occurred at the time and that Hardin submitted the NDA to him to be signed before proceeding.

**************************************************************************************

May 14, 2021 @ 12:24pm » Chris Rosvoglou

Tony Buzbee Fires Back At Deshaun Watson’s Lawyer Over “Settlement” Comment

There have been a handful of twists and turns when it comes to Deshaun Watson’s legal situation, and as of now, it appears NFL fans should brace for at least a few more.

Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, made headlines this week when he said that Tony Buzbee reached out to him about a potential settlement for his 22 clients.

“While we have never approached Mr. Buzbee about a settlement, he has approached us on numerous occasions in the past about the possibility of a settlement,” Hardin said. “We have made clear all along that there would be no settlement unless the terms are made public and all participants are allowed to speak in their own defense at all times. We want none of the participants – the plaintiffs or Mr. Watson – muzzled by a settlement agreement. Mr. Buzbee does not feel the same.”

Buzbee responded to that recent claim from Hardin on Friday, posting a picture of a non-disclosure agreement related to a mediation process on Instagram alongside a very strong caption.

“Not that many care about it anymore. But there is a thing called ‘justice.’ And we will find it,” Buzbee wrote in his latest post. “Contrary to what Mr. Rusty says, we haven’t ‘approached them to settle,’ ever. When they approached us they insisted we sign this. We obviously didn’t reach out to them; they begged us via the Texans to mediate. We hold the cards. The truth sometimes or most of the time hurts!!!! We approached them?!? My ass.”

Hardin’s recent statement made it seem as if Buzbee asked for confidentiality regarding any settlements, but Buzbee appears to be saying that it’s the other way around.

It’s also worth mentioning that Hardin said Deshaun Watson won’t accept a settlement without certain contingencies.

Not sure why we should believe Buzbee anymore than Hardin. Buzbee is a sleazebag nutjob based on his history...

January ? Wait that's next month ! I dunno is Kim Ogg a Texans fan ?

He better hope she is.

So far her actions says she's a fan. She's slow played this.

If all you care about is what Derrick's worth in trade, you should hope he doesn't trip over his d!ck when he testifies before the grand jury. BTW, I've never heard of a defendant testifying before a grand jury, so this is all new to me.

Yep

2nd paragraph, ask yourself if true, why is this the way it is. Or has somebody been lying for awhile now?

Not sure why we should believe Buzbee anymore than Hardin. Buzbee is a sleazebag nutjob based on his history...

No more than Hardin is. They're both sleazebags but they're both great lawyers, this really comes down to do you believe 30 some odd women, some that aren't even a part of the civil/criminal complaints, or do you believe Derrick who's already proven to be a liar?

Hardin initially made the claim that Buzbee's clients wanted NDAs. Buzbee denied it.

That was the last we'd heard of NDAs until the recent trade deadline, and it was reported that Watson's side was demanding NDA's as part of settlements.

Usually, it's the defendent paying out the money that wants NDAs. Which is what made Hardin's initial claim a bit weird.

The truth is out there, but we already know that Watson is dishonest.

DB's post sums up the situation ....
Hardin initially made the claim that Buzbee's clients wanted NDAs. Buzbee denied it.

That was the last we'd heard of NDAs until the recent trade deadline, and it was reported that Watson's side was demanding NDA's as part of settlements.

Usually, it's the defendant paying out the money that wants NDAs. Which is what made Hardin's initial claim a bit weird.

The truth is out there, but we already know that Watson is dishonest.

We all know , and have known from the get go that it is Harden & Watson who want the NDA's.

Hell Watson tried to get some of the complainants to sign NDA's at (before or just after) some of the incidents of inappropriate activity.

But hey , go on and argue with Doc .... I wouldn't blame him if he went radio silent too.

tenor.gif

OIP.eemLkPWjSa6XFfB0JUceqgHaFA

I've got a bad feeling that this is going to end up putting the Texans in a worst-case scenario: Watson on the CEL for 2022, so the Texans will be forced to either pay him $35 million with the hopes of future potential draft capital, or, cut him to save that money but get no compensation.

Yeah, it's pessimistic, but just a result of conditioning, I guess. . .

I've got a bad feeling that this is going to end up putting the Texans in a worst-case scenario: Watson on the CEL for 2022, so the Texans will be forced to either pay him $35 million with the hopes of future potential draft capital, or, cut him to save that money but get no compensation.

Pretty sure I've read on this board that when a player is on CEL, the team isn't the one paying his salary.

Pretty sure I've read on this board that when a player is on CEL, the team isn't the one paying his salary.
True, but that money can't be used by the team until the next season.

If he is put on the CEL it won't be for a set period. If he's taken off three weeks into the season the Texans have to have that money available & allotted to him.

