Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

And the team with a commitment of millions?

Team isn’t going to pay Watson a dime anytime soon. There will be enough suspensions from this that Watson most likely won’t take the field this season even if he wanted to and worst case, from a team point of view, is if he gets put on the exempt list they can choose to pay his last 10 million of his rookie deal and void his new contract.

If Watson does go to jail then yeah all his contracts are null and void. Honestly outside of not having a QB, which we already figured we didn’t have before this came out, the team is in a much stronger position leverage wise because now Watson has a pending issue that stops teams from wanting him, at least till this is cleared up, no matter how talented he is.

Well I’ve tried to “what if” why a professional athlete who makes their living based on how well their body is goes to Instagram to pick up 40 massage therapists but I keep drawing a blank.
I think that mountain climber George Mallory said something along the lines of because it's there. Many people I think who do stupid stuff or break laws do not think they'll ever be caught or at least brought to Justice. I am not speaking for Deshaun Watson.

I think that mountain climber George Mallory said something along the lines of because it's there. Many people I think who do stupid stuff or break laws do not think they'll ever be caught or at least brought to Justice. I am not speaking for Deshaun Watson.

I always thought that was James Kirk right before he fell off the mountain.

Statement from Tony Buzbee regarding a complaint filed with HPD:
Now that HPD has confirmed such via Twitter, I will also confirm that a complaint was filed with HPD this morning regarding Deshaun Watson. I was not personally involved in the process, as I previously indicated I would not be. I can confirm, from the reports that I've received, that HPD personnel were extremely professional, thorough, and compassionate.

I will also confirm that other criminal complaints will follow, as previously indicated, in Houston

Last edited:
Again for the thousand time criminal is not Buzbee’s job nor can he file a criminal case, as for the women how do you know they didn’t try to report it to the police and got laughed out of the building? Or do you believe that the police investigate everything that is reported to them?
As the attorney for the claimants could he not have them submit criminal complaints to the police department to forward to the district attorney for a grand jury? Ham sandwich and all that.

Watson is really focused on finding out who is making this claim, will be interesting to see what they plan to do to "clear" his name. Now they will get the chance.

IF Watson never plays again in the NFL I feel bad for the CFL teams.

He will most certainly be the GOAT in the CFL.

He will get an Eh rating on everything. Ive seen the Lombardi trophy, but I wonder if the CFL its aboot.

Well I’ve tried to “what if” why a professional athlete who makes their living based on how well their body is goes to Instagram to pick up 40 massage therapists but I keep drawing a blank.
I’m sure that’s where Buzbee would like you to go. But really, what does it matter.

In & of itself it is peculiar behavior. But so what. Doesn’t mean he’s guilty of sexual misconduct, much less rape.

This is a guy who gave his first game day check to the cafeteria workers. People do funny things. Doesn’t mean they’re criminals.

Team isn’t going to pay Watson a dime anytime soon. There will be enough suspensions from this that Watson most likely won’t take the field this season even if he wanted to and worst case, from a team point of view, is if he gets put on the exempt list they can choose to pay his last 10 million of his rookie deal and void his new contract.

If he’s on the exempt list Texans have to carry him on the 2021 books as if he is playing.

Any relief the Texans might realize will be after the fact. That’s the price you pay for funding sexual terrorist.

Shoulda just let go of the money and settled. All those other 21 ladies are gonna go criminal soon.

"Millionaire BRAT abuses vulnerable women for his deviant sexual needs"

He losses.....

double post and I dont give a ****

Now that HPD has confirmed such via Twitter, I will also confirm that a complaint was filed with HPD this morning regarding Deshaun Watson. I was not personally involved in the process, as I previously indicated I would not be. I can confirm, from the reports that I've received, that HPD personnel were extremely professional, thorough, and compassionate.

I will also confirm that other criminal complaints will follow, as previously indicated, in Houston

I previously posted only part of the statement (see above), since my phone would not allow me to post the complete statement. So here is the complete statement which includes notice of the filing of a 22nd lawsuit.:

I will also confirm that other criminal complaints will follow, as previously indicated, in Houston and in other jurisdictions and with other agencies. I will let the authorities do their jobs, and will continue to do mine, on behalf of these courageous women.

I would remind everyone following this story that what is in play here is more than the future record of a football team, or a star quarterback. I would remind the so-called "talking heads" who do nothing but talk for a living that the issues raised here are extremely serious, involving serious misconduct against women. Too many times the so-called "experts" and "pundits" forget that we are not only dealing with the future of a star quarterback, we are dealing with the physical health, mental health, safety, and well-being of courageous people who had the fortitude to step forward, although powerless, against the powerful. It takes great strength to do what these women are doing. I will continue to devote my attention and efforts to them and could give a damn about those detractors whose first reaction is to attack these women, or me.

I can also confirm that we filed case number 22 today; the allegations therein are similar to the others that are now public record.

Another thing to note. If Watson is indeed charged, Harris County courts especially felony courts are very much backlogged. Good chance that case wouldn’t be settled for a while
The courts were still backed up from Hurricane Harvey and Covid made the backlog that much worse.

And this isn't the only jurisdiction that Watson will be fighting one of these cases. Criminally, it is only going to take 1 of 21 (or more) to have real evidence to send Watson away. Now that the criminal courts are involved Watson's only concern should be staying out of jail. That's going to be a long, long process where he can't afford any turnovers with multiple accusers, courts, judges, etc.

And this isn't the only jurisdiction that Watson will be fighting one of these cases. Criminally, it is only going to take 1 of 21 (or more) to have real evidence to send Watson away. Now that the criminal courts are involved Watson's only concern should be staying out of jail. That's going to be a long, long process where he can't afford any turnovers with multiple accusers, courts, judges, etc.

Yeah even if this goes to court with 22 criminal accusers and found not guilty. The damage will be done, and civil court will F him OJ style.

Even Ho's need to consent. Hard to to convince 12 people 22 people are all lying.

His a cheap "John" too. Not one woman ever said he wanted to pay for extra. Pays regular price or under pays if does not gets his way.

"We welcome this long overdue development"

FOOLISH!!!!!! Like BJ are so rare in massage parlors. It happens! So all these women has to prove is that they did not consent (AT THAT TIME). There are 22 of em! :D

"I did not consent"
"I did not consent"
"I did not consent"
"I did not consent"
"I did not consent"

Risk your client going to damn JAIL!? What......................?

Here is the thing you go this far if you are innocent. DW4 actions are far from innocent. IF it goes criminal they will search those cellphone, cameras and computers............ then DW4 becomes a suspected perv to a true perv then its over

Last edited:
If he’s on the exempt list Texans have to carry him on the 2021 books as if he is playing.

Any relief the Texans might realize will be after the fact. That’s the price you pay for funding sexual terrorist.

No Texans can cut him and void his new contract. Keep in mind Watson is still technically on his rookie deal still so other than the signing bonus no money has been paid of the new contract. Hence why I said they would have to pay him the 10 million.

I’m sure that’s where Buzbee would like you to go. But really, what does it matter.

In & of itself it is peculiar behavior. But so what. Doesn’t mean he’s guilty of sexual misconduct, much less rape.

This is a guy who gave his first game day check to the cafeteria workers. People do funny things. Doesn’t mean they’re criminals.

No it doesn’t mean he’s guilty but it does raise the question of why so many.

As far as giving his check away.....well.

How many professional athletes do you believe routinely call ahead of their appointments and specifically tell their trainer, massage therapist, aesthetician, chiropracter or muscle rehab person how to dress for their "session"??

Just because he did something nice doesn't mean he's innocent either. He may well be guilty.

No Texans can cut him and void his new contract. Keep in mind Watson is still technically on his rookie deal still so other than the signing bonus no money has been paid of the new contract. Hence why I said they would have to pay him the 10 million.

