Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/29. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

Call Pittsburgh, trade for Rothlesberger. Honestly think he could be had right now.

Steelers are going into rebuild mode now and Ben is a proven winner.

Either draft a QB in the 1st next year or call Washington and trade for Kirk Cousins. Roethlisberger is 31 and in decline, no reason to trade for him.

BVXBgNTIYAAqqlx.jpg

Taken at Reliant after the game

That's pathetic, sorry!

Every...single...week these guys make boneheaded mistakes and decisions.
Whether it's play calling, Schaub's inability to run the play, or Kareem's pass interferences/personal fouls... every week is the same with these 3 guys.

It's been going on for WAY too long now and will continue to go on for many more weeks to come. Sigh.

hey fellas! tough loss for you today but at least your QB didn't toss 5 INT's today like mine did! damn! Flacco was horrible! our O-line played like trash and no rushing attack. the Bills took us to the wood shed. lol! it happens! at this point the way my Ravens play, I don't look past no team in this league. we have the Dolphins next on the road again. ugh! who do you guys have next?

Colts.

I don't know about worse ever, but it's pretty bad though. I just knew we were going to win once JJ got that INT. I can't believe Matt Schaub threw that pick 6. All we needed was FG and game was sealed.

Matt might have been a good one back in the 70's or 80's. Not now. Not in any meaningful way. You can pile up statistics with him against weak-sisters but that's about it.

I really, really want to be on the bash Matt Schaub bandwagon today, but he just threw for 355 yards & 2 TDs against a team that's only been giving up 241 total yards through 3 games, 146 through the air.

I didn't get to see the second half, rain took out my dish, so all I had to go by was 610 & the gameday thread. I'm not trying to make excuses for Matt Schaub, don't really care to defend him... but he put some yards & some points on what will probably the toughest defense we'll play all year.

My biggest question, is why do we not see this guy when we're playing the Titans, the Chargers, or a struggling undermanned Ravens?

When his back's against the wall he seems to answer the bell. Put him out with a 17 point lead against one of the best defenses in the NFL & he's a totally different player. I just don't understand it.

I really, really want to be on the bash Matt Schaub bandwagon today, but he just threw for 355 yards & 2 TDs against a team that's only been giving up 241 total yards through 3 games, 146 through the air.

I didn't get to see the second half, rain took out my dish, so all I had to go by was 610 & the gameday thread. I'm not trying to make excuses for Matt Schaub, don't really care to defend him... but he put some yards & some points on what will probably the toughest defense we'll play all year.

My biggest question, is why do we not see this guy when we're playing the Titans, the Chargers, or a struggling undermanned Ravens?

When his back's against the wall he seems to answer the bell. Put him out with a 17 point lead against one of the best defenses in the NFL & he's a totally different player. I just don't understand it.

don't matter if his stats look good. he threw a pick 6 who was completely reading MS the whole time. No points in the second half? who's fault is this? I've been a MS fan since we've gotten him but he's declined.

don't matter if his stats look good. he threw a pick 6 who was completely reading MS the whole time. No points in the second half? who's fault is this? I've been a MS fan since we've gotten him but he's declined.

Matt Schaub pu55ied up in the second half. He had more opportunities to win this game for us than anyone else & he repeatedly screwed the pooch.

Just saying he can put stats up against good teams as well as the weak little sisters.

Matt Schaub pu55ied up in the second half. He had more opportunities to win this game for us than anyone else & he repeatedly screwed the pooch.

Just saying he can put stats up against good teams as well as the weak little sisters.

Yep ... some of it is he can't run and others he folds like a cot .

Matt has looked the same to me for a while now. I don't really put stats at the forefront though. I'm watching these games and Matt is not a play maker, and he makes crushing mistakes.

This offense helps him put up his precious stats. This offense takes some of the pressure of being a playmaker off the qb and puts him in ideal situations with som easy throws.

But a better QB would take this team to another level. We have too much talent to be messing around with Schaub. We're playing with a handicap. And we still are pretty good.

It's not about us being good though...or good enough to get some shiny stats. It's about how much better we could be.

