Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

It's damn hard not to put some weight behind 22 people making the same statements Vs one who says otherwise.

Watson - It was consensual.

22 women - It wasn't consensual.

The evidence that we have heard so far is overwhelmingly negative for Watson. That includes his text messages to them , their text messages to others , the demanding of NDA's to get paid and ALL of their statements being very similar in describing his wording and actions.
Then there's the text conversation from the one who was supposed to be defending him that said she heard these same things from others in the profession and suddenly ended the relationship ....

Other that saying - I didn't do that. Or - It was consensual ..... what's his response ?

According to Hardin, crying which proves he’s innocent.

It's a sad testament to the justice system where it relates to sexual assault. Few victims speak of their experiences to anyone. Fewer ever pursue it civilly. Even fewer report it to the police. Only a handful ever see it to court. And only 1% result in conviction.

It's obvious to me, and it should be to anyone, that sexual assault is hardly deterred by the justice system. And that the perpetrators' money and connections commonly allow them to minimize or avoid all together the fate they truly deserve.
There are usually two people involved in each incident. In Ben's case it was him & the person he assaulted. He & that person resolved the issue to their satisfaction.

That doesn't mean I disagree with what you are saying. But as far as I know, Roethlisberger's accuser was not dragged through the mud or victimized, or anything like that.

She got her lawyer they negotiated with his lawyer, they got on with their lives.

I don't know what happened with Watson & these women. I don't. If they can settle this without Watson going to jail, great. If Watson ends up in jail, great. But the question was how can Watson move forward if he "looks" guilty.

Other than Ray Rice, most of these guys just keep playing.

Last edited:

Yeah .... um ... right ... out of context .... right.

Right. I don’t see any way she can help Hardin.
yep, Perry Mason taught me that if you put even a shadow of doubt in the testimony of a witness they are done as a witness. Her explanation was mainly hearsay. Only verifiable evidence is that she was an Instagram massage therapist that had several engagements with DW and suddenly quit. I’m sure the person she texted will become a witness. BTW regarding her fear of liability, wonder what her disclaimer agreement looks like? Seems she had no fear of liability anyway since she was working outside the team of Texans doctors to begin with.

Question I don't know the answer to but has to be asked...

If Jas Brooks was referring Watson to other girls after she was made aware of accusations that he had sexually assaulted other women, could that make her an accessory to some of his crimes? Criminally or civilly liable?

Regardless, while Rusty has her dancing around her private admissions with public $tatement$, what she had previously hoped to avoid -- "I just hope don’t nobody call me to question me” -- seems to have changed with her giving TV interview$ now. :kitten:

Will be interesting to see her answers to Buzbee on the stand under oath after ALL of her text and email records have been subpoenaed and ALL of her cellphone contacts from the prior 2+ years have been deposed. And interesting to see if Buzbee can track the payoff, either through Mulugheta or if they're really numbnuts from Watson-to-Quincy Avery-to-Intermediary-to-Jas Brooks.

Last edited:

If Jas Brooks was referring Watson to other girls after she was made aware of accusations that he had sexually assaulted other women, could that make her an accessory to some of his crimes? Criminally or civilly liable?

Regardless, while Rusty has her dancing around her private admissions with public $tatement$, what she had previously hoped to avoid -- "I just hope don’t nobody call me to question me” -- seems to have changed with her giving TV interview$ now. :kitten:

Will be interesting to see her answers to Buzbee on the stand under oath after ALL of her text and email records have been subpoenaed and ALL of her cellphone contacts from the prior 2+ years have been deposed. And interesting to see if Buzbee can track the payoff, either through Mulugheta or if they're really numbnuts from Watson-to-Quincy Avery-to-Intermediary-to-Jas Brooks.

No I don’t believe it would make her liable, it might be questionable morally but it’s not illegal even if he had been a convicted sex offender.

If I was Watson, I'd get my lawyer to offer each of the 22 women $500,000 each to go away and sign a NDC. That would be 11 million of his 156,000,000 contract to clean up this mess. Well worth it. Otherwise he's screwed!