Voiding the extension immediately comes with the understanding that you get little to no compensation for Watson (should the opportunity present itself).

I think the more prudent approach is to do nothing & let the whole thing play out in court. If he is convicted , the contract will be void and costs you nothing (more) , if he's acquitted , you maintain your control over his services allowing you to trade him.

One thing I did find is that players on the CEL do not accrue a season ..... now what I couldn't find is if that means their contract did or did not toll which might change how you approach this if it doesn't toll and he remained on the 5th year indefinitely.

I had no idea that Buzbee was representing these victims probono.....color me amazed.

The moment money became the ultimate priority for helping these victimized women move forward with their lives was the moment I brought the entire mess into question. There's no one seeking justice as in jail time, the forfeiture of his contract, and him going into financial hail.....resulting in personal bankruptcy being filed while spending the next few years in jail. There may be no settlement left and he could be spending his most financially productive years behind bars. Would Buzbee and the victims see this as justice served?

You would have to ask them.

I have no idea what they're thinking.

Last edited:
Its public record who filed the criminal complaint , you cannot make that type of claim anonymously. He knows who the accuser is.
And they seem excited about that. But they seem really focused on understanding who the other women are in the civil claims.

Voiding the extension immediately comes with the understanding that you get little to no compensation for Watson (should the opportunity present itself).

I think the more prudent approach is to do nothing & let the whole thing play out in court. If he is convicted , the contract will be void and costs you nothing (more) , if he's acquitted , you maintain your control over his services allowing you to trade him.

One thing I did find is that players on the CEL do not accrue a season ..... now what I couldn't find is if that means their contract did or did not toll which might change how you approach this if it doesn't toll and he remained on the 5th year indefinitely.

I agree I’m just pointing out that Texans do have a route they can go if it’s looks like this could take a long time to be settled, he is put on and stays on the list a long time and they want to go ahead and get the cap space back. Not saying it’s the route they should go just that it’s there as plan C, D or E.

And they seem excited about that. But they seem really focused on understanding who the other women are in the civil claims.
From Hardin and Watson's standpoint, they have 20 plus negative encounters for the QB to keep straight and not mix up the facts with the 20 or so positive encounters. If you are seeing 40 plus massage therapist in a year those would have to blend together. The women have a reason to have a detailed memory of the encounter.

You don't think Watson knows who they are when he's said that "it was consensual" .... he forgot who honked on bobo ?

How did he pay them ? Credit card ? Venmo or some other cash app ? .... He'd have record of that.

Did he retain the messages on Instagram , if not , I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of those are still available from the app provider to his council , at the very least the most recent handful since they have been within the past month.

There's an out for the contract.

Hell , they can void all the guaranteed money if he doesn't show up to camp on time.
As I understand it, Watson will not be permitted to attend any Texans-related activities or appear at the Texans training center during training camp (or the regular season) until he is removed from the list. So, he will not meet his appearance obligation for training camp appearance.

I've also been unable to discover if the contract tolls in this situation. I imagine the Texans must know the answer to this, or at least be urgently attempting to find out. Seems the entire strategy of what to do needs to be based on this detail, yet I read barely a word about it anywhere.

You don't think Watson knows who they are when he's said that "it was consensual" .... he forgot who honked on bobo ?

How did he pay them ? Credit card ? Venmo or some other cash app ? .... He'd have record of that.

Did he retain the messages on Instagram , if not , I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of those are still available from the app provider to his council , at the very least the most recent handful since they have been within the past month.
Instagram formally states that they maintain messages on their servers ~90 days. Users can delete messages ON BOTH SIDES. But there are tools available to Instagram and law enforcement that can retrieve "permanently" deleted messages older than that. Like other "carriers" with cell phone and twitter-like services, they usually do not publicize this ability.