Let's not show up and aww shucks our way through games. Let's show up and kick the damn door down.

I'll tell you what happened they stopped playing zone against us, man'd up our receivers and went to work on Matt Schaub. It was only a matter of time before he folded up like a wet napkin.

Any team we face is simply going to man up and blitz us like a liquor store on a friday night, I know I would.

Right up until he can't. This season has been one long run of "Offense.....No Offense.....Wait! Offense Again!...... Never mind, it's gone now."

This system can put up stats against good teams as well as the weak sisters. Once the defense sorts out how to get into Matt's face and shut him down then they short him out and the system falls apart.

Just as before with David Carr, a QB who requires the rest of the offense to function perfectly and who can't create opportunities off-schedule is of no use to us. They get to him and he begins screwing up. Every offense screws up. Nobody scores a TD on every drive. Most drives that die short of a FG or TD die because someone makes a mistake. On a team where the QB is the one most likely to make the mistake you got real problems.

I can't imagine that Gary Kubiak thinks that the only thing Matt should do if the play doesn't go as planned is run out of the tackle box and throw the ball into the crowd on the sidelines. I really can't believe that he has laid down absolute instructions to that effect. I find myself thinking, believing if you will that Gary as much as the rest of us would like to see Matt turn a busted play into a positive gain but he almost never seems capable of doing it. The pressure comes toward him and he starts looking to the sidelines to get rid of it. Not only that but he does it earlier now than he used to. Today he was running toward the end zone and AJ and Nuk were both over there (if I ID'd them correctly) and he could have thrown it up there for one of them to make a play but no, he just threw it out of bounds.

Better safe than sorry. Want to make sure we get a FG if nothing else.

He might be the most uninspiring QB in the entire league.

Right up until he can't. This season has been one long run of "Offense.....No Offense.....Wait! Offense Again!...... Never mind, it's gone now."

This system can put up stats against good teams as well as the weak sisters. Once the defense sorts out how to get into Matt's face and shut him down then they short him out and the system falls apart.

Just as before with David Carr, a QB who requires the rest of the offense to function perfectly and who can't create opportunities off-schedule is of no use to us. They get to him and he begins screwing up. Every offense screws up. Nobody scores a TD on every drive. Most drives that die short of a FG or TD die because someone makes a mistake. On a team where the QB is the one most likely to make the mistake you got real problems.

I can't imagine that Gary Kubiak thinks that the only thing Matt should do if the play doesn't go as planned is run out of the tackle box and throw the ball into the crowd on the sidelines. I really can't believe that he has laid down absolute instructions to that effect. I find myself thinking, believing if you will that Gary as much as the rest of us would like to see Matt turn a busted play into a positive gain but he almost never seems capable of doing it. The pressure comes toward him and he starts looking to the sidelines to get rid of it. Not only that but he does it earlier now than he used to. Today he was running toward the end zone and AJ and Nuk were both over there (if I ID'd them correctly) and he could have thrown it up there for one of them to make a play but no, he just threw it out of bounds.

Better safe than sorry. Want to make sure we get a FG if nothing else.

He might be the most uninspiring QB in the entire league.
MSR. Good post, man.

Schaub just doesn't have it. Time to move on.

I don't know about worse ever, but it's pretty bad though. I just knew we were going to win once JJ got that INT. I can't believe Matt Schaub threw that pick 6. All we needed was FG and game was sealed.
For the life of me, I still can't figure out why we didn't call for a run on that play Schaub threw the pick six? We could have punted with Shane Lechler and pinned them inside the 10 yard line.

I feel our defense would have made a big stop to win the game 20-13 in regulation. The Seahawks would have needed to go the length of the field and not a lot of time left. That would have eliminated potential runs by Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch. The Seahawks passing game was crap all game and our pass rush was more than good.

That Schaub pick six lost us the game. I'm still angry and frustrated.

For the life of me, I still can't figure out why we didn't call for a run on that play Schaub threw the pick six? We could have punted with Shane Lechler and pinned them inside the 10 yard line.

