Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Long ago, I posted that Hopkins, the media and Michael Irvin out of ignorance or for whatever reason entirely misrepresented the true meaning of the statement credited to O'Brien that "Hopkins had too much influence over the locker room." The "locker room" label should have always correctly been assigned to reference Watson specifically.............i.e., Watson's introduction to the wilder life by Hopkins.

Looking at the timelines with my uninformed eye, it seems that Hopkins departure may correlate with an escalation of Watson's behavior. Isn't it possible that while Hopkins may have introduced Watson to the 'wilder life', perhaps he also acted as a restraining influence against the eventual extremes to which he succumbed?

Bro when this came out I knew old buddy would go lower than the lowest. Why, well because he never did like Watson from the jump.

Like I stated early on, instead of bashing and pumping ones chest. How about praying for the young man who clearly has a problem.

Watson is in a sticky nasty situation, as well as the Texans.

Lower than low? DW4 appears to have gone lower than low.

Praying? Yeah I'm praying for justice to be done. Just because I point things out about DW's character flaws doesn't mean I'm patting myself on the back. I actually wish none of this happened and DW4 brought a championship to Kirby. But for now it's like wishing in one hand and crapping in another and seeing which one fills up 1st.

Long ago, I posted that Hopkins, the media and Michael Irvin out of ignorance or for whatever reason entirely misrepresented the true meaning of the statement credited to O'Brien that "Hopkins had too much influence over the locker room." The "locker room" label should have always correctly been assigned to reference Watson specifically.............i.e., Watson's introduction to the wilder life by Hopkins.

Yes, and Easterby is said to have "seen" how Hopkins was and told Cal that in his opinion Hopkins was a bad presence in the locker room. As well as on Watson. Cal then told the GM (OB) that Hopkins needed to go...sooner than later.

Now, all of that is speculation from many different reports that are not 100% certain. However it seems to fit how everything went. OB may have not liked Hopkins behavior. Yet I don't think he would trade a top 3 WR in the NFL for next to nothing. Leading us to be able to make a case that he was ordered to do it. No HC is going to just toss an elite WR out the door. We likely could have gotten a 1st round pick and probably a 2nd or 3rd (maybe both) for him. However, if OB was ordered to trade him he probably had to go with any offer. I don't think it was OB who was behind the trade at all. Rather Cal and Easterby

Looking at the timelines with my uninformed eye, it seems that Hopkins departure may correlate with an escalation of Watson's behavior. Isn't it possible that while Hopkins may have introduced Watson to the 'wilder life', perhaps he also acted as a restraining influence against the eventual extremes to which he succumbed?

Maybe, or Hopkins was very good at what he was doing. And with him gone... Watson didn't know enough to fully cover his trail.

Anything is possible

Very ironic isn't it that a guy like Hopkins would be the person to try to help DW4 when he helped to create this situation to begin with.

What if I told you over a yr ago things would've turned out like they have? Unbelievable.

In hindsight yes that seems likely but when you factor in Mama Watson calling Janice, because mothers never think its their child thats the problem, and talking about how her son is such a good kid and he's being lead astray one mother to another it fits. And to be fair just looking at the surface its makes sense, Hopkins has gotten a couple of women pregnant and is well known for partying while Watson had, particularly at that time, pretty much a perfect record both at Clemson and in the NFL as an all around saint. People can get on their soap box about "baby mammas" being offensive all they want but if you put the two histories side by side and said "Which one would you want your daughter to bring home." Watson would win pretty much every time

I never believed in the star QB.

Tried to tell posters to not believe in him and was ridiculed for it.

On a realted note, wonder when we're going to see the DW4 slime act again. You can give trash money but they will always be trash. We spray section 8 housing for a living and you wouldn't believe some of the crap that goes on. I really can't believe anybody would support this guy.
It's been obvious to me that Watson will never be a Tom Brady or Big Ben or Russell Wilson. He's a good QB, but not great. He was fortunate to have a freak of nature like Hopkins to throw to in his early years to pad his stats. It's time for the Texans to move on & find a great QB in the making. And at this point, the only QB that teams would avoid more is Colin Kaepernick.

