Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

What if he’s charged and get 4 years of probation.

He probably will be suspended for the 2021 season.

I wonder if a team might trade for him knowing he most likely wont be playing in the 2021 season, so they can get him at a discount of say two 1sts or a 1st and two 2nd's? Would you take that and wash yourself clean of the stench that's DW4 if you're the Texans org/Cal/Caserio.

I wonder if a team might trade for him knowing he most likely wont be playing in the 2021 season, so they can get him at a discount of say two 1sts or a 1st and two 2nd's? Would you take that and wash yourself clean of the stench that's DW4 if you're the Texans org/Cal/Caserio.

The Texans should (and likely will) wait for the NFL to make a decision based on their investigation. After which it is highly probable his value will be half what it was before all this crap hit the fan. They should have traded him when the gettin' was good. You can't tell me they didn't know something was going on.

I’m sure they knew he was in some kind of trouble. I can’t imagine they would have known the extent. From their POV they were standing by their man.

“Loyalty means everything”

Yet DW4 accused the Texans org of not being loyal.

Cant blame them for not being loyal to this POS after giving him 156 mil.

No Texans can cut him and void his new contract. Keep in mind Watson is still technically on his rookie deal still so other than the signing bonus no money has been paid of the new contract. Hence why I said they would have to pay him the 10 million.

Remind me what the 10 million dollars was?

The Texans should (and likely will) wait for the NFL to make a decision based on their investigation. After which it is highly probable his value will be half what it was before all this crap hit the fan. They should have traded him when the gettin' was good. You can't tell me they didn't know something was going on.

First we assume Texans had offers that were even worth considering. There were a lot of reports about teams interested and what his value would be but nothing really about what they were actually offering.

Second yeah I’m sure they knew something was going on but I doubt they thought it was anything on this level. Remember the NFL is very forgiving of its star players so I’m guessing worst case they figure it would come out that Watson was hiring hookers or something, NFL would give a token punishment of a couple of games which isn’t worth losing a franchise QB for peanuts.

You know.....as much as folks may think I support Watson at all cost, I also floated the idea of trading Watson before his rookie contract was up so they could be in a position to Justin Herbert who I really liked coming out of that draft.

What I'm really pithed about.....Watson became an absolute idiot when he thought he could do whatever he was doing, while making the money he was making, and thinking something like that wasn't going to eventually come back and bite him in the arse. I'm still going to wait until a final verdict or decision is given but solutions (ideas) A, B, and C are just awaiting that information.

Funny thing, I wanted to trade Hopkins before his rookie contract was completed b/c his return at that point would be far better for the Texans since they were in no position to surround him with a winning organization.

I'm ready for this mess to be done so football is the top subject once again.

No I’m not a lawyer just in the field I’ve worked in having a working knowledge of how the legal system, both criminal and civil, is pretty much a requirement. Plus I’ve had some family members that due to their issues I got a crash course in how these things work. All I’ll say about that is don’t date a 16 year old who’s parents hate you if you are over 18.

As far as sexual assault you’re right in that it can be almost anything but I’m assuming that you haven’t read the filings because they go way beyond just a bit of touching. Likewise the law doesn’t really have a lesser of evils type rule when it comes to sexual assault except for the age of those involved.

Something people need to also remember is that the opinions and thoughts of, for example, this board mean nothing unless one of us is picked for a jury. Beyond that everyone on this board could declare that Watson is guilty as sin and should be dragged through the streets and it won’t matter one way or another. It’s why I don’t understand why some keep hammering the “guilty until proven innocent” point. That’s only is relevant to those involved in the case directly and not casual observers.

As agree from a pure football point of view I wish we could have traded him away and maybe be in the hunt for one of the new QBs coming out of the draft but it is what it is.
Right on !

Yet DW4 accused the Texans org of not being loyal.

Cant blame them for not being loyal to this POS after giving him 156 mil.
Hey, gets expensive flying women in and out of Houston all the time.

Of course, it could be a misunderstanding. His "loyalty" passive aggressive bull could have been about Southwest or one of the other airlines.... they wouldnt honor his miles.

First we assume Texans had offers that were even worth considering. There were a lot of reports about teams interested and what his value would be but nothing really about what they were actually offering.

Second yeah I’m sure they knew something was going on but I doubt they thought it was anything on this level. Remember the NFL is very forgiving of its star players so I’m guessing worst case they figure it would come out that Watson was hiring hookers or something, NFL would give a token punishment of a couple of games which isn’t worth losing a franchise QB for peanuts.

Heck yeah they knew something. Putting the puzzle together pretty much shows a strong case of that. Starting with his comment about some things never change. I believe they reached out to him and he got ticked off. ( some things never change meaning the Texans were all up in Hopkins business). The media put its usual uninformed spin on it and the fans ran wild with it.
Then the loyalty crap was tossed out there by Watson. Because now he thinks he had the Texans by the the balls. Had the media and some fans thinking the Texans wronged him. When in actuality they were probably trying to help him. A conversation with his mother just added fuel to the fire. That’s why dude won’t answer or return their calls.

