Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Mr.Scarface

Waterboy
Just settle the suits. The police investigation would go away (I'm sure the wink wink would be there with the accusers) and you can be traded. You take the PR hit now...but could recover later. Teams don't care unless there is a criminal investigation.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Just settle the suits. The police investigation would go away (I'm sure the wink wink would be there with the accusers) and you can be traded. You take the PR hit now...but could recover later. Teams don't care unless there is a criminal investigation.
To my understanding, that's not how it works in Texas. With sexual assault cases, because there is so often harrassment involved, the police continue their investigation even if the accuser changes their mind. Never mind the fact that the FBI is involved and that this isn't just a local case that can be easily swept under the rug.

djohn2oo8

Veteran
Makes you wonder how tone deaf and in denial is his inner circle.

On one hand, you have observers saying they are living their lives, feels he did nothing wrong and have the right to post whatever pictures they want.

On the other hand, they have to realize the nature of the allegations, public perception and all the drama that will come with his every move. I'm sure she has hundreds of photos to share and that is what she posts? Talk about tone deaf and not reading the room. When you're in a hole, stop digging. SMDH.
Innocent or guilty anyone else that had this many accusers would be sitting in a jail cell awaiting trial or at best out on bail and told "don't be where we can't find you fast". These two are on some beach living it up. Yeah not going get much support or sympathy from most people for that.

Nope not how it works. The DA’s office will not drop it. Unless it’s no billed by a GJ
Reality is that if all the accusers dropped the charges and suddenly became possibly hostile witnesses I don't see the DA's office continuing to go down this rabbit hole unless its an air tight case which it won't be. As far as the FBI goes maybe I missed something but I thought it was Hardin that said the FBI was investigating one of the women to see if her first contact for settlement would qualify as extortion. I know it has been mention a couple of times on here that Watson flying somebody out COULD be viewed as trafficking but that would be a very hard case to make and one that Hardin could poke holes in pretty easily.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Reality is that if all the accusers dropped the charges and suddenly became possibly hostile witnesses I don't see the DA's office continuing to go down this rabbit hole unless its an air tight case which it won't be. As far as the FBI goes maybe I missed something but I thought it was Hardin that said the FBI was investigating one of the women to see if her first contact for settlement would qualify as extortion. I know it has been mention a couple of times on here that Watson flying somebody out COULD be viewed as trafficking but that would be a very hard case to make and one that Hardin could poke holes in pretty easily.

As I said before , the FBI part of this is his use of the internet to acquire his victims.

Harden was doing media damage control when he made the extortion comments and that , again pissed off the accusers just like when he called them all liars.

djohn2oo8

Veteran
Again they cannot drop the charges. Grand jury testimony is conducted in secret so they would have no reason not to testify. Why would they become hostile if Watson has refused to pay a dime up until this point? Hardin has called them liars on multiple occasions. That’s not going to convince anyone not to testify.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Nope not how it works. The DA’s office will not drop it. Unless it’s no billed by a GJ
If you could find any examples where the DA has continued after the witnesses remove their complaint, I'd appreciate it. I can't imagine a DA wanting to go to trial having to treat his witness as hostile.

I'm sure it's happened before, but I don't believe I've ever seen or heard of it in a Sexual Assault, Abuse, or even a domestic abuse case.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
As I said before , the FBI part of this is his use of the internet to acquire his victims.

Harden was doing media damage control when he made the extortion comments and that , again pissed off the accusers just like when he called them all liars.
I thought they were involved because the soliciting crossed state lines and they have interstate jurisdiction?

djohn2oo8

Veteran
If you could find any examples where the DA has continued after the witnesses remove their complaint, I'd appreciate it. I can't imagine a DA wanting to go to trial having to treat his witness as hostile.

I'm sure it's happened before, but I don't believe I've ever seen or heard of it in a Sexual Assault, Abuse, or even a domestic abuse case.
I’ll have to look for that. In the meantime it’s an article about how difficult it is to drop a complaint once a DA’s office has accepted a charge of sexual assault

djohn2oo8

Veteran
Even if the victim falsely filed a charge or desires the state to not pursue the allegations, it is a very difficult situation once charges have accepted by the prosecuting agency

Again they cannot drop the charges. Grand jury testimony is conducted in secret so they would have no reason not to testify. Why would they become hostile if Watson has refused to pay a dime up until this point? Hardin has called them liars on multiple occasions. That’s not going to convince anyone not to testify.
Did you not read what I wrote? Stop banging the drum and listen to what I'm saying. If Watson settles and pays them off, then they can drop the civil case. Yes grand jury maybe secret but trials are not so that could be the first reason to refuse to testify. You keep talking about the Grand Jury as though thats all it would take which is really weird because you should know that grand juries don't mean anything. All they are is a dress rehearsal for a prosecutor so they don't get in a trial and get absolutely destroyed. If Watson pays them and they sign a NDA then most likely most of the women would say thats enough because I promise you they are tired of being dragged through this as well. All this would make them hostile witnesses and yes a judge can order them to testify but judges very, very rarely do that because then the testimony is in doubt and you have an impeachable witness which on a sexual assault case is pretty the death blow to the case.

