Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Houston Texans named co-defendant on remaining lawsuit against Browns QB Deshaun Watson
By Alec Sapolin

Published: Jun. 26, 2023 at 8:33 AM CDT|Updated: 8 hours ago

HARRIS COUNTY, Tx. (WOIO) - The Houston Texans organization have been named as an additional defendant in the remaining civil lawsuit against Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson.

The addition to the 25th sexual misconduct lawsuit against Watson was made on June 22, according to court records obtained Monday morning.

The 25th lawsuit, filed against Watson on Oct. 13, 2022 by Anissah M. Nguyen and the Universal Law Group on behalf of “Jane Doe”.

The lawsuit alleges Watson attempted to solicit sexually-related acts, including intercourse with the plaintiff during a massage session in December 2020.

The new filings accuse the Texans organization of vicarious liability, negligence/gross negligence and civil conspiracy.
Watson served an 11-game suspension last year and paid a $5 million fine after being found in violation of the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

Two grand juries previously declined to indict Watson on any criminal charges following the lawsuits.

According to a previous report from Jenny Vrentas of the New York Times, the QB met with ‘at least’ 66 different women between the span of 2019 and 2021, including the 24 women who filed lawsuits against him. Watson has since a majority of those lawsuits.

19 News has reached out to the Houston Texans organization and the attorneys for both sides for comment.

Houston Texans named co-defendant on remaining lawsuit against Browns QB Deshaun Watson
By Alec Sapolin

Published: Jun. 26, 2023 at 8:33 AM CDT|Updated: 8 hours ago

HARRIS COUNTY, Tx. (WOIO) - The Houston Texans organization have been named as an additional defendant in the remaining civil lawsuit against Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson.

The addition to the 25th sexual misconduct lawsuit against Watson was made on June 22, according to court records obtained Monday morning.

The 25th lawsuit, filed against Watson on Oct. 13, 2022 by Anissah M. Nguyen and the Universal Law Group on behalf of “Jane Doe”.

The lawsuit alleges Watson attempted to solicit sexually-related acts, including intercourse with the plaintiff during a massage session in December 2020.

The new filings accuse the Texans organization of vicarious liability, negligence/gross negligence and civil conspiracy.
Watson served an 11-game suspension last year and paid a $5 million fine after being found in violation of the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

Two grand juries previously declined to indict Watson on any criminal charges following the lawsuits.

According to a previous report from Jenny Vrentas of the New York Times, the QB met with ‘at least’ 66 different women between the span of 2019 and 2021, including the 24 women who filed lawsuits against him. Watson has since a majority of those lawsuits.

19 News has reached out to the Houston Texans organization and the attorneys for both sides for comment.
Derapist is the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks for not having the balls to move up to get Patrick Mahomes and settling for that dumb sexual predator that set us back 5+ years, Rick Smith.

I hope CJ is as advertised or we are looking at another 5+ years of losing or being just good enough to make it to a wild card game just to get thoroughly embarrassed in the divisional round as always.

Derapist is the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks for not having the balls to move up to get Patrick Mahomes and settling for that dumb sexual predator that set us back 5+ years, Rick Smith.
Are you really blaming Rick Smith for DW4 becoming a pervert? It was after contact with Harden and Hopkins that he changed his behavior patterns

I hope CJ is as advertised or we are looking at another 5+ years of losing or being just good enough to make it to a wild card game just to get thoroughly embarrassed in the divisional round as always.
It's Cal McNair, what do you think? Cal is financially rich and football poor. Hope is a poor man's bread. If there is one thing we do know about Cal his decisions, he excels in something less than average and ordinary.

I can not believe no one posting about Texans being added to a lawsuit by woman against Deshaun Watson.

Many I think feel like it was Easterby and a couple trainers who are no longer with the team who knew and helped Watson set the meetings up. I very much think that Watson will try to throw multiple people under the bus. However, I think the Texans will be able to show that people who knew have been fired from the team. With luck, they are not going to have any real problems. FINGERS CROSSED

Many I think feel like it was Easterby and a couple trainers who are no longer with the team who knew and helped Watson set the meetings up. I very much think that Watson will try to throw multiple people under the bus. However, I think the Texans will be able to show that people who knew have been fired from the team. With luck, they are not going to have any real problems. FINGERS CROSSED
If it's true that Texans personnel (previously or currently in the organization) helped Watson set these massages up, the Texans organization would still be liable. The Texans did settle with the previous suit, with Buzbee as the lawyer. I'm sure they will settle with this suit.

It's Cal McNair, what do you think? Cal is financially rich and football poor. Hope is a poor man's bread. If there is one thing we do know about Cal his decisions, he excels in something less than average and ordinary.
It's actually Janice and Hannah who wear the pants in that family.

If it's true that Texans personnel (previously or currently in the organization) helped Watson set these massages up, the Texans organization would still be liable. The Texans did settle with the previous suit, with Buzbee as the lawyer. I'm sure they will settle with this suit.
I hope this costs the McNair's another 30 mil or so.

Blaming other people for this POS actions isn't right.

I agree with you. Plus, I think it was said that the team spoke and released anyone's with knowledge of the situation. So, if that is true...how can you charge the Texans in anyway? When the situation was released, if the Texans interviewed the persons who Watson surely listed as "in the know or having knowledge" and released them. That would indicate that the team was made aware of the issue and that they got rid of the connections to it. Meaning, if you want to go after anyone it should be the previously released staff. Not anyone currently with the team

If they're making alpha decisions, then GOOD.

Because Cal and Bill and Jack absolutely sucked at it, and they wear pants and have balls and everything. :heh:
The Texans were put in this situation because their QB was a pervert. I was on board with the rebuild before Derrick was traded as long as Caserio was getting to make the final calls on personnel. This didn't happen and there will be a price to be paid. Nothing in the Texans org has changed.

side note:
I read somewhere recently that Buzbee representing complaintants against Marathon in Texas City.

Face of a franchise and a league.

What a joke it's all become.

It's hard to take the NFL's "dedication to social issues" with anything but a grain of salt when they celebrate this perv.

Just more degeneracy from the American entertainment industrial complex.

Dedication to social issues my ass. Dedication to dollars is their thing. If they cared even a whit about their own players there wouldn't be a 17 game season or Thursday night games.

The NFL’s personal conduct policy now includes sexual assault “involving threats or coercion,” and allows for more serious penalties to be handed down by inves...

The NFL’s personal conduct policy now includes sexual assault “involving threats or coercion,” and allows for more serious penalties to be handed down by inves...

A day late and a dollar short.

A pervert is now the face your league.

Didn’t think it needed to be defined…

Well, isn’t that too bad about Deshaun Watson. And by too bad, I mean a giant dose of much-deserved karma for both Watson and the Cleveland Browns.

Before you come after me for reveling in someone else’s misfortune, let’s remember that Watson is an unrepentant sexual predator, having settled lawsuits with more than 20 women who detailed unwanted touching and/or sexual harassment by the quarterback. Despite this, the Browns gave him a $230 million contract that was fully guaranteed, the most guaranteed money ever for an NFL player, and then defended the move by saying what Watson had done wasn’t that bad and the women weren’t worthy of sympathy, anyway.

So spare me any outrage at not feeling bad for Watson or the Browns following Wednesday’s news that the quarterback will miss the rest of the season with a fracture in his throwing shoulder. His career isn’t over and he’ll still get paid, and the Browns will lose like they always do — though at least this time they’ll have an excuse.

The women Watson harassed and abused, however, had their lives combed through and their motives and characters questioned. The pain of that will be with them forever, as will the anger and frustration that Watson was able to go merrily on his way without any real repercussions.

And no, an 11-game suspension doesn’t count when you’re still getting your fat paychecks and no one requires you to make amends for your abysmal behavior.

“We’re devastated, we’re disappointed for Deshaun,” Browns general manager Andrew Berry said Wednesday.

Actually, some of us have been waiting two-plus years for the universe to exact its payback on Watson and the Browns.

Watson’s misdeeds weren’t minor, regardless of Browns owner Jimmy Haslam’s attempts to portray them that way. He wasn’t caught speeding. He didn’t break team curfew. He didn’t get into a fight at a bar. He sexually violated women. Dozens of them.

According to the complaints against him, Watson exposed himself during massages and touched therapists with his genitals. He threatened at least one of the women, suggesting he could ruin her career if she told anyone.

While it’s true two grand juries declined to indict Watson — do some research on the difficulty in bringing charges in sexual-abuse cases before you think that clears him — a police detective said in a deposition in one of the civil cases that she believed his behavior was criminal. The NFL’s independent disciplinary officer, a former U.S. district judge, determined Watson had a “sexual purpose” for the appointments.

“Watson reached out to women whose professional qualifications were unknown and unimportant to him,” Judge Sue L. Robinson wrote in her August 2022 decision that Watson had violated the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.

“He insisted on using a towel, increasing the probability of exposure. He insisted on having the therapists focus on areas of his body that not uncommonly triggered erections. And he engaged in this pattern of conduct multiple times,” Robinson wrote.

“I find this sufficient circumstantial evidence to support the NFL’s contention not only that contact occurred, but that Mr. Watson was aware that contact probably would occur, and that Mr. Watson had a sexual purpose — not just a therapeutic purpose — in making these arrangements with these particular therapists.”

Had Watson not been Watson, an elite NFL quarterback capable of leading a team to the playoffs, a damning finding like that probably would have cost him his job. Maybe even his freedom. Certainly his reputation.

Instead, the Browns rewarded him with a historic contract and, after an NFL-imposed timeout that didn’t even last three-quarters of a season, he returned as if nothing had happened.

“I’ve always been able to stand on my innocence and always said I never assaulted or disrespected anyone,” Watson said, defiantly, in August 2022. “But at the same point I have to continue to push forward with my life and career.”

Watson is not the first athlete to do wrong. Michael Vick spent 21 months in federal prison for his involvement in a dog-fighting ring. Ray Rice lost his career after punching his then-fiancée out in an elevator.

The difference is Vick and Rice recognized what they had done was wrong. They apologized and have spent the time since trying to make up for it. Watson has learned nothing. He hasn’t tried to make amends because he doesn’t see a need to. These women were disposable to him. Their only value was to give him pleasure and sexual gratification, and he did not care that he did not have their consent and was doing them harm.

And Watson thought he got away with it. Until his season ended because of an injury suffered during his best game in a Browns uniform.

Karma, as the old saying goes, remains undefeated, and Watson earned every bit that he got.

2 fingers up in there or 3.

Doc, why is this still a thing? It's like Texans fans can't enjoy the success the team is having now because of the past. You're a smart and intelligent human being, let this go so this thread will die. Texans got the 1st rd pick and got their squad. Let's move on please

Doc, why is this still a thing? It's like Texans fans can't enjoy the success the team is having now because of the past. You're a smart and intelligent human being, let this go so this thread will die. Texans got the 1st rd pick and got their squad. Let's move on please

Your a guy who wants to forget that a sexual predator got away with his crimes?

I hope this is continually brought up for yrs and also if he has misfortune it's also brought up

Let's not sweep this under the rug. If this thread bothers you then don't visit this thread.

With all respect, this goes well beyond football alone. It goes to the lack of "integrity" of the NFL. There is the simple option afforded to everyone of avoiding entering this thread.

Sexual assault is always a thing no matter if the perpetrator is someone that is admired. His cases are still pending, you have a choice whether to view the thread or not.

With all respect, this goes well beyond football alone. It goes to the lack of "integrity" of the NFL. There is the simple option afforded to everyone of avoiding entering this thread.
You know there is no integrity in the nfl, this isn't new news. It's about your talent. If you're talented in your sport or profession, people will deal with you no matter how much of a scumbag you are. That's not just sports, that's all profession. Just like you, my uncle was a doctor before he retired and there was a anesthesiologist and he was the worse person on the earth. Great doctor, not so human. I'm not the judge, jury, executioner, that's reserved to a higher power and karma.

Sexual assault is always a thing no matter if the perpetrator is someone that is admired. His cases are still pending, you have a choice whether to view the thread or not.
Yall know nothing is going to happen. If it hasn't happened, it probably won't especially since all the accusers have taken money and nda.

Yall know nothing is going to happen. If it hasn't happened, it probably won't especially since all the accusers have taken money and nda.
Except all the accusers haven’t taken money or an NDA, hence why you still have two pending. The most recent one has the NFL involved. It bears watching. Will she take a settlement? Who knows. As of right now a trial date is set for October 2024 in that case. However it goes, it might be Watson’s most expensive case yet.

Back