Hey don’t forget the plan is to sit out because, well he doesn’t want to play for the Texans anymore. Therefore, he’s going to lose money that way too. Maybe that’s why he didn’t try to pay the hush hush money back then.

Best two pieces of advice my dad gave me.

“It’s not enough to want to sleep with a woman you better want to wake up with her to.”

“Son every time you put your **** in a woman you are putting your life in her hands.”

Why anyone would ever want to deal with interacting with people in general is beyond me.

Whatta hassle.

And yet we do. Because we're stupid as humans.

Hey don’t forget the plan is to sit out because, well he doesn’t want to play for the Texans anymore. Therefore, he’s going to lose money that way too. Maybe that’s why he didn’t try to pay the hush hush money back then.
Also, why pay 1 person $100k when you’ve lost count of how many people you’ve done this to and you know they are all coming after you through Buzbee?

What Hardin was hoping to Do with the accusers has just been done with his own witness and Buzbee will absolutely destroy her in court, and in the public arena. She just undermined Watson’s entire defense

I feel like I need to add an addendum to everything I respond to with "if he's guilty". As hard as it is for some of us to believe, that 22 (or is it 23 now?) have had remarkably similar and terrible experiences with Watson, would lie, it's still in the realm of possibility. So, if he's guilty:

I think the reason he didn't pay any of the women off is because of something CND wrote earlier in this thread, Watson didn't, and still doesn't see anything wrong with his behavior. He doesn't have the capacity to place himself in the position of the women; he can not feel empathy for them. As I write this though, I have to ask myself the question, why did he text apologies to at least one of the women? And the answer is, disappointing as it is, I don't know because I don't have all the facts. I don't know Watson and I don't know his accusers.

My gut feeling is, Watson won't settle out of court. This thing is going to have to be litigated. And it's going to drag on.

I feel like I need to add an addendum to everything I respond to with "if he's guilty". As hard as it is for some of us to believe, that 22 (or is it 23 now?) have had remarkably similar and terrible experiences with Watson, would lie, it's still in the realm of possibility. So, if he's guilty:

I think the reason he didn't pay any of the women off is because of something CND wrote earlier in this thread, Watson didn't, and still doesn't see anything wrong with his behavior. He doesn't have the capacity to place himself in the position of the women; he can not feel empathy for them. As I write this though, I have to ask myself the question, why did he text apologies to at least one of the women? And the answer is, disappointing as it is, I don't know because I don't have all the facts. I don't know Watson and I don't know his accusers.

My gut feeling is, Watson won't settle out of court. This thing is going to have to be litigated. And it's going to drag on.

Let the litigation begin

I cant wait for the entertainment value that a trial will bring.

If I was Watson, I'd get my lawyer to offer each of the 22 women $500,000 each to go away and sign a NDC. That would be 11 million of his 156,000,000 contract to clean up this mess. Well worth it. Otherwise he's screwed!

I see many different sources talking settlement but I can’t get past the thought of what this could do to the NFL’s investigation. This is a sordid mess guilty or not. The NFL simply cannot come out of this with business as usual, that is a settlement. I think this would give them a PR nightmare In light of the attention given to sex crimes these days. I’m actually a lot more interested in this investigation than the others because I believe as a fan that this really is the only one that matters.

As you said I feel like I have to add a disclaimer to every post otherwise some on here will hop up on a soap box about innocent until proven guilty as though anyone here can declare him to be either way. That being said your post reminded me of guy I knew in college. He was literally born with a mental issue that meant he didn't have a conscience, he would tell us stories, completely deadpan, of how when he was a kid he would torture animals and even hurt other kids and never understood why that was a bad thing. To that day he never understand why he wasn't suppose to do it but he had learned about consequences so he didn't want to be arrested or anything and it was only fear of consequences that stopped him from hurting people. He learned to apologize to people because it was the correct social response but he never meant it because you have to feel some level of guilt to mean an apology.

Now I don't think Watson is out there torturing animals but it could be that he really doesn't feel he did anything wrong and only apologized because he knew/thought it was the correct response. Looking at the timeline it seems he got worse as time went on. I can't help but wonder if as the fear of consequences went down the actions got more forceful and more bold. This is all just theory of course and I'm not qualified to say for sure either but still is interesting to consider.

Here is the interview with the therapist, Jas Brooks.

Definitely unpolished, but nothing stands out in this interview. Her explanation of Watson starting to see a lot of therapists stands out some. If anything he made ridiculous choices to seek out so many different people. I understand his reasoning, but it was still a lack of judgement and he put himself in a compromised position.

Doesn't mean he assaulted anyone, but still shows bad judgement for someone with his net worth.

Definitely unpolished, but nothing stands out in this interview. Her explanation of Watson starting to see a lot of therapists stands out some. If anything he made ridiculous choices to seek out so many different people. I understand his reasoning, but it was still a lack of judgement and he put himself in a compromised position.

Doesn't mean he assaulted anyone, but still shows bad judgement for someone with his net worth.

lol, I’ll call him Wonka’s Willie. he was in a candy shop.

It pisses me off that Watson can sit back and figure out how to inflict maximum damage on Texans in this too. Thing is, he is forgetting that he has a lot of fans who have supported him and who can still support him in this circus.
He better not bite the hand that feeds him.

It’s a direct contradiction to her text messages and makes her unreliable as a witness

A lengthy detailed ESPN article. Interesting is the timing when he chose to have his massage sessions.

Examining the dual narratives around Deshaun Watson's many massages
7:00 AM CT
Editor's note: This story contains graphic descriptions of sexual assault allegations.

IN LATE FEBRUARY, Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and his girlfriend, singer and model Jilly Anais, were photographed in front of Atlanta's InterContinental Hotel as Watson arrived to participate in a charity rally of 70 colorful Ferraris, McLarens and other luxury sports cars.
Despite its flashiness, the event was in the wheelhouse of Watson's humble and wholesome public image -- a mission by his foundation to help feed some 12,000 families in his hometown of Gainesville, Georgia. Wayne Schneider, one of the event's organizers, told ESPN that Watson delivered two semi-truckloads of food. "He really cares," Schneider said.
About this report
This story was reported and written by ESPN's John Barr, Sarah Barshop and Michael Rothstein.
"Life is a blessing to be a blessing and enjoy doing it!" Watson wrote on his Instagram account. "Thank everyone that was a part of putting this charity rally together to bless beautiful families!"

The following week, according to allegations in court documents, Watson did something else in the Atlanta area that those closest to him say they can't fathom. He booked a discounted $55 massage and, according to a lawsuit, exposed his penis and caused it to touch the hand of the shocked massage therapist.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Another detailed ESPN article.

Breaking down the legal strategy in the Deshaun Watson case
6:24 AM CT
Michael RothsteinESPN Staff Writer

When Texas attorney Tony Buzbee filed the first civil lawsuit against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson on March 16, he said he knew of only two complainants. Within three weeks, Buzbee and his law firm had filed 22 cases, with women from four states accusing Watson of behavior ranging from inappropriate exposure to sexual assault during scheduled massages.

The dizzying rate at which Buzbee and his team have filed the suits raises questions about the risks and rewards of his strategy, for the women he represents and for Buzbee himself. How thoroughly does Buzbee's team need to vet potential plaintiffs before bringing a case forward? What's the standard of evidence required?

Due to the high-profile nature of a case like this, being aggressive in getting the client's story out first is important, said Michelle Simpson Tuegel, a Texas plaintiff's attorney who represented several gymnasts who were sexually abused by USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar. "Being out ahead of it is smart and necessary in a case like this," she said.

Buzbee's strategy can also make a defense team scramble. "Many times a lawsuit will catch a defendant completely off-guard, catch him cold," said Kent Adams, a Texas-based civil defense lawyer. "They'll retain counsel and start an investigation but [be] behind the eight ball. And it can take some time to get up to speed and try to find out what the other side of the story is."

This is not the first time Buzbee has used speed to unsettle the defense. In August 2020, Buzbee sued a company Adams represented following a pipeline explosion in Corpus Christi, Texas. Buzbee filed four cases the same day. Other lawsuits followed in the subsequent weeks. Some of the filings are still working their way through the courts.

