Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/29. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

So everyone here expected SEA not to adjust? They're the best D in the league, God some of you can be caustic and nauseating. The game came down to one play, KJax did not have to slam that guy, stupid decision that DID cost the game since it was a tie prior to giving up the 22 yards. Now you people csn move on to predicting the Slaughter in San Francisco, pathetic.

Explain to me how Seattle "adjusted" Matt Schaub into a ridiculous throw into their CB's hands please. You can't because they had nothing to do with that. Week in and week out that moron makes decisions like this and the team suffers because of it. It's not what Seattle did. It's what Matt did and what Matt is incapable of doing that has the Texans at 2-2.

Kareem Jackson screwed up. Players are gonna screw up eventually. Every players does something boneheaded now and again and sometimes it costs their team the ballgame. Matt does something stupid every week and we all see it. We've been seeing it for years. Doesn't matter though because it's always someone else that Schaub apologists blame in the end.

Houston Texans @ HoustonTexans

"It's my responisiblity to put us in a better
position in 3rd&4. I need to help him a lot
better than I'm helping him now." Kubiak
on Schaub. <------------- WTH???

Explain to me how Seattle "adjusted" Matt Schaub into a ridiculous throw into their CB's hands please. You can't because they had nothing to do with that. Week in and week out that moron makes decisions like this and the team suffers because of it. It's not what Seattle did. It's what Matt did and what Matt is incapable of doing that has the Texans at 2-2.

Kareem Jackson screwed up. Players are gonna screw up eventually. Every players does something boneheaded now and again and sometimes it costs their team the ballgame. Matt does something stupid every week and we all see it. We've been seeing it for years. Doesn't matter though because it's always someone else that Schaub apologists blame in the end.

Correct and iff it wasn't for Schaub, KJ's boneheaded play would have never existed....

IIRC this is the 3rd week in a row Schaub has thrown a pick 6...

this loss is squarely on Matt Schaub and anybody who thinks otherwise is just absolutely fooling themselves. Texans defense held Seattle to 13 points, before Schaub's dumb ass play....

JF.jpg

Not interested. I think the Texans should look at legitimate NFL prospects and not local objects of Aggie-fan nut-hugging.

Defense didn't do enough. They should have stopped them or got a pick six themselves. Yeah they did good early, but they didn't finish.

It's so hard being a QB. I think he did about as good as he could have all things considered.

I know you're not telling me it's ok to give up another 98 yard TD scoring drive?

Not interested. I think the Texans should look at legitimate NFL prospects and not local objects of Aggie-fan nut-hugging.

Funny you say that since I went to school at Maryland and have no alliances to Texas schools; aside from elementary, middle, and high school.

And on the last drive of the second half, he threw up another floater under pressure for which he was VERY lucky it wasn't another pick.

I think Schaub, if he had the stout pass-protection offensive lines that, say, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon had...he'd be far more effective. When he has time, he is indeed an accurate QB.

Schaub's lack of mobility and athleticism is not tailor-made for the Texans offense of many variables. Elway and his mobility made that type system work very, very well.

Well, given the mistakes and the loss of Cushing...the Texans did play a tough game, better than I expected against a team I thought was going to roll over them today.

2-2 isn't the great start of last year's 4-0 but it ain't the end of the world. They still have the talent. The Seahawks just made the plays that counted.

The Chargers and Titans are better teams than expected. The Ravens will probably continue to be tough at home...the Seahawks are a contender. So...

let's see what happens at SF.

This line plays fine. Look at the line that stood across the field from us today. They had the benefit of an athletic QB so every mistake they made didn't automagically turn into a fetal position Gomer Pyle moment.

Ryan Harris is a perfectly serviceable LT. Newton is not great but he's better than many. This still leaves two Pro Bowlers out there.

The line is an excuse and you would think that Texans fans would have learned to identify that after 5 years of David Carr. Instead we're making excuses all over again for Matt Schaub.

Fair enough, My point was more that the line isn't as solid as it was a few years ago; definitely not excusing Schaub.

Really? We just lost to Johnny Manziel lite today.

I'd love to see Manziel on this team. I'd also love to see Tajh Boyd and perhaps even Aaron Murray.