I doubt it would even take that much. I bet HOU would listen to a 1st and a 2nd in this draft.

You know.....as much as folks may think I support Watson at all cost, I also floated the idea of trading Watson before his rookie contract was up so they could be in a position to Justin Herbert who I really liked coming out of that draft.

What I'm really pithed about.....Watson became an absolute idiot when he thought he could do whatever he was doing, while making the money he was making, and thinking something like that wasn't going to eventually come back and bite him in the arse. I'm still going to wait until a final verdict or decision is given but solutions (ideas) A, B, and C are just awaiting that information.

Funny thing, I wanted to trade Hopkins before his rookie contract was completed b/c his return at that point would be far better for the Texans since they were in no position to surround him with a winning organization.

I'm ready for this mess to be done so football is the top subject once again.

Lol you would’ve traded Brady if he were a Texan.
Money and power can be a bad thing for certain irresponsible people. Watson as we can see is one of those type of people.

Heck yeah they knew something. Putting the puzzle together pretty much shows a strong case of that. Starting with his comment about some things never change. I believe they reached out to him and he got ticked off. ( some things never change meaning the Texans were all up in Hopkins business). The media put its usual uninformed spin on it and the fans ran wild with it.
Then the loyalty crap was tossed out there by Watson. Because now he thinks he had the Texans by the the balls. Had the media and some fans thinking the Texans wronged him. When in actuality they were probably trying to help him. A conversation with his mother just added fuel to the fire. That’s why dude won’t answer or return their calls.

Oh I agree they knew SOMETHING was up just I don’t think they expected it to be 20+ women that may file sexual assault. Even if they knew he was scrolling through Instagram they probably figured he was looking for hookers like many seem to think all massage therapists on there are.

Honestly it’s almost like it was the law of averages that caught up to Watson. You go after that many women you are bound to find some that have no interest in you and will file if you push it.

serial crimes are serial usually because nobody knows what exactly was going on or they wouldn’t become, you know, serial.

It appears things to be in the process of heating up now as far as Watson and the NFL are concerned. If he ends up on that damn commissioners list the Texans apparently have to pay him for the year while he sits on his ass. At least that's my understanding of it. That would suck for the Texans.

It appears things to be in the process of heating up now as far as Watson and the NFL are concerned. If he ends up on that damn commissioners list the Texans apparently have to pay him for the year while he sits on his ass. At least that's my understanding of it. That would suck for the Texans.
That would definitely suck. Watson, if guilty of even one of those sexual assault charges, doesn’t deserve a penny! It’s crazy that the NFL would force a team to reward a player with that type of money after committing such offenses. Jail time is the only thing he’d deserve!

That would definitely suck. Watson, if guilty of even one of those sexual assault charges, doesn’t deserve a penny! It’s crazy that the NFL would force a team to reward a player with that type of money after committing such offenses. Jail time is the only thing he’d deserve!

Depends on what happens with the charges, if he gets any jail time and actual suspensions or seasonal bans of some sort, there is relief for the Texans as far as the money they would have to pay him. Someone with more knowledge than me would have to speak to that point.

All I’ll say about that is don’t date a 16 year old who’s parents hate you if you are over 18.

I was involved in a case where a girl 13 and a boy 16 dated until the boy turned 18. When the boy turned 18 the girl's mom filed statutory rape charges against the boy who had been dating her daughter for over 2 years. The grand jury didn't think this was fair and no billed the young man. The grand jury has great latitude, they can rule on the spirit of the law as opposed to the letter of the law.

It would suck for justice in general. Why in the world would Goodell do this for Watson at this point? If Watson thinks he's going to lose this money as the results of these cases, how much do think would be left when it's time to pay up.

yep. That part of a “ contract” DW no doubt believes should be honored. But a “contract” that he didn’t want to honor he was ready to challenge the integrity of the NFL to void.

Is the commissioner's list and suspension one and the same? I thought I read somewhere that he could be suspended and not get paid. He goes on the exempt list and he does get paid.

I’m sure they knew he was in some kind of trouble. I can’t imagine they would have known the extent. From their POV they were standing by their man.

“Loyalty means everything”
I do not think it had anything to do with standing by their man, all the while knowing he would be involved in a scandal or be in some kind of trouble. They were holding out to get the best possible return on a trade. They figured that they could drive up the price for Deshaun and they had plenty of time, hoping in the meantime Deshaun would have a change of heart. Either way I am sure they felt they were in a no lose situation. The team is a long way from being one of the best teams in the league, and even though Deshaun is seen as a Franchise Qb he still would not move the needle too much on winning games. If he had patience and was willing to go through some more growing pains that would be gravy but if not, the draft picks he would have gotten would have been peachy. Either way the team will most likely struggle for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Is the commissioner's list and suspension one and the same? I thought I read somewhere that he could be suspended and not get paid. He goes on the exempt list and he does get paid.