Comparing this situation with Hopkins and Watson to Tiger Woods being introduced to the party life with Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley.
Could it be after being introduced to the "game", neither Woods or Watson really knew how the game was played? In other words, when left to their own devices or to find women on their own, they were not as selective, discrete or experienced as their mentors?

Picking up women on IG or Waffle House with a trail of messages where anyone can see you. It just seems so amateurish and foolish.

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying.
If all this is true, any idea what the relationship is between momma and Janice at this point? Does momma blame the Texans for not protecting her baby?

I'd think the team did all they to protect Watson .... but you just can't protect someone from himself.
I have no idea what the relationship is between Momma Watson & the franchise.

We do have to realize that some information wasn't known at the time - to us that is.

As it was told to me in April of 2020 ..... Watson's mother went to Janice complaining of Hopkins being a poor influence. Janice gave OB an ultimatum - get rid of him (Hopkins).

What we didn't know at the time was the conversation between Easterby & Momma Watson that triggered that call to Janice. That really tied a bunch of loose ends ....
Thanks Corrosion appreciate that info.
So at the risk of beating the proverbial dead horse let me see if I've got this right:
(1) The reason the Texans traded D-Hop to the Cards with such stunning and mystifying terms was to whisk him out of town as quick possible with the first willing trading partner so they could get him as far away from DW4 as possible to eliminate the influence on DW4 ?
(2) The real reason DW4 was pizzed at the organization and wanted out wasn't so much because he didn't approve of the hiring process of
a new HC and/or GM, but rather because the organization was intervening in his relationship with D-Hop & trying to get him (DW4) to change his own off field lifestyle ?

To the first part , I believe that to be a fair description of what happened.

Part two - I don't have an answer to. My own opinion ? No , its more about the state of the franchise and their immediate prospects for improvement. "We wasted one of your years" had a big impact on Watson.... everything else - the cryptic loyalty statement , the lied to about input bit , the concern over social justice issues - its all just a means to an end for him.

He had two sit down meetings with Cal , the first just the two of them and the second included Mulugheta over the direction of franchise in terms of coaching & the GM spot.

And when it comes to social justice (hiring blacks) the Texans have been a decade in front of that - just look at the guy who takes credit for drafting Watson.

How much more loyal can they be than $150milion plus dollars and the face of the franchise??

There could be some truth to the idea of the loyalty bit being tied to these sexual assault claims - expecting the team to take his side no matter the circumstances but that's speculation at this point.

Not helping Watson’s situation......his hot girlfriend’s name is: Jilly Anais......Jilly Anais!!! You couldn’t have scripted this b/c I just couldn’t imagine someone named their child Jilly knowing their last name was Anais. That’d be like some dude’s parents naming him Richard while knowing their last name was Head.

Now that we are aware of some of the kinky claims by the MT’s....did Watson find his current girlfriend by her name alone?

Absolutely and one of my sources directly said as much and that was also confirmed by at least one other person I know with similar ties to the team.

Comparing this situation with Hopkins and Watson to Tiger Woods being introduced to the party life with Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley.
Could it be after being introduced to the "game", neither Woods or Watson really knew how the game was played? In other words, when left to their own devices or to find women on their own, they were not as selective, discrete or experienced as their mentors?

Picking up women on IG or Waffle House with a trail of messages where anyone can see you. It just seems so amateurish and foolish.

Very close to what was said .....

Not helping Watson’s situation......his hot girlfriend’s name is: Jilly Anais......Jilly Anais!!! You couldn’t have scripted this b/c I just couldn’t imagine someone named their child Jilly knowing their last name was Anais. That’d be like some dude’s parents naming him Richard while knowing their last name was Head.

Now that we are aware of some of the kinky claims by the MT’s....did Watson find his current girlfriend by her name alone?

Maybe DW4 got the words Anais and Anus mixed up?

It could've happened, this episode proved he ain't that bright.

He is UNBELIEVABLY stupid for putting himself in this pickle. Maybe it’ll scare him straight but I’m hoping he can redeem himself in order to maximize the trade value.