I'm sorry but our D should just die when Cush is out. JJ, Antonio, JoJo, Manning, Ed...hello where are y'all?!?

Hawks fan here. I am not here to rub it in. Wanted to say you have a tough team and I respect the heck out of them. Well, all except the guy who threw our receiver down. He pretty much threw the W down on the ground with him.

This is nothing like our 49ers win, who we hate, and feasted on their tears for days. Wish you guys well and who knows maybe we'll see you in New York.

Oh, and the JJ Watt hype is justified. Dude is legit. Sucks that the rest of the line doesn't get talked about too much tho. Cushing is a beast too.

No, Jackson, or whoever it was, didn't lose the game for us. This game was lost because of our QB, Matt Schaub. But on the bright side, this may finally be the nail that ends the Schaub error, uh I mean era!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure the Seahawks will do well the rest of the season and probably end up in the SB. Good luck!

Hawks fan here,

Just a crazy game. At one point I just wanted the time to expire to get a tie. I know how good Houston is, I had the Texans winning this game. I had predicted it, accepted it and had moved on. Wow..

I just wanted to compliment you for having the most realistic and no BS fans I have ever read on a board. You guys are respectful and are above the rest, including us. You deserve a winner and your team hung 20 on the Hawks and a bunch of yards. That is rare. You have a great team, hope to see you in the Super Bowl.

JJ Watt is the truth. My God.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Hawks fan here,

Just a crazy game. At one point I just wanted the time to expire to get a tie. I know how good Houston is, I had the Texans winning this game. I had predicted it, accepted it and had moved on. Wow..

I just wanted to compliment you for having the most realistic and no BS fans I have ever read on a board. You guys are respectful and are above the rest, including us. You deserve a winner and your team hung 20 on the Hawks and a bunch of yards. That is rare. You have a great team, hope to see you in the Super Bowl.

JJ Watt is the truth. My God.

Thanks. And congratulations on having a QB that knows how to make plays under pressure. The truth is, Texans fans have *never* had that.

Ravens was worse, Jets that same season was awful when we came back on them then let them get a TD in 30 seconds. JAX hail Mary game also hurt more.

No, Jackson, or whoever it was, didn't lose the game for us. This game was lost because of our QB, Matt Schaub. But on the bright side, this may finally be the nail that ends the Schaub error, uh I mean era!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure the Seahawks will do well the rest of the season and probably end up in the SB. Good luck!

The only thing that will end this dreadful Schaub Era is

1. He decides he sucks and decides to retire
2. Kubiaks wife sticks him in a retirment home
3. Bob Mcnair sells the team to LA and they take Schaub with them
4. The zombie apocalypse wipes out 98% of man kind
5. Case breaks in Schaubs house and ties him up on game day, and TJ gets caught practicing witch craft in Salem.

And then the best case scenario is that Bob forces Kubiak to bench Schaub and let case lead us to a SB.

I'm thinking scenario #4 is most likly but who knows.

No this is not the worst loss ever. Not even close. Schaub cost us the game, but this was a game most of us expected us to loose. They hung tough but the Texans at best can hang with the elite teams but don't have the mettle to win these games. And it's primarily due to Kubiak.

Edwerderespn Ed Werder
Half an hour after this loss, JJ Watt was full of fury and rage, saying was sick of it but vowing to fix issues

The only it will be fixed is if JJ takes out Schaub at the knees.

Period.

The only thing that will end this dreadful Schaub Era is

1. He decides he sucks and decides to retire
2. Kubiaks wife sticks him in a retirment home
3. Bob Mcnair sells the team to LA and they take Schaub with them
4. The zombie apocalypse wipes out 98% of man kind
5. Case breaks in Schaubs house and ties him up on game day, and TJ gets caught practicing witch craft in Salem.

And then the best case scenario is that Bob forces Kubiak to bench Schaub and let case lead us to a SB.

I'm thinking scenario #4 is most likly but who knows.

Or.....

Injury. I wonder if it'll come out that Scub was hurt which is why he made brain dead decisions and won't play in SF. One can only hope.

By the way - I really appreciated you guys clapping for Michael Bennett when he came off the field. Super classy. He's going to be ok by the way, negative MRI no spinal damage..

Not all fanbases would have done that.