I feel our defense would have made a big stop to win the game 20-13 in regulation. The Seahawks would have needed to go the length of the field and not a lot of time left. That would have eliminated potential runs by Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch. The Seahawks passing game was crap all game and our pass rush was more than good.

Your scenario could well be right, but Wilson can still scramble and get out of bounds while moving the chains. I don't have a bit of a problem with aggressive play calling by Kubiak, I have a problem with the execution by Schaub. Kubiak calls some pretty good games. Execution is the problem.

Kubiak was giving his qb a chance to win the game.

He now realizes he needs to not put so much on him because he obviously can't handle it.

Next time he'll go conservative. Schaub's not the guy you want to go all aggressive with.

He now realizes he needs to not put so much on him because he obviously can't handle it.

Next time he'll go conservative. Schaub's not the guy you want to go all aggressive with.
And Kubiak will get just as much heat for going conservative. The best answer is to start a QB that can handle the heat. Schaubs awareness and physical limitations keep him from doing that. Yates and Keenum don't have the physical limitation issues. I'd love to see how they do with the pressure. It's old hat as to how Schaub handles it.

Kubiak needs to be aggressive and make a change at the most important position on the team. Man up and do it, Kubes.

We had just scored, we were up 14-3. Cushing forces Lynch to cough up the ball, our offense is on the 18 yard line, can't punch it in.

Seattle's defense had just given up a substantial scoring drive, they're right back on the field & they hold us to a FG. This is with Andre running free in the back of the end zone, little pressure around Schaub, but he throws it away.

Of course, we had to settle for a FG later on as well.

That's 8 points we left on the field.

We had just scored, we were up 14-3. Cushing forces Lynch to cough up the ball, our offense is on the 18 yard line, can't punch it in.

Seattle's defense had just given up a substantial scoring drive, they're right back on the field & they hold us to a FG.

Of course, we had to settle for a FG later on as well.

That's 8 points we left on the field.
And those 8 points are on the offense.

On the pass play:

Sherman on his radio interview said that they saw that play called before in similar situations. Really, it was a lucky call. Because everyone is thinking run on that play, but Houston has used it for big gains. So they had a defense for it and if you watch the rush and Sherman, they look like they know what is coming.

Yeah, he should not have thrown it, but if Sherman is not in perfect position that play may be a TD and at minimum a first down. According to Sherm, the defense drew that play up and it worked. It ultimately ended up being a backbreaker but holding the Texans down for the half was really the story. Seattle was lucky to do that considering the success Houston had early.

Guys, I know you are down on Schaub, but when he is on, he is dangerous. It is so early. Now go into SF and beat the Whiners. CKaep is NOT as elusive as Wilson and will crumble under pressure if the outside is contained. He looks down every receiver but converts by burning the ball in there.

Let me put it to you this way, Kaep throws so hard that when JJ Swat tips a pass, it will go 50 feet in the air and get picked. The Niners have trouble with balanced teams. Even if they aren't the best, as long as they are balanced SF has trouble with them. They are not the dynamo that the media claims they are. Beating on the Rams is no big deal and SF fans think that they are all better because they handled STL. They aren't.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

And Kubiak will get just as much heat for going conservative. The best answer is to start a QB that can handle the heat. Schaubs awareness and physical limitations keep him from doing that. Yates and Keenum don't have the physical limitation issues. I'd love to see how they do with the pressure. It's old hat as to how Schaub handles it.

Kubiak needs to be aggressive and make a change at the most important position on the team. Man up and do it, Kubes.
Very true but we should have done whatever it takes to win. In that situation and factoring in the field position, we have to trust one of the best punters of all time and our defense. This was the best game we played this season in terms of our strong pass rush. From that field position we were in, Shane Lechler would have boomed it with enough hang time to pin them inside their own 10 yard line.

The Seahawks return guy would have likely called for a fair catch. Playing conservatively would have won us an ugly but hard fought 20-13 game in regulation. All of us would have taken that and been happy with a 3-1 record going into San Francisco.