The thing is while we don't know where all the legal issues will go the other elephant in the room is the NFL. They don't have to have proof, they don't have to wait for due process, they don't even have to care if you are innocent and they haven't gotten their pound of flesh yet. From an NFL standpoint:

Watson has embarrassed the league with these allegations

He has embarrassed Goodell by causing media outlets to call on him to put Watson on the list

The shear number of women, not just accusing him but that he is known to have seen, is drawing red flags

Its about a hot button issue, sexual assault, that is front page news due to what is currently going on in the world and its an issue that the NFL has drawn fire from before

And he is a QB that has only won one playoff game so we're not talking about a SB MVP

Oh and did I mention before all this started he tried to force a trade right after signing one of the biggest contracts in history in a move you would see more in the NBA and something the owners are actively fighting against.

Yeah when you add all that up even if Watson's legal issues went away tomorrow he still would be in big time trouble. I very much expect the league wants to make an example of him and right now they are waiting to see if they have to or if the courts will do it for them.

Yeah when you add all that up even if Watson's legal issues went away tomorrow he still would be in big time trouble. I very much expect the league wants to make an example of him and right now they are waiting to see if they have to or if the courts will do it for them.
The League is not going to get ahead of their skis on the Watson problem. But, they aren't going to allow him to put on a uniform and represent the League or the Texans in any manner. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the League that had the Texans website somewhat scrubbed of Watson.

Everything is in wait and see mode. Will there be a settlement? Will there be criminal charges? Will this civil case actually make it to court? The situation and Watson's status with the League is in limbo.

Yes, and Easterby is said to have "seen" how Hopkins was and told Cal that in his opinion Hopkins was a bad presence in the locker room. As well as on Watson. Cal then told the GM (OB) that Hopkins needed to go...sooner than later.

Now, all of that is speculation from many different reports that are not 100% certain. However it seems to fit how everything went. OB may have not liked Hopkins behavior. Yet I don't think he would trade a top 3 WR in the NFL for next to nothing. Leading us to be able to make a case that he was ordered to do it. No HC is going to just toss an elite WR out the door. We likely could have gotten a 1st round pick and probably a 2nd or 3rd (maybe both) for him. However, if OB was ordered to trade him he probably had to go with any offer. I don't think it was OB who was behind the trade at all. Rather Cal and Easterby
So OB was ordered to get rid of Hopkins. So Bill gets a list of teams, starting in alphabetical order, and is on the phone with Arizona when Cal walks by and asks if it’s done yet. OB says he’s got Arizona on the phone and they’re offering this bull- when Cal interrupts and says do it. Is that how it went down and it isn’t OB’s fault?

I mean that would certainly explain why other teams have said they never got a call.

It's been obvious to me that Watson will never be a Tom Brady or Big Ben or Russell Wilson. He's a good QB, but not great. He was fortunate to have a freak of nature like Hopkins to throw to in his early years to pad his stats. It's time for the Texans to move on & find a great QB in the making. And at this point, the only QB that teams would avoid more is Colin Kaepernick.

Are you serious? He most likely is at minimum a freak who likes things up his butt and quite possibly is guilty of sexual assault BUT he is/was one helluva a QB.

(1) The reason the Texans traded D-Hop to the Cards with such stunning and mystifying terms was to whisk him out of town as quick possible with the first willing trading partner so they could get him as far away from DW4 as possible to eliminate the influence on DW4 ?
Imo the only thing we really know is BO’b was told to trade Hopkins. As far as the paltry return, we don’t know. That could have been BO’b trying to stick it to Hopkins. It may have been BO’b trying to stick it to the McNairs for forcing his hand. We don’t know.

What I find interesting is that the story that several teams didn’t know Hopkins was available (like Buffalo who gave up a first for Diggs) came out about the same time we went 0-4. Maybe the details of that trade helped Cal say 0-4 was the last straw.

(2) The real reason DW4 was pizzed at the organization and wanted out wasn't so much because he didn't approve of the hiring process of
a new HC and/or GM, but rather because the organization was intervening in his relationship with D-Hop & trying to get him (DW4) to change his own off field lifestyle ?