By the way - I really appreciated you guys clapping for Michael Bennett when he came off the field. Super classy. He's going to be ok by the way, negative MRI no spinal damage..

thx.. that moment with his dad calling out to him almost made me cry

was very proud of our fans during that. the group around his father were very concerned and trying to be as helpful as possible. i said as much at the time "i'm glad i'm a texans fan, if this were philly they would've been heckling the dad". nobody wants to see a guy get hurt like that, we're just glad that it sounds like he'll be ok.

hey fellas! tough loss for you today but at least your QB didn't toss 5 INT's today like mine did! damn! Flacco was horrible! our O-line played like trash and no rushing attack. the Bills took us to the wood shed. lol! it happens! at this point the way my Ravens play, I don't look past no team in this league. we have the Dolphins next on the road again. ugh! who do you guys have next?

I think Schaub, if he had the stout pass-protection offensive lines that, say, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon had...he'd be far more effective. When he has time, he is indeed an accurate QB.

Schaub's lack of mobility and athleticism is not tailor-made for the Texans offense of many variables. Elway and his mobility made that type system work very, very well.

I agree but in the offense/defense "arms race" that never ends pass rushers are like nothing that Fouts or Moon had to cope with. Teams aren't able to keep offensive lines full of consecutive first round picks together for a decade the way the Oiler's did with Matthews, Munchak, and Steinkhuler. It just doesn't happen like that anymore. Schaub's lack of mobility and athleticism is not tailor-made for any team in the NFL in 2013.

Matt might have been a good one back in the 70's or 80's. Not now. Not in any meaningful way. You can pile up statistics with him against weak-sisters but that's about it.

We need an athletic QB who can turn blown plays into opportunities instead of passes to the guy holding the yard marker and trips to the fetal position. All Matt can do when faced with pressure is decide whether he can get the ball out of bounds beyond the line of scrimmage and/or go straight down to the turf. He has no other options. Every week we see him do this. He folds up faster than David Carr did now.

It's time.

Last edited:
John P. Lopez @LopezOnSports

Texans fans are burning Schaub jerseys in
the parking lot. I think that's a sign.
View details ·

I have a few photos of it going down and that guy sprayed a ton of lighter fluid after it was already lit, then tried to put the fire out with a 12oz bottle of water.

Really? We just lost to Johnny Manziel lite today.

I'd love to see Manziel on this team. I'd also love to see Tajh Boyd and perhaps even Aaron Murray.

Manziel won't so much as be a blip in the NFL. I understand if you think differently but that's my opinion. I didn't like listening to Longhorns when Vince was in play and I hope the Aggies won't be as bad or worse when Johnny Football is out there but I know they will be. They're like Longhorn fans with a big need to overcompensate for years of being the Longhorn's little brother.

Manziel Lite didn't do squat for most of the game by the way and he really didn't as much bring the Hawks back as be present when Matt gifted them back into the game.

It's just not worth it. Hell, I like the Cougars but I'm almost wishing Case had gone somewhere else at times. I don't follow college football intently. I've never cared for it like I do the NFL game and so I would rather college loyalties not get all over my NFL team.

That's just me though.

I agree but in the offense/defense "arms race" that never ends pass rushers are like nothing that Fouts or Moon had to cope with. Teams aren't able to keep offensive lines full of consecutive first round picks together for a decade the way the Oiler's did with Matthews, Munchak, and Steinkhuler. It just doesn't happen like that anymore. Schaub's lack of mobility and athleticism is not tailor-made for and team in the NFL in 2013.

Matt might have been a good one back in the 70's or 80's. Not now. Not in any meaningful way. You can pile up statistics with him against weak-sisters but that's about it.

We need an athletic QB who can turn blown plays into opportunities instead of passes to the guy holding the yard marker and trips to the fetal position. All Matt can do when faced with pressure is decide whether he can get the ball out of bounds beyond the line of scrimmage and/or go straight down to the turf. He has no other options. Every week we see him do this. [BOLD]He folds up faster than David Carr did now.[/BOLD]

It's time.

Yup. Said it during the Game day thread. Looks like Carr Part Deaux now.

Call Pittsburgh, trade for Rothlesberger. Honestly think he could be had right now.

Steelers are going into rebuild mode now and Ben is a proven winner.

Back