So they're not going to tally up the "savings" & give it back & make it available to the team until the following season.

Good news though is the roster spot is available for 2022. So keeping 4 QBs that aren't PS eligible is more feasible (not that you want to do that) since we don't know how the practice squad will work next season.

I do not believe that is correct based on previous CEL situations.

According to NFL.com (about Josh Brown):

"While on the list, Brown cannot practice or attend games, and is allowed at the Giants' facility for meetings, individual workouts, therapy and rehabilitation and other permitted non-football activities if permitted by the franchise. Brown will continue to receive his normal salary and will be eligible for all the benefits he qualifies for under the Collective Bargaining Agreement."

More on the rule:

NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement
Article 46
Commissioner Discipline

Section 5
Commissioner Exempt

Players who are placed by the Commissioner on the Exempt list prior to the determination of discipline and any appeal therefrom under the Personal Conduct Policy will be paid while on the Commissioner Exempt list and credited for the regular and post-season games missed against any suspension ultimately imposed. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, if such a suspension is ultimately imposed, the player must promptly return and shall have no further right to any salary for the games for which he was paid while on the Commissioner Exempt list that were credited to the suspension (i.e., for a number of games no greater than the length of the suspension).

Has anyone ever cited that?

I can't find it, but I think a combination of what DB and TK said earlier is true. The salary the player is paid while on CEL is added to the next year's cap for the team. And if he ends up being suspended for any amount of time, he has to return what was paid to him for that suspension period.

I've said this is the most likely outcome from the beginning.

Has anyone ever cited that?
The only thing I've read about the Commisioners Exempt List is Article 46 Section 5 of the CBA.
Article 46
Commissioner Discipline

Section 5
Commissioner Exempt

Players who are placed by the Commissioner on the Exempt list prior to the determination of discipline and any appeal therefrom under the Personal Conduct Policy will be paid while on the Commissioner Exempt list and credited for the regular and post-season games missed against any suspension ultimately imposed. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, if such a suspension is ultimately imposed, the player must promptly return and shall have no further right to any salary for the games for which he was paid while on the Commissioner Exempt list that were credited to the suspension (i.e., for a number of games no greater than the length of the suspension).
If there is a silver lining to the exempt list, it's that the player basically gets time served for his suspension. So if this ever ends, the team that trades for Watson should have his services immediately. As long as the length of time on the CEL is greater than or equal to the suspension. That will be helpful in regards to trade value.

True, but that money can't be used by the team until the next season.

If he is put on the CEL it won't be for a set period. If he's taken off three weeks into the season the Texans have to have that money available & allotted to him.

So they're not going to tally up the "savings" & give it back & make it available to the team until the following season.

Good news though is the roster spot is available for 2022. So keeping 4 QBs that aren't PS eligible is more feasible (not that you want to do that) since we don't know how the practice squad will work next season.

I don't remember where I found it before but its in one of these threads with links .....

If Watson goes on the CEL the league pays his salary , not the Texans , he does not take up a roster spot, his cap hit remains for the current year but is removed from the following years cap , much like unspent cap space roll over would.
If he's found to be guilty of something outside the league's conduct policy , the team and or league can go after the money he has been paid both bonus and regular salary.

I don't remember where I found it before but its in one of these threads with links .....

If Watson goes on the CEL the league pays his salary , not the Texans , he does not take up a roster spot, his cap hit remains for the current year but is removed from the following years cap , much like unspent cap space roll over would.
If he's found to be guilty of something outside the league's conduct policy , the team and or league can go after the money he has been paid both bonus and regular salary.

Very interesting.

The Texans cap would still be impacted in 2022 if he's on the CEL, if I'm following what you're saying. Or does that depend on which league year he's put on the CEL?

So, if a player is cut while on the CEL, does the league continue to pay? Or is that salary dependent on a valid contract with a team?

One thing I came across that was a little surprising is that Watson is only 1 of 11 players in the league with no trade clauses. I thought it was more common than that.

It just makes me dislike him as a person even more when you realize the sweet deal the Texans gave him, only to betray them a few months later because they would not cover his [allegedly] perverted ass.

Very interesting.

The Texans cap would still be impacted in 2022 if he's on the CEL, if I'm following what you're saying. Or does that depend on which league year he's put on the CEL?

So, if a player is cut while on the CEL, does the league continue to pay? Or is that salary dependent on a valid contract with a team?

One thing I came across that was a little surprising is that Watson is only 1 of 11 players in the league with no trade clauses. I thought it was more common than that.

It just makes me dislike him as a person even more when you realize the sweet deal the Texans gave him, only to betray them a few months later because they would not cover his [allegedly] perverted ass.
I would think there would have to be a valid contract or money still owed if the player was released/cut.

Very interesting.