Maybe. When Watson said the only thing the Texans could do to “fix” things is to fire Cal McNair, I could imagine Watson found out about the reasoning behind the trade.

But I’m sure the accusations against Watson & the Texans response at that time probably had more to do with it.

He is UNBELIEVABLY stupid for putting himself in this pickle. Maybe it’ll scare him straight but I’m hoping he can redeem himself in order to maximize the trade value.

Hopefully this happens

I'm just ready to move on at this point and cut losses. I certainly understand your sentiment. What I really hope comes out of all of this is the McNair's learn something.

Are you serious? He most likely is at minimum a freak who likes things up his butt and quite possibly is guilty of sexual assault BUT he is/was one helluva a QB.

Ah, the good ol days when we used to argue about whether Watson was a top tier QB or not. Still a dumb argument as far as the nots are concerned, but probably better than what we've got now. Maybe.

So OB was ordered to get rid of Hopkins. So Bill gets a list of teams, starting in alphabetical order, and is on the phone with Arizona when Cal walks by and asks if it’s done yet. OB says he’s got Arizona on the phone and they’re offering this bull- when Cal interrupts and says do it. Is that how it went down and it isn’t OB’s fault?

I mean that would certainly explain why other teams have said they never got a call.

Again I don't think it was OB. Might have just been Cal and Easterby

Ah, the good ol days when we used to argue about whether Watson was a top tier QB or not. Still a dumb argument as far as the nots are concerned, but probably better than what we've got now. Maybe.

It's a dumb argument backing a guy who has only won 1 playoff game and is now facing sexual assault charges.

Funny you say that. Has anyone wondered if she was running the team through Cal? Or having a huge amount of input on what they do but hiding in the back. I mean her husband passed away and I am fairly sure that she is religious. So, she kept Easterby knowing Bob liked him. Then when he has a thought he calls her and she or he goes to Cal. Seeing it is not a shock that Easterby wasn't a fan of Hopkins. Yet why would OB not keep a stud top 5 WR (in the NFL)? He made some bad calls but tossing away a great scoring threat (Watson to Hopkins)...I don’t think he would. Just an example- Even a 60% run team has a WR or 2 just incase they can't run well vs a D. When you have a threat like Hopkins you don't trade him for nothing. IMO if OB was behind the wheel he would have been able to get a few players or picks. Which also makes the Tunsil trade seem like a decent idea. Seeing he was going to be getting more soon. That's a HC and GM move. A FO with no real football knowledge (Madden don't count Cal) would just be like "I don't like him, what will the other teams give me? A good RB before he was hurt...Sounds good he should be healthy and good for us."

Just a thought

Funny you say that. Has anyone wondered if she was running the team through Cal? Or having a huge amount of input on what they do but hiding in the back. I mean her husband passed away and I am fairly sure that she is religious. So, she kept Easterby knowing Bob liked him. Then when he has a thought he calls her and she or he goes to Cal. Seeing it is not a shock that Easterby wasn't a fan of Hopkins. Yet why would OB not keep a stud top 5 WR (in the NFL)? He made some bad calls but tossing away a great scoring threat (Watson to Hopkins)...I don’t think he would. Just an example- Even a 60% run team has a WR or 2 just incase they can't run well vs a D. When you have a threat like Hopkins you don't trade him for nothing. IMO if OB was behind the wheel he would have been able to get a few players or picks. Which also makes the Tunsil trade seem like a decent idea. Seeing he was going to be getting more soon. That's a HC and GM move. A FO with no real football knowledge (Madden don't count Cal) would just be like "I don't like him, what will the other teams give me? A good RB before he was hurt...Sounds good he should be healthy and good for us."

Just a thought

Well, DW's mom called Janice and poof Hopkins was gone.

Speaks volumes in my mind.

Innocent of what? Sexual assault? For me to believe he's innocent of the sexual assault part beyond a shadow of doubt, it would take something extreme exposing these women and/or Buzbee.