Don't forget the Covid list. I have been hearing that it is going to be in effect for 2021-2022 season. So, Watson could use Covid twice. Once for the Instagram "therapy" and again so he can get paid.

I'm fairly certain that they can't trade him right now. That he has to be punished or cleared before he can be moved.

Oh the $10.540 cash pay out. I guess no one knows if his signing bonus has all been delivered to his checking account? I know some player's are paid out at different times but I guess his could have been paid all at once?
According to Spotrac, his signing bonus is payable in 4 installments of $5.4M each year in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024.

I was involved in a case where a girl 13 and a boy 16 dated until the boy turned 18. When the boy turned 18 the girl's mom filed statutory rape charges against the boy who had been dating her daughter for over 2 years. The grand jury didn't think this was fair and no billed the young man. The grand jury has great latitude, they can rule on the spirit of the law as opposed to the letter of the law.

There is also the Romeo and Juliet law depending on what they did and when. Laws concerning sexual assault, rape and other such crimes are very complicated which is part of the reason I think Hardin is playing the waiting game.

No they are not the same, suspension just means the player can’t play in a game but they still count on the roster and can still practice. The exempt list basically means you’re dead to the NFL, no roster spot, no practice, no games, no official appearances nothing except still getting your full salary. So yeah whoever came up with the rules for the exempt list either worked for the players union or was just an idiot.

I'm totally convinced they could have got three firsts plus before this whole sordid mess with Watson and his masseurs became public knowledge.
When you consider teams were trading two firsts for OTs, safeties, & LBs it's clearly a no brainer to expect to get 3 firsts plus for a 25 year old franchise QB.

I'm totally convinced they could have got three firsts plus before this whole sordid mess with Watson and his masseurs became public knowledge.
When you consider teams were trading two firsts for OTs, safeties, & LBs it's clearly a no brainer to expect to get 3 firsts plus for a 25 year old franchise QB.

I think even more than that which indicates to me they were not aware of all this crap or they would have moved him for sure.

I think even more than that which indicates to me they were not aware of all this crap or they would have moved him for sure.
Aren't we now having some folks say that the strange, really screwy trade between the Texans & the Cards last year involving D-Hop was a precursor of
the current Watson problems that have come to light ?

Finalizing trades by the NFL would not have happened until March 17, the first day of the 2021 season. When all this broke, it is unlikely that the trade would have officially gone through. The timing of the release of information regarding the first lawsuit on March 17 was no coincidence.

Last edited:
Finalizing trades by the NFL would not have happened until March 17, the first day of the 2021 season. When all this broke, it is unlikely that the trade would have officially gone through. The timing of the release of information regarding the first lawsuit on March 17 was no coincidence.
In addition to the trade being negated, if it is shown the Texans knew something about the pending legal troubles, the NFL may have docked us future draft picks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

No they are not the same, suspension just means the player can’t play in a game but they still count on the roster and can still practice. The exempt list basically means you’re dead to the NFL, no roster spot, no practice, no games, no official appearances nothing except still getting your full salary. So yeah whoever came up with the rules for the exempt list either worked for the players union or was just an idiot.

I saw this morning from Florio

For Watson, the question becomes whether he believes he’ll land on the Commissioner Exempt list. If so, he can show up and then be placed on paid leave and receive his full salary for as long as the league keeps him in that status. If he doesn’t show up, he gets nothing — and he risks forfeitures and fines that will exceed the $10 million he’s due to earn in 2021 salary.

Following the submission of the criminal complaint, the NFL..............:cricket::cricket::cricket:

I think they are playing it safe to say nothing. Better to say nothing and be criticized for that than being criticized for being racist, condoning rape culture, or anything else. The NFL has already taken a lot of criticism during the BLM marches and the #metoo crowd for sexism regarding NFL cheerleaders. Add the cancel culture and they are going to be on the wrong side of anything they say prior to a jury verdict or settlement.

I think they are playing it safe to say nothing. Better to say nothing and be criticized for that than being criticized for being racist, condoning rape culture, or anything else. The NFL has already taken a lot of criticism during the BLM marches and the #metoo crowd for sexism regarding NFL cheerleaders. Add the cancel culture and they are going to be on the wrong side of anything they say prior to a jury verdict or settlement.
I agree with all what you are saying except the last part. The NFL cannot wait weeks or months before responding without being criticized for the same reasons you mentioned.

Speaking of this,

Where are all of the metooer's?

Haven't heard a word from them, wonder why?

Back