These questions are interesting ones and I am not 100% positive of the answers but here's my assumptions -

Most mid size and up contracts have a specific amount of guaranteed money that the team is on the hook for with few exceptions.
Those exceptions are generally related to the NFL conduct policy which for the most part is no different than the rest of the world ....

I think the team would be on the hook for any guaranteed money up to the point where the conduct policy was proved to be broken.

Take Ray Rice for example , when he knocked out his girlfriend , the Ravens terminated that contract and Rice had no legal challenge to unpaid guaranteed money even tho the domestic violence charges were dismissed.

But even then , its a moving target as other players have survived similar (or worse) behavior.

It was said several weeks ago and I questioned as to what part of CBA said who paid. It doesn't say. As DB's post states the player gets paid but does NOT say by whom. To me if the Commissioner decides to utilize the CEL the NFL should pay.. but that's just my opinion.

I do not believe that is correct based on previous CEL situations.

According to NFL.com (about Josh Brown):

"While on the list, Brown cannot practice or attend games, and is allowed at the Giants' facility for meetings, individual workouts, therapy and rehabilitation and other permitted non-football activities if permitted by the franchise. Brown will continue to receive his normal salary and will be eligible for all the benefits he qualifies for under the Collective Bargaining Agreement."

More on the rule:

Article 46
Commissioner Discipline

Section 5
Commissioner Exempt

Read into it what you will. I did.

where is JB demanding a source.. must not follow you. First I've heard of that claim.

I looked it up and the story is from 2019.

I cannot ascertain the veracity of totalprosports.com.

No "credible" other source, which is weird that even a tabloid like TMZ did not report this story. So, as always, take it fwiw. idonno:

p.s. even if true, it's not even close to the same situation that Watson is in right now, but could help explain the attitude toward Nuk by some front office executives at NRG.

No "credible" other source, which is weird that even a tabloid like TMZ did not report this story. So, as always, take it fwiw. idonno:

p.s. even if true, it's not even close to the same situation that Watson is in right now, but could help explain the attitude toward Nuk by some front office executives at NRG.
In the article there is a picture that is allegedly a text or DM from Hopkins

totalprosports owned by a Jaime Koeppe but only thing on him is face book and I didn't read that. Jaime Jacqueline Koeppe is a Canadian diva in WWE and sometimes actress. The web link is allegedly safe but I don't know how legit.

Can't read it... chron wants me to login

There's more but the fist passage:

Houston police have at least nine reports accusing Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct during massage therapy sessions, with search warrant records showing that investigators are eyeing indecent assault — a misdemeanor crime — as a possible criminal charge.

The three search warrants — signed in October by a judge to collect data from Watson’s Instagram and Cash App usage — shed light on the Houston Police Department’s criminal investigation into the athlete, who has not been charged with a crime, amid months of litigation from nearly two dozen lawsuits. The search warrants detail accounts from nine women who say their encounters with Watson devolved from massages to misconduct.

There's more but the fist passage:

Houston police have at least nine reports accusing Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct during massage therapy sessions, with search warrant records showing that investigators are eyeing indecent assault — a misdemeanor crime — as a possible criminal charge.

The three search warrants — signed in October by a judge to collect data from Watson’s Instagram and Cash App usage — shed light on the Houston Police Department’s criminal investigation into the athlete, who has not been charged with a crime, amid months of litigation from nearly two dozen lawsuits. The search warrants detail accounts from nine women who say their encounters with Watson devolved from massages to misconduct.

Don’t take this the wrong way - And I hope any victims get justice -

But if he only gets charged a misdemeanor that’s better than a felony? That’s better for trade purposes right?

Sorry - my “Law and Order” TV Series only taught me so much.

But if he only gets charged a misdemeanor that’s better than a felony? That’s better for trade purposes right?

Please don't apologize. A misdemeanor is far better then a felony.

There's a fine line here. If dw is genuinely a pos, I don't care about trade capital. Still... If we can get something for him I want the best possible return.

My take here is a judge signing 3 search warrants doesn't happen by accident. Nor does a grand jury collaborate by accident. They have some kind of evidence and this should be eye opening for most readers.

I think a dw suspension is inevitable either way by the nfl.

Don't read this as good news for the franchise.

Last edited:

That's just the warrant. Depending on what they find it may escalate.

Well number one, I figured he would be charged with some misdemeanors. However the grand jury will still meet. Felonies undergo that process. So, the fact HPD got three search warrants doesn’t mean Watson will only see misdemeanors and also it is evidence that HPD believes something worse may have happened. Also there may be more search warrants. These are just for his social media accounts. Not his text messages.

From the chronicle article:

When she pulled away, he grabbed the woman with his legs and slid her toward him. He then grabbed her head and pulled her face down — “trying to make her perform oral sex on him,” the investigator added.

Back