I don't think there's anything that can happen to make me believe he's innocent for the rest of it. I mean, if you add the 18 women that Hardin found who had no problems with Deshaun, that gets us to what, 40 or more "massage therapists"? And it doesn't help that he was requesting massages from women where massages weren't really what some of them specialized in. I mean, if you're in need of massages as much as it appears Watson needed it, why are you looking outside that specialized realm?

And even if the towel accidently falls off, exposing yourself to that many, basically strangers, in an environment where he has no protection from a he said, she said scenario, i.e. all of them being 1-on-1 private situations, that's just a really, really dumb way for a publicly known rich person to do things. Just in this thread there's been mention of leaving the door open in an office environment when a woman enters. You just don't put yourself in that situation, especially if you're famous and rich.

I could get past the sexual assault part, but like I said, it would take something crazy proving these cases to be fraudulant, but there's nothing that can get me to innocence beyond a shadow of doubt for all of the, as @Lucky put it, shades of grey. I mean Team Watson has basically admitted to paying for sex. There's no coming back from that.

MicDrop.gif

Well, DW's mom called Janice and poof Hopkins was gone.

Speaks volumes in my mind.

This is how the worst run organizations in the NFL do it. :rake:

To be fair. With that strategy, he doesn't have multiple "baby mommas" running around NRG. Unfortunately, like BoB's offense, great plan, poor execution and even worst results. 😎

Comparing BOB's gameplans (Which allowed DW4 to become what YOU consider to be a franchise QB) to at the very least soliciting of prostitution and at worst a sexual predator is both laughable and sickening at the same time.

It's a dumb argument backing a guy who has only won 1 playoff game and is now facing sexual assault charges.
I like Texas native Baker Mayfield over Watson. Baker wanted to go to the then worst team in the NFL & accept the challenge to make them better, and now the Browns are a serious contender. Not sure if any good QBs will be available when the Texans draft in a couple weeks.

Possible that Watson's behavior escalated, but the original source of role model/influence was Hopkins. He exposed Watson to the fast lifestyle. It would be difficult for Watson to then be curtailed by the same Hopkins, when he is watching him living out exactly what Watson felt was the same lifestyle. The cat was out of the bag..........Hopkins was still openly the partier with many different women and still Watson's role model. Although Hopkins was smart enough to understand that there were plenty of women out there to voluntarily satisfy him, and that there was never a need to force himself on any woman. Hopkins was not about to change his lifestyle to teach Watson anything. Watson, on the other hand, evidently could not be satisfied with those that overtly wanted him, and had to seek thrills going after forbidden apples. And as far as Hopkins not being wanted around Watson..............it's quite a simple explanation............even if Hopkins made any attempt to tether Watson, "do as say, not as I do" is not going to work very well in such cases..............and if it were used by Hopkins, the failed end result was predictable to play out how it has.

On the other hand, the good people on a local sports talk show are pretty much declaring a mere 6 game suspension outside of the CEL.

Just a thought
IMO Janice is the puppet master for all things Texans. Even for Cal. I would say she pulls Cal's strings too but my hunch is Cal goes to her with all decisions to be made for her approval and blessing. Cal also likely gets a directive or two from Momma on how and what she wants done. There is still the Kirby boardroom roundtable meetings of four because that's the way the Pope wants it because that's the way Pope Bob had always did it. And then there is Cal's meeting with Pope Janice to bless the Kirby boardroom roundtable meetings. And that ladies and gentlemen is your 2021 Houston Texans.:Tumblewee

Last edited:
Hopkins was not about to change his lifestyle to teach Watson anything. Watson, on the other hand, evidently could not be satisfied with those that overtly wanted him, and had to seek thrills going after forbidden apples.

To me these situations he put himself in sound ike something straight out if a porn flick. As some of stated, he has some sort of addiction. As with any serious addiction, people need more and more to satisfy the craving. It starts out fulfilling the cravings watching it on the screen and then when that doesn't satisfy, move to the real thing, all the while pushing that line further and further ahead, consensual or not.

