Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Selection 1.1: JaDeveon Clowney DE-OLB

Thumbs up or down on JaDaveon Clowney at 1.1?

• Up

Votes: 189 88.7%
  • Down

Votes: 24 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please NO to Mallet!:mariopalm:

NE reportedly recently said no trade in works.

I hope they drafted him to trade. If not, it's the same thing as giving up without a fight. Grade D for this pick.

You guys seem to be needing the :sarcasm: smiley. I guess I need to start using it more often, regardless of how obvious I think the :sarcasm: is.

Unless y'all aren't referring to my post...in that case, carry on. :barman:

You guys seem to be needing the :sarcasm: smiley. I guess I need to start using it more often, regardless of how obvious I think the :sarcasm: is.

Unless y'all aren't referring to my post...in that case, carry on. :barman:
I'm just passing info not sure about others.

All I want now is to see Manziel picked by someone between now and our 2-1.

The other AFC South teams are done (Except for Indianapolis and they won't take him) so hopefully he takes his legend to Arizona or Cleveland or something and we can focus on getting a big, strong-armed, NFL QB.

The other AFC South teams are done (Except for Indianapolis and they won't take him) so hopefully he takes his legend to Arizona or Cleveland or something and we can focus on getting a big, strong-armed, NFL QB.

Derrick Carr? :kitten:

Don't forget the Iggles...I wouldn't be butt hurt if the Texans took JFF at 2.1. I wouldn't make that choice myself, but I wouldn't dislike it. I still can't decide on this guy. I love the potential and with the rookie wage scale, I'm cool with rolling the dice. Besides, there's always next year. ( :sarcasm:)

You ready Blake Bortles? Haha. Not mad at the pick. Clowney is the only one I wanted over Manziel at the 1. Hopefully he keeps dropping to the first pick in the second. Cant wait to see the Watt-Clowney defense.

Outside of Carr (which the Texans won't take), there are no big arms except Manzel

Unless you like AJ "Hand the Ball to First Round RBs" McCarron

wouldn't that be crazy if we moved up to the 1st and get him

I just don't think BOB likes Johnny not his type of QB IMO I don't even think we should draft a QB in the 2nd I say lets ride with Fitz or Case or Yates and lets justgo inot full blown rebuild 2015 is our year IMO not 2014

Outside of Carr (which the Texans won't take), there are no big arms except Manzel

Unless you like AJ "Hand the Ball to First Round RBs" McCarron

I'd prefer either Carr or Garoppolo but I'd run with Fitz and Case before I'd take Manziel. Just no interest in him at all.

I just don't think BOB likes Johnny not his type of QB IMO I don't even think we should draft a QB in the 2nd I say lets ride with Fitz or Case or Yates and lets justgo inot full blown rebuild 2015 is our year IMO not 2014
I'd prefer either Carr or Garoppolo but I'd run with Fitz and Case before I'd take Manziel. Just no interest in him at all.
I have thought about that. Maybe Bill OBrien sees something in Case.

You ready Blake Bortles? Haha. Not mad at the pick. Clowney is the only one I wanted over Manziel at the 1. Hopefully he keeps dropping to the first pick in the second. Cant wait to see the Watt-Clowney defense.

we need a BIG NT to complete the DLINE I don't know much about POe but I guess hes penciled in has the starter right now a Good NT would do wonders for Watt and Clowney I guess a Fat albert type one since that's what our DC likes

I'm with you Norg, but I'm a little worried like Hervy is about Manziel sitting there on our Board Friday night when the second round starts. But I neither do I think O'Brien is much of a JF fan, not his style.
But whoever was predicting that there wasn't gonna be that many QBs taken high in this Draft got it right.

Mario flashbacks anyone?
Ja gewiß. It's the 2nd time the Texans have used a 1.1 pick on a DE who lacked motivation.
It's a scant consolation to have the NFL's best pass rush if the team is a failure overall due to neglecting areas of weakness.

I'd roll the dice with Manziel, myself. I know his floor is JaMarcus Russell level, but where's his ceiling? Not to mention, it energizes a significant portion of the fan base. At 2.1, you're giving up a potential starter, but not that much $$$. I wouldn't be butt hurt with your two guys, either.

Ja gewiß. It's the 2nd time the Texans have used a 1.1 pick on a DE who lacked motivation.
It's a scant consolation to have the NFL's best pass rush if the team is a failure overall due to neglecting areas of weakness.
Pass rush was a glaring weakness last year. Whether you like the pick or not doesn't change that. Clowney wasn't my 1st choice, but I gave his selection a thumbs up and will now be pulling for him. I hope he becomes the next LT/White/Smith/Thomas.
Imagine that along side Watt. WOW comes to mind.

we need to grab the Best RB IMO in the 2nd we have no one behind Foster and hes coming off Sugery besides the Texans have always had two good backs

that or we also need help at tackle and guard since wade smith is gone

Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You got your wish. I now hope his career ends up like Quinn and Weeden.

real talk tho on paper CLE gots a Squad on paper .......... but cant do it on Sunday ...Sound fimilar Cough Texans

but I think there Cursed

so is uhhhh Teddy gonna fall to us and will we make past Names prevent us from taking prob a better QB then Teddy allaa Carr ..????

we need to grab the Best RB IMO in the 2nd we have no one behind Foster and hes coming off Surgery besides the Texans have always had two good backs

that or we also need help at tackle and guard since wade smith is gone
Hush. No the Texans don't. Much bigger holes to fill than RB with BOB as HC.

Hope Teddy B is the beast I thought he was going to be, and not the noodle-armed guy we saw at his pro day. I'd go with film, so I feel hopeful.

If I were JFF, I would say there is no way I'm playing in Cleveland

Teddy will be good we will just say hey Teddy SLAP on them gloves a go Super sayian LOL

Hush. No the Texans don't. Much bigger holes to fill than RB with BOB as HC.

im just saying maybe BOB got the green light to say HEY ur pretty much safe this first year Find your franchise QB next year in the 2015 QB class or F/A

that's what the jags did the went into week 1 with Henne and Gabbert ...what does that tell u.????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back