Geeze man get off the soap box, stop watching Perry Mason and look at this case in terms of the real world. It absolutely boggles my mind that Watson has still refused to settle, and I'm sure it does Hardin's and Buzzbee's as well, because the odds are better than average that if he did this would go away inside a year.

djohn2oo8

Veteran
Did you not read what I wrote? Stop banging the drum and listen to what I'm saying. If Watson settles and pays them off, then they can drop the civil case. Yes grand jury maybe secret but trials are not so that could be the first reason to refuse to testify. You keep talking about the Grand Jury as though thats all it would take which is really weird because you should know that grand juries don't mean anything. All they are is a dress rehearsal for a prosecutor so they don't get in a trial and get absolutely destroyed. If Watson pays them and they sign a NDA then most likely most of the women would say thats enough because I promise you they are tired of being dragged through this as well. All this would make them hostile witnesses and yes a judge can order them to testify but judges very, very rarely do that because then the testimony is in doubt and you have an impeachable witness which on a sexual assault case is pretty the death blow to the case.

Geeze man get off the soap box, stop watching Perry Mason and look at this case in terms of the real world. It absolutely boggles my mind that Watson has still refused to settle, and I'm sure it does Hardin's and Buzzbee's as well, because the odds are better than average that if he did this would go away inside a year.
Again. You keep talking in circles. It doesn’t matter if Watson pays them off or not. You aren’t listening. You have multiple women who HAVE NOT filed lawsuits for monetary damage. The STATE OF TEXAS is the one who prosecutes a criminal case, so even if the victims wanted to drop the case THEY CANNOT once a police report is filed. If you think they can, find me the Texas statute that says they can. The prosecutor is the one who makes that call

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Innocent or guilty anyone else that had this many accusers would be sitting in a jail cell awaiting trial or at best out on bail and told "don't be where we can't find you fast". These two are on some beach living it up. Yeah not going get much support or sympathy from most people for that.
The privilege of wealth that the McNair's have him. Then he asks for a trade 6 months after he acquires generational wealth.

Yep, not gonna get much sympathy from the city of Houston.

Again. You keep talking in circles. It doesn’t matter if Watson pays them off or not. You aren’t listening. You have multiple women who HAVE NOT filed lawsuits for monetary damage. The STATE OF TEXAS is the one who prosecutes a criminal case, so even if the victims wanted to drop the case THEY CANNOT once a police report is filed. If you think they can, find me the Texas statute that says they can. The prosecutor is the one who makes that call
Good article that’s states what happens if a victim disobeys a subpoena or is afraid to testify https://brettpodolsky.com/constitutional-rights/forced-to-testify-as-a-witness
In the stated article above a victim must call in a specific category to be excused from a subpoena.

:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

I give up, you are just flat out not listening to anything anyone says. You keep beating the drum about grand juries and can't drop the charges. No one, particularly me, has ever said that the accusers can drop the charges but the DA can and if suddenly almost all his witnesses drop their civil cases and become possibly hostile witnesses he/she/they has a VERY good reason to drop those charges. Its like you think this is some lawyer movie or TV show, this is the real world and DA 9 out of 10 times don't follow through on a case unless they are sure to win. Their not after justice they are after promotions.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

That still wouldn't solve the FBI issues. If the FBI brings charges then the 3rd string QB is cooked. The FBI has a 95 percent conviction rate.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I thought they were involved because the soliciting crossed state lines and they have interstate jurisdiction?

No, that's really petty stuff "he flew in a masseuse" .. its the internet crimes that got the Feds involved. Use of the internet to procure his victims.

I posted it a couple weeks ago in this thread.

Here's a bit from the FBI website on the matter:

Internet Fraud — FBI

Internet Fraud
Internet fraud is the use of Internet services or software with Internet access to defraud victims or to otherwise take advantage of them. Internet crime schemes steal millions of dollars each year from victims and continue to plague the Internet through various methods. Several high-profile methods include the following: