Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/29. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

They're going to take a shot at the end zone.

We're going to be trying to stop the run.

They're going to win it on a TD.

I think I've figured out what it is about Schaub that polarizes fans so much. When he has time and can settle in the pocket, he's incredibly accurate, one of the very best in the NFL. So when the O-line is giving good protection, and sometimes in two-minute drills with a 3-man rush, Schaub can look like the best in the game.

BUT... on the other hand, he is one of the worst QBs in the NFL when he is under pressure. His decision-making is questionable. And when facing pressure, there are several things you can do, and most NFL QBs can do one of these three things reasonably well:

(1) "Feel" the pressure, step up or to the side, and buy another 2-3 seconds or more (Peyton Manning is ridiculous at this);

(2) Be able to throw accurately on the run (Ben Roethlisberger);

(3) Beat you by tucking the ball away and using their legs (Wilson and several others).

Most QBs are decent at at least one of these. Schaub is fairly awful at all three. So when he's under a lot of pressure, a sack or an incomplete pass is the best you can reasonably hope for. Add to that a large dose of questionable decision-making under pressure, and well.... the secret to beating the Texans is getting a pass rush that keeps Schaub under almost constant pressure. Period. The game plan is almost that simple.

Everybody hits the ball good on the range. Schaub will never be able to make the 8-ball.

I'm joining the fire Schaub squad fully. **** it.

Schaub has been awful as expected. The o-line is playing like in David Carr days. Special teams giving up big returns and then there's the genius Gary Kubiak with his genius level play calling.

Everybody hits the ball good on the range. Schaub will never be able to make the 8-ball.

Yes, but even then Schaub is more accurate than most. And he is pretty cool in a two-minute drill... and is very good at it when he has time. Some QBs may fold under the pressure. I will give Schaub credit there, where I feel it's due. But put *any* pressure on him, and he falls apart like a cheap suit.

so we score 20 points in the first half and just lay an egg in the 2nd half... and throw a pick 6. The tale of 2 halves continues...

Damn....... I gotta wear a Colts hat all week at work now.

Thank you Matt freak'n Schaub

Oh yeah..... Colts are now leading in the division race.

Back