From the CBA:

Section 5. Commissioner Exempt: Players who are placed by the Commissioner on the Exempt list prior to the determination of discipline and any appeal therefrom under the Personal Conduct Policy will be paid while on the Commissioner Exempt list and credited for the regular and post-season games missed against any suspension ultimately imposed. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, if such a suspension is ultimately imposed, the player must promptly return and shall have no further right to any salary for the games for which he was paid while on the Commissioner Exempt list that were credited to the suspension (i.e., for a number of games no greater than the length of the suspension).

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

He's not doing it pro-bono per say but he does only get paid if his clients get paid. People around here have some funny ideas about justice and how the legal system works. People of Watson's fame and money very rarely face the full consequences of their actions and if someone hasn't realized that yet then they haven't been paying attention for the last 50 years. The burden of proof is such that many times the only "justice" people get is from the civil courts. Here is my question why are people on here so against the idea that these women might get a settlement for this? If you were in a car wreck that totaled your car, caused you life changing injuries and who knows what mental stress would you be satisficed if they said "Well you're not going to get any money out of this but the driver will never be able to drive again."

Watson is not going to jail for this unless there is a smoking gun that a DA can't ignore. Frankly with it being the DA being an elected position I would question if they would even be willing to bring it to a grand jury. Fact is there are numerous times where police or someone else brought all the evidence a DA could possibly want and the DA still refused to prosecute for one reason or another. So lets get off our high horses about justice and see the real world for what it is.
You seem to be knowledgeable about our legal system ? Are you a lawyer, and if you are not of course that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't know what you speak about, i.e., plenty of non lawyers are well versed on our legal system.
Some folks seem to want to label DW4 some kind of sexual monster, ala Harvey Weinstein, but on the other hand he seems to be basically accused of sexual assault which can be many different things including something as innocuous as an unwanted pat on the fanny. So I really dunno what to think about what really did or didn't happen here ?
As a Texans fan I just want the damn thing resolved and for the Texans to salvage as many valuable Draft picks as possible when they finally part ways with Watson.
And I also want what's fair and equitable for Watson and his alleged victims.

Instagram formally states that they maintain messages on their servers ~90 days. Users can delete messages ON BOTH SIDES. But there are tools available to Instagram and law enforcement that can retrieve "permanently" deleted messages older than that. Like other "carriers" with cell phone and twitter-like services, they usually do not publicize this ability.

Offsite backups can sometimes be "forever", and are often obligated for legal reasons.

You seem to be knowledgeable about our legal system ? Are you a lawyer, and if you are not of course that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't know what you speak about, i.e., plenty of non lawyers are well versed on our legal system.
Some folks seem to want to label DW4 some kind of sexual monster, ala Harvey Weinstein, but on the other hand he seems to be basically accused of sexual assault which can be many different things including something as innocuous as an unwanted pat on the fanny. So I really dunno what to think about what really did or didn't happen here ?
As a Texans fan I just want the damn thing resolved and for the Texans to salvage as many valuable Draft picks as possible when they finally part ways with Watson.
And I also want what's fair and equitable for Watson and his alleged victims.

No I’m not a lawyer just in the field I’ve worked in having a working knowledge of how the legal system, both criminal and civil, is pretty much a requirement. Plus I’ve had some family members that due to their issues I got a crash course in how these things work. All I’ll say about that is don’t date a 16 year old who’s parents hate you if you are over 18.

As far as sexual assault you’re right in that it can be almost anything but I’m assuming that you haven’t read the filings because they go way beyond just a bit of touching. Likewise the law doesn’t really have a lesser of evils type rule when it comes to sexual assault except for the age of those involved.

Something people need to also remember is that the opinions and thoughts of, for example, this board mean nothing unless one of us is picked for a jury. Beyond that everyone on this board could declare that Watson is guilty as sin and should be dragged through the streets and it won’t matter one way or another. It’s why I don’t understand why some keep hammering the “guilty until proven innocent” point. That’s only is relevant to those involved in the case directly and not casual observers.

As agree from a pure football point of view I wish we could have traded him away and maybe be in the hunt for one of the new QBs coming out of the draft but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back