At his first news conference on March 19, at which point he had filed seven cases, Buzbee said he and co-counsel Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey spent "a lot of time" with the first plaintiff to make sure they were comfortable with the case and "agonized" over whether they would file. According to emails released on Thursday by Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, Buzbee's firm spoke on the phone with Watson's representatives at Athletes First on behalf of the first plaintiff, Ashley Solis, as early as Feb. 2.

"Before we filed the first lawsuit I personally visited with the plaintiff multiple times," Buzbee said in March. "I understood that this case would generate a lot of interest. I wanted to make damn sure that what she was saying was plausible, was right and true."

However, the turnaround time was much faster for the approximately two dozen women who approached Buzbee's firm after the initial filings -- the 20 women who filed suits and five additional women the firm turned away because "we did not believe we could sustain a case for," Buzbee said Tuesday. How could they have vetted so many cases so quickly?

"It's possible but it's certainly fast," Simpson Tuegel said. "Tony Buzbee has a lot of resources and a lot of people who work for him. So he may be able to turn around the vetting if his clients were fully cooperative and got him what he needed quickly."

THE REST OF THE STORY

Last edited:
Absolutely, but in the OJ case there was a dead body. The only way the civil jury rules against OJ is if they believe he was the murderer. In this case even though it 22 vs 1 in the he said she said contest all the testimony they hear from each side will obviously be to defend their side... this is how it should be and the jury will understand. "However" if the Judge allows testimony in that an independent, unbiased, professional team has thorougly investigated this and decided Watson did nothing criminal... I think most jurors would find that the most compelling testimony in the trial. I know I would.
2 dead bodies....
I believe Ron Goldman’s dad sued the crap outta OJ in civil court and bankrupted him.

Care to share what YOU think his reasoning was?

It's clear as day to me he was hunting.

It pisses me off that Watson can sit back and figure out how to inflict maximum damage on Texans in this too. Thing is, he is forgetting that he has a lot of fans who have supported him and who can still support him in this circus.
He better not bite the hand that feeds him.

The fans need to be much more careful about who they throw their support behind.

My gut says Hardin tells Watson he’s an idiot and he’s not going to allow this to go into a court room because he knows he will be destroyed and that he needs to settle or find himself another team of lawyers.

My gut says Hardin tells Watson he’s an idiot and he’s not going to allow this to go into a court room because he knows he will be destroyed and that he needs to settle or find himself another team of lawyers.

My gut atleast from my experiences with lawyers tells me Hardin will take every cent he possibly can from Watson. If he happens to win this case that's just the cherry on top.

Support? The Texans are not the good guys in this mess, nor Watson, or the lawyers, or some of those witnesses. When lawyers are the only ones who stand to gain from any of this it's nothing but a ******* mess.

What have the Texans done wrong?

Other than not trading DW4 much earlier.

The fans need to be much more careful about who they throw their support behind.

Can't blame people for supporting him particularly when it was just 1 or 2 women. Thing is false claims are made all the time against rich, famous people and Watson did have a completely clean public image. Now I do agree not realizing that the public image is just that a public image and doesn't show the true character of a person and then when the number hit double digits still believing that this was nothing but an attempt to discredit him for wanting a trade is kind of dumb. Overall though as football fans its natural people would want to believe the best of their star QB just like many people can't believe when the neighbor they have known for years is accused of murder.

Best two pieces of advice my dad gave me.

“It’s not enough to want to sleep with a woman you better want to wake up with her to.”

“Son every time you put your **** in a woman you are putting your life in her hands.”
Great advice. I will add it to what I tell my kids:

Don’t put your **** where you don’t want to spend the rest of your life.
Never piss into the wind and never whittle towards yourself.

All of the above advice is excellent.

My USMC uncle - veteran of the Korean War - gave me this advice at the tender age of 16:

"Don't let your little head do your thinking for your big head."

Of course, being a young, red-blooded American male, I had to learn that sage advice through experiences.

Has anyone else become as bored with this as I have?

Indeed. It's almost as boring as draft day 2021 as a Texans fan. :yawn:

Back