I don't want to put these games in Matt Schaub's hands late, especially when we have a Touchdown lead late in the game. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball and punt if necessary. We're at home and the crowd noise would have carried us to a victory. The Seahawks would have probably made a few false starts, been rattled and Russell Wilson, who had a bad game throwing wise, likely is sacked, throws a pick or is ineffective with incompletions when he's not able to run.

Don't get ate up by the stat line. Lots of QB's make big numbers and lose games. Schaub just did it the opposite way today. He made his mark during the 1st half, not garbage time in a blowout. That makes it worse, BTW. He got figured out and shut down. That happens to mediocre QB's.

On the pass play:

Sherman on his radio interview said that they saw that play called before in similar situations. Really, it was a lucky call. Because everyone is thinking run on that play, but Houston has used it for big gains. So they had a defense for it and if you watch the rush and Sherman, they look like they know what is coming.
Another reason why you run on that play. Richard Sherman is arguably the best cornerback in the league right now. He shouldn't have even had a chance to make that pick six. To be honest, I put this loss on the playcalling (Kubiak called that play?). I don't blame Schaub for having limitations. The coaching is the one to blame for today's loss.

Another reason why you run on that play. Richard Sherman is arguably the best cornerback in the league right now. He shouldn't have even had a chance to make that pick six. To be honest, I put this loss on the playcalling (Kubiak called that play?). I don't blame Schaub for having limitations. The coaching is the one to blame for today's loss.
I wasn't impressed by Seattle's vaunted secondary. I think they are the beneficiaries of a weak division. The NFC West has 2 good teams and two ho-hum teams. Kinda like the AFC South.

A wannabe QB like Schaub ripped that secondary for 30 minutes. It wasn;t until Seattle figured out how to pressure Schaub that they had any success. I don't fault Kubiak for his play call. I fault the players (SCHAUB) for poor execution. I'm all about aggressive play calling and going for the kill. Just have the players in place to handle that pressure.

Don't get ate up by the stat line. Lots of QB's make big numbers and lose games. Schaub just did it the opposite way today. He made his mark during the 1st half, not garbage time in a blowout. That makes it worse, BTW. He got figured out and shut down. That happens to mediocre QB's.

I'd like to at least be factual with my argument. We've got people going gaga over Collin Kaepernick & he scored 3 points against this Seattle defense. He was part of that 241 yards through 3 games.

Matt Schaub.... the Houston Texans really, but Matt was a big part of that, dropped the Seahawks out of the top 5... from #1.

People want to say Schaub can't beat the good teams, they say Matt chokes in big situations... I can get with that, I can argue that & we can find evidence of that.

but you're not going to tell me he's suffering from a LisFranc, throwing off his backfoot & he's the only QB to throw for over 300 yards on these guys. That's above their average, that's above Matt's average... that's a pretty good job.

The INTs.... not good. But when Blaine Gabbert torches these guys for 300 yards, let me know.

I'd like to at least be factual with my argument. We've got people going gaga over Collin Kaepernick & he scored 3 points against this Seattle defense. He was part of that 241 yards through 3 games.

Matt Schaub.... the Houston Texans really, but Matt was a big part of that, dropped the Seahawks out of the top 5... from #1.

People want to say Schaub can't beat the good teams, they say Matt chokes in big situations... I can get with that, I can argue that & we can find evidence of that.

but you're not going to tell me he's suffering from a LisFranc, throwing off his backfoot & he's the only QB to throw for over 300 yards on these guys. That's above their average, that's above Matt's average... that's a pretty good job.

The INTs.... not good. But when Blaine Gabbert torches these guys for 300 yards, let me know.
A fool convinced is still a fool. Believe what you want regardless of the evidence in front of you.

Texans either jump out early and are stifled late or they struggle early and get some garbage time love.

One of the things that really upset me about last week, is that that is what we want. We want to get a 2 score lead, we want to get the run game going.... because then we've got them where we want them. We're coming after your QB & we're going to punk you into making mistakes on offense.

But it didn't happen. We had a 17 point lead, we had over 6 yards per carry.....

but we couldn't move the ball in the second half & we couldn't stop Russell Wilson.

Back