I know a few players on this team and it was said Hop was traded because he wanted out. The relationship between him and Obrien became very soar. Especially after that embarrassing loss to the Chiefs in the playoffs. Watson was already out of control way before he got to the Texans. Young kid who was a Superstar in College, got exactly what he wanted. The parties he went to were off the chains. We've all been there people, maybe not on that level, but we've hit up that fast life before. So please stop trying to pin this on Hopkins.

Earl guess who introduced Hopkins to that wild life once he got into the NFL.

It starts with a J. Dude use to have these sex parties. Shoots the entire professional sports ram is wilding out. Those in the entertainment industry parties are crazy wild.

I know a few players on this team and it was said Hop was traded because he wanted out. The relationship between him and Obrien became very soar. Especially after that embarrassing loss to the Chiefs in the playoffs. Watson was already out of control way before he got to the Texans. Young kid who was a Superstar in College, got exactly what he wanted. The parties he went to were off the chains. We've all been there people, maybe not on that level, but we've hit up that fast life before. So please stop trying to pin this on Hopkins.

Pinning this on Hop seems really strange to me. Like you said, DW4 was already in that life before he got to the Texans. He was dating Mia Khalifa before the draft, iirc. Although he probably already knew Hop from the Clemson connection, I doubt Hop was that big of an influence.

In hindsight yes that seems likely but when you factor in Mama Watson calling Janice, because mothers never think its their child thats the problem, and talking about how her son is such a good kid and he's being lead astray one mother to another it fits. And to be fair just looking at the surface its makes sense, Hopkins has gotten a couple of women pregnant and is well known for partying while Watson had, particularly at that time, pretty much a perfect record both at Clemson and in the NFL as an all around saint. People can get on their soap box about "baby mammas" being offensive all they want but if you put the two histories side by side and said "Which one would you want your daughter to bring home." Watson would win pretty much every time

Some are saying that at Clemson Watson was a ladies man. And he liked to date around. No clue if it's true, but have seen it in a few articles. I do know that Clemson is going to be looked at too if he doesn't settle soon. Because it will show character and/or behavior patterns. Don't be shocked if you start hearing that his former teammates and coaches are being questioned. A recent podcast (All Access I think it was) said that it is well known that he was a "guy who liked women at Clemson"

Pinning this on Hop seems really strange to me. Like you said, DW4 was already in that life before he got to the Texans. He was dating Mia Khalifa before the draft, iirc. Although he probably already knew Hop from the Clemson connection, I doubt Hop was that big of an influence.

I only think when Hopkins was here they were doing it and hiding it better. As I said many articles state that it is well known that Watson was a player (of ladies) at Clemson

Some are saying that at Clemson Watson was a ladies man. And he liked to date around. No clue if it's true, but have seen it in a few articles. I do know that Clemson is going to be looked at too if he doesn't settle soon. Because it will show character and/or behavior patterns. Don't be shocked if you start hearing that his former teammates and coaches are being questioned. A recent podcast (All Access I think it was) said that it is well known that he was a "guy who liked women at Clemson"
Nothing wrong with liking women. Most of us do. & I'd have thought if anything happened at Clemson someone would have joined Buzbee's suit by now. But so far everything is within twelve months of each other.

& if he had an issue that Clemson "helped" him with, he'd be a little more consistent with that nda... doesn't make sense to think it would protect him from assaulting someone.

To me these situations he put himself in sound ike something straight out if a porn flick. As some of stated, he has some sort of addiction. As with any serious addiction, people need more and more to satisfy the craving. It starts out fulfilling the cravings watching it on the screen and then when that doesn't satisfy, move to the real thing, all the while pushing that line further and further ahead, consensual or not.

He was playing a game and got caught. He was using Instagram to hook up with women. That we know is not in question. Some he had some type of sexual relationship with and that is likely the 18 who say he was a gentleman. The other ones may have been ok with a get together but it started going further. That's when the alarm sounded. Once someone came forward...the flood gate was open.

I can only go by what a few articles and a podcast said. I would link it but I would have to find the articles. It was just mixed in with what would be 5-10 pages about the situation. Now the podcast was recent within the last week. So, I might be able to find it after work. Very interesting things were talked about

Back